NASS CONFERRED

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
DMY

Re: NASS CONFERRED

Unread post by DMY » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:10 am

Going thru some old posts on the board it seems this episode was predicted here well in advance. Refer back to the Taizoon Shakir episode where it was speculated that Muffadal BS wud be the next dai and that is exactly what has happened.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Bothers Aqs, Profastian, Porus

When I heard about nass been conferred on Shahzada Muffadal bhaisaheb, I just took it literally. meanwhile I got a message from london, that syedna saheb has suffered a stroke and his condition is emergent. Again I got an email yesterday that he is being flown out of london.

My sources told me that Syedna saheb is under intensive care and his condition remains same.
As other contributor here have raised some valid questions.
Nass is the most important function of Dai, it is like an amanat from Imam, which has to be carefully handed over to right person in accordance with imam's ilham.
Syedna in his fragile condition chooses hospital bed in london, the witnesses are only his sons and Dr. Idris Bhai saheb. Stranger and others validly pointed out If Syedna wanted to confer nass, he could have done it on many occassion, as recent as Syedna Qutbuddin Shahedd urs majlis.
Now here the narration that three shahzadas presented sharbat to Syedna Saheb and did qadambosi. A person having suffered stroke is most likely on intervenous feeding during first few days, and usually is not allowed oral feeding. I talked to a doctor, he also thought so.
well it is not for me to decide, only God knows the truth.

If everyone agrees, I will just go along.

labbaikyaHussain

Unread post by labbaikyaHussain » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:38 pm

I pray to Allah that syedna is healthy and not in some serious condition.but i must say he took too long to announced this important message.things would be much clearer and easy.

we shia already have an example of ahlul bayt that how an issue of NASS created big rift in ISLAM.

Safiuddin

Unread post by Safiuddin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Accountability,
Patients who suffer strokes typically experience one of two types: a hemmorhagic stroke,
caused by bleeding in the brain, or an occlusive stroke, caused by an arterial blockage to the brain. The treatment depends on the underlying etiology
of the stroke. If Burhanuddin's condition is emergent, and he is in intensive care, chances are that he is NOT conscious - and he is probably on ventilator support, which would render him speechless and most certainly heavily sedated. Depending upon the location in the brain of the stroke, he may not be able to swallow, talk, move parts of his body, etc. Taking anything orally, including sherbet, would be contraindicated. A patient in this state will require IV fluids, meds, etc.

If his condition is NOT emergent, and (as the websites say - he had only a mild stroke) he is alert, awake, and talking, then he may be outside of an ICU unit. There has been speculation that he is being moved to Mumbai - if this is the case, then he is most certainly not conscious, otherwise why move him? They may fear that he will pass away in London, and if so, burial in Mumbai might not be possible.
I'm certain that he has suffered a massive stroke - and has lost quite a good deal of functionality/capability - and this is why he is being taken to Mumbai.
In this case, I'm doubtful that he would have had the capacity to decide the issue of his successor.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:28 pm

safiuddin. exactly what you said. I am told that his condition remains the same. Mumineen.org and malumaat.com is controlled by shahzadas.
Mazoon saheb and Mukasir saheb have to wiegh in. Mazoon saheb may not be in good terms with 1st family, but mukasir saheb is very much with them, for this important announcement, syedna saheb would not call mukasir saheb to be witness.
things are not adding up. I am only worreid that if syedna saheb is in a condition where he is not able to determine what is going on, and this is decided by his sons to proclaim nass on one of the brothers, it will not be a good omen for dawat. Let us hope that syedna saheb gets well soon and he takes the matter from thereon.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:23 pm

Unless and until the dai doesnt make a public announcement, the issue of nass is going to be embroiled in controversies. Whatever be the truth but the fact of the matter is that bohras worldwide have digested the circumstances surrounding the issuance of nass.

As the saying goes... "History repeats itself" which is the case here. The elderly ones on this forum will recollect that during the current dai's tenure, the most powerful person was Yusuf Najmuddin and that he had a vice like grip over the dawaat matters and even on the current dai. He was the one who actually called the shots. The same is likely to be repeated with Mufaddalbhai saab because Yusuf Najmuddin's dreaded, ruthless, arrogant and master extortionist son, syedul kher happens to be his saala (brother-in-law). So bohras be prepared for another round of exploitation carried out by the ruthless kher in the name of his banevi, Mufaddalbhai. The insiders will also confirm the arrogance of the future 'busaheba' i.e. zohra-tus-sharaf, the wife of Mufaddalbhai. She is known to be extremely rude, arrogant and treats the bohra ladies (the poor ones) in an inhuman manner. What more can be expected of the siblings of late Yusuf Najmuddin who was well known for his rude and harsh behaviour.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:58 pm

View the photos below and you will see that in none of them, qaid zohar is seen smiling or even making an attempt to smile although the occassion is a very happy one i.e. announcing the nass of his brother..... GRAPES ARE SOUR :D :D

http://akhbar.mumineen.org/2011/06/06/p ... in-london/

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:49 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:Unless and until the dai doesnt make a public announcement, the issue of nass is going to be embroiled in controversies. Whatever be the truth but the fact of the matter is that bohras worldwide have digested the circumstances surrounding the issuance of nass.

As the saying goes... "History repeats itself" which is the case here. The elderly ones on this forum will recollect that during the current dai's tenure, the most powerful person was Yusuf Najmuddin and that he had a vice like grip over the dawaat matters and even on the current dai. He was the one who actually called the shots. The same is likely to be repeated with Mufaddalbhai saab because Yusuf Najmuddin's dreaded, ruthless, arrogant and master extortionist son, syedul kher happens to be his saala (brother-in-law). So bohras be prepared for another round of exploitation carried out by the ruthless kher in the name of his banevi, Mufaddalbhai. The insiders will also confirm the arrogance of the future 'busaheba' i.e. zohra-tus-sharaf, the wife of Mufaddalbhai. She is known to be extremely rude, arrogant and treats the bohra ladies (the poor ones) in an inhuman manner. What more can be expected of the siblings of late Yusuf Najmuddin who was well known for his rude and harsh behaviour.
She is exactly the way you have describe her and everyone knows about it .. The future is looking very bright for the abdes,, and the thought of this, really puts a big smile on my face :D .. and they deserve every bit of it, if not more.. hihi :mrgreen:

royal family rocks :wink:

voice

Unread post by voice » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:25 pm

"one of Syedi Mufaddal Bhaisaheb’s TUS shaan is that he was born on laylatul qadr".

If all works well for this plan than lets feel relaxed that atleast grand birthday celebrations will be a history.
Bohras will miss processions, darees, fakhra food during fasting of Ramadhan. :lol:

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:54 am

You guys are coming up with such utter rubbish, because you have no idea of how dawat and the process of selecting a Mansoos and Nass works.
Its not like DAI receives Ilham from Imam out of the blue and just declares Nus. As I have pointed out, you cannot become a DAI in a day(magically). Its a long process and a DAI needs to be trained for a long period. Keeping this training secret is almost impossible, so the people close to the DAI(his family and hudood) always have a fairly good idea who the Mansoos is gonna be. It is never a 2 or 3 horse race as you guys have been making it out to be(unless the DAI is training multiple people for the seat of DAWAT as was the case with Syedna Abde Ali Saifuddin). The process of Nass is just a tradition, and Saturday was more of a 'Nass nu Zahir karwoo' rather than 'Nass karwo'. Especially in the case of Maula Muffaddal, it was as clear as day for most Bohras who understood the process of Dawat. The signs were there for everyone to see. One case in point is myself and the people I know. We would have been aghast and almost disbelieving if it was anyone except him. Do you think it could have been anyone except Ali before Gadeer -a-khum? Rasullah just made the Nass common that day. Ali was the Mansoos long before that. Would the Shai have not followed Ali if Ghadeer hadn't happened?

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:14 am

Br. Profastian,

excellent post, you have aptly put my thoughts.

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:52 am

Brother Profastian.

This the true way of discussion and writing. I hope you would continue this and would not involve in name calling. I must say that I appreciate you logic.

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:59 am

There was no naas this is a scam junk mail type very soon abdes will be saying mafi and retaking the misaqs. Just like mazoon scandal in 80s

Baskin

Unread post by Baskin » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:18 am

ozmujaheed wrote:There was no naas this is a scam junk mail type very soon abdes will be saying mafi and retaking the misaqs. Just like mazoon scandal in 80s
no worries... it hurts when things don't go the way you wish... get well soon...

porus

Unread post by porus » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:20 am

Logic really has nothing to do with this. If everyone already 'knew' it would be Muffadal bhai Saheb for a 'long time' including presumably the Dai himself, surely the latter could have followed his father's footsteps and declared it openly. They are both quite old people. I remember madehs in which both Sayedna Taher Saifuddin and Sayedna Muhammad Burhanuddin have been praised together. This was during the reign of the 51st Dai. So, the question as to why Sayedna did not declare nass long ago will fester.

If Mufaddal bhai Saheb had been specially trained by Sayedna to be his successor then clearly he must have been doing that too for a long time. This is why it is appropriate to bring the issue of ilham from Imam in the discussion. In a previous disussion with brother aqs I had asked if the issue of 'ilham from Imam' is described in the Da'awat's literature. He wrote that that is indeed the case but has been described obliquely.

aqs wrote:@Incredible

this is unbecoming of you, do not get into speculations on which you dont have a say. Its not a Dai's decision but when Imam will do Ilham a successor will be chosen.
The above is from http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... ham#p70863
aqs wrote:
porus wrote:By the way, can you name an authentic book of Daawat which states that Imam communicates with the Dai through "ilhaam". I would prefer a book approved by an Imam but would accept an explanation by any Dai. Which book is it? Can you tell? Or is it one of those that Daawat cannot reveal?
you will find reference to the topic in Ziaul Ulum and Ziaul Uqul but i dont think its a direct reference. it depends on the interpreter or teacher how he teaches the topic.
This one is from http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... aam#p80672

Having said all this, this sort of discussion is impossible in Bohra circles away from this forum. A vote of thanks for the existence of these forums is in order.

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:59 am

Wierd information and news is arriving, I hope by the Friday everything will be clear.

labbaikyaHussain

Unread post by labbaikyaHussain » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:00 am

Hussain_KSA wrote:Wierd information and news is arriving, I hope by the Friday everything will be clear.

what news?

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:25 am

Hussain_KSA wrote:Wierd information and news is arriving, I hope by the Friday everything will be clear.
what ?

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:35 am

Your attempt at intrigue is laughably childish :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:41 am

porus wrote:Logic really has nothing to do with this. If everyone already 'knew' it would be Muffadal bhai Saheb for a 'long time' including presumably the Dai himself, surely the latter could have followed his father's footsteps and declared it openly. They are both quite old people. I remember madehs in which both Sayedna Taher Saifuddin and Sayedna Muhammad Burhanuddin have been praised together. This was during the reign of the 51st Dai. So, the question as to why Sayedna did not declare nass long ago will fester.
This point is the matter of belief. The Haq na sahab cannot die before appointing his successor. This is an article of Bohra faith. From the point of the outsiders, the DAI may have been taking a huge chance by waiting so long, but for us this is not an issue. (And guess what the DAI didn't pass away before the declaration, did he?)

brain_dead

Unread post by brain_dead » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:57 am

nothing is going to come about this wortless discussion this is just the proverbial storm in a tea cup.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:58 am

The Dai took such a long time because he thought he was going to live "Ta Qayamat" or whatever. He had no clue that the dua of so many abdes is going to be worthless!!!

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:04 am

anajmi wrote:The Dai took such a long time because he thought he was going to live "Ta Qayamat" or whatever. He had no clue that the dua of so many abdes is going to be worthless!!!
How do you know? Maybe he is gonna live "Ta Qayamat" .

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:19 am

In a hundred years, he's got a bent neck and a failing heart. Imaging what his state will be if he were to live "Ta Qayamat"!!

Here is proof that your Dai will not live till "Ta Qayamat"

YUSUFALI: Every soul shall have a taste of death in the end to Us shall ye be brought back.
PICKTHAL: Every soul will taste of death. Then unto Us ye will be returned.
SHAKIR: Every soul must taste of death, then to Us you shall be brought back.

YUSUFALI: Truly thou wilt die (one day), and truly they (too) will die (one day).
PICKTHAL: Lo! thou wilt die, and lo! they will die;
SHAKIR: Surely you shall die and they (too) shall surely die.

YUSUFALI: Say: "The Angel of Death, put in charge of you, will (duly) take your souls: then shall ye be brought back to your Lord."
PICKTHAL: Say: The angel of death, who hath charge concerning you, will gather you, and afterward unto your Lord ye will be returned.
SHAKIR: Say: The angel of death who is given charge of you shall cause you to die, then to your Lord you shall be brought back.

YUSUFALI: All that is on earth will perish:
PICKTHAL: Everyone that is thereon will pass away;
SHAKIR: Everyone on it must pass away.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:31 am

profastian wrote:
anajmi wrote:The Dai took such a long time because he thought he was going to live "Ta Qayamat" or whatever. He had no clue that the dua of so many abdes is going to be worthless!!!
How do you know? Maybe he is gonna live "Ta Qayamat" .
Maybe Qayamat is going to be tonight... (There is a difference between Qiyamat and forever)

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:41 am

I am sure that you are not as stupid as you sound (or maybe you are). Didn't your Dai teach you about the appearance of the Imam before Qayamat? Did you just flush all his teachings down the toilet? Besides, as per the word of Allah, only Allah has knowledge about the when the day will appear and your Dai's stroke is not amongst the signs of Qayamat!!

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:45 am

Profastian: People on this borad has all the ideas how dawat runs, not actually how dawat is run administratively but theologically. You have been here for some times. You should appreciate the level of knowledge about fatimi, mustaali, tayebi, dawoodi doctorine, some on this board have.

They are not only well versed with religious knowledge but very educated in contemperory knowledge. When I said, that Imam's ilham is pre requisite for nass, I was quoting Syedna Saheb. I have heard him say that. Two years ago in mumbai waaz, he said that Dai will pass on dawat to next Dai with Imam's Ilham.

Dai will pass on dawat to next dai, keeping in view Imam's ilham and qualities laid out by previous dais. Dai again is in continuation of precedence before him. He is not dai in air. Though in imam's seclusion He yields his authoriy from precedence and literature left by dawat's pioneer.

Daim ul Islam is one such book. You are well aware of others. Let me put it here, so that you know that we have ideas.

Books and Risaal that Dai refers to

Kitab-ul-Iydhah,
Mukhtasar-ul-Iydhah, written by the farman of Imam Mehdi (A.S.)
Al-Akhbar fil Fiqh, in 13 sections
Mukhtasar-ul-Aasaar
Daim-ul-Islam, volumes 1 and 2
Minhaaj-ul-Fara'iz
Al Iqtisaar
Al Arjuzatul Muntakhabah
Al Ittifaaq wal Iftiraaq, containing 140 sections
Al Muqtasar, which is a short version of Al Ittifaq wal Iftiraq'
Kitab-ul-Yanbu',
Sherhul Akhbar, separated into 16 sections
Qaseeda Zaat-ul-Mahn, regarding Dajjaal' incidents
Qaseeda Zaat-ul-Minan, zikr of Imam Moiz's Barakaat
Kitabo Manaqib-e-Bani Hashim wa Mathalib-e-Bani Umaiyyah, written during the reign of Imam Moiz
Iftitah-ud-Dawat, written about the Zuhur in West Africa in 346 h.
Taaweel-ud-Daim, 16 sections
Asaas-ut-Taaweel, Taaweel of the lives of Prophets
At-Tawheed wal Imaamat, taken from Nahjul-Balaaghah
Ithbaat-ul Haqaaiq fi Ma'refat-e Tawheed-il Khaaliq
Kitabo Hudud-il Ma'refat fi Tafseeril Quran wat-Tanbeeh-e alat-Taaweel,17 sections
Kitab fil Imaamat, 4 sections
Ikhtilaaf-o Usul-il Mazaahib, 2 sections, regarding the philosophy of disagreement
Nahj-us-Sabeel ila Ma'refat-e Ilm-it-Taaweel, 2 sections
Kitabo Ibadat-e Yawmin wa Lail
Kitab-ut-Tahaarat, which has 3 sections: Tahaarat, Salaat, and Janaaiz
Qaseeda-tul Mukhtaar
Kitab-ul Himmah fi Aadaab-e Atba'il Aimmat, in two sections
Ar-Risalat-il Misriyyah fir-radd-e alash-Shafiee
Kitab-ur-radd-e an Ahmed Sareej Al-Baghdaadee, 2 sections
Risaalat Zaatul-Bayaan fir-radde ala ibne Qateebah
Damigh-ul Mujiz fir-radde alal Atqaa
Kitaab-ud-Dua, in two sections
Kitaab-ul Huly was-Siyaab
Kitaab-ush-Shurut
Kitabo Manaamaatil Aimmat
Kitabo Taawil-ir Ru'yah
Kitab-ut Tafri-it-Ta'neefe leman lam ya'lamil Ilma wa yataghatat-Ta'neef
Kitabo Kaifiyat-is-Salaat-e alan-Nabi
Tarbiyatil Momin, a letter to the Dai of Misr
Kitab-ut Ta'aqub wal Inqiyaad
Kitab-ul Majaalis wal Musairaat wal Mawaaqif wat-Tawqeefaat, 4 sections
Ma'alim-ul Huda, a collection of examples, lessons and teachings
Mafaateehun-Naemat
Kitab-ul Huruf
Kitabo Muwazat-it-Taaweel,
syedna Hatim's book Tuhfatul Qulub also deal with this subject.

DMY

Unread post by DMY » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:56 am

accountability wrote:Profastian: People on this borad has all the ideas how dawat runs, not actually how dawat is run administratively but theologically. You have been here for some times. You should appreciate the level of knowledge about fatimi, mustaali, tayebi, dawoodi doctorine, some on this board have.

They are not only well versed with religious knowledge but very educated in contemperory knowledge. When I said, that Imam's ilham is pre requisite for nass, I was quoting Syedna Saheb. I have heard him say that. Two years ago in mumbai waaz, he said that Dai will pass on dawat to next Dai with Imam's Ilham.

Dai will pass on dawat to next dai, keeping in view Imam's ilham and qualities laid out by previous dais. Dai again is in continuation of precedence before him. He is not dai in air. Though in imam's seclusion He yields his authoriy from precedence and literature left by dawat's pioneer.

Daim ul Islam is one such book. You are well aware of others. Let me put it here, so that you know that we have ideas.

Books and Risaal that Dai refers to

Kitab-ul-Iydhah,
Mukhtasar-ul-Iydhah, written by the farman of Imam Mehdi (A.S.)
Al-Akhbar fil Fiqh, in 13 sections
Mukhtasar-ul-Aasaar
Daim-ul-Islam, volumes 1 and 2
Minhaaj-ul-Fara'iz
Al Iqtisaar
Al Arjuzatul Muntakhabah
Al Ittifaaq wal Iftiraaq, containing 140 sections
Al Muqtasar, which is a short version of Al Ittifaq wal Iftiraq'
Kitab-ul-Yanbu',
Sherhul Akhbar, separated into 16 sections
Qaseeda Zaat-ul-Mahn, regarding Dajjaal' incidents
Qaseeda Zaat-ul-Minan, zikr of Imam Moiz's Barakaat
Kitabo Manaqib-e-Bani Hashim wa Mathalib-e-Bani Umaiyyah, written during the reign of Imam Moiz
Iftitah-ud-Dawat, written about the Zuhur in West Africa in 346 h.
Taaweel-ud-Daim, 16 sections
Asaas-ut-Taaweel, Taaweel of the lives of Prophets
At-Tawheed wal Imaamat, taken from Nahjul-Balaaghah
Ithbaat-ul Haqaaiq fi Ma'refat-e Tawheed-il Khaaliq
Kitabo Hudud-il Ma'refat fi Tafseeril Quran wat-Tanbeeh-e alat-Taaweel,17 sections
Kitab fil Imaamat, 4 sections
Ikhtilaaf-o Usul-il Mazaahib, 2 sections, regarding the philosophy of disagreement
Nahj-us-Sabeel ila Ma'refat-e Ilm-it-Taaweel, 2 sections
Kitabo Ibadat-e Yawmin wa Lail
Kitab-ut-Tahaarat, which has 3 sections: Tahaarat, Salaat, and Janaaiz
Qaseeda-tul Mukhtaar
Kitab-ul Himmah fi Aadaab-e Atba'il Aimmat, in two sections
Ar-Risalat-il Misriyyah fir-radd-e alash-Shafiee
Kitab-ur-radd-e an Ahmed Sareej Al-Baghdaadee, 2 sections
Risaalat Zaatul-Bayaan fir-radde ala ibne Qateebah
Damigh-ul Mujiz fir-radde alal Atqaa
Kitaab-ud-Dua, in two sections
Kitaab-ul Huly was-Siyaab
Kitaab-ush-Shurut
Kitabo Manaamaatil Aimmat
Kitabo Taawil-ir Ru'yah
Kitab-ut Tafri-it-Ta'neefe leman lam ya'lamil Ilma wa yataghatat-Ta'neef
Kitabo Kaifiyat-is-Salaat-e alan-Nabi
Tarbiyatil Momin, a letter to the Dai of Misr
Kitab-ut Ta'aqub wal Inqiyaad
Kitab-ul Majaalis wal Musairaat wal Mawaaqif wat-Tawqeefaat, 4 sections
Ma'alim-ul Huda, a collection of examples, lessons and teachings
Mafaateehun-Naemat
Kitab-ul Huruf
Kitabo Muwazat-it-Taaweel,
syedna Hatim's book Tuhfatul Qulub also deal with this subject.

absolutely smashin!! I dint even know that so many books and such knowledge existed. Well by our standards, I am not ready to be imparted such knowledge... right?

porus

Unread post by porus » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:59 am

accountability,

Thank you for a very informative post. You rightly emphasize the issue of Imamuz Zamaan in nass. This is the official announcement of nass from Wazaratus Saifiyya. It states that the announcement was made with the "Hawl and quwwat" ("Strength and Power") of Imamuz Zamaan.

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:11 pm

Porus: It did not say with raza and ilham of Imam uz zaman. Had Syedna Saheb announced it himself, he would certainly refer to imam uz zaman's raza. Now that Syedna saheb is indisposed, with whose raza this dawat e hadiya communique is issued. It is million dollar question.

Having said this, I have every intention to follow the same religion I am born to. I have time and again said that our religion is "a" religion like any other, and if we are to follow a religion, let it be the one we are accustomed to socially.
On the other hand in this time and era, where information is rampant and technology is sky touching, old practices will be hard to accept, need for transparency, dignity and humanity is more so now than ever before.
For ordinary Bohras need one Dai, who pray for them, they can hang on to in case of trouble, or who can perform miracles.