13 Rajab Mubarak

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
humble_servant_us

13 Rajab Mubarak

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:39 am

In the name of Allah(swt) the most beneficient and merciful

I extend my heartiest mubarakbadi to all muslims on the birth anniversary of Amirul Mumeneen Ali ibne Abi talib(as).
May Allah(swt) give us the tawfeeq to follow his footsteps as he was the true reflection of the life of the holy prophet(pbuh).

best regards
hs

incredible

Re: 13 Rajab Mubarak

Unread post by incredible » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:27 am

Khair mubarak

mumin

Unread post by mumin » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:37 am

other than keeping fasts, make a commitment to yourself to live your life by practising just two of the innumerable qualities of moula ali .The qualities of moula ali are also in nahjul- balagha and the book is translated in english ,urdu and other languages for the convenience of the young minds of to day who may be going to bohri madrasas and reciting quran and madehs without having any knowledge of its meaning.May allah lead you in the direction of truth.

porus

Unread post by porus » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:48 pm

Does anyone know what 'ayyamul beez' means?

Literallly, it is Days of 'Beez'.

Is z in beez spelt with zay or Daad?

Is 'beez' the name of the star?

In fact, Bohras refer to Rajab as the month of Ameer-ul-Mumineen, Ali ibn Abi Talib because the latter was born on the first day of ayyamul beez. However, I believe that ayyamul beez are days 13, 14 and 15 of any hijri month. Special significance of the 13th of Rajab is that it harbingers the moon turning into full moon. This is specially significant for Bohras because in their haqaiq, moon becoming full signifies light of Ali, whose birth brought the radiance of Tawil. This is compared to sun, which signifies Muhammad. Also many ayats in the Quran where references are made to Sun and Moon, they are interpreted as referring to Muhammad and Ali, respectively.

Anyone care to comment.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:42 pm

Thanks for information Br. Porus;

You learn new things everyday here.

Another day for Kharas and Mithas.

Wasalaam

bensaheba

Unread post by bensaheba » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Dear Porus:

Abyaz means white, aswad means black. Beez is a word derived from abyaz. Ayyamul beez literally means
the shining days. You are right about moon getting brighter and full on 13th,14th, and 15th.
But here Ayyam means days, so it has nothing to do with brighter moon but because of birth of Maola
Ali SA on the 13th. During these days on the 15th after zohar and asar namaaz we read das surat and do doas as prescribed by Imam Jafa us Sadiq SA.

porus

Unread post by porus » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Excellent bensaheba.

Beez shpould be spelt with Daad. Hence BeeD means Radiance.

Ayyamul BeeD means Days of Radiance. However, radiance has another significance which Quran uses. Ayat 3:106 refers to those whose faces will be radiant on the Day of Judgment. In the masah of the face during wudu, Bohras recite, "Allahumma bayyid wajhi bi noori ma'arifatika yawma tubayyidu wujuhal mumineen wa tusawwidu wujuhal mushrikeen"

'Allah wash my face with radiance ...etc. And tussawid means blacken the faces of mushrikeen.

Rasulullah had made reciting the whole Quran in three days for ayyamul beez. But most Bohras cannot handle it. So huddat-kiram asked them to recite ten specially selected Suras (Das Surat).

Radiance here has two meanings. One is that it announces wiladat of Ali and the second, it refers to a radiant star.

The reason why I say this is that when Ali was fatally wounded by ibn Muljim on 19 Ramadan in the Mihrab of the masjid in Kufa, he is reported to have said that "I have seen the the star that I beheld when I first opened my eyes".

It is traditionally believed that when Ali opened his eyes after his birth, the first face he saw was that of Rasulullah. So, the first and last moments of his life were attended by Rasululllah in Bohra mythology.

And of course, radiance is also associated with removal of darkness by Ali;s special responsibility to explain Tawil.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Brothers and Sisters

AS

I mean no disrespect for Hz Ali RA but one should question something which is presented as fact by Muslims who worship him.
Rasulullah had made reciting the whole Quran in three days for ayyamul beez.
Please cite Hadith.
"I have seen the the star that I beheld when I first opened my eyes".
Really!!!

Show me one person out of billions on this earth who remembers what he saw when he first opened his eyes.

Wasalaam

porus

Unread post by porus » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Wahhabi Lite,

This information is not true for you. You should treat it as the nefarious Shia engaging in Ali worship. You can always find a Sunni hadith that totally contradicts a Shia hadith. So, find one and post it here.

Babies recognize a lot not only when they are born, but also when they are in the womb. That is a myth perpetrated by the Shia. They have influenced the researchers in the United States who produce bogus findings about unborn child.

Have you read "the secret life of an unborn child" by Verny and Kelly? Those guys are Shia. So better not read their book.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Br. Porus

I know you are learned person and I will not call you named.
Babies recognize a lot not only when they are born, but also when they are in the womb
Baby Porus must have eecognizeed many things in womb and when he opened eyes for first time, Can you recount a single thing?

porus

Unread post by porus » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:44 pm

Wahhabi Lite,

Did you read in the Quran (the Shia version) that Jesus talked in his crib, when he was a baby. You can read it if you get a hold of the Shia Quran. It is ayats 19:29 and 19:30.

Those ayats were inserted by the evil Shia. Imagine a baby talking! Tch, tch, tch. Do you think those ayats are to be found in the authentic Quran read by ahl al-sunna wal jama'a? Please look up your copy of the Quran.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:57 pm

It is traditionally believed that when Ali opened his eyes after his birth, the first face he saw was that of Rasulullah. So, the first and last moments of his life were attended by Rasululllah in Bohra mythology.
Bro Muslim First,

The key in this quote by porus is the last two words, "Bohra mythology". Enuff said.

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:48 am

Muslim First wrote:Brothers and Sisters

AS

I mean no disrespect for Hz Ali RA but one should question something which is presented as fact by Muslims who worship him.
Rasulullah had made reciting the whole Quran in three days for ayyamul beez.
Please cite Hadith.
"I have seen the the star that I beheld when I first opened my eyes".
Really!!!

Show me one person out of billions on this earth who remembers what he saw when he first opened his eyes.

Wasalaam

what are u smoking?

here we are talking about Imam Ali and not a ordinary person so keep your shiit and go praise those three mushrik abu bakar usmaan and umar on some sunnified forum get lost.

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:52 am

Dear brother Muslim First,

You should read the thread "dialog with Wahhabis on this board". In one of the conversations, porus makes a point that if you are prepared to accept what are 'unbelievable' stories in the Quran like Jesus spoke from cradle or that his mother was a virgin untouched by a man when she conceived him, and all without evidence, then you have no basis to reject others accepting their own different 'unbelievable' stories.

However, being a Wahhabi, you cannot tolerate that notion. You must think that only you are right and others are wrong. You are entitled to your myths and others are not. I have a word for guys like that. I call them bigots.

Do you know why you do two sujoods in your namaz with sitting in between? Sunnis say they are following the Prophet. And that is where they stop. Bohras will give you a lot more. They will tell you its inner significance and why you do it twice with sitting in between. Bohras have a deep mystical sense of every arkaan of namaaz. Unfortunately, most Bohras do not know this. Some do. The difference between you and a Bohra initiate is that you are like a parrot, without understanding whereas the Bohra initiate infuses every ritual with deep meaning about his position in the Universal Scheme of things.

Did you get that? Don't worry if you did not. I will elaborate later, Inshallah.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:02 am

For a muslim, Quran is the baseline. A miracle mentioned in the Quran is fact. That doesn't mean that a miracle mentioned in any other religion needs to be accepted too. That would turn one into a muslim and non-muslim at the same time. Which would actually make you a complete non-muslim. The contention that since you accept Quran as the word of Allah without any evidence you should accept Bohra Mythology as the word of Allah is total crap. Did porus accept anajmi metaphysics as the word of Allah? Why? Because you can easily differentiate between fabrications and genuine teachings. Just like a lot of people on earth have started worshipping Jesus Christ because of his miracles, a lot of shias have started worshipping Hazrat Ali because of his. Explanation of every bohra arkaan will somehow lead to Hazrat Ali and Imam Hussein. Never to Allah. Just watch and see what porus says about the 2 sujoods.

Mubarak

Unread post by Mubarak » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:23 pm

anajmi wrote:Explanation of every bohra arkaan will somehow lead to Hazrat Ali and Imam Hussein. Never to Allah.
Because without vasila Allah cannot be approached like Allah approached human via vasila's and not directly.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:05 pm

That is the problem with the shia. They have made Allah unapproachable without going through their human deities. This is precisely the explanation that the pagans of Mecca used to give about their own idols.

Mubarak

Unread post by Mubarak » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:14 pm

anajmi wrote:That is the problem with the shia.
In other post Porus mentioned your neta Umar took vasila!

anajmi wrote:They have made Allah unapproachable without going through their human deities..
By that token humans are also unapproachable to Allah without going through in your parlance human deities.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:19 pm

Mubarak,

You can take vasila. You do not need to take vasila. Not sure if idol worshipping shias like you will understand the difference.

Mubarak

Unread post by Mubarak » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:23 pm

anajmi wrote:Mubarak,

You do not need to take vasila.
Why Allah never ever approached general humans directly i.e. without vasila?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Because humans are too stupid.

porus

Unread post by porus » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:40 pm

"For a Christian, Bible is the baseline. A miracle mentioned in the Bible is fact. That doesn't mean that a miracle mentioned in any other religion needs to be accepted too. That would turn one into a Christian and non-Christian at the same time. Which would actually make you a complete non-Christian. The contention that since you accept Bible as the word of God without any evidence you should accept Quran as the word of God is total crap. "

Did a christian write this piece? Isnlt he one hell of a bigot?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Actually that is a debate that various christian factions should have. If various muslim factions are having this debate then Quran is the baseline. If you want your crap to be accepted because you accept the Quran then you should accept my crap too. And since I am a bigot, I don't need to accept your crap. However, you are not a bigot, so kindly accept my crap and we will all be happy.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:39 pm

Why does every thread on every forum have to become a contention between Shias and Sunnis. Can this not be restricted to the Islam today forum?

This thread is on the Bohras and Reform forum, so those who don't consider themselves Bohras should have the courtesy not to post here and derail the threads.

Mubarak

Unread post by Mubarak » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:44 am

anajmi wrote:Because humans are too stupid.
And that is the reason why human will always need vasila to reach Allah.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:27 am

So you are putting another human in between? Smart shia thinking.

Mubarak

Unread post by Mubarak » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:49 pm

anajmi wrote:So you are putting another human in between? Smart shia thinking.
Not another human but super-human: this is the simple fact which Sunni's fail to understand.

Super human = one who can speak with Allah and humans = Prophets.

Ordinary humans = cannot speak with Allah nor does Allah speak with them.

As ordinary humans cannot speak with Allah thus they have to take 'vasila' of those who speak with Allah.

Hence, Sunni theories are erraneous.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Mubarak,

That is precisely what I am saying. Shias are mushriks who believe in super humans and who believe that Allah cannot be approached without the help of these idols that they have created. Exactly the argument given by the pagans of Mecca for their idol worshipping during the times of jahiliyya. Vasila is allowed and is not haram, but to make it mandatory is creating partners with Allah and becoming mushriks.

humble_servant_us

Unread post by humble_servant_us » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:50 am

anajmi
Shias do not worship anyone other than Allah(swt). The goal of every muslim is to seek the nearness of Allah(swt) and as per the prophet(pbuh), he has left two precious things the quran and ahlul bait which are the source of ultimate guidance for a muslim to achieve this.

For the shias ahlebait is the infallible progeny of the prophet(pbuh) , whom Allah(swt) has made the imams for the muslims. Wasila means seeking a means to achieve nearness of allah(swt) and following the footsteps of the ahlul bait and following quran is surely a means of achieving the kurbat of allah(swt).

I think you will agree asking someone to pray on your behalf is not wrong, likewise shias ask their imams(swt) to pray for them(tawassul) because they believe they are the best creation of allah(swt) and it is impossible for their duas to be rejected. What is wrong in this. This is wasila for duas. Yes there is no issue in asking Allah(swt) directly but what is wrong in asking someone else also to pray for you.

There are certain sins which prevent our duas from reaching allah(swt) (refer dua e kumayl taught by ali(as)), however in that case if a pious person prays for you , you mightl be forgiven. You may ask any pious person to pray for you, but for the shias the best people in piety are the ahlulbait and hence they ask them to pray for them to Allah(swt).

The concept of wasila in shia school of thought is not understood clearly by others and so shirk is attributed to them, this is primarily because you see what people do rather than investigating what the school of thought talks about, but in truth it is a common sense phenomena in sync with quranic teachings.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:26 am

Br Humble

I have move your comments to

http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... f=2&t=4265

I hope discussion can continue there

Wasalaam