Lives of Momineen destroyed by Sayedna

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
hypocritebohra

Lives of Momineen destroyed by Sayedna

Unread post by hypocritebohra » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:01 pm

I thought that just as there are numerous posts on lives of Momineen touched by Sayedna I thought it would be prudent to present the other side of the picture of lives of ordinary momineen destroyed by heeding to the advise given by Sayedna.
I know of a poor hard working Bohra Hatim Kotawalla in the gulf who had a very good job as a showroom manager in a large multinational company unfortunately , he was a devout believer in Sayedna . One day when he went to do Kadambosi Sayedna asked him whe he was doing for a living, and on being told he was in service told him to resign fom his job , leave the middle East and go to India Kota and start a tyre business
Being a devout believer this momin bhai resigned from his job which had given him all the comforts in life for more than 15 years, and put all his life savings on this new buisness in Kota
Having no experience in doing business in India and with absolute zero knowlwdge of the tyre business he lost all his savings in less than 2 years and had to close down and declare bankruptcy .
He returned to trhe gulf and begged his former boss for a job, as he had a good reputaion he was given a job as a sales man in the very showroom he was a manager before his resignation,
I would welcome other people on this forum to contribute to this and let us know of similar experiences

bohri

Re: Lives of Momineen destroyed by Sayedna

Unread post by bohri » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:17 pm

The Sultan, as far as I am concerned is ruthless and cares little for his community. Otherwise why would he allow:
  • A sister not to attend her brothers funeral
    A family to stop all relationships with their aunts and cousins - including attending funerals, weddings and mishaqs
    A wife and son to be separated from her husband
    Sons not burying their own father - leaving it to others, even though they are in the same town
A short list of atrocities that continue everyday to this day - which Bohri is not familiar with these stories? I cannot be alone in having witnessed such cruelty in my own family.

The Sultan is incapable of basic humanity - let alone miracles.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:38 am

I know of one case in Poona.

One Saifuddin Poonawala, was working in the Muslim Co-op Bank as a manager and was asked to leave the job after almost 2 decades of working. He was told to start a shop. He failed miserably and lost not only all his money, but even what was lent to him by his relatives. He had to sell off and the matter became very critical as his family's survival was bleak.

It is only then that he was offered a job as a clerk in the jamaat office, which paid him just enough to keep his body and soul together.

The ironical part was that the bank he was working in, is located in Saifee mahal, the official residence of the Poona Amil. The jamaat considers it acceptable to take rent from the same bank, from where this man was asked to resign. So, indirectly the source of his income is partly from the same bank !

Aarif

Unread post by Aarif » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Having no experience in doing business in India and with absolute zero knowlwdge of the tyre business he lost all his savings in less than 2 years and had to close down and declare bankruptcy .
Looks like tyre of Syedna's miracle bursted in this case. Or maybe Syedna had asked this man to start wire business and not tyre business. Mharaa Maula ni koi galti nathi. Aa mumin bhai ae sambhalwaa ma bhul kari che... Amne wire nu business karwaanu kidhu thu, tyre nu nai... Or maybe some hidden taawil from the chor bazaar legends which was misunderstood by our poor friend...

candela

Unread post by candela » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:22 pm

Aarif wrote:
Looks like tyre of Syedna's miracle bursted in this case. Or maybe Syedna had asked this man to start wire business and not tyre business. Mharaa Maula ni koi galti nathi. Aa mumin bhai ae sambhalwaa ma bhul kari che... Amne wire nu business karwaanu kidhu thu, tyre nu nai... Or maybe some hidden taawil from the chor bazaar legends which was misunderstood by our poor friend...
I imagine an "abde-Syedna" might say "he probably failed because he gave up too early and didn't fully trust in Moula's decree", or even, more blasphemously, "Moula probably told him to start a tire business knowing he would give up too soon, knowing that his faith in Moula was weak, and for the reason of testing him and/or fulfilling his fate." (Nauzubillah!) Unfortunately I know some that I think might actually believe like this.

How often does Syedna tell ppl to change their livelihoods? I asked myself why does he do it since it seems he doesn't really have a good basis for making such decrees, and I guess that it's to increase (from a statistical standpoint) the expected number of miracle stories that the Kothar can report. The more people Syedna tells to go do something else, the more stories of success and stories of ruin happen, and the Kothar can easily just ignore the stories of ruin and widely publicize the stories of success to help further its agenda if it so wanted.

WYP

Unread post by WYP » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Smart wrote:I know of one case in Poona.

One Saifuddin Poonawala, was working in the Muslim Co-op Bank as a manager and was asked to leave the job after almost 2 decades of working. He was told to start a shop. He failed miserably and lost not only all his money, but even what was lent to him by his relatives. He had to sell off and the matter became very critical as his family's survival was bleak.

It is only then that he was offered a job as a clerk in the jamaat office, which paid him just enough to keep his body and soul together.

The ironical part was that the bank he was working in, is located in Saifee mahal, the official residence of the Poona Amil. The jamaat considers it acceptable to take rent from the same bank, from where this man was asked to resign. So, indirectly the source of his income is partly from the same bank !

Saifuddin Poonawala's number is 9371207252. Would you please call and ask him if his life has been destroyed by Syedna? Eagerly awaiting your answer ;)

Regal

Unread post by Regal » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:48 pm

who are you to question aqa mola? do you know what will happen 5 years or 10 years down the line? Aqa Mola does. eenay gaib no ilm che. maybe 50 years later saifuddin bhai poonawala will realise he made a good choice because he listened to Mola.

(nauzbillah)
Probably some guy who had beef with saifuddin poonawala faked the royal reply so that he may leave.

how many names are changed each year due to his will? just coz that name will be unfortunate for them or what?

mumlook

Unread post by mumlook » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:43 am

Regal wrote:who are you to question aqa mola? do you know what will happen 5 years or 10 years down the line? Aqa Mola does. eenay gaib no ilm che. maybe 50 years later saifuddin bhai poonawala will realise he made a good choice because he listened to Mola.

(nauzbillah)
Probably some guy who had beef with saifuddin poonawala faked the royal reply so that he may leave.

how many names are changed each year due to his will? just coz that name will be unfortunate for them or what?

Exactly Bhai,
These progressives are always finding one or another way to blame our moula. They think that they re much educated but why these people forgets that
today they are in this position because their forefathers took lots of benediction from haq na dai of that zamaan. Now they should think that what they are gaining for their coming generations.

Regal

Unread post by Regal » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:28 am

Exactly Bhai,
These progressives are always finding one or another way to blame our moula. They think that they re much educated but why these people forgets that
today they are in this position because their forefathers took lots of benediction from haq na dai of that zamaan. Now they should think that what they are gaining for their coming generations.

As i understand the progressives believe in the institution of dai -al mutlaq and believe in the integrity of all the dais save the last 2 or 3. So you are correct, that our forefathers stuck with the dai of their time because of their faith in the institution rather than their faith in the individual dai of their time. Because unknown to us there must be some dais in the past who did sins and brought harm to the community after all they are humans. Remember that you pledge your allegiance to the imam uz zaman, and not the dai (who is himself a subject of the imam).

Did our forefathers ask the dai of their time about what to do abt their job/name of child etc? were the words of the ancient dais percieved as divine aswell? or taken as advice from a spiritual leader?

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:22 am

WYP wrote: Saifuddin Poonawala's number is 9371207252. Would you please call and ask him if his life has been destroyed by Syedna? Eagerly awaiting your answer ;)
Being an abde, obviously he is not going to say so. Anybody with a modicum of common sense to observe the truth would come to the conclusion. You only ask him:
1. Whether he left the bank job on his own accord or on instructions of his higher ups?
2. Did he start the business, with or without raza?
3. Was he successful in his business?
4. How many of his relatives had contributed to his qardan hasana for his business and for what amounts?
5. Has he paid them back? Was he able to?
6. Why he had to give up his business and take up a low paying job with the jamaat, when all bohras are told to do business rather than jobs?

Asking somebody working in the jamaat whether the syedna has destroyed his life is a loaded question, which is bound not to get a truthful answer. Asking the right sort of questions will get you the true answers.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:16 am

Smart wrote:
WYP wrote: Saifuddin Poonawala's number is 9371207252. Would you please call and ask him if his life has been destroyed by Syedna? Eagerly awaiting your answer ;)
Being an abde, obviously he is not going to say so. Anybody with a modicum of common sense to observe the truth would come to the conclusion. You only ask him:
1. Whether he left the bank job on his own accord or on instructions of his higher ups?
2. Did he start the business, with or without raza?
3. Was he successful in his business?
4. How many of his relatives had contributed to his qardan hasana for his business and for what amounts?
5. Has he paid them back? Was he able to?
6. Why he had to give up his business and take up a low paying job with the jamaat, when all bohras are told to do business rather than jobs?

Asking somebody working in the jamaat whether the syedna has destroyed his life is a loaded question, which is bound not to get a truthful answer. Asking the right sort of questions will get you the true answers.
Who said that if you leave a bank job because Syedna told you, you will come out to be financially prosperous. The chances are you will be financial ruined. The Syedna does not tell people to leave bank jobs because they will be the richer for it but because it is Haram.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:54 am

Pro...
because it is Haram.
But it is okay to advertise about 15% interest on Bombay Paint and Chemical (posted some where on this forum from a relative of Syedna, possibly brother in law)

aftabm

Unread post by aftabm » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:01 pm

Everything is ok, as long as you pay your dues(Read Wajebat) on time. In God They Trust, Rest all must pay Cash.

Regal

Unread post by Regal » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:53 pm

if banks are haraam then why is it on saifee mahal premises? so long as a business pays you money it makes no matter if its haraam or halal yeah?

a momin from my building used to work in a bank as cashier i think. the bank was right next to my building. one day he got promoted, one the condition that he will transfer to another branch. The boss told him that all bohri employees of that branch were being transfered at the (secret) wish of the bohri aamil of my area and the reason was that the aamil and jamaat had accounts in that branch and didnot want any bohri working there so that their accounts are not discovered.

maybe saifuddin poonawala was told to leave for the same reason, so that the account of aamil remains secret. and maybe that is why bank jobs are haraam.

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:54 am

profastian wrote: Who said that if you leave a bank job because Syedna told you, you will come out to be financially prosperous. The chances are you will be financial ruined. The Syedna does not tell people to leave bank jobs because they will be the richer for it but because it is Haram.
Oh, you forget three major aspects of my post.
1. He left the job with instructions from the syedna. As shafeeq bawa, is it not the syedna's responsibility to ensure that his roohani farzando are taken care of, just as his jismani farzando are taken care of?
2. The business that he started was with the raza of the syedna. He failed. Did the ghaib-na- malik not know what was to happen? Does it not destroy the credibility of his divine knowledge and basis of all raza?
3. If banking is haram, then why was the allowed to start in the devdhi? Why has it still continued? Why is the jamaat still taking its rent?

There is another aspect to this whole episode. The founders of this bank were all bohras, who were members of the jamaat then and it was started with the raza of the preceding syedna. Why was the raza then given? Was it not haram then? In this matter the syedna cannot plead ignorance. Does it mean that haram and halal are concepts to be used conveniently?