Dubai Fanatics

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Truth Hurts

Dubai Fanatics

Unread post by Truth Hurts » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:27 am

Dear All,

I have taken some time out from work and would like to post some of the few experiences / events that happen in Dubai. I am not sure if you already know them, but I am just listing a few. You can add those I have missed out.

1. 365 Days Jaman, Jaman, Jaman

2. Fakhir Najwa cover distribution on every occassion, if you miss....you can collect it from Jamaat office (A Few stupid Abdes actually go there and collect it!!!). All Abdes should now call themselves as "SABDE Syedna"

3. Few years back, they distributed a "Form" wherein, you have to write all your "Gunha's" so that TUS can grant his forgiveness!!!. This form was issued after a bayan, which goes like this.......There 3 types of Gunhas Type 1 between Allah and Mumineen, Type 2 Between Haq na saheb and Mumin and Type 3 amongst Mumin. So by giving in writing all your Gunhas, they will be done ARZ in TUS's hazrat and he will forgive all Gunhas. And all these Chu***ya abdes filled the form and rushed to deliver their Gunha ka kaccha chittha.

4. This completely shocked me to death and will stun you too..During Sherullah, they asked us to stand up one by one and kiss the Vazarat Saifiya (message from Saify Mahal) received in original to get the barakat.

5. Dadhi -- It was announced few months back in our Mosque, that Janab Aamil will not attend any Darees or for that matter will abandon from such darees if a single person is seen without dadhi. It does not stop here, no Taziyat will be given to the family members of a deceased if anyone from the family is missing the dadhi and there will be boycott by all on giving Taziyat to that family.

6. All programs, whether it is TUS news or Burhani Expo or any presentation or whatever, it is relayed on two big projector screen installed in the mosque, thus converting it into a Cinema Theatre.

7. Wajebaat - During my Ab-days (Abde days), I was once waiting for paying Wajebaat and all of us were called in a room for a short bayan....and ofcourse, it was none other than this crap- "Je Daulat tamara paase che, Ye Saglu konu che tame jaano cho? Ye saglu aa Moula ye tamane aapelu che, To pachi tame ehne pachu appva ma itlu kem socho cho, Em samjho ke aa to moula ni vastu che aney tame ehni rakhwali karo cho, AA saglu maal mola noj che". I was saying to myself, If I asked this jamia ka ustad to name one of his properties to TUS, what would be his reaction....He might kill me!!

8. Noorani Kaleymah.....almost on every occassion urs majalis there is a Noorani Kaleymah audio video recap episode.

9. Raza - utho to Raza, Betho to Raza, Hago-Pado to Raza......everything is with Raza.

10. A latest trend is....distributing TUS and his Fathers pictures in different forms. So everytime TUS goes anywhere, bingo.....a new picture is born.

11. For all occassions....scan your Ejamaat and you may be a lucky winner in one of the draws.. Last time on TUS's birthday it was for Ziyarat of Mumbai Raudat Tahera

There is more pagalpan events but I listed whatever that came to my mind while drafting this post.

Human

Re: Dubai Fanatics

Unread post by Human » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:35 am

^
This is the story of every town, every city my friend.
'Kagda badhej kala hoy'
'Crows are black everywhere'

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:09 am

truth hurts,

its the same story everywhere my friend but with a few minor variations, since everything is now centrally controlled.

although we understand your pain, and i dont want to belittle it, i must say yr post was hilarious.

a time is not far away when they will install interactive cam system in every abde's house too, to record all their activities and make them take raza before doing anything. they will have cam-call centres with operators on standby who will liase with amil/committee members to get you instant raza's and then debit yr account via ejamat card.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:33 am

^
How fast can they get raza, if you have loose motions?

mumin

Unread post by mumin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:18 am

truth hurts: you have some great news. To get the full effect of your work i think it would best serve its purpose if this was translated in gujrati and lisan e dawat i.e. in urdu language and flyers were made and handed out to some of the fanatics . It would reveal to them how ignorant their actions are and may be you can get them thinking in the right direction.

guy_sam2005

Unread post by guy_sam2005 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:19 am

Human wrote:^
'Kagda badhej kala hoy'
in europe crows are white................

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:55 am

^
Ha ha ha,
They must have bought a title called "Shaikh".

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Smart wrote:^
there will be certain exemptions of course... for loose motions, you can attend to your emergency needs first and deposit the raza fee later, or you install a high-tech slow motion cam and have loose motions in slow motion. :mrgreen:

Truth Hurts

Unread post by Truth Hurts » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:38 pm

mumin wrote:truth hurts: you have some great news. To get the full effect of your work i think it would best serve its purpose if this was translated in gujrati and lisan e dawat i.e. in urdu language and flyers were made and handed out to some of the fanatics . It would reveal to them how ignorant their actions are and may be you can get them thinking in the right direction.

I wish I could do that but here the Abdes are so much brainwashed that I am sure no other country / city could compete with them. Here the problem is not the language, it is the sheer ignorance or rather unwillingness of the Abdes to see what is obvious to the masses. I believe out of 100% abdes, 75% are so because of brainwashing (and these belong to rural, less or undereducated category), the other 15% are there just to get monetary benefits, 5% are "khali haji haji karo" crowd, and 5% are undisclosed already converted PDBs. Undisclosed, I say, because of the fear of being boycotted not from Kothar but from the existing Abdes.

Human

Unread post by Human » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:13 pm

guy_sam2005 wrote:
'Kagda badhej kala hoy'
guy_sam,
i just used a 'kehvat'. If you want to take things so literally, then we should get into a science debate on some other science forum. For your sake, when i said crows above, I meant Corvus capensis.

TBG

Unread post by TBG » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:58 pm

i felt a rage that had no boundries when i started reading the list.. it then changed to amusement and by the end i was rolling on the floor with laughter.

this must be translated and shared with everyone .. no matter how brain washed people are .. this will atleast give them one second to pause think .. and at this point i think even thats an achievement .. well done

sometimes people just need to be told .. most of them perhaps will ignore but some actually may get affected positively

Truth Hurts

Unread post by Truth Hurts » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:20 am

Smart wrote:^
In such a case, an Abde will be deputed to your house counting your number of trips, and if it is equivalent to 52 or more, bingo.............you are exempted from the raza, because you reached the glorious number all by ghaybi intervention.

Human

Unread post by Human » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:27 am

^
Reading about the glorious number of 52 above makes me wonder if 53 will become the next glorious number after this dai! Then the salaams would be 253, 553, 753 etc. Pain for the abdes putting coins in the evelopes :lol:

questions

Unread post by questions » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Human : There is only Joker after 52 cards :mrgreen:
Now its upto all of us to stop the sick jokes being played by the kothar on the poor brainwashed abdes.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:17 am

guy_sam2005 wrote:
'Kagda badhej kala hoy'
There are no white crows anywhere in Europe. Check it out on the internet, if you want to.

The only white carrion eaters that I have come across are known as "Corvus abde". However, even for most of them the colour of hair of their facial hair growth is black.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:32 pm

The dubai jamaat is one of the most fanatic one as a lot of attention is paid by the top bosses of kothar i.e. the zaadas, to keep them under their control and almost every month you will find some zaada visiting dubai as the bohras of dubai have in recent years amassed lot of wealth, thanks to the construction boom and petro dollars.

To keep the bohras under control, kothar makes sure that their stomachs are always full which is due to the 365 days jaman as stated by bro.truth hurts and to always keep them busy in various majlis, urus, salgirah occassions etc. The qard e hasanah scheme is most blatantly misused over here because I think this is the only jamat which gives almost 5 times the money on the value of gold pledged with them i.e. if one pledges gold worth 1 lac then he gets qard e hasanah of almost 5 lacs. Needless to say that almost the entire corpus of qard e hasanah is uitilised by the wealthy bohra businessmen who use it as their seed capital. The actual needy bohras who are there doing petty jobs hardly benefit at all. Hence the 'return' which kothar gets from dubai is mind boggling plus the abde population keeps increasing because if one has to avail of these benefits then naturally he should be the one who is regular in all the majlis, urus, fakhir najwa schemes etc plus he has to compulsarily adorn the bohra attire of daadhi, topi and saya.

One of the biggest bakra of dubai are the ramakdawalas who shower tonnes of money on every possible occassion. They follow the dai wherever he goes. Naturally they are the ones with whom the dai has a personal rapport. They were the ones who had recently sponsored the entire flooring of the kufa masjid for which they gave almost 5.5 million dirhams. They had even gifted a customised car to the dai during his recent 'kun' visit to karbala. They are fanatics to the core. Inspite of all this the dai had miserably failed in solving one of their major problems. It so happens that the ramakdawala was blessed only with daughters and he was naturally very keen on having a son. Hence they approached their 'aka moula' who instructed them to go for another child which the 'ilahi ard' assured would definately be a boy. They then went for another child at an advanced age wherein they already had grown up married daughters. Finally the wife delivered a child almost at the same time when her daughter too delivered one. With 'moula's dua', sadly the wife gave birth to one more girl child and not a boy as assured by Burhanuddin saab. So much for the 'mojiza' of this 'mojiza na saheb'. Inspite of this experience they are still the same fanatics as before and nothing has changed. As the saying goes that Allah gives 'tauhfiq' only to the chosen few.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:43 pm

Bewaqoofon ki kami nahin Ghalib
Ek dhoondo hazaar milte hain

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:02 am

Dubai jamaat is one of the best run Jamaats in the whole Bilaad Imaniya. Just few examples which will automatically refute all the claims made by Truth Hurts and Ghulam Mohammed

1) Jamans are not 365 days. but Urs of all the dais and various Moula's in different locations of India and world around are covered. every friday in morning breakfast and in afternoon after salaat, jaman is served to all the people present. around 60-70% of total Bohra's living in Dubai are employed in low paying jobs and for them these jamans are a great boon. as it lets them save substantial amount spent on food.

2) Dubai jamat has launched a very low rent scheme for bachelors where they can live around 4-6 in big studio flats instead of 10-12 on average, which is the general trend. Dubai Jamaat paid 11 years rent to avail this heavy discount for mumineen, average rent is 33k/annum and their are 60 flats. calculate the amount equal to 11 years which is paid in advance just for the benefit of low salaried people.

3) every 3-4 months around 50 people from India are sent to Karbela who are above 60 years of age and can not afford the Ziyarat cost.

4) people who have been in Dubai for more than 2 years and not been to kerbala are sent to Kerbala on very easy Kardan hasana and out of which maximum amount is let go at the end.

5) a counselling for education and other entrepreneurs is continuously held, recent example can be career fare to be organised on 24th of April whose details can be taken from

http://www.fakhriprofessionals.com

6) Ghulam Muhammed has alleged few things for Kardan hasana, to refute his allegations here is the link for schemes run by Dubai jamaat.
http://www.bqh-dubai.org/schemes.aspx

Just give me an example of any other Jamaat who runs anything similar or for that instance if Reformists run some thing of this nature.

7) I dont know if ramakra wala gave any such amount for flooring of Moula Ali(as) masjid but the car GM is talking about was gifted by Humaidi family and not Ramakrawala. and to bring some person's private affair in public is definitely not akhalaq hasana

8 in recently concluded tabudaat amal, all the mohalla's did darees and almost every mohalla sent atleast 3-5 people to Kerbala.

9) all the people who need assistance in any of the house appliances can contact their mohalla secretary and are helped.

10) 99 people were sent to Umrah by jamaat during tabudaat amal. last year it was 98 and before last year 97.

11) Aamil saheb Janab kinana BS is the most easily accessible aamil in the world. he has given his mobile number out and people can any time call him and take his help on any matter, he even returns a call if people just give a miss call. he meets people every day to hear their havaiz and genuinely gets concerned and helps.

12) their is absolutely no pressure put on any one for wajebaat, people earning almost 12-15K in aed can pay 500 aed as wajebaat and he will not say a word,any one from Dubai can vouch for that

their are more things but i think this should suffice the critics at the moment

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:50 am

Aqs
people who have been in Dubai for more than 2 years and not been to kerbala are sent to Kerbala on very easy Kardan hasana and out of which maximum amount is let go at the end.
First of all people should not do any Ziyarats based on Qard-e-Hasanah and can you clarify what are the conditions to get Qard-e-Hasanah (I mean they ask you for guarantees in the form of gold or post dated checks) Qard-e-Hasanah is supposed to be guarantee from Allah and not by worldly rules,
PLEASE DO NOT CALL IT QARD-E-HASANAH (if those conditions are applied), CALL IT INTEREST FREE LOANS let us make clear the difference

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:05 am

omabharti wrote:
Aqs
people who have been in Dubai for more than 2 years and not been to kerbala are sent to Kerbala on very easy Kardan hasana and out of which maximum amount is let go at the end.
First of all people should not do any Ziyarats based on Qard-e-Hasanah and can you clarify what are the conditions to get Qard-e-Hasanah (I mean they ask you for guarantees in the form of gold or post dated checks) Qard-e-Hasanah is supposed to be guarantee from Allah and not by worldly rules,
PLEASE DO NOT CALL IT QARD-E-HASANAH (if those conditions are applied), CALL IT INTEREST FREE LOANS let us make clear the difference
First of all people should not do any Ziyarats based on Qard-e-Hasanah
is this your personnel opinion or is it supported by any hadeeth or ayat
what are the conditions to get Qard-e-Hasanah (I mean they ask you for guarantees in the form of gold or post dated checks)
I have already provided the link and it encompasses all the conditions
Qard-e-Hasanah is supposed to be guarantee from Allah and not by worldly rules,
any one from the Forum with Arabic knowledge can throw some more light on the word qardan hasanah, and then we can see if its wrong to call it by the current name

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:16 am

googal

QARD-AL-HASANAH

and read

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&rlz=1R2GPE ... 68f2eec009

and educate your self

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:02 pm

any one from the Forum with Arabic knowledge can throw some more light on the word qardan hasanah, and then we can see if its wrong to call it by the current name
Like to hear from Porus-Anjami-Hussain_KSA

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:53 pm

Qard e hasanah as per the Quran is a loan where the "loanee" is always Allah. What this simply means that if you give someone a Qard e Hasanah, then you can expect a return back only from Allah and not from the human to whom the Qard e Hasanah was given. If you expect a return back from the individual, then it is not Qard e Hasanah but just a Qard.

If the Kothar is giving the Qard e Hasanah as mentioned in the Quran, and still expecting the individual to pay up, then either they haven't understood the Quran, or, and this is the more likely scenario, they are cheating people in the name of the Quran.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Aqs
What Anjami posted is the most accepted version in Muslim Ummah. As long as you call it interest free loan (Qard) I have no problem and I concur it is a good scheme but once you start using Commands from Allah to suit your need then I have problem like calling Qard as Qard-e-Hasanah. Unlike Bohra system, there is no requirement of post dated checks or gold or some thing of equal value as guarantee, that is NOT qard-e-hasanah just a guaranteed interest free loan.

porus

Unread post by porus » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Qarz-e-hasana is a term employed by the Quran in 4 ayats. These 4 ayats convey identical meaning which I will elaborate upon.

However, I must first say that the term Qarz-e-hasana has been misappropriated to refer to an interest-free loan. The latter is simply Qarz. Its primary intention is to help those who need the money by making them avoid having to borrow on interest. In Islam there can be no other type of Qarz except the interest-free one. This of course is a good thing. And, especially, if an organization is created to distribute the help widely, then use should be made of it. This help is different from Zakaat and Sadaqa, which are not Qarz ( a loan requiring to be repaid) but charity.

I think it is inappropriate to lump salaat zakaat and qarz-e-hasana together as Sayedna has done:

https://www.bqhc.org/index.htm

Coming back to Quran, please study carefully the following ayats on qarz-e-hasana:

2:245, 57:11, 57:18 and 64:17

I am convinced by the explanation given by Muhammad Asad in his translation. Qarz-e-hasana is here equated to supreme sacrifice. That is, giving up life in the cause of Allah. Quran is explicit in the reward awaiting those who offer it. The reward is a promise of paradise. Asad refers to other classical commentators who have contrasted life here with life in the hereafter.

While the ayats were revealed during the period requiring ultimate sacrifice for the defense of Islam, the situation now is that qarz-e-hasana can be equated with shunning the life of temptation and devoting it in obedience of Allah.

So when Qarz-e-hasana is mentioned in the Jamaat context, it has no relationship with the term that is used in the Quran. It is best to think of it as simply a scheme for avoiding interest based borrowing.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:05 am

porus wrote:Qarz-e-hasana is a term employed by the Quran in 4 ayats. These 4 ayats convey identical meaning which I will elaborate upon.

However, I must first say that the term Qarz-e-hasana has been misappropriated to refer to an interest-free loan. The latter is simply Qarz. Its primary intention is to help those who need the money by making them avoid having to borrow on interest. In Islam there can be no other type of Qarz except the interest-free one. This of course is a good thing. And, especially, if an organization is created to distribute the help widely, then use should be made of it. This help is different from Zakaat and Sadaqa, which are not Qarz ( a loan requiring to be repaid) but charity.

I think it is inappropriate to lump salaat zakaat and qarz-e-hasana together as Sayedna has done:

https://www.bqhc.org/index.htm

Coming back to Quran, please study carefully the following ayats on qarz-e-hasana:

2:245, 57:11, 57:18 and 64:17

I am convinced by the explanation given by Muhammad Asad in his translation. Qarz-e-hasana is here equated to supreme sacrifice. That is, giving up life in the cause of Allah. Quran is explicit in the reward awaiting those who offer it. The reward is a promise of paradise. Asad refers to other classical commentators who have contrasted life here with life in the hereafter.

While the ayats were revealed during the period requiring ultimate sacrifice for the defense of Islam, the situation now is that qarz-e-hasana can be equated with shunning the life of temptation and devoting it in obedience of Allah.

So when Qarz-e-hasana is mentioned in the Jamaat context, it has no relationship with the term that is used in the Quran. It is best to think of it as simply a scheme for avoiding interest based borrowing.
@Porus,

002.245 Who is he that will loan to God a beautiful loan, which God will double unto his credit and multiply many times? It is God that giveth (you) Want or Plenty, and to Him shall be your return.

057.011 Who is he that will Loan to God a beautiful loan? for (God) will increase it manifold to his credit, and he will have (besides) a liberal Reward.

057.018 For those who give in Charity, men and women, and loan to God a Beautiful Loan, it shall be increased manifold (to their credit), and they shall have (besides) a liberal reward.

064.017 If ye loan to God, a beautiful loan, He will double it to your (credit), and He will grant you Forgiveness: for God is most Ready to appreciate (service), Most Forbearing,

You have talked about supreme sacrifice, but in todays world sacrificing money and give it as qard to your fellow mumeen is no lesser a sacrifice. So all these ayats do talk about Qardan hasana and its very well covered in word and spirit by the schemes run by Jamaats.

This Ayats should suffice as of now

73:20 (Y. Ali) Thy Lord doth know that thou standest forth (to prayer) nigh two-thirds of the night, or half the night, or a third of the night, and so doth a party of those with thee. But Allah doth appoint night and day in due measure He knoweth that ye are unable to keep count thereof. So He hath turned to you (in mercy); read ye, therefore, of the Qur'an as much as may be easy for you. He knoweth that there may be (some) among you in ill-health; others travelling through the land, seeking of Allah's bounty; yet others fighting in Allah's Cause, read ye, therefore, as much of the Qur'an as may be easy (for you); and establish regular Prayer and give regular Charity; and loan to Allah a beautiful loan. And whatever good ye send forth for your souls ye shall find it in Allah's Presence,- yea, better and greater, in Reward and seek ye the Grace of Allah, for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

even Qardan hasana is used in one more ayat with Salaat and zakaat

5:12 (Y. Ali) Allah did aforetime take a covenant from the Children of Israel, and we appointed twelve captains among them. And Allah said: "I am with you: if ye (but) establish regular prayers, practise regular charity, believe in my apostles, honour and assist them, and loan to Allah a beautiful loan, verily I will wipe out from you your evils, and admit you to gardens with rivers flowing beneath; but if any of you, after this, resisteth faith, he hath truly wandered from the path or rectitude."

porus

Unread post by porus » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:08 am

aqs,

Thank you for your response. I stand corrected on two counts:

1. There are more than 4 ayats mentioning qardan hasana.
2. Quran has instances where qardan hasana is mentioned along with salaat and zakaat. And Sayedna has done that too.

On point 2 above, Sayedna appears to refer to the interest-free loan scheme as Qardan hasana. Asad considers Qardan hasana as supreme sacrifice.

I prefer Asad's interpretation. I do not consider salaat, zakaat and interest-free loans as sacrifices.

That said, I approve of the Jamaat-run interest free loan scheme which they inappropriately label Qard-e-hasana scheme.

guy_sam2005

Unread post by guy_sam2005 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:09 am

Smart wrote:
guy_sam2005 wrote: in europe crows are white................
There are no white crows anywhere in Europe. Check it out on the internet, if you want to.

The only white carrion eaters that I have come across are known as "Corvus abde". However, even for most of them the colour of hair of their facial hair growth is black.
try checking in google images.ulll find many........

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:58 am

Point No. 11 mentioned in brother aqs post regarding the Amil Kinana bhaisaheb S/O Muder Bhai saheb ( Current incharge of Makkah Rubat) is correct. During the Sydna's visit some of my friends from Dubai were staying at Makkah. It was very difficult for Mumineen to know the correct schedules of Syedna saheb. Even peopel of Jeddah and Makkah were unaware of this and no one was there to guide them. However the bohras from Duabi were constantly in touch with Kinana bhai saheb and his mobile was working all the time and he was replying all the quarries without any problem.

Point No. 10 also correct as I came across some bohras of Dubai but I am not sure of the correct numbers.

I appreciate the behaviour of Kinana Bhai saheb and the Dawat need some true leaders Like Kinana Bhai saheb and Abi Ali bhai saheb.

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:27 am

omabharti wrote:
Like to hear from Porus-Anjami-Hussain_KSA
Brother Oma

Brother Anajmi and Porus has already replied the question in the light of Quranic Ayats. I am totally agreed what they have written. In my view it is not correct to call "qarde Hasnah" to the loan which is being provided by syedna saheb's admisitration after keeping some Gold, property or advance cheques as guarantee.