why we were stoped of reading Quran with translation

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
banda e khuda

why we were stoped of reading Quran with translation

Unread post by banda e khuda » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:09 am

un-enlightend people r always easy to make slaves than.......................

Hozefa

Re: why we were stoped of reading Quran with translation

Unread post by Hozefa » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:07 am

Reciting Quraan with translation and then conclusion / understanding.. takes too Long time..... just recite with right arabic pronounsation that is more importand Almighty Allah will be sure pleased with you.

AameeN.

Hozefa

Unread post by Hozefa » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:17 am

Korreksion:

what all you need.. just recite the Holy book with it's right arabic pronounsation that is more important than any thing. Almighty Allah will be 'sure' pleased with you.

AameeN.

banda e khuda

Unread post by banda e khuda » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:35 am

right pronunciation is pre requisite all right, but one should know the meaning to of what u r reading for its true guidence and to properly appreciate its greatness of y no one in this world can match its content and writing

Omar Bin Abubakar

Unread post by Omar Bin Abubakar » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:48 am

Whats the use of reading it if you don't understand it? Thats why the translations are inportant...for people with no arabic knowledge...

Omar Bin Abubakar

Unread post by Omar Bin Abubakar » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:49 am

Whats the use of reading it if you don't understand it? Thats why the translations are inportant...for people with no arabic knowledge...

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:53 am

Quran is the Furqan which distinguishes right from wrong. If people start reading quran with understanding they might be guided to know what is wrong and what is right. Hence prevented.

Gulf

Unread post by Gulf » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:15 am

Osama Bin Laden Understood Quraan....
Taaliban Understood Quraan...
Wahabiis Understood Quraan.....

..... resulting??

mohammed_truthseeker

Unread post by mohammed_truthseeker » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:09 am

Arre Gulf you are so dumb...

I mean the dumbest in this Universe...

Do you think all the terrorism in the world is driven by Islam hardliners and nothing of it is politically motivated. All the violence in the name of religion is politically motivated...you retard. I mean stop making a mockery of yourself.

Gulf

Unread post by Gulf » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:38 am

MTS,

either you did'n read it carefully or did not understand.... try to get it what I am saying..

I think you got it!!

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:02 am

And the largest population in USA and UK converting to Islam after reading the translation of Quran people like MOhammed Ali, Hamza Yousuf, Keith Ellison, Yusuf Islam and many more to list........
SO GULPIE OR JAYANTI IF YOU READ QURAN WITH TRANSLATION YOU WILL BE BETTER INFORMED BUT SINCE KOTHARIS WANT YOU TO STAY DUMB AMD MORON THEY DO NOT WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND AND READ TRANSLATIONS

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:56 pm

Osama Bin Laden Understood Quraan....
Taaliban Understood Quraan...
Wahabiis Understood Quraan.....
The Syedna understood the quran!!

Gulf

Unread post by Gulf » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:35 pm

The Syedna understood the quran!!..
...resulting??

Holiness
spirituality
divinity
devoutness
sanctity
sacredness
Happiness
flourishing
glory

:) :)

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:56 pm

^
and also terror for those who have the temerity to question him.
and
Holiness - by saying laanat for all and sundry
spirituality - by building up the assets of his family
divinity - self proclaimed sole selling agent of Allah
devoutness - using bidats like maatam in salaat
sanctity - by 0.02% of the world's population
sacredness - should be scaredness of his followers
Happiness - whose?
flourishing - Even Aurangzeb, Yazid and Firaun flourishes in their time.
glory - What? This guy bows before Thackeray and Modi

This is exactly the post expected from somebody who is a complete ignoramus. Reading and understanding the Quran might help.

banda e khuda

Unread post by banda e khuda » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:59 am

thanks SMART, u said it all in a nut shell to big "nut".

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:46 am

It's clear why they don't want you to read the translations. The manipulation starts with "only WE know the proper translation, and we get that from only our Moula, who knows the true translation."

Once the Bohris start to believe that, then TUS and Family can give people their own twisted, incorrect version in order to manipulate them. Growing up all Bohris i knew believed that EVERY other Muslim scholar did not understand the Quran and that they were all wrong - only "Aqa Moula" knows the truth.

Of course they don't want anyone to read the translation. Once they know and are educated, they might start to question the Great and Terrible OZ - and someone may eventually discover the fraud and hypocrisy.

As long as they have an ever widening Gulf of ignorance, they'll happily sing Ghanu Jeevo all day - and keep bringing money.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:32 am

^
Agree with you. You have a good turn of phrase. The "Gulf of Ignorance" appealed to me.

Thai

Unread post by Thai » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:59 am

FROM ARAB TIMES

KUWAIT CITY, Aug 22: One of the important causes for the decadence of the Islamic community is deviation from the path of Ijtihad, or critical thinking, in the approach to understanding the Holy Quran and the prophetic traditions, says Prof S. Waqar Ahmed Husaini, Founder of Institute of Islamic Sciences, Technology and Development (USA). The professor was giving a lecture on the topic Muslim Rejection of the Natural, Social and Applied Sciences in Holy Quran and Sunnah at Foreign Communities Center in Grand Mosque Thursday.

During his lecture, Dr Husaini pointed out how the early generations of Muslims became masters of the world through their rational understanding of the Holy Quran and the various sciences the scripture throws light on. However, over the centuries, Muslims have departed from critical thinking and adopted blind following, confining their faith to mere rituals without appreciating the significance of terminal goals of various Islamic practices, he added.

The professor said he was inspired to take up research in this field by a verse in the Holy Quran that states that those who do not apply what God has revealed are wrongdoers, evildoers and rejecters. “I thought that’s dangerous, and wondered how I can become a true believer.” Dr Husaini also referred to another verse from the Holy Quran which exhorts man to think over the signs of Allah, saying “Don’t you consider the Holy Quran with care? If it had been from other than Allah there would have been many contradictions in it.”

The professor noted that if you study the Holy Quran without preconceived notions, you would find in it a treasure of knowledge on natural, social and other sciences. “I decided to do my research in the Holy Scripture. For a PhD I went to Stanford University in California. I took 9 years to finish my PhD, because my dissertation was on ethics culture, sociology, and political science among other subjects in Islam.

“When I thought why we are so backward now while our ancestors were so advanced, it bothered me. In my PhD I found that there is so much in the Holy Quran about all the sciences, yet we are not applying all of that knowledge in our lives.
“I came across Kitab ul Kharaj, the book of finance, and I found so much in it. In my book “Holy Quran on the sciences, engineering, law and management of water resources” I have mentioned some of my deductions on Holy Quran.
There are 941 verses in the Holy Quran related to water resources. I found about 1400 verses on economics in the Holy Quran. Now compare that to the six verses and the key derivatives on fasting, eight verses on Hajj (pilgrimage), 32 on Zakat (compulsory charity) and 81 on prayers.
“Meanwhile, the word Allah and its derivates appear 2702 times in the Holy Quran. So every verse in the Holy Quran, regardless of the subject it deals with, is integrated with Tawhid (oneness of God).”

The professor drew references from the Holy Quran to expound how indifference to these key messages in the Holy Quran can render someone a rejecter. “God Almighty asks in the Holy Quran: Do you believe in a part of the book and reject a part of it?” He stressed that in the recent centuries “we have become the worst rejecters of a major part of the book of Allah.’
Dr Husaini then made crucial observations about prophetic traditions in this light. He said if a major part of the Holy Quran is dealing with various sciences relevant to our lives, the prophetic traditions, which are an exposition of Holy Quran, must also significantly deal with those subjects.

However, a large section of books written on important matters such as economic sciences are lost, he added. He referred to books like Kitab Al Amwal by Abu Ben Sallam of the 2nd Century Hijri, “in which the economic thoughts are superior to modern economic theories.” The central idea of that book rests on public welfare, and included animals and environment.”
Dr Husain then broadly touched upon the different kinds of educational systems in the world. The Islamic religious educational system is negligent of science and rational thinking, and focuses only on rituals, he said.

“Secondly there is the secular system of education, which was the result of incompatibility between science and scriptural doctrines of other major religions of the world. Therefore, moderates in these religions conveniently separated religious education from worldly education and relegated the former to the churches.

“However, in Islam such a problem does not arise, because the words of the Creator will never contradict with His creations.” The speaker also stressed on the need for Muslims to learn Arabic “because all the sources of Islam are preserved in that language”. The fact that more than 1.2 billion Muslims in the world are non-Arabs, who do not know Arabic, is also a cause for the ignorance of the Islamic community about true Islam, he added.

By Valiya S. Sajjad
Arab Times Staff

babu

Unread post by babu » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:21 am

For Quran with Translation

Taj Office Book Depot

36 , Mohammed Ali Road, Mumbai, 400003
Phone

+91 22 23433210‏
+91 22 23424806‏

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:17 pm

There are only 2 people who can correctly interpret Qur'an

1. Maulana Burnuddin Saheb

2. Maulana Hazir Imam

If anybody has notes on their interpretation please post.

(Watch Gulp, Turbooch and pardesi flood this section with excellent interpretations)

Wasalaam

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:29 pm

Originally posted by Muslim First:
There are only 2 people who can correctly interpret Qur'an

1. Maulana Burnuddin Saheb

2. Maulana Hazir Imam

If anybody has notes on their interpretation please post.

(Watch Gulp, Turbooch and pardesi flood this section with excellent interpretations)

Wasalaam
Brother Muslim First,

How come you are addressing these people as "Maulana"? Is it kind of taunt or you are serious?

feelgud

Unread post by feelgud » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:42 pm

It is easy to understand Quran:

وَلَقَدْ يَسَّرْنَا الْقُرْآنَ لِلذِّكْرِ فَهَلْ مِن مُّدَّكِرٍ

54:17 And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?

54:22 But We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?

54:32 And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?

54:40 And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:46 pm

How come you are addressing these people as "Maulana"? Is it kind of taunt or you are serious?
It is wish of their followers and I respect it. My opinion about them is well known.

Kindly post any interpretation by them.

Wasalaam

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:28 pm

It is wish of their followers and I respect it. My opinion about them is well known.

Kindly post any interpretation by them.

Wasalaam
I wish if I could find any interpretaion by them. All I find is their so called miracles and purjosh Matam.

They have given me very hard time when I prayed first time in a Sunni muslim mosque. Second time they ask me to come and give meesaque as I attended a conference on Holy Quran in 1984 it was the time when I was surprised that how come some one asked you to not read or discuss Quran. Than I studied it and stopped attending the Jamat where shirk is being preached.

Danish

Unread post by Danish » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:15 pm

Originally posted by feelgud:
54:17 And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?
Wrong translation!

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:42 pm

Jamat where shirk is being preached.
Br. Hussain

Gulps, Pardesis, Turbooches, Salims and even PGohras do not even know what shirk is.

BTW I forgot to include Resident Maulana Porus in Qur’anic experts. And of course there is one Danis-the menses.

Sorry Br. Shaik-ul-Tawil Porus.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:16 pm

Danis-the menses.
:D :D I am not sure if brother Muslim First meant that (I think he wanted to say menace) but this was hilarious.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:22 pm

I prefer what I posted.

Danish

Unread post by Danish » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:32 pm

Jamat where shirk is being preached.
And of course there is one Danis-the menses.
LOL, that must be Yusuf Ali's translation of Dennis the Menace.