All's Not Well In Every Bohra's Domestic Life.

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Bleak city: Jobless man kills parents

MUMBAI: In a grisly incident, a 57-year-old "jobless and depressed" man killed his parents, 88-year-old Nuruddin and 83-yearold Zubeida, in their first-floor flat at Manish Apartments, MIDC-Andheri , on Saturday.

Moiz Bharmal left behind a note owning responsibility, asking for forgiveness and stating that he was going to kill himself next. He also requested his son, employed with a BPO, to cremate his body.

The double murder was discovered only on Monday night after the building secretary noticed a stench emanating from the Bharmals' apartment.

The signed note left behind by Moiz said: "I want to be cremated and not buried. I am of sound mind and I am taking this step as I have no job and no prospects of one either. My life ahead looked very bleak, and I don't want to be a burden on anyone. My son and my family, please forgive me for what I am doing. I don't want to become like my father, dependent totally on his children, besides being mean and spiteful."

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... ble-murder

ghulam muhammed

Re: All's Not Well In Every Bohra's Domestic Life.

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:25 pm

'Depressed' man beat up parents, strangled them

MUMBAI: The postmortem report suggests that the "depressed" son, Moiz Bharmal, first beat up his aged parents and then strangled them to death at MIDC-Andheri, on July 16. The report also suggests that the son killed his father first.

A doctor stated that both bodies were decomposed and the killings were probably 48 hours before the police learned about the incident. He stated that the couple was strangled to death and there were injury marks on their bodies, which suggest that they were assaulted and then killed.

Nuruddin had injuries on the back of his head as the accused probably hit him or banged it on the ground while strangling him. In fact, Zubeida had more injuries, on her head and chest. The doctor said, "It seems the accused kicked or punched her and then strangled her."

Experts said Nuruddin was killed first and "the gap between the two deaths was not more than an hour".

A police officer said that there were no signs of struggle on the bodies, probably because of their decomposed state. "The couple was very old, so there is a rare possibility of them resisting the killer," said the officer.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 302659.cms

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Married thrice, 60-year-old man bars son from home

MUMBAI: A 69-year-old businessman, once widowed, twice divorced and not shy of marrying a fourth time, dragged his married son to court to have him thrown out of the house they share. The family drama played out at the city civil court. The father, Shabbir Motiwala, who runs a hardware business, claimed his son was "harassing" him and had made his life "miserable" since 2009.

The "stunned" son, 45-year-old Ammar, fought back saying his father had filed a "false and frivolous suit with an ulterior motive to marry a fourth time and exclusively enjoy the property". The property—two flats merged into one—is spread over a spacious 1,200 sq ft in Mazgaon's Jasmine building.

The city civil court last week favoured the father and restrained the son, his wife Umaima and their 17-year-old son from entering the flat till the matter remained pending. The father said he was the sole owner of the property. The son denied it saying it is actually an "ancestral house since it belonged to his paternal grandfather". It could be years before the suit is finally disposed of.

Restraining entry at the initial stage is "rather drastic and rare", said lawyers. But judge R R Deshmukh in his order observed that Motiwala senior had made out a prima facie case of being put to "irreparable loss" if his application were to get dismissed.

He also laid emphasis on the father's contentions made through his counsel Nusrat Shah that Ammar was "harassing him to have the flat transferred to his name" and that "strained relations had taken a toll on his health and made his life miserable". Motiwala, whose last divorce came about in 2007, said he suffered two heart attacks and underwent a bypass surgery last year due to the stress caused by his son. The father's friend, Mohammedi Khambhati, who resides in Colaba but has a shop next to his at Lohar Chawl, supported the complaints against Ammar. The court said Ammar had not filed a rebuttal against Khambati's affidavit.

But Ammar and his lawyer Neel Helekar denied everything the father said. "The relationship is not strained. He has only undergone an angioplasty. Ammar had taken him to the hospital and was there for his father. The Lohar Chawl shop is a rented one." Helekar also argued that the court could not completely bar entry into the house at an interim stage overnight, but the judge relied on judgments cited by Shah to say he could.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... first-wife

labbaikyaHussain

Unread post by labbaikyaHussain » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:30 am

DMY

Unread post by DMY » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:38 am

Yes all may not be well. But that could be the case anywhere else. Your point is?

accountability

Unread post by accountability » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:16 am

correct, that son could be a hindu, parsi, christian, jew. that father could be muslim, shia, agha khani. All is not well anywhere.