Food Service in Indore

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
SBM

Food Service in Indore

Unread post by SBM » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Does anyone knows it this is FREE food to needy or is this new business venture after Saya/Kurta-Rida then Tourism followed by real estate and now food supply business
If this is free to the needy families, My hats off for a good cause.
http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/content/i ... huru-thayu

labbaikyaHussain

Re: Food Service in Indore

Unread post by labbaikyaHussain » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:22 pm

its a free food service,in surat and ahmedabad such service is running from years around 3500 tiffins from surat jamiya canteen and 3000 tiffins from ahmedabad mazaar are sent to needy one every day in there cities.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:50 pm

Khuda Moula Burhanuddin Aqa ni Umar Sharif ane Moulaya Aqiq ul Yemen Moula ni Umar Sharif ne ta roze Qayamat daraz karjo.
Now the abdes have one more name to take for Umar Sharif ta roze Qayamat. At this rate, by the time roze Qayamat comes, it would take ta roze Qayamat to read all the names!!

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:55 am

Anajmi,
Do you got something to Comment on the thread Topic ?
Is your community providing any such service to poor and needy ?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:14 am

Have you ever heard of Islamic Relief? They do charity work in nations all over the globe. They do charity not just for muslims but for others as well. They were active even in Haiti. They are a part of my community.

shabbir4u

Unread post by shabbir4u » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:03 am

anajmi wrote:Have you ever heard of Islamic Relief? They do charity work in nations all over the globe. They do charity not just for muslims but for others as well. They were active even in Haiti. They are a part of my community.

Anajmi.....I am DB couple days back couple of people came guys came asking to donate $$$ they where from Islamic Relief I help them so do u think They are a part of my community.?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:28 am

Are you a part of the Islamic community?

Fatwa Banker

Unread post by Fatwa Banker » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:50 pm

Why is the Auto Rickshaw driver giving the topi dude the finger ?

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:18 pm

And see where left hand is!

And they could not find DB driver!

Is Kothar footing the bill for tiffins? or Jamaat is asked for more beside usual taxes?

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Stranger
Mainstream Muslim community is multi national and multi cultiral. there is no central authority forcibly collecting Zakat and Sadaka (There are no other types of charity).

Just google "Islamic charities"

Here are some

Top 7 Islamic Charitable Organizations
http://islam.about.com/od/activism/tp/charities.htm

Islamic Charities
http://www.muhajabah.com/charity.htm

Edhi Foundation
http://www.edhifoundation.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edhi_Foundation

Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital & Research Centre
http://www.shaukatkhanum.org.pk/

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:52 pm

Stranger
Br. Stranger
There are couple of organizations who help Muslim community and they never ask if you are Shia or Sunni or Dawoodi. When I was going to college I received scholarship from Taheri Trust, but after one month they stopped while Dawood Bhai Fazalbhai trust gave me scholarship for entire studies despite knowing I was a Dawoodi Bohra and Kothar had done a great PR job of helping students, just the PR
Currently IMRC as well as ZFI and many others do the same, providing food, student help as well counseling. Brother Hussain KSA is also involved with such organizations. While Dawoodi Bohras charitable organizations only help ABDES other Muslim Organizations do help everyone. I know it because I work with some of them including IMRC and ZFI

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:32 pm

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:01 am

Dear Mr. Labbaik,
Salaam Alaikum.
If what you say is true than Hats Off ! likewise Oma.But please let me know as to where and to whom is the food is distributed in Ahmedabad.I have asked a few people and they have no idea of such a service in Ahmedabad where a lot of Bohras are in need.As for Surat, I know no one there so if someone can confirm this then good.

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:03 am

zeninfosys.net
Aqiq ul Yemen Moulaya Mufaddal Bhaisaheb Saifuddin Tus na Irshaad aali mutabiq Mumineen na gharo ma JAMAN pahunchavanu shuru kidu che.
This vindicates the claim of hardcore DB's that all DB's are well to do and there are no needy in the community by blessing of (TUS)

DMY

Unread post by DMY » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:18 am

bohraji wrote:Dear Mr. Labbaik,
Salaam Alaikum.
If what you say is true than Hats Off ! likewise Oma.But please let me know as to where and to whom is the food is distributed in Ahmedabad.I have asked a few people and they have no idea of such a service in Ahmedabad where a lot of Bohras are in need.As for Surat, I know no one there so if someone can confirm this then good.
I personally know a family in Surat who receive this tiffin every day. However they don't classify as needy, the son is well off and works in Kuwait. So I have my doubts about how well this system is administered. However I would like to believe that many needy are getting advantage of this.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:01 am

Maqbool wrote:zeninfosys.net
Aqiq ul Yemen Moulaya Mufaddal Bhaisaheb Saifuddin Tus na Irshaad aali mutabiq Mumineen na gharo ma JAMAN pahunchavanu shuru kidu che.
This vindicates the claim of hardcore DB's that all DB's are well to do and there are no needy in the community by blessing of (TUS)

Their are needy in community and not much is being done, half hearted measures are taken which never fulfill the grandiose plans. More sincere efforts are required with implementation and not just photo ops.

DMY

Unread post by DMY » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:10 pm

Really aqs....is that you??? Looking at your earlier posts you would have defended this.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:09 am

DMY wrote:Really aqs....is that you??? Looking at your earlier posts you would have defended this.
DMY,

if you have a deeper look at the community not every thing is good, a mass hysteria is created where your thinking prowess is dumbed. Now your being poor is your own fault and punishment from Allah and community treats you a pariah, to correct the scene few initiatives are taken but they never fulfill the desired effect, poor remains poor and out of reach for maximum scheme of things. if in a jamaat nearly 30% people line up for muwasaat then definitely things are not bright.

on a side note: Syedna(tus) asked for the upliftment of mumineen few years back in Zikra where a mumin was suppose to help his brother mumin in such a way that he should be able to help others in a years time. Just tell me if you know of a single mumin who was helped in such a way. it all sounds real good but what is the end result.

Questioning doesnt make me a bad mumin or does it ??

DMY

Unread post by DMY » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:02 am

aqs,

Questioning definitely doesn't make you a bad mumin at all, but probably a bad Dawoodi Bohra. We are part of the DB community so questioning definitely sets a doubt upon our Iman. Well that is what is preached and forced down our throats. I totally agree with all that you have said. The establishment makes it appear that whatever Syedna (TUS) says has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Yeah Yeah, mumin upliftment and all that. The majority of Bohras working at hardware shops here in Dubai are heavily exploited by the owners, who are apparently shaikhs and what nots. Measly salaries, pathetic living conditions and ill treating them is the norm.

No I don't know of a single mumin (read Dawoodi Bohra) who has been helped in the way it was preached. I want to add more here, but it would be off topic and I don't want to unnecessarily derail the thread.

Wassalam & Ramadan Kareem

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:18 pm

omabharti wrote:
Br. Stranger
There are couple of organizations who help Muslim community and they never ask if you are Shia or Sunni or Dawoodi. When I was going to college I received scholarship from Taheri Trust, but after one month they stopped while Dawood Bhai Fazalbhai trust gave me scholarship for entire studies despite knowing I was a Dawoodi Bohra and Kothar had done a great PR job of helping students, just the PR
Currently IMRC as well as ZFI and many others do the same, providing food, student help as well counseling. Brother Hussain KSA is also involved with such organizations. While Dawoodi Bohras charitable organizations only help ABDES other Muslim Organizations do help everyone. I know it because I work with some of them including IMRC and ZFI
Br/sis Oma,
I totally Agree with you but then if you think being little shelfish then it makes sense that this world is quit a large dwelling place and you cant help each and every needy. . So they emphasis that atleast our community member shall get benefits first which help in upliftment of their life and living standard. However i personally feels that help should be done on humanity basis not on the caste basis but then there are many more factors which one need to be considered.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:14 pm

if you think being little shelfish then it makes sense that this world is quit a large dwelling place and you cant help each and every needy
Br. Stranger
You are right charity begins at home but in the larger picture many of the Bohras I know are being helped by Non Bohra Organizations like Dawoodbhai Fazalbhai and others. I remember at my time of need, one of the person who helped me did mention that he heard that Bohris get lot of money from Kothari Goons and when I mentioned about the reality, he was surprised but he did help me and did not hold. If Kothari Goons would spend less time on PR and doling out money to Narendra Modi and his elks and instead take care of their own, DBs would not have any poverty.
Unfortunately there were lots of philanthropists who had educational trusts and used to give large scholarships like Morriswala, Peerbhai, dawoodi bohra trust which used to give out books are all extinct now (may be except Peerbhai) due to Raza and other Dadagiri.
BTW you can either write to me as Omabharti or Br. Oma not Sis.
Wish you and yours a very blessed Ramadan and hope your charity sees no boundaries or distinction among Ummah

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:30 pm

As I had posted in my opening whether this service is for poor or something else
Look at the following link, I did not know that people in Coumbus-Ohio, USA are poor and need food services. Hope some one can shed light on this new business venture after Saya/Rida/Ziyarats and Noorani Toilet. Is this new Kothari Catering Services which abdes will pay for in some kind of additional Lagats
http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/content/t ... umbus-ohio

shabbir4u

Unread post by shabbir4u » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:07 am

omabharti wrote:As I had posted in my opening whether this service is for poor or something else
Look at the following link, I did not know that people in Coumbus-Ohio, USA are poor and need food services. Hope some one can shed light on this new business venture after Saya/Rida/Ziyarats and Noorani Toilet. Is this new Kothari Catering Services which abdes will pay for in some kind of additional Lagats
http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/content/t ... umbus-ohio
Al Maulal Ajal Syedi Wa Maulaya Mufaddal Bhai Saheb Saifuddin (tus) initiated the Khair Rasam of "Thaali" in Aalame Imaan. With the Niyat of "Tulul Umer" of Bawa Shafiq Aqa Maula, Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin (tus) and the Niyat of obtaining the Khushi of Syedi Wa Maulaya Mufaddal Bhai Saheb Saifuddin (tus)..Anjuman e Taheri, Columbus - Ohio as per Irshaad e Muneer has done Niyat to distribute "Thaali" amongst Mumineen Hazereen every Jumoa ni Raat.

This Khair ni Rasam was initiated in the month of Shabaan ul Kareem 1432H and the fruits of Dua Mubarak can be witnessed as Mumineen of Anjuman e Taheri, Columbus - Ohio continue to preform Khidmat in this Khair ni Rasam and gather barakaat of Mawaid e Aal'e Mohammed (S.A).

May Allah Subhanahu enhance the Umer Sharif of Aqa Maula (tus) and the Umer Sharif of Syedi Wa Maulaya Mufaddal Bhai Saheb Saifuddin (tus) till Qayamat.

Its says that every jumoa ni raat.Might be after NAMAZ.
Just need some thing to say or come up with stories. Cannot see any thing for good cause of community.

aflatoon

Unread post by aflatoon » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:18 pm

I have also learned that food service has been started but i have few questions if anybody can answer
1 From where the money is coming for supplying food ?
2. Will the supply of food limit to the needy or every mumin will benifit from it?. 3. I have seen in one of the above post that this project has been initiated by sayedi mufaddal bhaisab for aqa moula's health, so it is hadiya or sadqa?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:22 pm

Shabbir4U
My question remains and not answered by you is whether this tiffin scheme was started to help poor people in the community or is it just another PR. You regurgitated the entire info from the link but did not answer my question and once again is this scheme is help poor in the community and does people of Columbus-Ohio look poor to you?

ANA BOHRI

Unread post by ANA BOHRI » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:49 am

aflatoon wrote:I have also learned that food service has been started but i have few questions if anybody can answer
1 From where the money is coming for supplying food ?
2. Will the supply of food limit to the needy or every mumin will benifit from it?. 3. I have seen in one of the above post that this project has been initiated by sayedi mufaddal bhaisab for aqa moula's health, so it is hadiya or sadqa?
Brother Aflatoon

1)Money is coming from people like you and me I mean the mango man (AAM AADMI).Mufaddal moula' na ehsaan che ke apne logo ne aa nek kaam maa sharik kida...emno ghano moto ehsaan che........In Kuwait they have asked 100/-KD per unit....

2)I am not sure about your question no. 2 but you should not forget the poorest among all are the "KOTHARIS"so if you wish you can courier a thali a day to Kothar.

3)If you send this to kothar then its Hadiya and if you send this thali to Mumeneen then its sadqa...so its upto you..

aflatoon

Unread post by aflatoon » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:50 am

thanks for the answers but uptill now i had not been asked to shellout anything for the scheme and how is it possible for a mumin or even a muslim to accept a sadaqa

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:33 am

I have received messages from EA that in Kenya they are starting this new feed scheme.

My wish if they looked across their colony they would see the real starving people affected by the famine.

What is the intent of Mufadal, win hearts and minds ?

Someone will need to pay ?

For how long will this complement last ?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Read the info and check the pictures they are only distributing BREADS. Is this whole thing is just PR or real community services. How long this thing is going to last.
http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/content/t ... andar-west

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Just a thought
Most of the Thaali distribution also show people who are receiving Dabba or Thaali if they are really poor I think it little be dehumanize to show them. I was taught that when you give Charity by right hand, your left hand should not know about it and here they are showing people who may be poor receiving the Jamaan and to me that is insulting and disrespectful What does every one thinks?
http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/content/n ... bs-vichiya (pic no. 4-5)
http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/content/t ... ted-jhalod (pict 7-9)
http://www.zeninfosys.net/zi6/content/t ... road-dohad (20-21)
Th only reason I posted these pictures not out of disrespect but so no one can start asking for proof and references.