Practice Of Female Circumcision Among Bohra Muslims.

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
ghulam muhammed

Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:02 pm

9 in 10 Kenyan Muslims practice Female Genetal mutilation

A study in North Eastern Kenya and released in Nairobi Monday by Mothers’ Lap Foundation (MLF), a rights group, paints a grim picture in the fight against Female Genital Mutilation (FGM). The results of the report come out even as the practice among Somali Muslims rise beyond 90 per cent.

The study; Delinking Islam from FGM shows that 97 per cent of the Muslims in North Eastern Kenya practice FGM in the name of religious and cultural beliefs and strongly links religious beliefs in the Somali community to the current prevalence rates.

While releasing the figures,Sheikh Ibrahim Lethome said thousands of young Somali girls; barely in their teens, undergo FGM regularly.

“When I see a young Somali girl walking on the road, I pity her because; soon she will be experiencing the worst form of human rights violations- FGM. Nobody can convince me that a girl as young as 6 years old is undergoing the ‘rite of passage’. This rite of passage is from what to what?” asked Lethome.

Worse, said Lethome who led the study – the girls are left under the mercies of brutal village genital ‘cutters’ who use “crude tools of mass destruction” (circumciser’s knife), sewing needle and a thread.

“Nobody is there for these innocent souls. There is not a single person to complain to the authorities on behalf of the young girls. The father pays for FGM services; the mother takes the girl to the circumciser and when you ask the police; one is told; ‘we don’t want to interfere with peoples’ culture. The politician will say; he will lose votes. So who will cry for the girls?” again posed Lethome.

He added that; it is more piteous that the ‘cutter’; chest thumps after performing the circumcision saying; ‘I am the best, I do it like a sewing machine.’

According to the study, FGM is still high among the Kisii community of Nyanza where it is still perceived as a part of culturd. It is second at 96 per cent after North Eastern Kenya, followed by the Maasai at 94 per cent; and Taita Taveta at 62 per cent.

The study revealed that FGM is practiced in most of the 47 counties in the country with Central Kenya recording a steady rise after the vice had been seen to reduce two years ago.

“Due to the sustained Mungiki activities in Central Kenya and other adjacent regions, FGM has been seen to rise again, despite initially going down,” said MLF legal adviser, Sheikh Ibrahim Lethome at the organisation’s offices in Nairobi on Monday.

International Human Rights activist, Ansar Burney, who is visiting Kenya; Somali and Ethiopia, challenged the media to come out and speak for the young girls who literally do not have any hopes for the future as old men were waiting in the fringes to marry them.

“We need to create awareness; positively sensitise against FGM among communities that practice it. And this can only be done best by the media through conveying the right information. I urge you the Kenyan media to fight for the girl child’s rights because FGM is a human rights violation; it is like killing a girl,” said Burney.

http://www.africasciencenews.org/en/ind ... mutilation

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:47 pm

As long as we have people like Adam and other idiots who believe in this as a practice of Imam Ali, then this will continue. Unfortunately, if it is Imam Ali's order to perform FGM, then that really shows that he wasn't infallible either and got it wrong.

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:28 am

anajmi wrote:As long as we have people like Adam and other idiots who believe in this as a practice of Imam Ali, then this will continue. Unfortunately, if it is Imam Ali's order to perform FGM, then that really shows that he wasn't infallible either and got it wrong.
Oh, C'mon! Africans, Shafii'tes and others don't do it because of Imam Ali's order! There is a hadith quoting the Prophet about FGM. So, if it is The Prophet's order, then does that mean he wasn't the messenger of God? Please keep this topic on track and don't divert it into Shia-are-idol-worshippers kerfuffle!

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:29 am

Oh, C'mon! Africans, Shafii'tes and others don't do it because of Imam Ali's order! There is a hadith quoting the Prophet about FGM. So, if it is The Prophet's order, then does that mean he wasn't the messenger of God? Please keep this topic on track and don't divert it into Shia-are-idol-worshippers kerfuffle!

AGREED. (Diversion off topic is always the case)
First confirm whether it is the Prophets SAW and Imam Ali AS order. Dawoodi Bohras believe it so, as stated in our sources.
I have also provided citations from other Sunni & Shia books. Especially discussed the word "Khitanaan" which is commonly used in Arabic.
"Science" shouldn't decide your religious practices.

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:24 am

Adam wrote:

AGREED. (Diversion off topic is always the case)
First confirm whether it is the Prophets SAW and Imam Ali AS order. Dawoodi Bohras believe it so, as stated in our sources.
I have also provided citations from other Sunni & Shia books. Especially discussed the word "Khitanaan" which is commonly used in Arabic.
No, it is neither the Prophet's 'order' nor Imam Ali's. Most citations are weak and do not come under the category of an 'order' nor are they as pronounced as the Sunnah of Male circumcision.

Below is a testimony of a Bohra female who would experience difficulty in reaching an orgasm due to FGM performed on her. A God-given right was taken away from this woman by foolish parents.

“Dear Molly,

I am an Indian woman living in Mumbai and I attended a seminar in the United States recently where you spoke on the subject of Female Genital Cutting in Africa. That day, I know I was the most intent of all listeners, the most interested in what you had to say. Why, you might ask?

It is because I, an Indian woman who has been to University, have myself experienced the practice of FGC. I know this may surprise you, but it is true. Did you know that FGC also exists in India? Many people do not, not even many Indians!

I hail from the Dawoodi Bohra community, whose head is called the Syedna – we are a sect of the Shias, which came to India from Yemen some centuries ago.

As in many parts of the world, parents in the Bohra community suffered from “son stroke” as did my parents, who prayed hard for a son, after having four girls. They did succeed and we finally had a boy in the family.

I was the third among four sisters. We were very close and shared many secrets. But none of us, not the ones before me, nor I myself, ever shared or warned the ones closest to us about the frightening and incomprehensible experience that we would one day be forced to go through. It was not spoken about then and it is not spoken about even today.
I am 60 years old now, but will remember that fateful day for the rest of my life. I must have been around 7 years old when my mother told me we were going to my grandma’s house to spend the day with her. When we reached my grandma’s house, my cousin (my mum’s sister’s daughter), who was a year younger than me, was also there. We were happy to meet each other.

Then, we were both led to a small room, which had a bed and asked to lie down. We kept asking “Why?” Suddenly, a lady dressed in black came into the room. By now, my cousin and I were terrified, not aware of what was to follow.

Our dresses were pulled up and our panties pulled off, and we were asked to keep our legs apart. There were our mothers and our aunts holding our legs apart and then I felt something cold being applied to my clitoris, and then to my horror, the lady in black, actually held a scissor-like instrument and cut me there – I screamed and screamed but no one seemed to care. Then this same thing was done to my cousin, who was right next to me on the same bed.

Both of us kept screaming and crying in pain. Everyone left the room and asked us to lie down with our legs apart, and told us that all would be well soon. They locked us in for almost the whole day. The burning and painful sensation between my groins is something I will never ever forget.

I felt betrayed by and angry with my mother and humiliated too. I just could not understand how my mother could have been so cruel and put me through this horrific experience. Much later I was told that all Bohra girls must go through it, and that it is ‘good’ for you. I then understood that my mother had no choice, that for her, she was only doing what was expected of her. She was being a “good mother” because this is a practice that had been carried out in our Bohra group for centuries and was considered essential for a woman’s good reputation and marriage chances.

Little did I know that this would affect my sexual life to such a great extent that reaching an orgasm would be a difficult thing for me!

My husband and I have made sure that our daughter does not go through the same thing. We warned his mother and mine that they dare not do anything behind our backs. We know of friends from my generation, who did not want their girls to go through FGC, but often it was the grandma or the aunts who took them away and secretly got it done!

The sad part is that my sisters and I, and my cousins too, did not really discuss our experience till many years later. We have spent years feeling shame and humiliation for a senseless act that we were subjugated to as children, incapable of defending our human right to keep all organs of our body.

I regret also, dear Molly that I cannot reveal my name to you, as I am not certain of the best way to help put an end to this practice that still persists on a large scale in the Dawoodi Bohra community of India. However, your explanation of how people themselves changed this social convention in Africa through discussing non judgmental information on the dangers and human rights violations of FGC, then allowing people to collectively abandon the practice, seems the best way forward.

In the meantime, I hope that you will publish this letter to let others know that women suffer greatly from this practice, not only in Africa, but in other countries such as India as well. Women need to break the silence and support one another in this effort so that our daughters will have a brighter future in the years to come”.

http://breakthesilencespeakthetruth.wordpress.com/

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:44 am

Those who defend FGM are inhuman bigots! Religious fools! For them, rational thinking, common sense, modern science have no value. It is because of fools like them, Muslims stand where they do today. They wouldn't mind putting their daughters to cruelty and pain. They wouldn't mind if she never experiences a normal married, sexual life ever. All they care about is blindly following dubious ancient traditions. Shame on them! Bloody Male Chauvinist Pigs!

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:50 am

Adam
Then how come Kothari Goons are using Scanners to scan E jamaat card, why everything is computerized, is this Science or Shariat? DBs are not allowed to certain program if their e jamaat cards can not be scanned, that in itself shows that Goons give more importance to using scientific use of scanners to keep count rather than have people follow religious practices.
Kothari Goons are the biggest users of Science.

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:03 am

Ayatullah Seestani, the leading marja-e-taqleed (source of emulation) among Shia twelvers does not consider Female Circumcision as a Sunnah.

http://www.al-islam.org/organizations/a ... 00177.html

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:07 am

sixfeetunder wrote:Ayatullah Seestani, the leading marja-e-taqleed (source of emulation) among Shia twelvers does not consider Female Circumcision as a Sunnah.

Adam does not consider Ayatuallah Seestani as Islamic Shia Scholar as Ayatullah does not have RAZA from Syedna and he did not attend Secret Sabaks :roll:

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:50 am

SBM wrote:
sixfeetunder wrote:Ayatullah Seestani, the leading marja-e-taqleed (source of emulation) among Shia twelvers does not consider Female Circumcision as a Sunnah.

Adam does not consider Ayatuallah Seestani as Islamic Shia Scholar as Ayatullah does not have RAZA from Syedna and he did not attend Secret Sabaks :roll:
Of course. But he claimed to have cited 'Sunni and Shia' sources in favor of FGM. Now, the leading Shia marja-e-taqleed does not consider FGM as a Sunnah. So do many Sunni scholars of high repute. This shows that learned individuals from different schools of thought do not consider FGM to be a mandatory or required practise.

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:58 am

Question for Adam:

What is the High Priest's official position on FGM? It is believed that he does not enforce FGM for girls. However, clergy wives convey in secret sabaks that 'disgrace will come to a family that does not have their girls circumcised'.

What is the official position of the Bohra High Priest? Does he consider it a Sunnah or a Muqarrama?

porus

Unread post by porus » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:05 am

sixfeetunder wrote: Of course. But he claimed to have cited 'Sunni and Shia' sources in favor of FGM. Now, the leading Shia marja-e-taqleed does not consider FGM as a Sunnah. So do many Sunni scholars of high repute. This shows that learned individuals from different schools of thought do not consider FGM to be a mandatory or required practise.
I think that FGM, or a variant of it, is depicted as Sunnah by Daimul Islam on the basis of its quotes from Muhammad and Ali.

Except for an abde, it is not a fard like namaaz and roza.

It does not matter to an abde if no one considers FGM a Sunnah. For them, following Daimul Islam is a command from Allah.

Sayedna is unlikely to discourage FGM because he would then appear to have put Daimul Islam into question.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:47 am

I said people "like Adam". There is no hadith where the prophet (saw) has ordered FGM. However, there is an order by Imam Ali in Daimul Islam. By the way, my post didn't mention anything about shia idol worshipping. That was an extrapolation on your part to deal with some of my other posts I guess.

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:40 pm

SIXFEETUNDER
Of course. But he claimed to have cited 'Sunni and Shia' sources in favor of FGM. Now, the leading Shia marja-e-taqleed does not consider FGM as a Sunnah. So do many Sunni scholars of high repute. This shows that learned individuals from different schools of thought do not consider FGM to be a mandatory or required practise.

Yes, I did mention before, some do quote it some don't. And I also mentioned very clearly that I wasn't citing those sources to justify the Dawoodi Bohra beliefs. They remain the same whether Sunni s or Shias practice it or now.
So do many Sunni scholars of high repute. This shows that learned individuals from different schools

Yes, this Ayatullah guy must sound like someone of "high repute", then again, who decides who's better? The other on the opposition probably considers himself more learned than Mr Ayatullah.
It just comes down to authority, and how the Quran and Shariat are interpreted.

PORUS
I think that FGM, or a variant of it, is depicted as Sunnah by Daimul Islam on the basis of its quotes from Muhammad and Ali.
It does not matter to an abde if no one considers FGM a Sunnah. For them, following Daimul Islam is a command from Allah.
Sayedna is unlikely to discourage FGM because he would then appear to have put Daimul Islam into question.

Although you do have a lot of knowledge and I have expressed that. Sometimes, like the other haters, you're hatred takes over common sense.
Femal Circumcision
is depicted as Sunnah by Daimul Islam on the basis of its quotes from Muhammad and Ali.
. Correct. And so we follow it.

Yes, it's not a FarD like namaz and roza. Those are the Pillars of Islam.
But it is an order of the Prophet and his Wasi, so it carries much importance, just like a FarD.
For them, following Daimul Islam is a command from Allah

Un necessarily said. The Daim ul Islam contains orders of OUR IMAMS. Thus we follow it.
These are our sources. Why can't you just follow your own?
Counter arguing, since you're trying to compare the order of Female Circumcision to Namaz and Roza, why don't you compare Male Circumcision with it? Are you saying because it isn't a farD like namaz and roza, we don't need to do it? This is WRONG.
Then don't get circumcized since you don't think it's important. There are many other deeds that aren't the PILLARS of Islam, but are equally important to follow because they are the orders of the Prophet SAW.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:33 pm

Adam wrote:
deeds that aren't the PILLARS of Islam, but are equally important to follow because they are the orders of the Prophet SAW.
Indeed?? the prophet has likened the wanton killing of animals as a crime against humanity and allah himself. is the syedna following it?
the prophet never allowed any human to do sajda to him or refer to his children as prince or princess, is the syedna following this?
the prophet never took money from anyone to enter their houses. is the syedna following this?
the prophet never discriminated against any of his followers on the basis of wealth or their gifts to him, is the syedna following this?
the prophet was completely transparent in his life and accounts, never refusing to answer his detractors or critics, is the syedna following this?

now dont ask me for SOURCES or my beliefs, because these are YOUR statements and you need to defend them. its your beliefs on the line, so dont try to wiggle out by making ridiculous excuses. if you do that once again, you will have shown us that you are nothing but a liar and coward.

Human

Unread post by Human » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:39 pm

Adam's responses are all BS. Order of prophet or not, FGM is bad and should be banned everywhere like it is in some western nations; end of story. I wonder what would it be like if Hindus still practiced SATI in today's day and age?
If you support FGM despite knowing the medical wrongs of it, you're a senseless fool. And if you say science doesn't matter when it comes to things like FGM then you're a HYPOCRITE! Just count how many things you use which wouldn't exist without science.

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:58 pm

@Al Zulfiqar
You're comments are off the topic of this thread. Please continue it somewhere else.
We're discussing the topic of Female Circumcision. All we need to do is decide whether it is the farmaan of the Prophet of not.
Very simple

HUMANS response is extremely interesting
Order of prophet or not, FGM is bad and should be banned everywhere like it is in some western nations; end of story.

He boldly rejects the teachings of the Prophet! And no one is defending that claim.
I wonder what would it be like if Hindus still practiced SATI in today's day and age?

What do you mean to say in this sentence?
Are you comparing the teachings of the Prophet as "old" and "un acceptable" in todays times?
If you support FGM despite knowing the medical wrongs of it, you're a senseless fool.

Are you saying you'd consider the advice of a doctor over the Prophet SAW?
I support Female Circumcision firstly and only because it is the order of the Prophet SAW. For ME the Prophet comes before ANY medical research. The Prophet knows what's best.
And if you say science doesn't matter when it comes to things like FGM then you're a HYPOCRITE! Just count how many things you use which wouldn't exist without science.

Twisting your words aren't you. I never said there aren't benefits. I said the Prophet knows better.
In regard to science, of course I use it, but whenever science conflicts with my RELIGIOUS beliefs, I know which one to prefer. Science says Pork maybe good for you (http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/christ ... 05049.html), now, will you chuck the order of the Prophet?
You claim to be a "Muslim" and don't even follow the order of the Prophet. Now who's the HYPOCRITE.

Like I said before, first confirm if it is the order of the Prophet. We believe so and we will follow it. Simple.

Human

Unread post by Human » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:20 am

Adam wrote:
HUMANS response is extremely interesting
Order of prophet or not, FGM is bad and should be banned everywhere like it is in some western nations; end of story.

He boldly rejects the teachings of the Prophet! And no one is defending that claim.
I wonder what would it be like if Hindus still practiced SATI in today's day and age?

What do you mean to say in this sentence?
Are you comparing the teachings of the Prophet as "old" and "un acceptable" in todays times?
YES. You have to change with times. Example: Primitive people used to believe the Gods are angry whenever there was lightening in the sky. You don't believe that today, do you?
Adam wrote:
If you support FGM despite knowing the medical wrongs of it, you're a senseless fool.

Are you saying you'd consider the advice of a doctor over the Prophet SAW?
YES, I'd go with what doctor/science/medical research says. Example: FGM is bad regardless of whether the Prophet made it compulsory or not. It might have seemed like a good idea at the time, not anymore though.
Adam wrote:
I support Female Circumcision firstly and only because it is the order of the Prophet SAW. For ME the Prophet comes before ANY medical research. The Prophet knows what's best.
You're foolish and selfish. Being a man you impose such a thing on women, young girls indeed. Shame on you! And I'm sure those poor girls who get circumcised will curse your likes for the rest of their lives.
Adam wrote:
And if you say science doesn't matter when it comes to things like FGM then you're a HYPOCRITE! Just count how many things you use which wouldn't exist without science.

Twisting your words aren't you. I never said there aren't benefits. I said the Prophet knows better.
In regard to science, of course I use it, but whenever science conflicts with my RELIGIOUS beliefs, I know which one to prefer. Science says Pork maybe good for you (http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/christ ... 05049.html), now, will you chuck the order of the Prophet?
YES, personally I see no logic in that. If you eat one type of meat, why not eat any type of meat.
Adam wrote:
You claim to be a "Muslim" and don't even follow the order of the Prophet. Now who's the HYPOCRITE.
*LAUGHS* Don't get too ahead of yourself there. I did not make any claims and contrary to your presumptuous belief I don't claim to be a 'Muslim'. So you're still the HYPOCRITE and a selfish one at that (Poor girls :( )

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:02 am

Human wrote: *LAUGHS* Don't get too ahead of yourself there. I did not make any claims and contrary to your presumptuous belief I don't claim to be a 'Muslim'. So you're still the HYPOCRITE and a selfish one at that (Poor girls :( )
Khoda Pahar nikla chooha :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Human

Unread post by Human » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:11 am

profastian wrote:
Human wrote: *LAUGHS* Don't get too ahead of yourself there. I did not make any claims and contrary to your presumptuous belief I don't claim to be a 'Muslim'. So you're still the HYPOCRITE and a selfish one at that (Poor girls :( )
Khoda Pahar nikla chooha :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Be thankful for the chooha, you fool. If choohas weren't there and science wasn't there to experiment on those choohas, your master wouldn't be alive until now (95 or 96, surely not 101 as it is gloriously claimed). All those treatments and procedures in Germany with my forced religious tax money.

Now come on son, give me two raqaats for haqiqi qaba instead of wasting time here.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:12 am

Human wrote:
profastian wrote: Khoda Pahar nikla chooha :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Be thankful for the chooha, you fool. If choohas weren't there and science wasn't there to experiment on those choohas, your master wouldn't be alive until now (95 or 96, surely not 101 as it is gloriously claimed). All those treatments and procedures in Germany with my forced religious tax money.

Now come on son, give me two raqaats for haqiqi qaba instead of wasting time here.
Why are you paying up when you are not even a Muslim?

Human

Unread post by Human » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:26 am

profastian wrote:
Human wrote: Be thankful for the chooha, you fool. If choohas weren't there and science wasn't there to experiment on those choohas, your master wouldn't be alive until now (95 or 96, surely not 101 as it is gloriously claimed). All those treatments and procedures in Germany with my forced religious tax money.

Why are you paying up when you are not even a Muslim?
Let me put it down plain and straight. Born to Dawoodi Bohra parents, I had no choice but to be a dawoodi bohra. Regardless of my beliefs, I still have to pay and 'pretend' to be a dawoodi bohra (like thousands of others) for the sake of my parents and my family. Just so they won't be unfairly treated by the kothari goons and we won't have trouble with razaa when someone in my extended family needs it.
You're saying as if it was voluntary to pay. Unfortunately you and I both know very well that its not voluntary, its compulsory. And its actually worse than that, you get asked a certain ridiculously high amount then you bargain and settle on an amount. What BS is this? One of the few religions that operate merely as a money making scheme. Another example is 'swami-narayan' religion and that operates closely with DB. I've heard that they have to give 10% of their earnings, to stay in the religion.
So now you see, I don't have a choice. I'm burning within because all that money can be used for the betterment of the world, good deeds of humanity; but sadly its being wasted.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:32 am

Human wrote:
profastian wrote: Why are you paying up when you are not even a Muslim?
Let me put it down plain and straight. Born to Dawoodi Bohra parents, I had no choice but to be a dawoodi bohra. Regardless of my beliefs, I still have to pay and 'pretend' to be a dawoodi bohra (like thousands of others) for the sake of my parents and my family. Just so they won't be unfairly treated by the kothari goons and we won't have trouble with razaa when someone in my extended family needs it.
You're saying as if it was voluntary to pay. Unfortunately you and I both know very well that its not voluntary, its compulsory. And its actually worse than that, you get asked a certain ridiculously high amount then you bargain and settle on an amount. What BS is this? One of the few religions that operate merely as a money making scheme. Another example is 'swami-narayan' religion and that operates closely with DB. I've heard that they have to give 10% of their earnings, to stay in the religion.
So now you see, I don't have a choice. I'm burning within because all that money can be used for the betterment of the world, good deeds of humanity; but sadly its being wasted.
The easy way out is, just convert to whatever religion you want. Intimate that to the jamaat. Tell your parents, to go to the Bhai Saheb and ask him to talk to you. The BS will talk to you, you just listen and say that you will do whatever you want. The jamaat will then leave you alone. They would not even harass the parents now because they tried their best. You can live your life the way you want then. I have seen many such cases. The parents and family are never haressed and they remain in the fold.

Human

Unread post by Human » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:35 am

profastian wrote: The easy way out is, just convert to whatever religion you want. Intimate that to the jamaat. Tell your parents, to go to the Bhai Saheb and ask him to talk to you. The BS will talk to you, you just listen and say that you will do whatever you want. The jamaat will then leave you alone. They would not even harass the parents now because they tried their best. You can live your life the way you want then.
I really wish it was that easy! However the good thing is I don't want to convert to any other religion, I just want to get rid of this non-sense religion so I can stop paying and people don't stare at me like I'd odd if I don't have a long beard.

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:40 am

Human wrote:
profastian wrote: The easy way out is, just convert to whatever religion you want. Intimate that to the jamaat. Tell your parents, to go to the Bhai Saheb and ask him to talk to you. The BS will talk to you, you just listen and say that you will do whatever you want. The jamaat will then leave you alone. They would not even harass the parents now because they tried their best. You can live your life the way you want then.
I really wish it was that easy! However the good thing is I don't want to convert to any other religion, I just want to get rid of this non-sense religion so I can stop paying and people don't stare at me like I'd odd if I don't have a long beard.
Believe me, it is that easy. You need not convert to some other religion. You can just join your favorite sect of Islam...

sixfeetunder

Unread post by sixfeetunder » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:26 am

profastian wrote:
Human wrote: I really wish it was that easy! However the good thing is I don't want to convert to any other religion, I just want to get rid of this non-sense religion so I can stop paying and people don't stare at me like I'd odd if I don't have a long beard.
Believe me, it is that easy. You need not convert to some other religion. You can just join your favorite sect of Islam...
Why does he need to 'JOIN' his 'favourite sect'. He can just be Muslim and decide for himself if he wants to align with a particular sect or be a free Muslim. Other 'sects' are not cults like the Bohra cult. Fortunately, there is enough space to breathe in the Muslim community outside the Bohra cult.

He can also be a perfectly normal Bohra, whilst hating the community goons for the forced extortion. He will in fact become a better Muslim if he detests and fights the wrongs in the community. This is what Imam Hussain wants from his followers. To fight against injustice and wrongs. It is not just enough to beat your chests red and blue, ten days a year.

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:23 pm

WOW. That was an usual twist in the tale.
Human isn't even claiming to be a Muslim, let alone Dawoodi Bohra Muslim!

He can also be a perfectly normal Bohra,

Well, he clearly says he's not a Muslim, so I don't think he can.
Neither does he want to listen to the Prophet, he prefers Science over Islam, so I don't think they'll be much luck with that either.
SBM, why don't you try to bring him closer to your beliefs? Show him how perfect they are.
OR
I'm sure ANAJMI can help him out.
Please do the needful.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:54 pm

Adam
SBM, why don't you try to bring him closer to your beliefs? Show him how perfect they are.
Unlike you, I do not question people's beliefs and their sources, It is between them and Almighty Allah. I do believe in Lakum Dee Nakum
If he is happy with his beliefs and feels comfortable then live and let live

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:08 pm

SBM wrote:Adam
Unlike you, I do not question people's beliefs and their sources, It is between them and Almighty Allah. I do believe in Lakum Dee Nakum
You have really put your foot in your mouth now :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:33 pm

profastian wrote:
SBM wrote:Adam
You have really put your foot in your mouth now :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Adam's Cheerleader aka Profastian
How is that so?