a new bohri every year

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
mumin

a new bohri every year

Unread post by mumin » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:06 pm

You become a muslim once you say the qalma-e- shahdat and you are a muslim for life, but in bohri's a misak is held every year on the 19th. of ramadan by the amil and they insist it is a big occasion and every one must participate. Can anyone explain why this misaak is held every year for the old timers when their misaak had already been taken a long time back when they were 15 or 16 years old. . Do not know about India or Pakistan but this is being practised regularly for the past few years in the southern u.s. Need an understandable reason for this practise.

broadminded

Re: a new bohri every year

Unread post by broadminded » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:48 pm

are you kiddin me? Once a year?? they take misaq as many as 4 or five times per year..The main agenda is get salam (another money making scheme) cause I dont see any other logic behind it. Or perhpas they feel that a bohra person's iman is too weak so needs a renewal every so often.

candela

Unread post by candela » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:04 pm

Errgg... and essentially every time it happens I'm reminded that the Bohris are asked to take a mithaaq that most of them do not understand*, one which they aren't allowed to see in writing or even record for themselves*... essentially, one which they aren't allowed to understand*.

*(Correct me if I'm wrong?)

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:49 pm

After the central organisation of reformist Bohras, The Central Board of Dawoodi Bohra Community" filed in 1966 a Review Petition in the Supreme Court of India to review the rights given to the Bohra high priest to excommunicate Dawoodi Bohras purely on religious ground, Sayedna Saheb went round the world luring and calling back the reformist Bohras to come back to his fold. He also came to Udaipur in 1999 and word was spread that "You don't have to give mafi (an apology) but take just give Misaq and you will be accepted back. Then the Bohra Youth in writing and through an open letter in the newspapers demanded Sayedna Saheb to provide them the text of the Misaq and Sayedna Saheb left Udaipur in hurry. Till today we are waiting for the text of the Misaq from him.
Once again through this forum I am requesting my friends on the other side of the divide to provide us the text of Misaq. It can be posted on this board.

mumin

Unread post by mumin » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:04 am

Sir. Insaf: I have the audio cassette of the misak in bohri national language(dawat ne zaban) would you be able to translate it and put it on the Board .?

JC

Unread post by JC » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:25 am

EVERY thing in this cult is for money and power. It has nothing to do with religion whatsoever. NOW they also bring burhani picture in the masjid after prayers though for ANY stupid majlis which they conduct on any lame pretext. This is start.

No ortho bohra can stand trial with any logical human being, let alone Muslim.