Are Ismaili cults based on Prosperity Theology

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Smart

Are Ismaili cults based on Prosperity Theology

Unread post by Smart » Sun May 30, 2010 8:17 am

The two major cults of Ismailism, Aga Khanis and Dawoodi Bohras have been both promoting the concept of extracting as much finance from their followers as possible, promising them prosperity in return. Let us look at the standard characteristics of such cults based on prosperity theology, in addition to paradise after their death.
1. Promotion of the thought that God provides especially those he favours.
2. The believers are encouraged to 'seed' this prosperity by giving till it hurts.
3. It is based on a charismatic personality, the focus being the person rather than the ideology / beliefs.
4. Convenient passages and references are cited from reference books for this extraction.
5. The cults are usually good at collecting money and are well known for lack of transparency. Rather, this opacity is promoted as a part of the beliefs, based on personality.

Check out the Christian Prosperity Theology cults here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosperity_theology

Muslim First

Re: Are Ismaili cults based on Prosperity Theology

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun May 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Br. smrt

can post this one also on Ismaili site. See what is feedback there.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sun May 30, 2010 10:28 pm

Smart: intresting points. cults are usually formed like this. Posperity here and hereafter is their main target. cutls breed on fear, greed and hollowness of mind and spirit.
it is very resistent to independence and independent approach. It evloles around personalities, creates personality larger than life. Usually cultish leaders are in self delusion, they themselves believe in their godliness, or god chosen. This self delusory practice grows strong as time passes.

zak

Unread post by zak » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:52 am

accountability wrote:Smart: intresting points. cults are usually formed like this. Posperity here and hereafter is their main target. cutls breed on fear, greed and hollowness of mind and spirit.
it is very resistent to independence and independent approach. It evloles around personalities, creates personality larger than life. Usually cultish leaders are in self delusion, they themselves believe in their godliness, or god chosen. This self delusory practice grows strong as time passes.
BASED ON THIS definition of Cult ... are the Bohras cultists or muslims ?

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:28 am

What do you think ?

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:34 am

By the way in my opinion almost all religions behave in somewhat cultish manner. Take Islam for example, You can opt in but not opt out. Christianity also evolves around Jesus's godliness. If you dont believe Jesus is God ( according to catholicism) than you are a non believer, and they make you pariah.
Having said that main stream religions do not fit fully in the definition of cult. because they are inclusive, on the contrary cults are very exclusive.

zak

Unread post by zak » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:04 pm

accountability wrote:What do you think ?
i am asking the question if Bohras are just cultists or a legitimate sect of Islam ?

zak

Unread post by zak » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Re: some gems, garnered from the treasure chest of the syedn
by Safiuddin on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:11 pm

The pictures from the Burhanuddin Birthday Tehniyat Araz Bash were alternatively, hysterically funny and point blank shocking. He's been seated upon a throne, and the looks on his face look like hatred. They gave him a wooden life sized horse. . .where is he going to use that? Bags of comforters. ..because he doesn't even have a blanket, right?

Sharbat Rasam: Looks Hindu to me
Wadhawaanu Rasam: sounds like puja to me, in fact - there was even what looked like a small mandir. . .hA Ha. .. . .perfect for the puja of your Bhagwaan.
Daawat e Haadiyah: translation: Our corporation

So what ARE they going to do with all of those things? Their families will take what they want, but what happens to the rest?
And the pictures from the "Bilaad Imaaniyah" show them lighting up the masjids that they didn't for Nabi Muhammad's birthday. Yep. It sounds like Burhanuddin Puja.
Poor dazed people. . .most of them look either enthralled to be near him or terrified.

ABOVE IS COPY/PASTED FROM THIS FORUM

Cultish or not ?

zak

Unread post by zak » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:24 pm

on thia forum ,in a post titlesd : adbes- what happens in a bohri mosque , we are discussing pictures in masjid.
ARE there pictures of mortals in a mosque where muslims offer prayers to one and only Almighty Allah ?

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:34 pm

Cultish for sure..

The khotar's agenda is : Dawoodi Bohras must, as individuals, be reduced to:

a) slaves, trusting, servile, and dependent..
b) wimps, powerless, disorganized and fearful..
c) dupes, slow-witted, gullible, and ignorant..
d) creeps, isolated, selfish, and aggressive..

ABOVE IS COPY/PASTED FROM A BOOK

zak

Unread post by zak » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:48 pm

BooM wrote:Cultish for sure..

The khotar's agenda is : Dawoodi Bohras must, as individuals, be reduced to:

a) slaves, trusting, servile, and dependent..
b) wimps, powerless, disorganized and fearful..
c) dupes, slow-witted, gullible, and ignorant..
d) creeps, isolated, selfish, and aggressive..

ABOVE IS COPY/PASTED FROM A BOOK
Thank you for responding . Now i dont know wether you are a bohra or you are slandering or are just quoting from a book..[please provide reference of book quoted from..thank you]

However my question was, as stated above :

Are there pictures of mortal leaders in mosque where muslims PRAY to one and only almighty ALLAH??

Lets discuss facts first ..then opinions can follow . Please brothers. thank you .

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:29 pm

zak

Thank you for responding . Now i dont know wether you are a bohra or you are slandering or are just quoting from a book..[please provide reference of book quoted from..thank you] It is my opinion about the Khotar's agenda and only the 4 points from "A to D" were copy/pasted.. I'm sorry, I can't give you the reference of the book..

However my question was, as stated above :

Are there pictures of mortal leaders in mosque where muslims PRAY to one and only almighty ALLAH?? I personal have never seen Syedna Saab's picture hanging in the Mosque & never seen abde's praying towards his photo..

Lets discuss facts first ..then opinions can follow . Please brothers. thank you.. Your welcome :wink:

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:49 pm

I have not seen any picture in any of our masjid. There are no pictures of any mortal being in any bohra mosque.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:11 pm

^ The pictures were published in Malumaat website. Their link has been posted on the forum here. Please check out.

The fact is is that the Abdes are a cult. The only fine distinction that I was looking for is whether this cult is based exclusively on the personality, or prosperity, or a combination of these concepts, which here reinforce each other. Please see this thread for the characteristics of a cult

http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... hilit=cult

zak

Unread post by zak » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:42 am

Accountability says no pictures in bohra mosque.
Others say otherwise ..... who is right ?
Cant bohras on a public forum even answer a simple question ?
DO YOU BOHRA's have pictures of mortal leaders in a mosque where you pray ?
or will i have to go myself to a bohra mosque to check it out myself.?

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:12 am

There are hundreds of Dawoodi Mosque's world over & the place's I have visited, can't say i have noticed any pictures hanging in side..

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:14 am

Zak
Good idea why don't you do that.

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:41 am

zak wrote:Accountability says no pictures in bohra mosque.
Others say otherwise ..... who is right ?
Cant bohras on a public forum even answer a simple question ?
DO YOU BOHRA's have pictures of mortal leaders in a mosque where you pray ?

not just bohras but no muslim sect hangs any human picture in mosque.

zak

Unread post by zak » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:41 am

If there are no such picture , why are some bohras claiming there are ? see the post/thread on " what happens in a bohri mosque" .are above comments true or convinient ?

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:47 am

zak wrote:If there are no such picture , why are some bohras claiming there are ? see the post/thread on " what happens in a bohri mosque" .are above comments true or convinient ?
bring your brain with you next time u sign in any islamic forum.masalam

zak

Unread post by zak » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:50 am

is being rude islamic ? i have a brain and maybe asking a simple yet very important question .
If you cant answer or chose not to , thats ok . ne need to be rude and unislamic . Allah knows best .

zak

Unread post by zak » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:32 am

Re: recent fraud in misissauga jamaat? money's transferred
by Safiuddin on Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:33 am

n not only us any non bohra would have said that they r not even muslim
Slave of Syedna,

If being Muslim to you and your moula means everyone dressed in the same white to give an illusion of piety and purity, then one has to question what you have become.

If being Muslim to your moula means dispensing of all individuality and free thinking, then your moula has indeed left you in the dark.

Being a decent human being, let alone one identified with any religion, has nothing to do with taking poor people's money for one's own luxurious and rich lifestyle. This man that you worship just recently said in vaaez that he is the malik of all wealth and dolat.

If being a Muslim to you means dressing up to make an impression, you have certainly not a clue about what Islam stands for. The fact that you judged people you probably never met- based on a photograph - shows clearly what type of shallow and base teachings your moula is telling you.

He has you believing that he is always in a state of purity and holiness, so much so, that he won't deign to touch your hand without a namaazi rumaal in between. But he'll dispense with that in a second when meeting a powerful head of state - he'll even sit in a chair without a 'namaazi' kapru underneath. Why he'll even kiss the cheeks of others in the traditional Arab greeting.

But you're beneath his contempt. he won't let you touch his hand - unless of course, it's holding an envelope. And your money - is not beneath him -and he and his family will happily take it from you.

Bohri womem pray namaaz with pictures of Burhanuddin on their masallaa. You kiss his picture, feet, hands and knees. He even deigns to demand a sajdaa in front of him! You worship him. He demands you to pray namaaz to HIM!
And you believe that reformists are not Muslim?

The beautiful and poignant rasams of wadhaawanu and sharbat have been corrupted by your master into tamaashas to make more money. Your Bhagwaan borrows rasams from other religions and cultures, yet he insists that you all wear the same kinds of clothes?

He calls himself the haqeeqee qibla. (the true qibla) He and his family call him God on Earth.
Maybe you could go and ask him to how many humans Allah allows a sajdaa? Or better yet, ask him how many times did Moula Ali ask for a sajdaa to him?

And you believe that reformists are not Muslim? And reformists are hypocrites?

It is you, "dear" who have lost the identity of Islam. One wonders whether you are Muslim. Your Bhagwaan has indeed enslaved you. He's even convinced you to name yourself that. Your Bhagwaan has convinced you that without him you are nothing. He's used your deep-seated insecurity and low self esteem to manipulate you. He's made you believe that he is God on Earth. Incidentally, the Egyptian pharoahs claimed that they were gods on earth.
(The remains of such gods can be safely viewed in the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, Cairo)

When Panjataan walked the earth, they didn't insist upon processions of elephants, and musicians, and pomp and circumstance. Amir Al-Mumineen wore rags and ate simple food. your bhagwaan and his family eat lavish feasts and wears clothes embroidered in gold thread.

Tell me, did Husain Imam ever insist that his head should be higher than everyone else? All the time?
Or did Fatema Zehra ever ask to be buried in a mausoleum of marble?

Next time you consider pujaa to your moula, think about what being Muslim means.

Before you take the step of accusing people you've probably never met of being something - take a good look at the mirror. see someone you know?Safiuddin

Private messageTop
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report this postReply with quoteRe: recent fraud in misissauga jamaat? money's transferred
by abde sayedna on Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:28 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

agakhani

Unread post by agakhani » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:45 pm

Answer is No,
If you consider Ismaili religion as a cult then Bohra religion also consider cult, do not forget that Bohra was with Ismaili sect untill 18th Imam Mustanhiribillah
By the way give us some solid evidence why you and anybody else in this forum think Ismaili religion is cult and Bohra religion is not since boht sect are very common in lot of things? do you know the meaning of cult?

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:14 am

^
@Agakhani,
Can you read buddy? If you can, you will see that the first post mentions both Khojas and Bohras as cults based on Prosperity Theology. Fighting with imaginary demons makes you a Don Quixote.

zak

Unread post by zak » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:41 pm

Smart wrote:^
@Agakhani,
Can you read buddy? If you can, you will see that the first post mentions both Khojas and Bohras as cults based on Prosperity Theology. Fighting with imaginary demons makes you a Don Quixote.
arent IMAM less , Dai worshipper a cult and a mega $$$$ bu$ine$$ ???