Sajda tujhe waajib hai

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
porus

Sajda tujhe waajib hai

Unread post by porus » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:19 am

The following is an extravagant madeh in praise of Sayedna. It is in a readily available Bohra publication. Please note how Allah’s sifaaat (qualities) is used to shower praises on Sayedna. Is this acceptable to Bohras, who are putatively Muslims? (Read specially the words in bold, which are clearly uttered in shirk)

sajda tujhe waajib hai, tu masjid-e-aazam hai
hajj hai teri paa-bosi, tu kaaba-e-aalam hai

tu maalik-o-mawla hai,tu sarwar-e-aalam hai
tu deen ka waali hai, tu shah-e-mua’zzam hai

woh hajj majaazi hai, tu hajj haqiqi hai
ham maal se aur jaa.n se khidmat jo kare.n who kam hai

tu khushrau-e-duniya hai, tu baadshah-e-deen hai
tu sarwar-e-ikraam hai, tu shah-e-mukarram hai

be-shaq tu farishta hai, tu nek sar-shataa hai
allah ki taa’at mein masroof tu har dam hai

duniya mein bhi raahat hai, uqbaa mein bhi raahat hai
hazrat ke sanaa-khwaan ko kuchh ham hai na kuchh gham hai

dam tera bharunga mein, tauseef karunga mein
ay shah-e-zamaan, jab tak yeh dam mein mera dam hai

chaha hai jo kuchh tune, rab ne wahi chaha hai
samjhenge khuda khush hai gar tu khush-o-khurram hai

sa’ee teri taa’at hai, khidmat teri daulat hai
dil hai hajr-o-aswad, seena tera zam-zam hai

ham-bakht Sikandar tu, ham-waseef Sulaiman tu
haqqan tu naginah hai, da’awat jo hai khatim hai

abd azali hu.n mein, ma’bood tu mera hai
ikhlaas teri jo kuchh ta’areef kare, kam hai

anajmi

Re: Sajda tujhe waajib hai

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:53 am

Dhikr of Allah is established in the Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet and sending blessings to the Prophet is established in the Quran. But this is dhikr of syedna and not of Allah. This is shirk and associating partners with Allah or even replacing Allah with a human deity. Bohras should remember that every time they recite this madeh, they are committing a grave sin, a sin that is unforgivable unless you seek forgiveness from Allah.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:29 pm

reformists should circulate this widely among all their sunni friends, but most especially send it to all leading muslim ulema in india, pakistan, all the gulf countries, to al azhar, and even to the bigwigs in africa.

i will be doing my bit and send it to all my sunni muslim friends spread all over the world. i will be printing flyers of this madeh and distribute it widely among all sunni masjids in ontario, inshallah, as and when i can. if someone can locate and post the addresses here of the deoband islamic school, the shahi imam bukhari of jama masjid delhi, the jamiat e ulema al hind, the office of the jamiat e islam party in pakistan, the ministers of islamic affairs and awqaf in UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Yemen and Saudi, I will be greatly obliged.

Bhai Saifuddin Insaf should use his connections and have this published in the leading urdu newspapers and journals in india and abroad. the fallout will be painful for bohras overall, but its time the rest of the islamic world knew what a promoter of shirk they have in their midst. it is also possible we will be made outcast like the ahmediyyas, but facts are facts and syedna and his evil coterie cannot hide behind the facade of islam anymore.

is there a video of this being recited in a bohra jamaat? if it is made available to me, i can post it on youtube and create a blog too for the whole islamic ummah to see. porus, from which kothari publication did you obtain this? I would like to get my hands on that website or booklet. Can Admin help?

porus

Unread post by porus » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:55 pm

The Madeh in Urdu is here:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6Rj73 ... MWUy&hl=en

The booklet in which the Madeh is published is called 'Jawaahir Gharra' ('Dazzling Jewels'). The booklet was published on the occassion of Milad-un-Nabi 1417 Hijri. The cover sheet of the booklet is here:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6Rj73 ... NzEw&hl=en

The dedication at the bottom of the cover sheet reads:

"Ihasaan of Allah's Dai for the celebration of the Eid Milad-un-Nabi in America".

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:21 am

thanks porus. brothers, i am still awaiting the addresses and email contacts of all the figures/bodies mentioned in various countries i have mentioned.

Mubarak, i know you have connections in many places, so does brother hussain KSA in saudi. i will be trying myself too, but any help is welcome.

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:36 am

Al zulfiqar
What will you gain by doing this.

At the end it is the poor ignorant Bohra who might have to suffer, the dai and his regime will not be even be touched by this. If your intentions are good, what you cud do is try to give good counsel to your bohra friends in the best capacity you can and If still they do shirk, leave it to Allah(swt) to decide.

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:07 pm

I think, a good start will be to translate it into english as best as you can and sending it to all the embassies of muslim and western countries. This madeh in urdu will not mean much to western country's embassies and they will throw it away, but translated into a language they will understand and will get some attention. pointing out the shirk being talked in there.
This madeh combined with itemized list of his atrocities committed on his own people along with his coercieve schemes of collecting monetary funds from his people and selling of titles etc. should also be sent to the embassies to make his travels difficul.
Sometime ago they were caught in Africa stealing diamonds and other funds. Since that time the kothar has become smart and now they do it in a very smooth fashion. In every country they have registered jamaats as non-profit organizations and opened a bank account in every country in the name of Dawat-e-Hadiyah with Dai as the sole proprietor managed by a local stooge. all the money , gold, diamonds they collect from ziafats and selling of titles is deposited in those accounts and then transferred to India or anywhere in the world under the umbrella of doing good deeds. Such a sophisticated way to fool everyone.
IRS in every country should be alerted to check the balance of Dawat-e-Hadiyah account before and after the arrival and departure of the Dai and then ask for explanation for the sudden jump and why this big increase not be considered an income of dai subject to taxes of that country.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:53 pm

humble_servant_us wrote:Al zulfiqar
What will you gain by doing this.

At the end it is the poor ignorant Bohra who might have to suffer, the dai and his regime will not be even be touched by this. If your intentions are good, what you cud do is try to give good counsel to your bohra friends in the best capacity you can and If still they do shirk, leave it to Allah(swt) to decide.
HSus,

your question is a very relevant one. i too have agonised over this since long. among the reformists most are well-intentioned at heart and actually wish to see our community prosper and progress as we should, being a shrewd, intelligent and resourceful people in business and
whatever else we set our minds to. the last thing i or anyone wants to see happening is our poor and simple bohra brethren suffering due to the evil actions of our clergy. but please consider this. everytime we back down from going further in exposing our corrupt priesthood we are strengthening our evil kothar. that is precisely what they are counting on.

our syedna and his cunning family derive their support from promoting him in front of the world and esp. the islamic world, as a champion of islam, as a tireless promoter of peace and moderation in religion, as an unceasing fighter for human rights etc. this they then use to bully our own community into submission or bamboozle them and portray him as a universally accepted and recognised leader. i do believe that most sunni and other shia muslim leaders do know in their hearts that the beliefs that the syedna is expounding are false and blatant shirk, but either they turn a blind eye or are receiving monetary favours from our wily banias to look the other way.

if this outright shirk and kufr is exposed in the media and to every muslim leader who matters, slowly but surely syedna's support base will vanish and all his fancy purchased titles will be stripped from him - chancellor of AMU, felicitations from corrupt muslims like mayor of karachi or other lesser goondas etc. what is most important is that ordinary bohras will eventually do notice the change in behaviour of the sunnis and other shias towards syedna and us bohras. the weight of mass opinion will eventually turn in the favour of the majority of our community and syedna and his parasite family will have to accept and swallow humble pie.

for that matter, do you think that the saudi's dont know what the syedna is upto or what our beliefs are and how they have been corrupted by him and his father? yet havent they allowed us bohras to stay and do business and jobs in their country, but only punished syedna and a few of his family members?

i wouldnt worry too much about the long term implications of exposing the syedna's shirk encouraging practices. our original beliefs and deen are not unislamic, its our clergy which is. and the discerning scholars know the difference.

porus

Unread post by porus » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Translation of 'Sajda tujhe waajib hai'

sajda tujhe waajib hai, tu masjid-e-aazam hai
hajj hai teri paa-bosi, tu kaaba-e-aalam hai

Prostration is an obligation to you, you are the great masjid
Kissing your feet is (our) Hajj; you are the Kaaba of the world

tu maalik-o-mawla hai,tu sarwar-e-aalam hai
tu deen ka waali hai, tu shah-e-mua’zzam hai

You are the King and Lord; you are the Sovereign of the world
You are Defender of the Faith, You are the Greatest King

woh hajj majaazi hai, tu hajj haqiqi hai
ham maal se aur jaa.n se khidmat jo kare.n who kam hai

That Hajj is apparent (fanciful), you are the Hajj in Truth
All that we can offer of our property and life to you will for ever fall short

tu khushrau-e-duniya hai, tu baadshah-e-deen hai
tu sarwar-e-ikraam hai, tu shah-e-mukarram hai

You are the world’s Khusrow*, you are the emperor of faith
You are the sovereign of generosity, you are the sovereign lord

[*This is an allusion to Nasir Khusrow, who was a dominant theological figure in the court of Imam Mustansir during the Fatemi Khilafat]

be-shaq tu farishta hai, tu nek sar-shataa hai
allah ki taa’at mein masroof tu har dam hai

Without doubt, you are an angel, you are pure sar-shataa*
You are ever occupied in the obedience of Allah with your every breath

[*Meaning unknown to me]

duniya mein bhi raahat hai, uqbaa mein bhi raahat hai
hazrat ke sanaa-khwaan ko kuchh ham hai na kuchh gham hai

You are at peace in the world and you will have peace in the hereafter
Reciting your (hazrat’s) eulogies is a cure for grief and sorrow

dam tera bharunga mein, tauseef karunga mein
ay shah-e-zamaan, jab tak yeh dam mein mera dam hai

With every breath of mine, I will eulogize you
O, Lord of Time, until my last breath

chaha hai jo kuchh tune, rab ne wahi chaha hai
samjhenge khuda khush hai gar tu khush-o-khurram hai

Whatever you have desired, that is also rab’s (Allah’s) desire
We know Allah is happy if you are happy

sa’ee teri taa’at hai, khidmat teri daulat hai
dil hai hajr-e-aswad, seena tera zam-zam hai

sa’ee* is your obedience. Serving you is our wealth
Your heart is Hajr-e-aswad, your breast is Zam-zam

[*tawaaf between Safa and Marwa in the precincts of the Kaaba]

ham-bakht sikandar tu, ham-waseef sulaiman tu
haqqan tu naginah hai, da’awat jo hai khatim hai

You are fortunate as Alexander and as praise-worthy as Sulaiman
Truly, you are the diamond of the ring of da'awat

abd azali hu.n mein, ma’bood tu mera hai
ikhlaas teri jo kuchh ta’areef kare kam hai

I am the slave of Eternity*; you are the object of my worship
There is no end to your praise from Ikhlaas

[*It is possible that both abd azali (slave of eternity) and ikhlaas are pen names of the author]

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:57 pm

I wondered what you pay someone for writing this shirk.The last record Ya Syedas shodahi is still in production.Ever wonder a great poet writes only once in his life.We should find more Gems from this poet,also look for some other work he/she has done before. :)

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:00 pm

This was exactly the same point I was making in my last topics. Syedna saheb has claimed to be an addressee in Quran. He calls himself Allah's Dai( Allah's summoner) or more recently he claims to know what is going on in bohra household.

The above madeh is an obvious example of our religion gone berserk. I dont know if syedna saheb himself goes through these madehs, He listens to them quite frequently. Does he want what ever is said in above or he approves of it. I dont know.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:44 pm

accountability wrote:
I dont know if syedna saheb himself goes through these madehs, He listens to them quite frequently. Does he want what ever is said in above or he approves of it. I dont know.
is there any doubt? a religious leader who from childhood has got used to being treated like royalty, spoilt, pampered, allowed to indulge in shikar (a nefarious past time of the erstwhile maharajah's of india) from the age of 15-16, taken everywhere in luxury limousines and processions, used to his hands and feet being kissed, wined and dined with 12 course thaals and hobnobbing with politicians and celebrities and being treated as a VVIP, having crores showered on him; such a man is completely and utterly corrupted by this materialistic world. he seeks worldly titles and fame, he seeks adulation, pomp, show and glamour. he has got used to plush carpets, high thrones and fawning sycophants 24/7. he is not used to anyone defying him or questioning him.

do you think such a man will object to anyone calling him emperor of this world and all worlds beyond? being called haqiqi kaaba and natiqe quran and all the extravagant praise beyond kufr in this madeh? of course, he loves it. he laps it up, he feels entitled to it. he is the new firaun, the king of kings, higher than anyone else, past or present..

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:20 pm

Al Zulfiqar wrote:reformists should circulate this widely among all their sunni friends...i will be doing my bit and send it to all my sunni muslim friends spread all over the world. i will be printing flyers of this madeh and distribute it widely among all sunni masjids in ontario, inshallah, as and when i can.
Just curious, what is the purpose of sending this to Sunnis ?

porus

Unread post by porus » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:33 am

Fatwa Banker wrote: Just curious, what is the purpose of sending this to Sunnis ?
If the intention is to alert Bohras to dissuade from shirk to which their leadership is clearly guiding them, then this website has a long way to go. Bohras, especially the abdes who visit this site are immune to all arguments. What is astounding is that they will openly refute the Quran and insist that sajda is permissible, and to the author of this madeh, even obligatory. Their main argument is that only they understand the Quran but will not tell you why they are correct.

How do you then shake them off their deep slumber? We know that Sunnis will not make much headway with the Shia regarding Imamat. However, about sajda to Dai, all Muslims including the mainstream Shia, will vehemently object. By letting others know about this Bohra practice, it is to be hoped that they will be persuaded from committing shirk or even shamed into the realization that they are violating the Quran.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:48 am

Their main argument is that only they understand the Quran but will not tell you why they are correct.
porus,

Their main argument is the same as your main argument and that is that the others are reading translations of the quran and not the real quran. With this kind of thinking, it is easy to dismiss what the others are saying. Read the last post from aqs in this thread

http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... f=1&t=5081
Religion is not suppose to be discussed on open forums, where few so called intellectuals put their doubts and multiply it by people who comment on them, and then you put few who read english translations of Al Quran and think they have conquered the real meaning and essense of Quran when in reality they have just read out a mere translation.

porus

Unread post by porus » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:30 am

anajmi wrote: Their main argument is the same as your main argument and that is that the others are reading translations of the quran and not the real quran. With this kind of thinking, it is easy to dismiss what the others are saying. Read the last post from aqs in this thread
Clearly, there is a scope for a wide variety of interpretations of the Quran. It is not confined to those who read translations. Debate about the Quran amongst those who read Arabic too has been around since it was revealed. However, certain issues are so fundamental to being a Muslim, that there can be absolutely no disagreement about them. One of them is this ayat from Sura Muhammad:

...la ilaha illa-llah... (47:19)

There is no Ilah except Allah. Ilah is the object of a Muslim's worship, a ma'abood. That is none other than Allah. Yet in the madeh, there is this line addressed to a someone other than Allah, namely, Sayedna:

abd azali hu.n mein, ma’abood tu mera hai

Similarly, even with a rudimentary knowledge of Arabic, you can only come to a singular understanding of ayat 41:37. That is that Allah commands sajda to him alone.

About these, all Muslims except, apparently, Bohras agree.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:55 am

The author of this madeh has a little knowledge of Arabic and absolutely no knowledge of the quran. I don't think he even understands the gravity of the problem in the light of the quran. He was simply paid money to come up with poetry to depict Syedna in a grand light and he put his little knowledge of Arabic to use. I consider the Daim-ul-Islam to be a similar form of poetry written in praise of the Imam.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:29 pm

anajmi wrote:The author of this madeh has a little knowledge of Arabic and absolutely no knowledge of the quran. I don't think he even understands the gravity of the problem in the light of the quran. He was simply paid money to come up with poetry to depict Syedna in a grand light and he put his little knowledge of Arabic to use. I consider the Daim-ul-Islam to be a similar form of poetry written in praise of the Imam.
Even if we agree that the author of this madeh has little knowledge of Arabic and no knowledge of the quran, does that absolve the recipient of this slavish madeh? Is he not responsible for allowing himself to be portrayed in these shirkful terms?

As the presiding authority in Bohra terms, is it not the Syedna's responsibility to stop such portrayal? Instead, what we see is active encouragement to slavish sentiments.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Smart wrote:
As the presiding authority in Bohra terms, is it not the Syedna's responsibility to stop such portrayal? Instead, what we see is active encouragement to slavish sentiments.
smart, please read my response to accty above in the same thread. do you still have any doubts that the syedna and his family are not actually aware of this sycophancy and actively encouraging this slavish behaviour?

dont they expect every bohra to say and write 'abde syedna' and 'amte syedna' since last 6-7 decades?

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:56 pm

thanks to accty and omabharati for their messages. i do know that many other reformist brethren on this board do have very good connections in the right places, but are hesitant to be complicit in taking this extreme step of exposing the syedna and our shirk to other influential muslims.

i do understand their sentiments if they feel it will hurt bohras and their livelihoods in general. but let me put it this way - for how long are we going to shield the devil to protect ourselves?

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:45 pm

porus wrote:By letting others know about this Bohra practice, it is to be hoped that they will be persuaded from committing shirk or even shamed into the realization that they are violating the Quran.
You are making the assumption that the Bohras care whether they are violating the Quran or not, the evidence is to the contrary. If the Dai were to annouce today that Bohras no longer need to read the Quran as following him will suffice, a majority will comply. The idea that you can "shame" them out of such behavior is naive.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:14 pm

FB,

that is the whole point. let the syedna announce that bohras need not read the quran anymore. in fact since he is the haqiqi kaaba, they also need not go for haj. let him also announce publicly that bohras have got nothing to do with the islam followed by 99.9% of muslims. we would welcome him declaring that bohras have nothing to do with islam at all.

what is objected to is his doing all the above things in secret, but publicly showing that he and his followers are muslims. let him end that hypocrisy and that deception. if he wont, we will.

after that, what his blind followers do is not our concern. if they are happy jumping over the cliff like lemmings on the syedna's orders, so be it.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:25 pm

I agree with FB on this one. First of all what is the purpose of sending this madeh to all other muslims in the world? What bohras think and do about their dai in religious context is their lookout and has nothing to do with other muslims. The reformists are and should continue to fight for the social cause and upliftment of bohras. Given the universal democratic laws of each and every country accept a few, every individual has the right to practice his/her own faith. Nobody is suppose to police that. Now some have said that this in not Islamic. And I agree with that. But than as the saying goes "to each his own"...

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:48 pm

Aarif wrote:Given the universal democratic laws of each and every country accept a few, every individual has the right to practice his/her own faith. Nobody is suppose to police that. Now some have said that this in not Islamic. And I agree with that. But than as the saying goes "to each his own"...
Bro Aarif,

By applying this yardstick 'to each his own' and 'every individual has a right to practice his/her own faith and nobody is suppose to police that' it would then be useless to discuss and report every other atrocities committed in the name of Islam like forceful extortion of money in the name of zakat, haqqun nafs, wajebat, giving religous sanctity to Masjids only after recieving huge amounts and transferring the same in dai's name, selling of masalla space etc. etc etc. because all this is also a part of their faith. This way the very purpose of this site and reform movement is defeated and this is exactly what the kothari goons want.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:22 pm

Bro GM,

Please do not mix bohra beliefs with money extortion in the name of religion. According to me these two are different issues. E.g. forcing poor bohras to pay money so that they can stay in the community is different from singing praises for the Dai. The point is if an abde wishes to sing praises for his Dai than he has the right to do so. I would not object to that. But a Dai accumulating wealth in the name of religion by extorting money from poor should not be tolerated. Let me ask you a question. The shias give lot of importance to Moulana Ali. At times even more than Allah. According to mainstrean muslims that is shirk. But according to shias it is their core belief in Maulana Ali and his family. When I was in middle east I use to attend these shia majlis where they use to compose and sing poetry praising Moulana Ali and his family. E.g. "Mere Moula mujhe do sahara. Mene thama hein daaman tumhara"

Would you send this to all the muslims in the world as well?

The Ismailies treat their Imam as noor of Allah. Also, the shias do not believe in first three khalifas. There are many individual assumptions among the followers of Islam that we cannot change and if that is the case why fume and fret over the bohra beliefs???

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:57 pm

I cannot resist but comment on tactical methods for revolutions being discussed between AZ, Aaarif and GM ,

Why let other Muslims know about the stupidity and Shrik practiced in Bohras ?

Shatter the Islamic credibility that Bohras so fictitiously hold that they are ideal Muslims and seek Islamic and Quran as justification. They will be denied association and be denied pilgrimage rights. Once this is done many youth that have love for Islam will question whether they want to remain Abdes because of culture or there is a bigger objective which is they want to be within Islamic mainframe.

But cleverly the Sayedna has embarked on tomb renovations in Iraq and SA where he has cleverly kept connections and relationships with custodians of the holy places. However there is a limit of hypocrisy that the custodians will tolerate.

However know that no belief has been forcibly diminished, a few die hards will be cornered and will find a place and way to sustain their deviant beliefs eg Bahai, Nizaris and Parsis, however they will be less powerful and will not be able to oppress the masses.

My view go for public humiliation and lets wait and see ! We cannot end up worse !

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:04 pm

I agree with AZ, there is a need to expose the hypocrisy, not their beliefs. Abdes can believe what they want, their pretensions need to be exposed.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:11 pm

aarif, now you too are confusing the rights of bohras to sing and do any shirk they want, if thats what they want to do, with the core beliefs of islam.

doing sajda to another human being, calling yrself an abdesyedna, praying for tulul umr of yr leader ta qayamat, calling him haqiqi kaaba and natiq e quran and wishing to donate him yr khaal for jootis... who cares what they want to do? they can commit mass suicide for him for all we care, but let them not do all these things and call themselves muslims at the same time.

the bone of contention is calling yrself muslim, seeking the larger muslim ummah's approval and basking in the false titles bought with money from other muslims, mainly sunni leaders and organisations, and then indulging in shirk. as for the denial of the first 3 khalifas, they were not allah, so that in itself is not shirk. but excessive love for ali to the point of elevating him to status of allah or other fanciful positions is also shirk, pure and simple.

the position of the abde fanatics, when extolling the syedna, inevitably includes his having been accorded titles, honor and recognition by ignorant or greedy sunni leaders. let us close that avenue by exposing the shirk which syedna demands and encourages.

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:22 pm

AZ,

So who is to decide what one can do and still "call themselves Muslims" ? You ? Sunnis ? Sunnis have bigger issues to contend with primarily terrorism, basic human rights and spread of extremism / Wahabism. The last thing they need to be worried about is who is bowing to who, or kissing feet in the name of Islam. The Progressives on the other hand have a legitimate beef as they consider themselves part of the fold and want to remain in it, but want social reforms. I don't see what business it is of any outsider with no dog in the hunt.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:11 pm

So who is to decide what one can do and still "call themselves Muslims" ? You
Actually, the entire post details how this bohra practice is un-Islamic from the Quran's point of view. Neither Al Z, nor the Sunnis can make that call. And you are right, the Sunnis do not care about whose and what the bohras are kissing. Sunnis already know about these bohra practices and refer to them as Mushriks. In Mumbai's bohri mohalla, the way abdes go crazy around the Syedna is very well known and laughed at by the Sunnis.