Negligence took the life of Mumin

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Hussain_KSA

Negligence took the life of Mumin

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:51 am

Subject: ‘AWARENESS’

My name is Ahmed Jariwala, and would like to bring to your attention the unjustified, undignified and painful death that my brother, Huzaifa (29 years) suffered at Hasanpir Dargah due to the lack of proper procedures in place. Below is a brief account of his last few hours.

On the night of 7th June, Huzaifa reached Hasanpir Dargah to spend the night and then was planning to leave the next day for Ahmedabad to attend the Urs majlis of Qutbuddin Shaheed. His reason for being there was that he became a father of a baby girl only 11 days ago, and wanted to go do shukar ziyarat at Galiakot, Hasanpir and Ahmedabad. He opted to stay in the hall which was next to the roza Mubarak.

· 1:30 am: He felt something slide past his body and saw a small snake just slide past him. He was not sure whether it had bit him but managed to throw it out with a broom. He immediately called us at home and told us what had happened.

· 2:30 am: He called us and said that he was feeling weak, we advised him to wake the people around him (2 people were sleeping in the room as well), but no one responded. He then went to the watchman who refused to ‘disturb’ the mulla sahib. After This, He decided to leave that hall and moved to the new one which is above the FAIZ. As we were in continuous conversation on phone, we knew on what he was going thru.

· With out knowing the fact, an antibiotic was provided with the hand of security guard and told “ Ane kehjo Aa lai lo thik thai jase (Eat this and you will be alright)” – Clear point of negligence.

· 3:30 am: He called us, and was hardly able to speak. I had left Pune wanting to reach Hasanpir ASAP. My mama had also left from Gondal which was several hours away. My mother advised him to drink some water, or taste khake-shifa. His reply was “Every body is sleeping there is no one who is awake.”

· 3:30 am to 4:30 am: We constantly called the Hasanpir dargah office, we called the mobile number of the mulla sahib, but no one picked up or responded.

· 4:30 am: He called my mama, his last phone call ever – “MAMA TAME KYA CHO TAME JALDI AVO MANE TAMAREE JAROORAT CHHE” (Mama, where are you, I desperately need you…).Meanwhile one mumena woke up on seeing Huzaifa she immediately went to her husband and told the situation.

· 5:00 am: I called Huzaifa and found that someone else picked the phone and were taking him to the nearby medical centers for help, in their own car. Over the next hour or so, they went to two places, which refused to admit him.

· 6:20 am: I got a call that my brother, had passed away.

The pathetic sequence of events had not stopped. After this, the aim was to give him a dignified burial, without hurting his body more. We were told by Hasanpir officials that Huzaifa cannot be buried there, and you have to take him ‘elsewhere.’ They said that the mulla sahib, who was there HAD to go to Ahmedabad in the afternoon for the Urs majlis and he CAN NOT wait to bury him. Apparently the majlis was more important. They suggested to take him some place few kms away. My father did not want to bury my brother anywhere, and we went to the Pune Amilsaheb Abdeali Bhai Saheb. He called Shz. Huzefabhai Saheb who then called Hasanpir. After they received this call, they arranged everything for us. They arranged to bury him at Hasanpir itself, they also did arz in hazrat of Maula Burhanuddin (TUS) for dua, and gave a galef of Hasanpir maula to cover his fresh kabr.

We were not able to reach Hasanpir before his burial. My mama from gondal reached there, and then my kaka from Junagadh reached there by evening. Looking at the body, which was green, and swelling in the kafan, they decided that huzaifa could not be kept anymore and had to be buried. I reached Hasanpir by 12pm in the night (as I had travelled till Mumbai when I got the news) and my parents and his wife, 11 day old daughter reached by 2:30 am the next morning. 25 hours after the snake had bit him.

My reason for writing this letter is not to complain. I have accepted that my brother is dead. I have accepted that his 11 month old marriage is over. I have accepted that his daughter of 11 days will never know her father. I have accepted that I have to struggle to provide the basic necessities to my family. I have accepted that I am the only person to support my parents, my bhabhi, my neice, my wife and my unborn child.

But, I cannot help in questioning the total lack of vigilance and activeness of people who run these dargahs? We are a community who boasts 100% literacy rates, and yet there were no emergency procedures at the dargah. Throughout the dargah, there was no emergency system, medical, fire or anything. Gujarat has an emergency medical ambulance system (call 108). But no one in the dargah was aware of it. If there was a proper procedure, my brother would be alive and playing with his daughter now. When I reached the hall where the fatal incident had taken place it smelled so badly, I could hardly stand there. It is worth noting that many of our dargahs are at isolated places: Burhanpur, Hasanpir, Galiakot etc. What I ask is that can such an incident take place with any of us mumeens.

Also, why only after Shz Huzaifa Bhaisaheb intervened did the dargah officials agree to bury my brother there. If we would not have been able to apply his ‘influence’, there might be more paragraphs of grief in this letter.

I would again like to strongly mention that my aim is not to create any controversy or bitterness, I only pray and request that the concerned authorities take note of everything and make improvisations in every such remote place. This email has been written with just one objective - ‘AWARENESS’

My aim is that what happened to my brother should not happen to any other mumeen in the future.

wassalam

Ahmed jariwala

Mubarak

Re: Negligence took the life of Mumin

Unread post by Mubarak » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:10 am

Inna lillahe va inna ilyhe rajeoon.

May Almighty bless Huzaifa Jariwala and family.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:31 am

i am sorry to hear about your brother's sudden and untimely death. May Allah rest him in peace.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:08 pm

Inna lillahe va inna ilyhe rajeoon

No words can suffice the loss of your beloved brother, May Allah give you and your family strength to bear the loss of your loved one.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:10 pm

Inna Lillah hay waa inna ilehi Rajeun
I hope and pray that Bohras who go for ziyarat also take some responsibilities like calling 108 directly on his phone when Aamil and other KHIDMATGUZARS were sleeping and not in the KHIDMAT.
If this would have happened in Western Countries, I guarantee that Aamil would have been found culpable for homicide but again our gullible Abdes would defend and say that the departed person had such a nice luck that he died after performing the Ziyarat and died in Dargah and his place in Jannah is guaranteed SUCH A PATHETIC THINKING.
May Allah give him place in Jannah and give Sabr to his family.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:19 pm

deleted

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:40 pm

inna lillah wainna.....

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:36 pm

I'm really very sorry for your loss.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:26 am

Very sorry and sad incident though nothing new for Bohras. Burial and Nikah are civil activities and as such they must be carried out without religious interfrence.

mumin

Unread post by mumin » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:39 pm

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BROTHER. MAY THE SOUL REST IN PEACE. i AM SURPRIZED. WE ARE TOLD THAT THERE ARE AIR CONDITIONED NICE LIVING QUARTERS FOR ALL MUSAFIR MUMINEEN THAT COME TO OUR DURGAHS FOR ZIARAT.

guy_sam2005

Unread post by guy_sam2005 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:27 am

bhai hussain ksa,
is it bout ur brother?

Saeed al Khair

Holy cobra biting Bohra commnity

Unread post by Saeed al Khair » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:02 am

Like above mentioned tragic case,
a holy cobra is biting Dawoodi Bohra community;
due to its sweet venom the entire community is turning brain dead force

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:44 am

guy_sam2005 wrote:bhai hussain ksa,
is it bout ur brother?

Brother Guy_sam2005

All the mumins are brothers.

bensaheba

Unread post by bensaheba » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:29 pm

AsSalaam o Alaikum All:

This is my first posting as I have been very effected by this tragic news, but I have been coming to this forum and just reading what everyone else has to say. It is taking a lot of courage on my part to expose myself because I have seen how sister Rania and sister Charmingrose have been treated by the males on this forum. However, I am different in putting my trust in Dawoodi Bohra religion aka Dawat-e-Hadiyah corporation sole in disguise. Registered as a non-profit, charitable, religious organization. But the sole purpose of its existance is to make infinite % of profit. Any income against zero investment will indeed provide infinite % of profit. Dawat-e-Hadiyah's whole income is from it's followers. But when you ask them any details of it, their reply is ," none of your business, it is Dawat money". but they will not even tell us where this money came from. With this money they bribe the politicians of all colors, police, and embassy staffs under the guise of donations for their causes which everyone knows where that money ends up. The way I feel for the little people and against the corporation you might call me a renegade bensaheba, but I think I have had enough of the holy shenanigans played by the the shehzadas and their cronies all around the world under the white garbs with long flowing beards and somber looks on their faces. Their deeds remind me of,"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Steven Weinberg,".
This tragic death of a young man in Hasan feer saheb was so tragic for me that I flipped. They charge room prices at Rs 350 - Rs 750 which is like a very good hotel and then provide no night clerk at the front desk.
The managers appointed at these mazars are very cruel,corrupted,and greedy and heartless, a perfect example is Shk. Aun Ali of Burhanpur dargah and all of them are his mirror images. I wish they will revert back to the olden days when rooms were provided free even if they were with bare minimum amenities. But then how will corporation make any money.

I also offer my condolences to the family and his widow, and may Allah rest his soul in peace.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:38 pm

Welcome to the forum bensaheba,

Please do not apply the yardstick of rania to others or to yourself. rania was more than capable of defending herself. As per her own words, she was ten times more capable than any of us. And please do not be afraid of abuse on this forum. It is part and parcel of cyber life. Everyone of us over here who discussed with rania got abused by her in the same token. We are still here.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:14 pm

This is an extermely tragic incident. My heart goes out for the 11 days old child who has lost her father. May Allah rest his soul in peace.
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon

I am surprised that our community has deteriorated to this extent where people are not willing to help a dying man and majlis is considered more important than buriel. Also, the Aamil who turned a blind eye to this incident must be a stone hearted person without any concience or humanity. I only pray that supporters of these tyrants atleast learn something out of such incidents and spread on the awareness to other blind slaves who still beleive that they are living in heaven.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Thanks Husain bhai for posting this incident. This is what every reformists hearted person should try and do. Post such real incidents that will act as eye openers for the other side of the divide.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:54 pm

Welcome Bensaheba
People on this forum do not usually abuse each other unless some one starts it. We have Aqs and Guy Sam still with us even though they are from the other side of divide but both of them have engaged themselves in very civilized debate defending their views and refuting points raised by progressives. At least both of them agreed that there is corruption at Jamaat level and with some of the Aamils but are still not ready to put "BUCK STOPS HERE" theory at the top level.
As for as your Dawat-e-Hadiyah USA, most of the top echelon of Dawat-e-Hadiyah is concerned,they contributed US $250,000 to George W Bush re-election campaign. Turab BS Zakiuddin and his family (four of them)contributed 10,000 and other top shaikhs and their family members were each asked to contribute 2500.00(maximum allowed by US Law) I have the list.( you can google under campaign contribution on internet)
We are being told not to take Riba or give Riba but if you can get copy of "TIMES OF INDIA, FRIDAY, DECEMBER 18, 1992"
on page 10, you can see full page advertisement of Bombay Paints Limited offering 15% fixed Deposit Scheme (RIBA by definition) and one of the director who is listed with his home address is Shri Y.A.Ezzuddin, Vice Chairman address of Saify Mahal,Powai Road, Bombay.

So you see Bensaheba, it is 'DO WHAT WE TELL YOU, NOT WHAT WE DO" mentality on Kothar
In any case welcome on board and please do share with us of your dealings with Kothar and their related members.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:29 am

@All

A humble request

can we all leave the thread for people to offer there condolences to bereaved family only.

If some one wants to raise any issue open a new thread

ANA BOHRI

Unread post by ANA BOHRI » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:01 am

Inna lillahe va inna ilyhe rajeoon.

My sincere request of Sabar to Brother Ahmed….I am speechless and shocked with the incident…..

Brother Aqs

I think there is nothing wrong in discussing the matter in this thread only because the very purpose of posting this article by bro Husain is to let people know about the negligence and rudeness of the Mullas and caretaker of durgah.

ANA BOHRI

Unread post by ANA BOHRI » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:05 am

Brother Husain

Could you pls tell me where did Bro Ahmed post this article and what response did he get?Did any one from Durgah take responsbility of this death or Did they promise abt better arrangement in future?

Thanks

guy_sam2005

Unread post by guy_sam2005 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:29 am

Hussain_KSA wrote:
guy_sam2005 wrote:bhai hussain ksa,
is it bout ur brother?

Brother Guy_sam2005

i actually asked a factual question not philosophical........

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:25 am

guy_sam2005 wrote:
Hussain_KSA wrote:
Brother Guy_sam2005

i actually asked a factual question not philosophical........

Brother Guy_Sam2005

Hozefa was not my real brother. I was the among the firsts few recievers of email from his brother Ahmed. The guy has gone and only thing we can do to condole his family. I hope you will join others in condolence to his relatives. I hope this will bring some sense of responsibity the administration of durgha.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:43 pm

This is really tragic. Hope the authorities will learn something from this and get their act together.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:01 am

Expecting any condolence to the suffering family from Daiz-Zaman is expecting the sun to rise from West.
But still I believe, as things are not in his control, if any condolence massage comes from his side some indirect impact will be there on wrongdoers.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Humsafar wrote:This is really tragic. Hope the authorities will learn something from this and get their act together.
We all hope for the same but as always it is only a "Wishful thinking", kothar will never mend its ways.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Whenever there is a tragedy and the common bohras are agitated, then usually a miracle / mojiza follows. The spin masters in kothar are ready with a few new ones. The moment they feels things are going out of hand out pops a new mojiza. Apology or correction of behaviour is out of question.

The next mojiza is soon due.

trvoice

Unread post by trvoice » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:16 pm

omabharti wrote:Welcome Bensaheba
People on this forum do not usually abuse each other unless some one starts it. We have Aqs and Guy Sam still with us even though they are from the other side of divide but both of them have engaged themselves in very civilized debate defending their views and refuting points raised by progressives. At least both of them agreed that there is corruption at Jamaat level and with some of the Aamils but are still not ready to put "BUCK STOPS HERE" theory at the top level.
As for as your Dawat-e-Hadiyah USA, most of the top echelon of Dawat-e-Hadiyah is concerned,they contributed US $250,000 to George W Bush re-election campaign. Turab BS Zakiuddin and his family (four of them)contributed 10,000 and other top shaikhs and their family members were each asked to contribute 2500.00(maximum allowed by US Law) I have the list.( you can google under campaign contribution on internet)
We are being told not to take Riba or give Riba but if you can get copy of "TIMES OF INDIA, FRIDAY, DECEMBER 18, 1992"
on page 10, you can see full page advertisement of Bombay Paints Limited offering 15% fixed Deposit Scheme (RIBA by definition) and one of the director who is listed with his home address is Shri Y.A.Ezzuddin, Vice Chairman address of Saify Mahal,Powai Road, Bombay.

So you see Bensaheba, it is 'DO WHAT WE TELL YOU, NOT WHAT WE DO" mentality on Kothar
In any case welcome on board and please do share with us of your dealings with Kothar and their related members.

Who's Y A Ezzuddin ??

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:51 am

Ezzuddin is the title of Syedna's son Quid Johar. He may Y. Ezzuddin may be related to him. But most important is the address of Saifee Mahal.

truebohra

Unread post by truebohra » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:44 pm

trvoice wrote:
omabharti wrote: We are being told not to take Riba or give Riba but if you can get copy of "TIMES OF INDIA, FRIDAY, DECEMBER 18, 1992"

Who's Y A Ezzuddin ??
S. Insaf wrote:Ezzuddin is the title of Syedna's son Quid Johar. He may Y. Ezzuddin may be related to him. But most important is the address of Saifee Mahal.
Mr Insaf, I hope you have enough Knowledge about Saifee Mahal. Can you enlighten us how come it shifted to Powai road from Malabar Hill. or the Intellectual from the progressive cult has selective amnesia.