ashra 1432

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
porus
Posts: 3594
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2001 5:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#31

Unread post by porus » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:53 am

نظر المقام

This is better understood as نظر صاحب المقام

It is translated as “In contemplation of the person of rank”.

Sahib al-maqam is the hidden Imam. To ease current or avert possible future difficulty, an offering of money is made to the hidden Imam.

Nazar Sahib al-Maqam is shortened to Nazar al-Maqam and refers to the money set aside for this purpose.

Minnat is similar except that minnat is in the name of any divine and is for a specific event. Nazar is more like an offering to ward off an evil eye. Nazar is offered to Imam only. Dai may use the money for any purpose he deems fit as he is the de facto Imam and the de facto Sahib al-Maqam.

It is a mindless superstition which owes its existence to popular folk religion of South Asian Muslims rather than authentic Islam of the Quran. It is a device to part gullible fools from their money in the service of their overlords.

You know what. They deserve this!

porus
Posts: 3594
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2001 5:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#32

Unread post by porus » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:46 pm

To be more accurate, you would say alayhis-salaam (as) after Sahib al-Maqam, like صاحب المقام عليه السلام.

It does not make much sense to say Nazar al-Maqam (as). But then, what do you expect of the masses whose ignorance deserves as much contempt as their servility?

anajmi
Posts: 13402
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#33

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:25 pm

I don't think the bohras says Nazar - al Maqam.

I think the most common form is Nazar Muqam. I may be wrong.

porus
Posts: 3594
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2001 5:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#34

Unread post by porus » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:30 pm

Bohras do say ‘નઝર મુકામ’ (nazar mukam).

That is the colloquial version in Bohra Gujarati. Those types of contractions are common in colloquial languages. ‘nazar mukam’ and ‘nazrul mukam’ are variants of the more linguistically correct ‘nazar al-maqam’.

I am certain that most Bohras do not even know the significance of the term or that the money is offered to the hidden Imam. Nor do they contemplate the Imam when putting money away. It is simply a device to ward off an evil eye.

They put aside some money in a box to avert misfortune through their days and empty the box once a year to give the money to their local Amil for dispatch to the Dai.

seeker110
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#35

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:56 pm

Thats the galla one uses to break a bigger note. :D

anajmi
Posts: 13402
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#36

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:04 pm

I think the bohra concept of nazar muqam originated from the Islamic concept of Sadaqah. The prophet (saw) has said about sadaqah -

Sadaqah extinguishes sin as water extinguishes fire.

Sadaqah appeases the Lord’s anger and averts an evil death.

Give the Sadaqah without delay, for it stands in the way of calamity.

Recipients of the Sadaqah are the poor and not the filthy rich Dai.

Maqbool
Posts: 844
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 4:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#37

Unread post by Maqbool » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:53 am

porus wrote:Dai may use the money for any purpose he deems fit as he is the de facto Imam and the de facto Sahib al-Maqam.

does this mean that the request of shazada for fakhera najrulmukam is for Dai and nothing is done without his raaja. Dai tells his follower to pay him and take his minnat so that he visits your city!!

Sajid Zafar
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:01 am

Kaun Banega Crorepati

#38

Unread post by Sajid Zafar » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:12 am

The New Avtar of KBC (Kaun Banega Crorepati..or Who Wants to A millionaire)..... KBB (Kaun Banega Bali ka Bakra).

Big B : Is saal ke Mohurrum 1432 ke liye kaun banega bali ka bakra ?

Aap Ke Options hai.... a) Mumbai ki jamat b) Houston ki Jamat or c) Dubai ki Jamat.

Abde : ??????????

Big B : Kya Aap Lifeline use karna chahoge ?

Abde : Jee Haan, Lifeline hogi 'phone a friend'.

Big B : Aap Kise phone karna chahoge ?

Abde : Shahzada Mufaddal bhai saab ko.

The phone rings and Muffi comes on line.

Abde : Janab, Qadambosi arz karu chhu, Aap takleef farmavi ne kaheso ke aa varsh Huzure-ala nu Ashra Mubarak kya chhe ?

Mufi : Arre chootya phone jaldi muki de, maro time kharab na kar. Main humna 'bidding process' ma busy chhun, Dubai ane America ni jamat maa ghani kashmakash chaali rahi chhe. Dubai thi bidding kari rahiyo chhe Ramakdawala ane USA thi olo Dahodwala je Saifee Hospital ni scheme maa 52 crore rupya aapa hata. Phone muk nahi to tane baraat kari kaaris. The abde shivers and cuts the line.

Big B : Aap doosri lifeline use karna chahoge ?

Abde : Ji Haa, 50/50.

Big B : Computerji ek option ko lock kar dijiye.... Haa... ab aap ke 2 option bache hai Dubai Jamaat aur USA Jamaat.

Abde : Dubai jamat.

Big B : Computerji Dubai jamat ko lock kar de.

The Abde and the entire audience is tense and waits anxiously for the right answer..........

Big B : Is prashna ka uttar hum denge break ke baad.... yaani Eid-e-Ghadir ke baad !!!!

porus
Posts: 3594
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2001 5:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#39

Unread post by porus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:39 pm

Maqbool wrote:
does this mean that the request of shazada for fakhera najrulmukam is for Dai and nothing is done without his raaja. Dai tells his follower to pay him and take his minnat so that he visits your city!!
Like I wrote before, nazar muqam is for averting a calamity. The greater the anticipated calamity, the greater the amount of money that must be set aside.

Now, can you imagine a greater calamity than that Dai will not grace your town with his presence during forthcoming Muharram. That calls for the most fakhir raqam possible for nazae muqam to be set aside. So, please, dig deep into your pockets with, as al Zulfiqar would say, the greatest walwalo in your heart. :)

S. Insaf
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#40

Unread post by S. Insaf » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:17 pm

About Nazar Muqam whatever I could find I have put it down in
"Taxes and more taxes - a dead certainty for Bohras"

porus
Posts: 3594
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2001 5:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#41

Unread post by porus » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:44 pm

S. Insaf wrote:About Nazar Muqam whatever I could find I have put it down in
"Taxes and more taxes - a dead certainty for Bohras"
That is an excellent historical perspective. Thank you, Insaf bhai.

Maqbool
Posts: 844
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 4:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#42

Unread post by Maqbool » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:30 am

porus wrote:Now, can you imagine a greater calamity than that Dai will not grace your town with his presence during forthcoming Muharram. That calls for the most fakhir raqam possible for nazae muqam to be set aside. So, please, dig deep into your pockets with, as al Zulfiqar would say, the greatest walwalo in your heart. :)
Interesting! it a paradox - The najrul muqam is to save from calamity, where here it is to invite calamity.

alik
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:49 am

Re: ashra 1432

#43

Unread post by alik » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Hot news
dubai-out of the race to bid for ashura dhramaaa,coz the biggie-shiekhs have bagged out to shell out money!even kinara dint go to mumbai take part in the bid on eid day!
mumbai is not runner-reason-
1) saifee masjid will be broken as per bhindi bazaar revaamp plan and wont be available for the next five yrs...
2) logistics is easy..

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: ashra 1432

#44

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:00 pm

A mail which is circulated to Dubai bohras by local amil :-

Salaam-e-Jameel

At the time of requiring the Online Safai – for miqaats with Huzurala TUS only, please send an email to dxbjamat@dubaijamaat.org ONLY with your Ejamaat id and dubai jamaat id. Please note that if you have any dues with dubaijamaat or have not done takhmeen for Ashara Mubaraka Niyaz Fund, online safai chitti will not be renewed.

Mumineen can check their safai status on www.ejamaat.com after 36 hours of their request email for online safai chitti.

No phone calls for renewal of online safai chitti will be entertained.

Anjuman-e-Najmi
Dubai

aqs
Posts: 848
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:42 am

Re: ashra 1432

#45

Unread post by aqs » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:31 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:A mail which is circulated to Dubai bohras by local amil :-

Salaam-e-Jameel

At the time of requiring the Online Safai – for miqaats with Huzurala TUS only, please send an email to dxbjamat@dubaijamaat.org ONLY with your Ejamaat id and dubai jamaat id. Please note that if you have any dues with dubaijamaat or have not done takhmeen for Ashara Mubaraka Niyaz Fund, online safai chitti will not be renewed.

Mumineen can check their safai status on http://www.ejamaat.com after 36 hours of their request email for online safai chitti.

No phone calls for renewal of online safai chitti will be entertained.

Anjuman-e-Najmi
Dubai
whats the problem in this email??

they are doing araz for Ashara and want people to commit some amount for ashara preparation, and you can confirm with any one that any amount be it just 52 dhm is taken and no pressure is their.

anajmi
Posts: 13402
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#46

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:48 am

aqs,
Please note that if you have any dues with dubaijamaat or have not done takhmeen for Ashara Mubaraka Niyaz Fund, online safai chitti will not be renewed.
You do not see any pressure in this? Either you are blind or one of those who gets a cut from the zakat money. A corrupt kothari.

aqs
Posts: 848
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:42 am

Re: ashra 1432

#47

Unread post by aqs » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:55 am

anajmi wrote:aqs,
Please note that if you have any dues with dubaijamaat or have not done takhmeen for Ashara Mubaraka Niyaz Fund, online safai chitti will not be renewed.
You do not see any pressure in this? Either you are blind or one of those who gets a cut from the zakat money. A corrupt kothari.
Anajmi,

Ask GM and Alik if they will not commit any amount how will they be stopped from attending waez, they will not be, so despite not committing any thing if they will be able to attend the waez which will be the sole purpose of this exercise then where's the pressure.

PS: I am no Kothari, so please keep these innuendo's for some better time

Maqbool
Posts: 844
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 4:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#48

Unread post by Maqbool » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:22 am

aqs wrote:whats the problem in this email??

they are doing araz for Ashara and want people to commit some amount for ashara preparation, and you can confirm with any one that any amount be it just 52 dhm is taken and no pressure is their.

Aqs will you please clarify what is this about?
aqs wrote:have not done takhmeen for Ashara Mubaraka Niyaz Fund, online safai chitti will not be renewed.

anajmi
Posts: 13402
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#49

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:53 am

aqs,

What are the consequences of not having a valid safai chitti? Do the kotharis create a problem during a marriage in your family? Or a death in your family? And these are far more important than a worthless waez. Either you are acting ignorant or you are ignorant. Which means you are messed up in either case.

aqs
Posts: 848
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:42 am

Re: ashra 1432

#50

Unread post by aqs » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:59 am

anajmi wrote:aqs,

What are the consequences of not having a valid safai chitti? Do the kotharis create a problem during a marriage in your family? Or a death in your family? And these are far more important than a worthless waez. Either you are acting ignorant or you are ignorant. Which means you are messed up in either case.

Anajmi,

This Safai Chitti business was dumped few years back when E Jamaat cards were introduced, but they have come again in picture recently, i dont know how far this will effect.

aqs
Posts: 848
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:42 am

Re: ashra 1432

#51

Unread post by aqs » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:00 am

Maqbool wrote:
aqs wrote:whats the problem in this email??

they are doing araz for Ashara and want people to commit some amount for ashara preparation, and you can confirm with any one that any amount be it just 52 dhm is taken and no pressure is their.

Aqs will you please clarify what is this about?
aqs wrote:have not done takhmeen for Ashara Mubaraka Niyaz Fund, online safai chitti will not be renewed.
didnt get what you want me to clarify

JC
Posts: 1624
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#52

Unread post by JC » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:34 am

So WHERE is the Tamasha this year??!!

Dubai?? Need tourists to boost the economy

Houston?? May be, what will this bring to USA?? (ps. are there some huge shopping malls in Houston?? also are there places where guys can go after Soaug Utervana :)

Mumbai?? Are Bohra pockets there still full - transfer the money to sh**zadas accounts pls.

S. Insaf
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#53

Unread post by S. Insaf » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:20 am

Why has Cairo, the proud city of Fatemids, been forgotten from where this tamasha was started? Why has Mumineen been deprived of getting Sharaf of Ziyarat of Shahzada Dr. Yusuf Najmuddin?

JC
Posts: 1624
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#54

Unread post by JC » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:51 pm

Insaf Bhai,

I also wonder.

My another question to abdes ....... why there are almost no Shia or Bohras in Egypt ... ??!! Cairo was the 'seat' of Imams, they had ruled that for so many years ....... so how come there are no shias or bohras from 'local' misri people, how come majority are sunnis??!! seems they did not believe in Imamat and all that stuff ..... in fact there are very few shias in that vicinity (Syria, Jordan, Algeria, Western Saudi Arabia) ....... WHY??

WHY shia (and bohras) are found (or originated) in Yemen and Sub-Continent? It is simple - Shiaism spread in Iraq (and from there to neighbour Iran, Indo/Pak etc) ..... the guilty people of Iraq (who had betrayed Hussain) started this because of their guilty conscienousness, they could not believe what they (and their forefathers) had done, and as a result started beating their chests and heads.

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: ashra 1432

#55

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:35 pm

JAMALI MOHALLA ORGANISES IJTEMA FOR OHBATE ASHARA 1432 AND 100MI MILAD MUBARAK

JAMALI MOHALLA TANZEEM COMMITTEE UNDER THE GUIDANCE OF JANAB AMIL SAHEB SHAIKH MOIZ BHAI SUNELWALA ORGANISED A SPECIAL IJTEMA ON SUNDAY THE 21ST OF NOVEMBER, 2010 FROM MORNING 8 AM TO 11 AM AT THE JAMALI HALL, JAMALI MASJID, NARIYALWADI, MAZAGAON, MUMBAI. THE MAIN MOTIVE AND INTENTION TO ORGNAISE THIS IJTEMA WAS TO ASSEMBLE AND GATHER ALL MUMENEEN MARDO AND BAYRO KHIDMATGUZARS – TANZEEM MEMBERS, LADIES VOLUNTEERS, SHABAB-UL-EIDIZ-ZAHABI, MUSHAHEDEEN, TOLOBA AND VARIOUS CENTRES REPRESENTATIVES IN JAMALI MOHALLA TO BE PREPARED FOR ASHARA 1432 AND 100MI MILAD MUBARAK WITH THE SOLE NIYYAT AND UMMEED THAT ASHARA 1432 ANE 100MI MILAD MUMBAI NE NASEEB THAAI ANE HUZUREALA(TUS) NA DIL NE APNI KHIDMAT SI KHUSH KARIYE.

IT WAS ALSO DECIDED TO HAVE 52 MATAM NI MAJLIS,

JANAB AMIL SAHEB STRONGLY SUGGESTED THAT EACH AND EVERY MUMENEEN RESIDING IN JAMALI MOHALLA ON THIS MOMENTOUS OCCASION SHOULD DO KHIDMAT JAAN ANE MAAL SI ANE MOULA NE SONA NO HADIYO ARAZ KARE. KOI 20 TOLA, TO KOI 10 TOLA, 5 TOLA, 2 TOLA PAN ZYAADA SI ZYAADA MUMENEEN SHAAMIL THAAY.

http://akhbar.mumineen.org/2010/11/25/p ... la-mumbai/

bohri
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: ashra 1432

#56

Unread post by bohri » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:13 pm

Dear Aqs
JANAB AMIL SAHEB STRONGLY SUGGESTED THAT EACH AND EVERY MUMENEEN RESIDING IN JAMALI MOHALLA ON THIS MOMENTOUS OCCASION SHOULD DO KHIDMAT JAAN ANE MAAL SI ANE MOULA NE SONA NO HADIYO ARAZ KARE. KOI 20 TOLA, TO KOI 10 TOLA, 5 TOLA, 2 TOLA PAN ZYAADA SI ZYAADA MUMENEEN SHAAMIL THAAY.
Can you help us understand what the Sultan needs the "TOLAS" for?

seeker110
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am

Re: ashra 1432

#57

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:28 pm

Germany doctor bills.

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: ashra 1432

#58

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:18 pm

bohri wrote:Can you help us understand what the Sultan needs the "TOLAS" for?
Have you seen the pyramids where pharoah, the sultan of egypt is buried ? He too had lots of precious articles including gold buried alongwith him. So you see there is no difference between the sultans, even pharoah craved for worldly wealth and was proud of the thousands of slaves he had at his disposal just like the sultan of bohras. The end result.... one died with a hope that he will utilise his material wealth in his afterlife and the other hasnt learn his lessons even after seeing the fate of his counterpart.

incredible
Posts: 1034
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:44 pm

Re: ashra 1432

#59

Unread post by incredible » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:34 pm

kinnana have gone out of his mind...why bloody rascal cant see the accomodation situation of mumeenin working there,instead of working for them he is busy collecting more gold what the F@#$ gold acquiring has to do with 100 milad of syedna.

Baskin
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:23 pm

Re: ashra 1432

#60

Unread post by Baskin » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:57 am

incredible wrote:kinnana have gone out of his mind...why bloody rascal cant see the accomodation situation of mumeenin working there,instead of working for them he is busy collecting more gold what the F@#$ gold acquiring has to do with 100 milad of syedna.
@incredible... take a chill pill man.... In your insanity you mixed the msg from Mumbai's Amil with Kinana... too much hatred not good for health...
by the way what is with the accommodation situation in dubai that is bothering you...