Where is Bro. S. Insaf?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Al Zulfiqar

Where is Bro. S. Insaf?

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:37 pm

this is a matter of some concern. Bhai Insaf is perhaps the seniormost member on this forum and its been a long, long time since we have heard from him. his posts are always most informative and loaded with facts and figures from our present and past, he is a treasure trove on bohra history and has tons of archival material.

i hope and pray that he is keeping good health and the only reason he is not around is solely due to being very busy.

maybe admin can apprise us on the whereabouts of our dear bhai insaf?

babu1

Re: Where is Bro. S. Insaf?

Unread post by babu1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:20 pm

??????????

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:24 pm

:roll:

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:29 pm

the silence from admin and people like humsafar and doctor who are open reformists, is quite baffling and worrying. doesnt anyone know anything about Bhai Insaf?

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:56 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:the silence from admin and people like humsafar and doctor who are open reformists, is quite baffling and worrying. doesnt anyone know anything about Bhai Insaf?
Dear bro Al Zulfequar,

I think humsafar and doctor in not in direct contact of Insaf Saheb. I tried calling on his mobile but he did not answer. I have asked one of my friend to check about him. I will inform you once I get some information about him.

Regards.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:33 am

thanks bro. hussain.

may god bless you and bro. insaf.

i am really disappointed that no one (except you) has bothered to respond.

JC

Unread post by JC » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:22 am

Hello Bros specially AZ,

We all care for Bro Insaf and others .......... and I am positive people are reading posts here, like me. The only thing that we have nothing to add to this thread as we do not know anything ........... so Bro please do not be disappointed.

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:15 pm

Al Zulfiqar,
Although we wanted to be discreet about it, but since you asked we want to inform you that Insaf Sahab is doing OK but his wife has been seriously ill for quite some time. He is busy attending to his wife and has spent all his forutune on her treatment. He is of course distraught and too busy to devote time to the movement. Please pray for his wife and family.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:52 am

May Allah grant her shifa and cure her of her ailments and help Bro. Insaf through this difficult time.

Hussain_KSA

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:00 am

Bro Al Zulfiquar,

I spoke to him yesterday and as admin informed you he himself was sick besides his wife. He is recovering and very happy to recive my call. He thanks you and all the members for their caring. As you know now he is 75 years old but despite of his old age and other hurdles he is ambitious. He got weak eye side. I will pm you his cell number so you can give him a ring.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:38 am

"I will recite the Abyaat Sharifa Daily for the Shifa-E-Kulli"
Br AZ or Br Hussain if you talk to him please convey our best wishes and prayers for him and his wife's recovery and quality of life.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:51 am

I second that ^^

porus

Unread post by porus » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:02 am

Yes indeed, it is saddening to hear about the circumstances in which Insaf bhai finds himself. We had exchanged several emails but when I did not receive his reply to my last email, I had assumed that he was occupied elsewhere.

I am certain that all well-wishers on this forum will join me in praying for full for recovery of both Insaf bhai and his wife in every way necessary. Inshallah.

Allah yushfihim.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:14 am

dear admin,

my prayers are always with bhai insaf and his family. it has been bothering me since quite a while why he hasnt made an appearance here since long.

br. hussain, please send me his cell no. so i can convey best wishes to him on behalf of all forum members. i have unstinted praise and admiration for him. he is one person who in the face of extreme provocations has never lost his cool or his innate decency. it is patently obvious to anyone who has read his posts that he is a passionate and sincere supporter of our community but also a most ardent fighter against injustice. he has suffered pain, violence and isolation for his principled stand, but never backed down or resorted to convenient compromises by selling his soul to the devil.

in many ways he reminds me of my late father in his simplicity of speech, his sincerity, honesty and integrity. age eventually overcomes us all and his resources are limited, i can't even imagine what he must be going through.

thanks bros. sbm, anajmi, jc, boom, porus et al for praying for him and his family. i will surely mention all of you ny name when i talk to bhai insaf.

SAJJAD

Unread post by SAJJAD » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Salamun Alaikum Dear Brothers and Sisters:

Please recite 'Amman Yujeebul Mudhtarra Idhaa Da’aahu Wa Yakshifus-Sooa' five times, as well as recite Surah-e-Hamd for the health of Saifuddin Insaf Saheb and his wife.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:16 pm

I pray for Insafbhai and his wife's speedy recovery. May Allah restore his health and give him strength to accomplish his mission of rooting out corruption in the administration of the bohra clergy.

Haggi

Unread post by Haggi » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:56 am

Get well wishes for your wife and yourself and take care.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:48 pm

i spoke at length with saifuddinbhai over the weekend and conveyed the concerns of all the members of this forum. i mentioned all of you by name and he recognised most of you. he was very touched with everyone's well wishes and prayers for him and his wife, but what moved him most was the fact that due to health reasons and other personal family issues he has not been able to devote time to the progressive movement which includes this forum and chronicle among others.

he is actively thinking to employ an assistant who would help him to read and reply to the numerous emails, letters and requests he receives everyday. i was pleasantly surprised and gladdened to note that he still possesses the indomitable spirit, energy and resolve to fight the corruption, abuse and persecution inflicted by the clergy upon the gullible and trusting bohra masses.

he lamented the fact that with the inexorable passage of time and the ravages of old age, coupled with the relentless onslaught of the cunning clergy, the bohras are losing their history, heritage and rich inheritance of culture, arts and philantrophy. his voice shook with nostalgia and grief when he recounted the passing away of the numerous bohra shayars of the past who wrote such beautiful poetry. it was pretty obvious how close shayari is to his heart.

i will communicate individually with some of you on how we can help this simple but great personality in his fight for reform and his struggle to survive.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Bro Zulfiqar,
Please, do count me in.. I'm even planning to travel to India this year for a few months just to gasps and get a better understanding of the things you have mentioned that we are about to lose.. And my time there, I would be honored if I got the chance to meet people like Dr.Engineer Saheb, Saifuddin Saheb, ghulam muhammed Saheb and a few others..

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:36 pm

thank you boom.

please send me your pvt email, and if you want to create an anonymous one which will not identify you by name, please do so. i will pass on the contacts of a few trusted reform minded friends whom you can meet while in india and not only help to invigorate the reform movement but enlighten yourself on our history with facts and figures.

right now bhai insaf needs personal help as he is in dire straits and that is priority no. 1.

asad

Unread post by asad » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:36 am

BooM wrote:Bro Zulfiqar,
Please, do count me in.. I'm even planning to travel to India this year for a few months just to gasps and get a better understanding of the things you have mentioned that we are about to lose.. And my time there, I would be honored if I got the chance to meet people like Dr.Engineer Saheb, Saifuddin Saheb, ghulam muhammed Saheb and a few others..
Do meet some aamils and madarsa moallims with your questions and see how they respond. try it in two ways once tell them you are from some foreign place and with few others tell them you are a local, check the diff in answer.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:33 am

Sounds like a good plan but you could also accompany me so I can see it in your perspective :wink:

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:34 pm

asad wrote:Do meet some aamils and madarsa moallims with your questions and see how they respond. try it in two ways once tell them you are from some foreign place and with few others tell them you are a local, check the diff in answer.
Bro BooM,

When you introduce yourself as a foreigner then dont forget to mention that you are loaded with lots of green bucks and when you go to them as locals then tell them that you are from some remote village in gujarat or rajasthan and also wear soiled Saya kurta and topi. :)