Food Service in Indore

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Muslim First
Posts: 6892
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2001 4:01 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#61

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:59 am

OzMujaheed and others who have been questioning motive of the scheme because in west its being supplied on one day of the week the only reason behind it can be that scheme should not look like its only for poor, providing tiffin to each and every one at the same time brings everyone under the same umbrella.
It would be better if food tiffins are sent to poor and shut inns. Reminder of money could be used to buy medicine, clothes etc. for poor.
Why do rich and middle need food from visi? I would rather eat Garam garam home cooked Khichdi and Khadi.

aqs
Posts: 848
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:42 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#62

Unread post by aqs » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:13 am

Muslim First wrote:
OzMujaheed and others who have been questioning motive of the scheme because in west its being supplied on one day of the week the only reason behind it can be that scheme should not look like its only for poor, providing tiffin to each and every one at the same time brings everyone under the same umbrella.
It would be better if food tiffins are sent to poor and shut inns. Reminder of money could be used to buy medicine, clothes etc. for poor.
Why do rich and middle need food from visi? I would rather eat Garam garam home cooked Khichdi and Khadi.

This is what i have been trying to explain that if food is only served to needy than it will change the whole outlook of the scheme, people who will receive the food will feel humiliated and belittled in a very small and close knit community.

And you can still enjoy your Garam garam home cooked Khichdi and Khadi as the service is generally for one time a day and in west probably once weekly.

ozmujaheed
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:14 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#63

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:19 am

No one has answered how the food can be called ale Muhammad's

Also rather then making up twisted stories...how does everyone in the west getting tifin help the Indian poor bohras

This is not looking for fault but can some make up their minds that be either be based on logic or faith...

aqs
Posts: 848
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:42 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#64

Unread post by aqs » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:28 am

ozmujaheed wrote:No one has answered how the food can be called ale Muhammad's

Also rather then making up twisted stories...how does everyone in the west getting tifin help the Indian poor bohras

This is not looking for fault but can some make up their minds that be either be based on logic or faith...

I dont know where this concept of Ale Mohammad's food came other wise i have only heard Ale Mohammad's Ilm, food is a new thing for me.

Scheme is very much based on logic and is supported by faith wherein our Imams and Dais have fed people, this scheme is in that line only.

and no one has forced any one to take the thali or tiffin, i for one still have not got and no one has bothered to ask me why.

SBM
Posts: 6229
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#65

Unread post by SBM » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:33 am

Welcome back Br Aqs
I just wanted to welcome you back and Inshallah will respond to your post in future

ozmujaheed
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:14 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#66

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:14 am

Aqs so you are implying feeding people who are not in need is a communal ritual rather then sawaab or Islamic tradition .

So the Amil who associated and spinned words using ale Muhammad should be disciplined ?

The reason I am getting stuck in this issue is it is based on a sinister reason and rather then calling it as is that is is a way to be treat and complement to keep people faithful, abdes are going around trying to find some Islamic , pious , charitable reason which keeps failing scrutiny. I think I have said enough on this matter. Good luck and enjoy your meals.

Fateh
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:25 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#67

Unread post by Fateh » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:20 am

aqs wrote:
ozmujaheed wrote:No one has answered how the food can be called ale Muhammad's

Also rather then making up twisted stories...how does everyone in the west getting tifin help the Indian poor bohras

This is not looking for fault but can some make up their minds that be either be based on logic or faith...

I dont know where this concept of Ale Mohammad's food came other wise i have only heard Ale Mohammad's Ilm, food is a new thing for me.

Scheme is very much based on logic and is supported by faith wherein our Imams and Dais have fed people, this scheme is in that line only.

and no one has forced any one to take the thali or tiffin, i for one still have not got and no one has bothered to ask me why.
sorry sir but in many cities of india if you refuse to take thali then janab not give raza ,its compulsory for mumin,this is for your kind information

AgnosticTheist
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:36 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#68

Unread post by AgnosticTheist » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:27 am

Fateh wrote: sorry sir but in many cities of india if you refuse to take thali then janab not give raza ,its compulsory for mumin,this is for your kind information
In our city, Amil sahab announced that if the green safai chitti holders do not subscribe to the scheme they will be demoted to a yellow safai chitti. Also if a member of any committee (jamaat, shabab, bunayaat, burhani etc.) do not subscribe, they will be removed from the committee. However, raza will continue.

So in a way 80% were forced to subscribe.

Muslim First
Posts: 6892
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2001 4:01 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#69

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:27 am

aqs
This is what i have been trying to explain that if food is only served to needy than it will change the whole outlook of the scheme, people who will receive the food will feel humiliated and belittled in a very small and close knit community.
If poor feel belittled then why not give them money to buy and cook their own food. Money can be given secretely.
Shut inns and sick ofcourse will not mind food delivery openly.

If food is deliverd to rich, what are their servents going to do? Will they layoff cooks?

Here in Boston state has very strong walfare system. Even parents of welloff are enrolled in free health care and get assistance check, They do not declare their assets in forign countries. Those who sponser them are no longer responsible after 5 years. A older couple I know has son living only 2 miles from Assisted apartment complex they live in. State provides them reduced rent including heating. They have cleaning crew visit once a week free and his wife receives care giver to assist in bathing and grooming. Now why Boston Jamaat needs this dabba scheme? Imagine cost of delivering Dabba to a momeen living 40 miles from Marqas?

Masajids in Boston area cook food and deliver to poor and shut-inns regardlees of their religion, why not join them?

Muslim First
Posts: 6892
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2001 4:01 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#70

Unread post by Muslim First » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:28 am

Duplicate
deleted

SBM
Posts: 6229
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#71

Unread post by SBM » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:32 am

Br MF
Some times giving money is being misused and knowing how Kothari Goons can take money in Salaams and Najwas even from poor it is better to help them directly with tuition-books-grocery and medication and their daily need with a small amount of cash to their discretionary expenses

Fateh
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:25 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#72

Unread post by Fateh » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:22 am

AgnosticTheist wrote:
Fateh wrote: sorry sir but in many cities of india if you refuse to take thali then janab not give raza ,its compulsory for mumin,this is for your kind information
In our city, Amil sahab announced that if the green safai chitti holders do not subscribe to the scheme they will be demoted to a yellow safai chitti. Also if a member of any committee (jamaat, shabab, bunayaat, burhani etc.) do not subscribe, they will be removed from the committee. However, raza will continue.

So in a way 80% were forced to subscribe.
What this indicate?Is there 100% intention to help needy or something else ? In my pov giving one day meal to poor,its better to teach him how to earn for daily meal.So try to give an opportunity to work . The side effect of thali system is it will increase dependency towards the clergy & slowly mumin lost his self thinking process & it will leads to total lost of self respect.I may be wrong .

aqs
Posts: 848
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:42 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#73

Unread post by aqs » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:37 am

ozmujaheed wrote:Aqs so you are implying feeding people who are not in need is a communal ritual rather then sawaab or Islamic tradition .
Ozm Feeding people is based on Sawaab and Islamic tradition as mentioned earlier and is not just some plain ritual.
ozmujaheed wrote:So the Amil who associated and spinned words using ale Muhammad should be disciplined ?
he should be, but chances are nil.
ozmujaheed wrote:The reason I am getting stuck in this issue is it is based on a sinister reason and rather then calling it as is that is is a way to be treat and complement to keep people faithful, abdes are going around trying to find some Islamic , pious , charitable reason which keeps failing scrutiny. I think I have said enough on this matter. Good luck and enjoy your meals
Scheme is very much based on Islamic principle of feeding and i have already mentioned that feeding every one at the same time is to make the scheme socially acceptable and not dehumanize poor.

aflatoon
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:54 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#74

Unread post by aflatoon » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:52 am

Maqbool wrote:
aqs wrote: Br. Oma,

We are following up in the foot steps our Imams and Duat, Imam Ali Zainil Abedeen(as) used to feed more then 100 families, distributing food himself in the night, Moulana Abde Ali Saifuddin(aq) served food to more then 1000 people for more then a year who were devastated in drought.

Our Imams and Duat have thought us to serve food not only to needy but to any mumin, that is what is being done.
That was from Imam Ali Zainil Abedeen(as) own pocket. Here Sayedna is collecting Croes of Rs. from DB by Vazebat, Selling titles, collecting galla money, Making huge profit in traveling agency where the food is provided by donors but they collect full money. Now they have increased burden of dabba to db with out spending a single Rs. On the contrary those who donates for dabba has to spend salam for Amil for RAZA.
Imam Zain al Abideen used to carry the food himselves and distribute it to the needy in the confines of night not as these people who are doing it with much hype and publicity with sole aim of glorifying moula burhanuddin and his mansoos.

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Food Service in Indore

#75

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:13 pm

Many members on this forum including myself had their reservations with regard to the FREE Thaali scheme intitiated by Muffy Mola which by all means was nothing but part of his PRO exercise. Slowly but steadily the truth is surfacing and it is being proved beyond doubt that this FREE thing was nothing but a big FARCE to hoodwink the gullible abdes.

It is already reported by Bro accountability that in Pakistan the Thaali costs anywhere between Rs.5000 to Rs.7000. It is also reported that in Mumbra which is the lower middle class locality of bohras where the poorest of Mumbaiker bohras reside are asked to shell out Rs.1,000/- for this Thaali apart from Rs.3,300/- towards Ramzan Niyaz and other exhorbitant Burhani taxes. Imagine a person earning hardly Rs.5,000/- per month is forced to pay such amounts in guise of religious obligations.

People who deserve to get Zakat are infact asked to pay Zakat !! Hence no matter how much ever the abdes shout from rooftops in order to defend their masters in saifee mahal, the ground reality cannot be ignored. There remains no doubt that the present daawat administration are no better then the various babas who appear often on TV channels and are out to run a business empire in guise of Religion, in this case it is Islam.

The stickers on Abde doors should be changed from "Live Like Ali, Die Like Hussain" TO "Live Like Burhanuddin, Die Like Taher Saifuddin (surrounded by gold, precious stones and exquisite chandeliers)".

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Food Service in Indore

#76

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:35 pm

A new fatwa which is issued by the amils of western suburbs in mumbai is that "Every bohra family has to COMPULSARILY pay an amount of Rs.1,500/- every month towards the over hyped FREE dabba scheme irrespective of whether they avail of the facility or not ". So much for the much publicised FREE food service by the marketing department at saifee/badri mahal !!

aflatoon
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:54 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#77

Unread post by aflatoon » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:17 pm

yes i have also heard it but not yet confirmed.

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Food Service in Indore

#78

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:19 pm

aflatoon wrote:yes i have also heard it but not yet confirmed.
It is confirmed. You may check with your friends/relatives residing in the western suburbs of mumbai and they will confirm of having recieved a text message from the local amil.

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Food Service in Indore

#79

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:45 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote: A new fatwa which is issued by the amils of western suburbs in mumbai is that "Every bohra family has to COMPULSARILY pay an amount of Rs.1,500/- every month towards the over hyped FREE dabba scheme irrespective of whether they avail of the facility or not ". So much for the much publicised FREE food service by the marketing department at saifee/badri mahal !!
Money accrued out of one single Dai's Ziafat is sufficient to take care of atleast one month's cost of the 'dabba schemes' of the entire Indian bohras. Still he will be able to retain the money accrued out of the balance 525 plus ziafats that he takes on an annual basis !!!

SBM
Posts: 6229
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#80

Unread post by SBM » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:17 pm

labbaikyaHussain wrote:its a free food service,in surat and ahmedabad such service is running from years around 3500 tiffins from surat jamiya canteen and 3000 tiffins from ahmedabad mazaar are sent to needy one every day in there cities.
And what happened to FREE service. see the following e mail I received from a friend. Pay special attention to COMPULSORY

Baad Afzal us Salaam,

Mumineen Bhaio and Bheno,

Full implementation of the Faiz ul Mawaid al Burhaniyah over 2012 has been a great achievement for Anjuman-e-Husami (Atlanta) Inc. Many mumineen were instrumental in this undertaking including Janab Aamil Saheb and Sk Khuzaima Bhai Dohadwala who decided to financially underwrite a large part of the Faiz ul Mawaid al Burhaniyah’s expenditures over 2012. His one-year financial commitment helped to immediately establish the Faiz in the spring of 2012. It is now up to all the members of the Atlanta Jamaat to continue this effort. In addition, we have been informed by Taha Bhaisaheb, son of Aali Qadar Moula (TUS), that as a Jamaat we need full compliance in not only providing thaalis for all mumineen, but also to ensure that all mumineen families contribute to this important undertaking by pledging a hoob.

On January 2nd 2013 Janab Moez Bhaisaheb met with administrators of the Faiz ul Mawaid al Burhaniyah (Atlanta) and Ayaans to devise a path forward that will allow the Faiz ul Mawaid al Burhaniyah to run efficiently in 2013.
To this end an amount of $152/month/family was proposed by Bhaisaheb. We anticipate that this compulsory hoob will take care of 100% of our financial needs. Members who have the capacity to give more are encouraged to do so.

Please provide twelve (12) $152.00 post-dated checks (one for each month in 2013) to either ----- Bhen Sk. ----- ---- ----- or ----- Bhen Sk. ----- Bhai ------- by Milad-un-Nabi (SAW).

Khuda Taala Aqa Moula (TUS) ni umr sharif ne ta rozey Qiyamat daraaz karey, aapna saya ma aapna Mansoos Syedi wa Moulai Aaliqadr Mufaddal Moula (TUS) ni umrsharif ne Qiyamat na din lag daraaz karey. Ameen.

Wasalaam,

Faiz ul Mawaid al Burhaniyah (Atlanta)
http://www.atlantajamaat.org

KhalifatulRahman
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:53 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#81

Unread post by KhalifatulRahman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:01 am

nothing comes FREE in great Burhani era

mnoorani
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:05 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#82

Unread post by mnoorani » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:08 am

I just found out that even in the Gulf countries the thaali is not free. It has to be paid for and the it is not compu;lsory to avail the service.

asad
Posts: 777
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#83

Unread post by asad » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:18 am

In my tanzeem if you dont pay than you dont get the food. I questioned one of the Tanzeem member that if its so than dont say it comes from Moula, I pay and i get food. If you continue Thali even if the person has not paid than its from Moula. Now many people are having same questions and Voila Kothar comes up with a new Mojiza.

translated in English:
One Mumin Bhai used to ask that if i pay for the food than how is it from Moula. after few days he had some mysterious disease and was taken to Mufaddal saheb, he was asked to bring some water. Mufaddal saheb asked him who paid for the water Mumin bhai said he himself Than mufaddal saheb asked though you have paid for the bottel and water but SHIFA inside is ours, in the same way you pay for the tiffin but Shifa inside is ours.

Now go and beat that.

mnoorani
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:05 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#84

Unread post by mnoorani » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:30 am

Asad Bhai is 100 % correct. Stories of numerous different mojizas are being circulated regarding the thali.
The abdes have more fear if they miss the thali then they would the fard namaaz. NOTHING IS FREE It is all paid for and the remainder goes to our Mola to cover the minor expences of his sons.

JC
Posts: 1624
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:01 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#85

Unread post by JC » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:33 am

Bros Asad, Mnoorani,
Sorry to be blunt but when one screws he uses so many positions, ways and tactics to get maximum pleasure, Qasre Mawali and Kothar are doing exactly the same. Our pain is their pleasure ...... we pay but P is theres!!

think
Posts: 1821
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:15 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#86

Unread post by think » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:03 pm

and where did you get the idea of minor expenses for the sons.

seeker110
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#87

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Mola did beshumar mojizas, he built all the mosques, purified rich peoples houses and businesses.

think
Posts: 1821
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:15 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#88

Unread post by think » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:19 pm

Dohadwala has bit off more than what he can chew and that is the result of $152 every month. When the thali scheme was being organized; dahodwala like all sheikhs,to be in the limelight and get importance, came forward and said" moula nu farman hami matha par charave"so he started providing food .at his expense. Now a year later he is hurting in his pocket so to still maintain his importance he is dragging the whole community to pitch in so he can still do what he started ,but at the cost of the mumineen and ofcourse if the bhaisahebs wife cannot cook , then this is free food for the taking.

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Food Service in Indore

#89

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:32 pm

When the zaadas dont leave the slums of malad/kandivli and the 2500 families in Mumbra who live in most dismal conditions then how can one expect them to spare the Americans !!

think
Posts: 1821
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:15 am

Re: Food Service in Indore

#90

Unread post by think » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:25 pm

dabba scheme is not workable in the u.s. If the intention is to feed the poor then this scheme is best served in the small towns and villages of third world countries. It costs more in gas to deliver dabba in big cities of u.s.