can I rent property to bank?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
yemenimomeen

can I rent property to bank?

Unread post by yemenimomeen » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:53 am

I have some property in my home land,and recently a bank have approach me to give it for rent,but I am not sure if it is allowed in Islaam.

please guide me for the same

yemenimomeen

Re: can I rent property to bank?

Unread post by yemenimomeen » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:34 am

till now what I have found is,it is not allowed,but on other hand I know some daawat property is on lease to banks,so now I am confused....

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:40 am

Bro,

It is allowed if you are member of Royal Family otherwise you get Raza after offering fakhir Najwa and Salam. Yes there is Dawat property leased to bank In Mumbai and Aurangabad.

yemenimomeen

Unread post by yemenimomeen » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:48 am

now another scenario I have in my mind is,why do islamic countries alllows such banks in there country when it is haraam to give them any inch of property.

countries like
pakistan
iraan
dubai
saudi

all have such banks in there countries.

please help me to understand this islamically

Smart

Unread post by Smart » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:57 am

As per the Dawoodi Bohra doctrine as it is practiced, everything is proper as long as you pay and the syedna does not disallow. This includes:
1. Renting out properties to banks. e.g. One floor of the darul imarat in Pune called Saify Mahal is rented out to a bank.
2. Drinking and gambling. I know lots of shaikhs who are drunkards and gamblers, but people are expected to bow and kiss their hand, because they have paid to the masters.
3. Charge and pay interest. Syedna's / shahzada's companies have been declared bankrupt because they were unable to pay the accumulated interest. The fact that they were indulging in interest itself speaks loudly.

The conclusion is anything goes as long as you pay. Then it is "Ask not, tell not."

yemenimomeen

Unread post by yemenimomeen » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:10 am

this is a very important and interesting question,even INTERNET is not having a proper reply to it,if some body will come up with proper reply it will great for a community.

yemenimomeen

Unread post by yemenimomeen » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:13 am

Quraan clearly states dealing in interest is haraam,but here we are taking money for the usage of our property,now its a different matter of concern if giving property for such purpose is halaal or haraam.

yemenimomeen

Unread post by yemenimomeen » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:07 am

asked to a local imam of shia and sunni both masjid,they says untill u make partnership with bank and untill u just take the rent for the usage of your property it is halaaal.

Ala maqaam

Unread post by Ala maqaam » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:49 am

you mean NO partnership

yemenimomeen

Unread post by yemenimomeen » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:52 am

yemenimomeen wrote:asked to a local imam of shia and sunni both masjid,they says untill u make partnership with bank and untill u just take the rent for the usage of your property it is halaaal.
asked to a local imam of shia and sunni both masjid,they says untill u dont make partnership with bank and untill u just take the rent for the usage of your property it is halaaal.

ozmujaheed

Unread post by ozmujaheed » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:07 am

Ym, are you hesitant because you think banking is haram ?

No banking is not haram, I only know interest is haram.

If you understand carefully a bank offers many other services in addition to loans.

Your credit card on 55 days interest free period is ok, safety deposit locker, foreign currency conversion, savings accounts with no interest, cheque accounts for businesses, money orders, etc are all good products.

In that case the rent is an overhead only, they buy power, stationary so by your concern a whole economy will miss out.

I know of sheikhs and mullahs, shabab members in Australia who work in banks and many have given ziafats. I am not saying that is the reason.

Reserve banks in GFC saved many problems, we got handouts, states borrow for building hospitals, roads with loans with interests, I hope nobody is suggesting we stop using public services

It will be interesting to know why people object.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:49 pm

yemenimomeen wrote:on other hand I know some daawat property is on lease to banks,so now I am confused
If you are a hardcore abde then you are free to rent out your properties not only to banks but even for "liqour" business as it is very much "halal" for dawoodi bohras given the fact that kothar has not only rented out its properties to banks but has rented out some to liqour shops also. You can see it for yourself at Glamour bldg, Arthur bunder road, Colaba, Mumbai where more then one shops are selling liqour.

So in these times of global reccession the abdes of Mumbai can explore this avenue and rent out their idle properties to the Shetty community which runs various liqour bars, some of which are ladies bar where the customer is taken care of by pretty and voluptous ladies and these places command very high rentals. So abdes start preparing your "arzis" ASAP because those are likely to be sanctioned given the fact that the dai's administration itself has taken the initiative in this direction.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:11 pm

ym,

my advice to you is to rent your property to a bank on the condition you can become its branch manager, and then lend money to daawate hadiyah on interest.

this way you earn halal income from rent, earn additional halal income from salary, and also earn sawab by lending to hussain na dai..!!

win-win-win. QED.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:54 pm

ishq wrote:if you are still confused,I got this reply from office of khomeini (Iran)
ishq wrote:By itself, it is no problem.
ishq wrote:so no wonder syedna have given it to banks
its not a problem.....
So syedna now follows Imam Khomeini. Finally the suspense of the hidden imam is unveiled.