Ejamaat control over bohras

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
londonwala

Ejamaat control over bohras

Unread post by londonwala » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:33 am

I am rather concerned about the control of ejamaat over us bohras. Dawat has for a long time been a government within a government, where bohras, wherever they live, have their own system of taxes, obtaining permission, etc. But the arrival of ejamaat, with its identity cards, biometric photographs, and the way it records all our personal details, is very worrying. They want to control every aspect of our lives. I am also worried about the protection of the information they hold. In UK (and presumably most other countries) there are data protection laws that large organisations must abide by. But I doubt that ejamaat cares about this. I do not have confidence that the information held about me and my family members is secure.

incredible

Re: Ejamaat control over bohras

Unread post by incredible » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:22 am

there is no religion on planet who keeps such tight grip on there followers.its kind of pocking nose in every affair of individual in the community with his permission or not.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:50 am

Check out Sciencetology and Mormons

brain_dead

Unread post by brain_dead » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:34 am

I have started receiving "news" from all bohra websites and even get an occasional SMS . so much for privacy I have this nagging feeling that these ejamaat guys are selling the data to marketing companies albeit bohri companies

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:13 pm

With every advance in technology, you can count on sinister forces to take advantage of it and use it for their own benefit. The same is happening here. Welcome to the Burhani Cult Inc. The Big Brother, the Kothar, is watching you. It has always been watching you but now the noose is getting tighter.

But why are you guys complaining? Didn't you voluntarily submit your personal information? Every time you give in to the unreasonable demand of authority - be it wajebat or personal info - you encourage it to make more demands on you. The Kothar will screw you if you allow yourself to be screwed. Unless you say no and begin to put down your foot nothing is going to change. Of course, I understand your predicament and am aware that you're in no mood to be lectured, but shouldn't you have seen this coming? The Kothar - this bureaucracy of Mullahs - is an evil organisation. As long as you are associated with it nothing of yours is safe. Remember, things can only get worse.

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:22 pm

brain_dead wrote:I have started receiving "news" from all bohra websites and even get an occasional SMS . so much for privacy I have this nagging feeling that these ejamaat guys are selling the data to marketing companies albeit bohri companies
mobile numbers are sold to companies.(but mostly are bohri companies)

Husain taher

Unread post by Husain taher » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:09 pm

whoever raises his voice is going to be crushed under the stinking feet of kothar..

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:58 pm

Husain taher wrote:whoever raises his voice is going to be crushed under the stinking feet of kothar..
Thank you Husain taher for admitting this. Your frankness is refreshing. The other abde apologists must learn something from you. Now just watch how they will advise you - and send private messages - asking you to shut up, and not to talk about such things among "dushmono". Please don't fall for their pressure tactics. It's enough that they harass and humiliate in the jamat, here you're free to say what you want. Nobody is watching you here. So, don't be intimidated.

Regarding the Kothar crushing dissidence, you're exactly right. But we have to realise that at some point we'll have to raise our voices. Do you want your children to suffer the same fate as you have? I do not know how much more Bohras can suffer before they find the courage to speak up. As an individual you'll be crushed. As a group you have a better chance. I'm sure you're not the only person who thinks this way, so to talk to like-minded people - friends and family - and do something about the stinking situation. Remember, it doesn't have to be this way. We can change things around. Look at Tunisa - the people raised their voices and got rid of a brutal dictatorship. Compared to that, the Kothar is small patotes - although much more evil and insidious. It's time this evil and illegitimate dictatorship of Mullahs is crushed.

Husain taher

Unread post by Husain taher » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:07 am

i m against the mullas who behave like VVIP's.. But our dai is a gud person.. You all should accept it

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:10 pm

Yes, the Dai is a good person. But what is the point if he can't control the mullahs who behave like jerks. Either he is not in control or he allows mullahs to behave like jerks. You decide.

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:51 pm

londonwala..yes there are laws and when I read the one in Australia it puts the onus on the members to raise the issue with the authorities and seek formal responses..the governemnt cannot police all private information collection

Can the UK progressive Bohras who have been asked to provide ejamat information raise a complaint and register their concerns. Be mindful members can be denied services if they don not have ejamaat cards or information and there is nothing the governemnt can do to force jamaats to provide services. So be careful

incredible

Unread post by incredible » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:36 pm

Husain taher wrote:i m against the mullas who behave like VVIP's.. But our dai is a gud person.. You all should accept it
what makes present DAI a good person? apart from his brain washing bayans which are written by some excellent paid orators to bind people emotionally,what else is islamic about the present DAI?

I will be more then glad if some body can point me to some good action of present DAI.

aziz

Unread post by aziz » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:09 am

so moron why the do you want to be a part of us dawoodi bohras as you said before join somebody else and burn their house down with your fraustrations,i believe you had 4 choices use them wisely before you die,

you are the hypocrate of the worst kind having no stand or principle what so ever,you dawoodi bohra dai without whom youcannot be a dawoodi bohra,you hate other muslim sects as well when it suits you .you ask questions with childish naivety when it suits ,and now when you are failing in collage as well you have come with our frautrated house wife posts,,
you have aproblem with everything a dawoodi bohra does so **** and leave us alone then

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:25 am

aziz wrote:so moron why the do you want to be a part of us dawoodi bohras as you said before join somebody else and burn their house down with your fraustrations,i believe you had 4 choices use them wisely before you die,

you are the hypocrate of the worst kind having no stand or principle what so ever,you dawoodi bohra dai without whom youcannot be a dawoodi bohra,you hate other muslim sects as well when it suits you .you ask questions with childish naivety when it suits ,and now when you are failing in collage as well you have come with our frautrated house wife posts,,
you have aproblem with everything a dawoodi bohra does so **** and leave us alone then
Don't be too angry aziz.. He is a schizo. can't help himself.. :mrgreen:

needtobefair

Unread post by needtobefair » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:57 am

Hi,
I am new to this forum and do hope you guys can clarify a problem that im being harassed with. Mine is an interfaith marriage with a Bohra. We've made it clear that i will not follow the bohra faiths/customs etc etc and the Bohra wedding was held purely to satisfy the community. Apart from this i steer clear from the community. After the Bohra wedding we also held a wedding in my faith. I am being harrassed to provide a photograph of mine for these ejamaat cards. I have firmly declined. Not having this card doesnt affect me. But, I keep getting different info on the consequences that my husbands family will face by me not getting this done. Please let me know your thoughts, coz as far i know my husbands family pay huge sums of tax to the community and since the community thrives on the taxes paid by the members, they wouldnt not want to have them as part of the community. Do all the different Muslims sects have these sort of cards? Please explain what these cards are going to be used for apart from just tracking the amount of inflow of money and the consequences of me not getting one.
Thank you.

Regal

Unread post by Regal » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:55 am

Do all the different Muslims sects have these sort of cards?
No. as far as I know the bohras are the only sect.
Please explain what these cards are going to be used for apart from just tracking the amount of inflow of money and the consequences of me not getting one.
There will be no consequence on you as you are not part of the community, but worst case scenario is that your husband will get excommunicated. If his family even talks with him, they get excommunicated aswell.

As I see it, if your husband is getting the card, nothing bad will come out of you getting one aswell. You wont be giving them any new info as your husband already gave innit.

Can you tell us what threats you have been getting from the card-makers?

needtobefair

Unread post by needtobefair » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:27 am

I have not received any threats just mental harassment. Hopefully i wont in the future as well.
cant a husband have his own card indepedant of his wife? is my husband's father's card also dependant on me?
i assume if they really need it.. they might just end up morphing some picture of mine.

leila

Unread post by leila » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:29 am

needtobefair wrote:Hi,
I am new to this forum and do hope you guys can clarify a problem that im being harassed with. Mine is an interfaith marriage with a Bohra. We've made it clear that i will not follow the bohra faiths/customs etc etc and the Bohra wedding was held purely to satisfy the community. Apart from this i steer clear from the community. After the Bohra wedding we also held a wedding in my faith. I am being harrassed to provide a photograph of mine for these ejamaat cards. I have firmly declined. Not having this card doesnt affect me. But, I keep getting different info on the consequences that my husbands family will face by me not getting this done. Please let me know your thoughts, coz as far i know my husbands family pay huge sums of tax to the community and since the community thrives on the taxes paid by the members, they wouldnt not want to have them as part of the community. Do all the different Muslims sects have these sort of cards? Please explain what these cards are going to be used for apart from just tracking the amount of inflow of money and the consequences of me not getting one.
Thank you.

If i am not wrong,according to bohra faith ur marriage is not accepted as u havent convert to bohris.according to bohra jurisdiction your marriage is haraam.because you dont belive in DAI
Last edited by leila on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

needtobefair

Unread post by needtobefair » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:29 am

Also, please tell me what these cards are used for. are they like swipe cards to track entry and exit to the mosque?

needtobefair

Unread post by needtobefair » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:44 am

We did have a proper bohri wedding with the works, just like any other bohri would, So yes, it is considered real for your community. For my husband and I, it was something that needed to be done to avoid problem from the community. besides that, i have no affiliation towards to the community. Thats precisely why we had 2 weddings. one for his community and one for mine.
My post over here is not to decide whether our marriage is considered valid or not, or whether i believe in the Dai or not. I know alot of Bohras who do not believe in the Dai but complete all their formalities towards the community as it gives them an identity.
My post here is only to find out what these cards are meant for.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:34 am

Needtofair
Can you please tell us what community you belong to:
There are many cases where one member married outside Muslim Community and to make parents happy the other side took Misaq(he/she didnot understand a single word)and got Nikkah performed, the other party came once or twice to Markaz and then the converted party went back to their jolly way and the Bohra party keeps on coming to Markaz. As I understand since Salat Ul Fitra is paid for entire family and Wajebaats are given, there does NOT seem to be any problem
The worst they can do is deny Burial Rituals by the local Aamil since the offending party refused to come to every function
(THE REASON I USED HIS/HER SINCE THERE ARE 4-5 CASES LOCALLY WITH BOYS AND GIRLS MARRYING NOT ONLY OUTSIDE BOHRAISM BUT OUTSIDE ISLAM?
Fortunately these couples are still happily married with children

needtobefair

Unread post by needtobefair » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:24 am

I'm a Hindu. And yes, I did have the Misaaq. Nothing made sense i was just told to say Naam ( if remember correctly) whenever the priest told me to. That was it.
After that we had we had the bohri nikaah. Then a Hindu wedding ceremony.

needtobefair

Unread post by needtobefair » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:26 am

regarding the taxes, i have no clue and i dont get involved in it. but i do know for sure that they pay huge amounts. How much?? i dont know.

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:39 am

neettobefair, noboby outside the Bohra leaders no why this sudden urgency to update the ejamaat cards.Some smart ass zada must have thought of picking a pirated relational database and want to analyse their cows and hens so that they know how much to milk and farm.

If your husband loves you ignore haram and other stuff and in this 21st century he would let you practise your individual faith.

If you are in a western country then they cannot force you to give private information or photos, you can privately report the jamaat to the authorities.

If you are in Midde eats India or Africa you are stuffed.

needtobefair

Unread post by needtobefair » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:45 am

i'm in india.
No one seems to have my question on whats the cards are for? tracking regular mosque goers? if so how?
BTW.. if we have kids.. they are not going to be Bohri.

leila

Unread post by leila » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:05 am

ozmujaheed wrote:neettobefair, noboby outside the Bohra leaders no why this sudden urgency to update the ejamaat cards.Some smart ass zada must have thought of picking a pirated relational database and want to analyse their cows and hens so that they know how much to milk and farm.

If your husband loves you ignore haram and other stuff and in this 21st century he would let you practise your individual faith.

If you are in a western country then they cannot force you to give private information or photos, you can privately report the jamaat to the authorities.

If you are in Midde eats India or Africa you are stuffed.

21st century does not mean to forget shariyah of prophet Muhammed....this guy must be not aware that is haraam to marry a idol worshipper.that doesnt means islam allows this marriage.she has not accepted oneness of god dont even understand basic of islaam yet given misaaq and said naam without even understanding what it means.all the gunah goes to one who took such misaaq without giving the proper information about islaam and deen.

asif786

Unread post by asif786 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:30 am

:D Admin good work of deleting muslim first post cheers

needtobefair

Unread post by needtobefair » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:38 am

Leila,
I'm sorry, but i fail to understand how you can find me at fault here? i never did this because i wanted to, i was forced to. The bohra community is far from welcoming to outsiders unless and until one succumbs to what they say. This was the only way out for us get married without his family being harrassed. They make you sign unjust and unfair documents where you are forced to say yes to pledgeing even your last drop of blood to your Dai. Dont you find that against your faith? its against everybody's faith. No one can excercise this power over another human being.
I did not get onto this forum to have a debate on your religion. but i think its common sense that helps in differenciating right from wrong and no man living in the lap of luxury has the right to force anyone into giving him everything i have in the event of something going wrong in my marriage. Like he doesnt have enough already! I respect Islam as religion because its the only religion where only God exsists. No saints.. no one in between.No 40 million different versions of Him. Just one God. Thats a beauty of Islam. All religions preach tolerance and respect but i have never seen or felt that in the Bohri community. Mind you, i'm not talking of Islam at all.

I only came here to find out about the cards and had simple questions, since my husband and i have struggled enough to get where we are and want to continue being happy.Also, i dont think that "this guy must be not aware that is haraam to marry a idol worshipper" is right to be said, every Bohri house is plastered with your Dai's phtographs. whats the difference if i pray to sai baba(which i dont) and you to the Dai? Both are pretty wealthy and good at conning people into giving them their money.

Again, i want to make it clear that i have not meant too offend anyones sentiments. I came to get doubts clarfied, and Leila, instead of doing that you have just like that rest of the Bohris, treated me like an outsider and an outcast.

Thankyou to those who have tried to help out, i appreciate it.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:09 am

Leila
If I am not wrong, according to bohra faith your marriage is not accepted as u haven’t converted to Bohris (faith). According to Bohra jurisdiction your marriage is haraam. Because you don’t believe in DAI
needtobefair
We did have a proper bohri wedding with the works, just like any other bohri would, so yes, it is considered real for your community.
Needtobefair

A believing Muslim will not marry a Idolater, He can only marry Ahle-Kitab woman. So both of you lied when you converted to Bohra faith in order to get married, and he partook in a Hindu marriage ceremony.

You and your husband need to decide which religion you want to follow and raise your kids into it ( Or no religion). Ignore his family and ignore the Kothar.

Other sects of Islam do not keep tab on their followers.

Peace and good luck

Admin

You need to inform me what is in my post you find it offensive

needtobefair

Unread post by needtobefair » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:15 am

Muslim First,

My husband hardly believes in religion.