Categorising the proggies

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Al Zulfiqar

Re: Categorising the proggies

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:10 pm

tml,

if you want to address the regressive abdes, you will need to use simpler language. all this 'ad hominem' latin jargon is way too complicated for such simplistic minds, saturated as they are with memorising 'sajda tujhe wajib hai' and 'ghanu jeevo' in lisane dawaat.

are you some sort of sadistic SOB (son-of-syedna burhanuddin) that you are torturing them thus?

profastian

Unread post by profastian » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:19 am

tml87 wrote:profastian, It is always in the interest of the majority to suppress dissent in order to forward their agenda. What you are doing here in effect is an age old technique. It is known as argumentum ad hominem . You try to slur the messenger with negative attacks, thinking that in some way, this nullifies the message. Ironically, the Prophet is a fairly prominent recipient of ad hominem attacks.
Within all the jargon, you have forgotten that i just wrote deleted :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I know your type very well, the know it all dope in the class

tml87

Unread post by tml87 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:11 pm

profastian, I was referring to you original post where you categorized the progressive Bohras into ten groups, not the post where you wrote "deleted". So clearly you did not understand anything "within all the jargon". The real dope is out there for all of us to see.
Perhaps, Al Zulfiqar is right. I am punching way below my weight when I use this rhetoric. In answer to him, I shall paraphrase the great Robert Frost and say:

"One must not simply say what ought to be said, but say it as it ought"

ultofanatic

Unread post by ultofanatic » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:58 am

This talk of love and deep affection for the Dai et al., would go bust with just one trial - don't pay wajebaat for one or two years. "Sab bhoot utar jayega". Give it a try & see. Money is the end subject of all matters relating to dawat, dua, jannt, jahannum, ilm etc. at least as far as our community goes. It's all about money honey. There can be no two opinions about this. When it comes to money and if you don't pay, then it is only the mumeen against Kothar - no distinction between progressives or abdes then.

ultofanatic

Unread post by ultofanatic » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:12 am

No. This is for die hard abdes. All their hard liner thoughts would go up in a puff of smoke when they see the reality that money buys everything. No amount of dawat ne seva would be good enough. Hard cash is what counts.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:14 am

I agree with ultofanatic 100%. All this "Dai loves us" will be gone before you can say "Wajebaat Nahi Mile".

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:54 am

absolutely true.

i can personally vouch for this, as i have seen umpteen examples of this from my own relations and friends. when you shower huge sums of money on the kothari rascals, they treat you like a VIP, but stop giving and then see. they will ignore you and throw you aside like a piece of soiled tissue. in fact, they will not even recognise you anymore and all your khidmat and generosity towards the so-called 'royal family' will be forgotten.

ultofanatic

Unread post by ultofanatic » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:16 am

Since we are born into this community and have to live with this baggage, we might as well make the best of it instead of cribbing all the time.

Give as little as possible. Donate as much as possible to other sources. And there are umpteen. There are so many people and organizations who help people who need things in cash and kind. Help them as much as possible. This is one way out to take out the "bharaas".