Important reasons for abdes to follow Syedna

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Aarif

Re: Important reasons for abdes to follow Syedna

Unread post by Aarif » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:39 pm

And why is that. Why is asking from Allah not greed and asking a human always greed? Can you explain why is it different?
In the time of prophet(pbuh), Abu Sufiyan, Abu Lahab and others were guardians of pagan gods. They use to perform prayers on behalf of people who were full of blind faith. These gullible people use to pay them money, gold, jewels and other valuables to perform prayers on their behalf. People like Abu Sufiyan were actually exploiting the inherent greedy nature of human beings. The problem with putting your trust in humans is they are all the same at end the of the day. The prophet(pbuh) saw all this and strictly prohibited this practice of pagan worship via people like Abu Sufiyan. When the holy Quran was revealed to the prophet(pbuh) and he was spreading Islam in arabia people like Abu Sufiyan and his cronies could literally see that their days were numbered. The reason was, the prophet (pbuh) was asking the believers to only pray to Allah and no one else. The best part of asking Allah directly is you get rid of the middle men. Because the more you depend upon the middle men the more are the chances of spreading corruption. Just like Abu Sufiyan used the pagan gods to fool innocent people Syedna is using the hidden Imam to fool them. Remember that Quran clearly mentions that you should only pray to Allah and ask him for help in all the matters... When you ask Allah for something he is all knowing one and knows what is best for you. If you are greedy only Allah has the power to punish you...

Zeal

Unread post by Zeal » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:59 am

It was never about greed. Our faith is our life, everything belongs to Maula, If Emaan is there everything is there.
Bigger,

Believing in the unseen Allah is called Imaan, believing in Maula (everything belongs to Maula) would lead you to Kufr..

Regal

Unread post by Regal » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:10 pm

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

There is no god but He,
The Living, the Everlasting,
Slumber seizes Him not, neither sleep,
To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and the earth.
Who is there that can intercede with Him, except by His leave?
He knows what lies before them and what is after them,
And they comprehend not anything of His Knowledge save as He wills.
His throne comprises the heavens and the earth,
The preserving of them fatigues Him not,
And He is the All-High, All-Glorious.

Ayatul Kursi (Holy Qur'an 2:255)

The misconception they are spreading here is that Syedna will force Allah to forgive the bohri sinners. sentences such as "You never need worry. We are here to intercede you. We will recommend you to Allah when you are in the kabr, so that you are safe from the terror of the grave. Dispersing that terror, we are here to fill your graves with light. What are you afraid of ? ....I, Mohammed Burhanuddin am here, then, what are you afraid of ? "

I would say Allah. I will still be afraid of Allah. A mere creation of Allah cannot enforce his will over the Creator. if there was any who could intercede, it would be the Holy Prophet pbuh. How can the syedna be so sure that he will not be forced to save his own hide first. Even the Prophet pbuh and Ali (ra) feared for what will happen on that Day.

Regal

Unread post by Regal » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:24 pm

profastian wrote: And why is that. Why is asking from Allah not greed and asking a human always greed? Can you explain why is it different?
It depends on what you are asking. If you are asking for good for a fellow man it is not greed. But why would you want to ask a human dead or alive when you can ask from Him, who is eternal.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:49 am

Regal wrote:
profastian wrote: And why is that. Why is asking from Allah not greed and asking a human always greed? Can you explain why is it different?
It depends on what you are asking. If you are asking for good for a fellow man it is not greed. But why would you want to ask a human dead or alive when you can ask from Him, who is eternal.
How do you know there is one who is eternal. Who told you that?

Regal

Unread post by Regal » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:36 am

i was talking about Allah who is eternal.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:50 am

Regal wrote:i was talking about Allah who is eternal.
I am talking about Allah too. Who told you that Allah exists?

Regal

Unread post by Regal » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:21 am

Why, it was the Quran. Al-hayyu wal Qayyum. The Everliving and the Eternal.

do you have anything to say abt intercession? i thought not.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:46 am

I am talking about Allah too. Who told you that Allah exists?
From the holy Quran:

146. Those who behave arrogantly on the earth in defiance of right - them will I turn away from My signs: Even if they see all the signs, they will not believe in them; and if they see the way of right conduct, they will not adopt it as the way; but if they see the way of error, that is the way they will adopt. For they have rejected our signs, and failed to take warning from them.
147. Those who reject Our signs and the meeting in the Hereafter,- vain are their deeds: Can they expect to be rewarded except as they have wrought?

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:49 am

157. "Those who follow the apostle, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the law and the Gospel;- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper."

158. day: "O men! I am sent unto you all, as the Messenger of Allah, to Whom belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth: there is no god but He: it is He That giveth both life and death. So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the Unlettered Prophet, who believeth in Allah and His words: follow him that (so) ye may be guided."

Regal

Unread post by Regal » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:56 pm

brother Aarif which surah are you quoting from? The verses touched a nerve.

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:40 pm

Br. Regal,

It is from Surah Al-A'raf (The Heights)

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:24 am

How do you Quran is right? Who told you?

Regal

Unread post by Regal » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:41 am

never mind who told who what, what is ur point?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:15 am

Pro....
How do you Quran is right? Who told you
Aqa Moula Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin TUS thru his Aamils in different waez where they ask the listeners to read Quran and memorize as much as they can and telling people about the bad habits of not drinking Khamar and not dealing in Riba as mentioned in QURAN (the Aamils referred to Ayahs in Quran regarding these two bad habits)
I suppose you were either sleeping or were concentrating on Purjosh Maatam.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:14 am

omabharti wrote:
Pro....
How do you Quran is right? Who told you
Aqa Moula Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin TUS thru his Aamils in different waez where they ask the listeners to read Quran and memorize as much as they can and telling people about the bad habits of not drinking Khamar and not dealing in Riba as mentioned in QURAN (the Aamils referred to Ayahs in Quran regarding these two bad habits)
Finally you got something right ... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:51 am

How do you Quran is right? Who told you?
Are you asking us or telling us? It seems you are trying to tell us that since Syedna has not explained this in lisaane-dawat it is not true. It seems that you are trying to tell us that the translation only makes sense if Syedna does it for you.. But the problem with that is that Syedna has not published his translation of Quran for the benefit of 1.2 billion muslims. Can you please request him to do that? Oh I am sorry, I completely forgot that you need tons of money to get that close to your shafiq bawaa... In case you are not a millionaire sorry dude tough luck...

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:55 am

Pro.....
Finally you got something right ... :mrgreen:
How do you know I am right? :mrgreen: :D :lol:

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:51 am

omabharti wrote:
Pro.....
Finally you got something right ... :mrgreen:
How do you know I am right?
Nice one. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Truth is not universal anyway. According to my version of truth i am right on this one...

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:57 am

profastian wrote:How do you Quran is right? Who told you?
On one hand, you hold the syedna to be infallible and on the other, you question the rightfulness of the quran? On second thoughts, human worshipping abdes are expected to.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:02 am

Smart wrote:
profastian wrote:How do you Quran is right? Who told you?
On one hand, you hold the syedna to be infallible and on the other, you question the rightfulness of the quran? On second thoughts, human worshipping abdes are expected to.
I am not questioning the rightfulness of Quran at all. According to my version of the truth, Quran is the book of God. And i believe this because the DAI said so. But as you don't believe in the DAI, how do you know verify the validity of the Quran? (Please, don't say that the Prophet said so, as there are multiple versions of what the prophet said going around).

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:23 am

I am not questioning the rightfulness of Quran at all. According to my version of the truth, Quran is the book of God. And i believe this because the DAI said so. But as you don't believe in the DAI, how do you know verify the validity of the Quran? (Please, don't say that the Prophet said so, as there are multiple versions of what the prophet said going around).profastian

I hope Arabic Qur'an Dai endorsed is same as Qur'an used by Muslim. What you are talking about is various translatons.

You are so dim wit that you do not know difference between translation and real Aragic version.

Regal

Unread post by Regal » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:06 am

so profastian, you believe the dai can intercede because
the DAI said so
?

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:42 pm

profastian wrote:
Smart wrote: On one hand, you hold the syedna to be infallible and on the other, you question the rightfulness of the quran? On second thoughts, human worshipping abdes are expected to.
I am not questioning the rightfulness of Quran at all. According to my version of the truth, Quran is the book of God. And i believe this because the DAI said so. But as you don't believe in the DAI, how do you know verify the validity of the Quran? (Please, don't say that the Prophet said so, as there are multiple versions of what the prophet said going around).
Aren't you confused buddy? You believe in the validity of Quran because the dai says so, not the validity of dai, who claims to derive his legitimacy from the quran?

Which comes first? The quran or the dai? Who validates, whom? You are giving too much primacy to the dai.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:55 am

Smart wrote: Aren't you confused buddy? You believe in the validity of Quran because the dai says so, not the validity of dai, who claims to derive his legitimacy from the quran?

Which comes first? The quran or the dai? Who validates, whom? You are giving too much primacy to the dai.
If i believe in the validity of the DAI because the Quran says so than how do i prove the validity of the Quran? Same goes for the Prophet and Quran. And i am not giving any undue priority to the DAI. The Imam and the Quran are one and the same thing and in the absence of the Imam, same goes for the DAI.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:06 am

The Imam and the Quran are one and the same thing and in the absence of the Imam, same goes for the DAI.
Firstly Qur'an is present and is in unaltered state. (No rubbish arguments here, since Hz Ali did not question its authenticity)'

A Imam is hiding and left Kothar in charge
B Imam is thousands of year old and is hiding in cave
C Imam is Hazir and is profiting from Alcohol sale and Horse racing

This is Shiasm in nutshell.

Is there support in Sunnah or Qur'an?

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:05 am

Regal wrote:Why, it was the Quran. Al-hayyu wal Qayyum. The Everliving and the Eternal.

do you have anything to say abt intercession? i thought not.
All your arguments are circular and self defeating. You believe that Quran is valid because it is a book of Allah, you believe that God exists because the prophet and the Quran said so, you believe in the validity of the Prophet because the Quran says so. How do you know all 3 are not just made up?

Regal

Unread post by Regal » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:42 pm

lol wha do you mean my arguments are self defeating. you started with questioning who told me Allah exists. as if someone needs to tell me Allah is there. when we answered that the quraan which we believe is the word of Allah is proof of Allah's existence, you questioned the truthfulness of the Quraan, as if SOMEONE must testify that the Quran is right. i dont know where you want to take this argument with ur questions of "who told me" but i hope you know.

The Quraan is itself a miracle, and itself is a witness for its truthfulness. The Prophet pbuh doesnot come into the equation here. The Quran is filled with mathematical accuracies, prophecys, and scientefic knowledge all of which are coming true or getting discovered. The Quraan is it self a miracle that no mortal could have written, therefore i believe it has Allah's hand in it. you dont need to believe the truthfulness of Quran coz the Prophet pbuh says so, the Quran itself makes you.

[29:51] Is it not enough of a miracle that we sent down to you this book, being recited to them? This is indeed a mercy and a reminder for people who believe.

If i believe in the validity of the DAI because the Quran says so than how do i prove the validity of the Quran? Same goes for the Prophet and Quran.
DO YOU believe in the validity of the DAI because the Quran says so ? if so, can you prove it from the Quran? anyhow you are stuck in this circle not me, because you need dai to validate quran and the quran to validate the dai. so goodluck.

Regal

Unread post by Regal » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:07 pm

lets talk some more about intercession aswell. what is ur opinion on these verses of the Quran?

[29:11] GOD will most certainly distinguish those who believe, and He will most certainly expose the hypocrites.

[29:12] Those who disbelieved said to those who believed, "If you follow our way, we will be responsible for your sins." Not true; they cannot bear any of their sins. They are liars.

[29:13] In fact, they will carry their own sins, in addition to loads of other people's sins for which they were responsible. Most certainly, they will be asked on the Day of Resurrection about their false claims.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Regal wrote:lets talk some more about intercession aswell. what is ur opinion on these verses of the Quran?

[29:11] GOD will most certainly distinguish those who believe, and He will most certainly expose the hypocrites.

[29:12] Those who disbelieved said to those who believed, "If you follow our way, we will be responsible for your sins." Not true; they cannot bear any of their sins. They are liars.

[29:13] In fact, they will carry their own sins, in addition to loads of other people's sins for which they were responsible. Most certainly, they will be asked on the Day of Resurrection about their false claims.
Bro Regal,

Its like barking on the wrong tree. What sense can you put in the ones who believe in a piece of paper (ruku chithi) as their mode of salvation ? Everything else for them is secondary. Everything circles around only one entity which is the dai... it is 'mola ni namaz', 'mola ni vayez', 'mola ne wajebat aapo', 'mola sanction kare ej masjid ma namaz pare to sawab chhe', 'mola haqiqi kaba chhe', 'mola ghaib na malik chhe', 'mola no daaman pakdo'...... Everything under the banner and in the garb of Islam and Rasul Allah (s.a.w.) and Panjatan Pak (a.s.). Bal Thackerey and Narendra Modi uses hindutva to fool the masses and the dai uses Islam to fool bohras.