A question to the (so called) intellectual Progessives

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
profastian

A question to the (so called) intellectual Progessives

Unread post by profastian » Fri May 21, 2010 4:43 am

These questions are only directed to those progressives who believe in the Quran and the Prophet (agnostics and atheists, please don't answer)

*Do you guys believe in Jinns? If yes what are Jinns. And if no, what about the references of Jinns in the Quran. What do they refer to?
*Do you guys believe in Jannat? If yes, what is it? Just a very beautiful,everlasting,scenic place? If it is whats the point? I would be bored in a few days in such a jannat. If you dont believe in Jannat, what do the references in the Quran mean?
*Similar question about Jahannam?
*Do you guys believe that Prophet Suleiman(AS) actually cut the hooves of his horses as mentioned in the Quran. Wasn't that too brutal an act. And as you guys are so concerned about cruelty to animals(hence your posts about the hunting trips of Syedna), what do you have to say about Prophet Suleiman(AS). If you don't believe what is actually written in the Quran, then what does the Quran actually mean?
*Do you believe that Yunus was swallowed by the fish and lived in its stomach?
*Whats the point of mentioning so many times the beauty of Yousuf in the Quran?
*Whats the point of all the Qasas-ul-Inbaya anyway?

incredible

Re: A question to the (so called) intellectual Progessives

Unread post by incredible » Fri May 21, 2010 7:28 am

profastian wrote:These questions are only directed to those progressives who believe in the Quran and the Prophet (agnostics and atheists, please don't answer)

*Do you guys believe in Jinns? If yes what are Jinns. And if no, what about the references of Jinns in the Quran. What do they refer to?
*Do you guys believe in Jannat? If yes, what is it? Just a very beautiful,everlasting,scenic place? If it is whats the point? I would be bored in a few days in such a jannat. If you dont believe in Jannat, what do the references in the Quran mean?
*Do you guys believe that Prophet Suleiman(AS) actually cut the hooves of his horses as mentioned in the Quran. Wasn't that too brutal an act. And as you guys are so concerned about cruelty to animals(hence your posts about the hunting trips of Syedna), what do you have to say about Prophet Suleiman(AS). If you don't believe what is actually written in the Quran, then what does the Quran actually mean?

good questions,i dont see any progressive responded yet.

rania

Unread post by rania » Fri May 21, 2010 7:40 am

incredible wrote:
profastian wrote:These questions are only directed to those progressives who believe in the Quran and the Prophet (agnostics and atheists, please don't answer)

good questions,i dont see any progressive responded yet.
There are ' Progressive Bohras ' on this forum ? :shock:

I am yet to interact with a ' progressive bohra ' if I am being honest ! 8)

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri May 21, 2010 7:52 am

should one take the questions from a regressive, supported by bigger and more idiotic and ignorant regressives, seriously?

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Fri May 21, 2010 8:22 am

Why don't the regressives put up their version of the answers to these questions before they ask others? On the other hand when you ask questions to them their standard response is either
1. Gaali galoch and name calling. or
2. Go to the sabaks.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Fri May 21, 2010 8:36 am

Smart wrote:Why don't the regressives put up their version of the answers to these questions before they ask others? On the other hand when you ask questions to them their standard response is either
2. Go to the sabaks.
Well this is the answer to all my questions. Throwing back the questions at me. And when i reply you guys never answer back. The reason, ignorance.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Fri May 21, 2010 8:46 am

^Thanks for proving me right. Your post proves that you cannot resist name calling. Calling us ignoramuses does not make you knowledgeable. We already know the level of your math knowledge. Thanks again.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Fri May 21, 2010 8:47 am

Smart wrote:^Thanks for proving me right. Your post proves that you cannot resist name calling. Calling us ignoramuses does not make you knowledgeable. We already know the level of your math knowledge. Thanks again.
Again no real answer. Just more crying out. The one who shouts the more is the most ignorant.

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Fri May 21, 2010 10:54 am

I am still waiting for some intellectual answers from prog side.

where are those so called reformist scholars?

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue May 25, 2010 3:03 am

Smart wrote:Why don't the regressives put up their version of the answers to these questions before they ask others? On the other hand when you ask questions to them their standard response is either
2. Go to the sabaks.
Nice tactic Smart. Your "Phata huwa dhol" continues. When in doubt, just dish out this kind of post.

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Tue May 25, 2010 7:40 am

still waiting for answers :roll:

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue May 25, 2010 8:18 am

Not all progressives on this board are believers in Allah and his message. I am, so I will take a shot at your questions

Yes

*Do you guys believe in Jannat? If yes, what is it? Just a very beautiful,everlasting,scenic place? If it is whats the point? I would be bored in a few days in such a jannat. If you dont believe in Jannat, what do the
references in the Quran mean?

Yes. It is a beautiful everlasting scenic place. If you get bored in a few days, we will throw you in hell.

Similar answer.

Can you please reference the ayah of the Quran?

Is that what the Quran says? If it does, then yes I believe it.

Because he was very beautiful.

To teach us lessons.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue May 25, 2010 8:32 am

anajmi wrote: Can you please reference the ayah of the Quran?
"And lo! Yunus verily was of those sent ( to warn). When he fled into the ladenship, then drew lots and was of those rejected, the fish swallowed him while he was blameworthy, and had he not been one of those who glorify Allah, he would have tarried in its belly till the Day of Resurrection, then We cast him on a desert shore while he was sick and We caused a tree of gourd to grow above him, and We sent him to a hundred thousand (folk) or more. And they believed, therefore We gave him comfort for a while." (27: 139-i18)

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue May 25, 2010 8:35 am

anajmi wrote: Can you please reference the ayah of the Quran?
So do you believe in these literally. Or do you think they have some hidden meaning or are analogies to something else?

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue May 25, 2010 8:38 am

anajmi wrote: *Whats the point of all the Qasas-ul-Inbaya anyway?

To teach us lessons.
What lessons do they teach exactly?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue May 25, 2010 9:15 am

profastian,

I wanted a reference to this in the Quran
A lot of ayahs in the Quran are analogies and a lot have hidden meanings. If you know the hidden meaning, please share them with us.
What lessons do they teach exactly?
Lot of lessons like humility, justice, obedience, temptations etc.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue May 25, 2010 9:21 am

anajmi wrote:profastian,
A lot of ayahs in the Quran are analogies and a lot have hidden meanings. If you know the hidden meaning, please share them with us.
The hidden meanings that i would share would be the ones given by the Syedna. and as you guys believe that Syedna does not have knowledge of the hidden meanings in the Quran or the knowledge he possess are just fairytales to narrate to the
"gullible" adbes, so sharing them is irrelevant. I want your interpretations of the hidden meanings. And also please indicate your source too.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue May 25, 2010 9:23 am

profastian,

First, you show me yours and then I will show you mine. I don't care who gave them to you. Also, please provide the reference from the Quran about prophet Suleiman (as) cutting the hooves of his horse.

guy_sam2005

Unread post by guy_sam2005 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:10 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:should one take the questions from a regressive, supported by bigger and more idiotic and ignorant regressives, seriously?
no...nooone takes u seriously...................

guy_sam2005

Unread post by guy_sam2005 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:14 am

2. Go to the sabaks.
dude,why do u keep sayin gaali galoch..is ur cd struck too like az.........
most pf our guys here u can say 99% dont use abusive language whereas 75% of ur guys do...so who should u be preaching this gaali galoch lessons to?
can u post my 1 post where i have used gaali,or in that case aqs

guy_sam2005

Unread post by guy_sam2005 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:15 am

Smart wrote:^Thanks for proving me right. Your post proves that you cannot resist name calling. Calling us ignoramuses does not make you knowledgeable. We already know the level of your math knowledge. Thanks again.
az and najmi always calls others ignorant's.so does this apply to them too??????

guy_sam2005

Unread post by guy_sam2005 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:20 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:should one take the questions from a regressive, supported by bigger and more idiotic and ignorant regressives, seriously?
smart,
dont u find abusive language here..howcome no lecture for az,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,u take ur taawil sabaq,s from his is it....

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu May 27, 2010 11:17 am

profastian,

What happened my friend? I asked you something and you never responded. Atleast be man enough to say that you won't respond instead of just running. Here is what I asked.

Please provide the reference from the Quran about prophet Suleiman (as) cutting the hooves of his horse.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Thu May 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Profastian, anajmi has fittingly answered your questions. Just want to add that the progressive who believe in the Quran and the Prophet do not question - like the rest of the muslim ummah - anything prescribed by the Quran and the Prophet. Progressives do not have issues religion - Islam or the Isamili tradition. Our problem is with the current administration that has hijacked the Dawat.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Fri May 28, 2010 3:00 am

anajmi wrote:profastian,

What happened my friend? I asked you something and you never responded. Atleast be man enough to say that you won't respond instead of just running. Here is what I asked.

Please provide the reference from the Quran about prophet Suleiman (as) cutting the hooves of his horse.
Yeah anajmi. I made a mistake in that question. Cutting the legs is actually an interpretation not a translation. So sorry for that.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri May 28, 2010 1:24 pm

profastian,

An interpretation of which ayah of the Quran?

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Fri May 28, 2010 2:27 pm

Good answer Hamsafar. There is no problem with religion or its meaning, no one on this board question the authenticiy of religion. whatever it is it is, what is wrong in changing the administration for less corruption, more humane and honest. What is wrong in getting rid of ostentatious life style of so few at the cost of so many.
lastly on one is all knowing except god.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri May 28, 2010 3:51 pm

no one on this board question the authenticiy of religion
Seriously? What have you been reading? I can post a dozen posts from you questioning the authenticity of the Quran being from God. Let us atleast base reform on honesty. Otherwise we will end up with another Syedna who will be no better than the one that we have today.

rania

Unread post by rania » Fri May 28, 2010 4:12 pm

anajmi wrote:
no one on this board question the authenticiy of religion
Seriously? What have you been reading? I can post a dozen posts from you questioning the authenticity of the Quran being from God. Let us atleast base reform on honesty. Otherwise we will end up with another Syedna who will be no better than the one that we have today.
It is so cute seeing you try to fit in here by using ' us ' :mrgreen:

Quite rich coming from you talking about the virtues of ' Honesty ' .Pot calling Kettle ! Pot calling Kettle ! :lol:

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri May 28, 2010 4:51 pm

I think you should respond only in smileys. That way you will probably make ten times more sense than you do now. :mrgreen: