Poverty in Ahmedabad

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
bohraji

Re: Poverty in Ahmedabad

Unread post by bohraji » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:35 am

Salaam Alaikum Everybody.
Thank you very much for your appreciation, good wishes and for trusting me enough to beleive that I will carry out this noble deed. The truth is there are so many people to thank for. It was the insistence of SBM to send him a private message as he wanted to help. Later because of him many chipped in. Admin has been kind enough to make the paypal account and then there are the overseers of this account ,to whom I send all the details, I do not want to name them as they all want to remain annonymous. Almost all the donors have requested annonymity as well.
I would like to inform you that the dollars are still unused as we wanted to save enough for ramadan. We have used the Indian Rupees and to let you know that our private group, working at the ground level are still making their contributions. We will now purchase for Ramadan Inshallah.
This drive has brought people together from both the sides and it is sad to see that it is people from the orthodox side who have been against it. I have got PM's asking for my identity under different excuses. Then there are people who have posted lies saying that there is nothing like what I ahve described. I have even posted the addresses of the places where help is needed. Unfortunately there are some people who see this as a threat to their authority. I have been contacted by a young man ,also from Ahmedabad, who wrote against me on this very thread. But then he realised and just a few weeks ago, he started on his own at my insistence and helped an old poor bohra kakaji.
Then there are also the likes of Rabeha Solar, who wanted to know my identity and those who were being helped, just so that those poor souls may be harrassed. I even gave him the places and details where he might find enough people to be helped. But then he posted lies and disappeared.
I do not understand as to why a helping hand is considered a threat to ones own authority.
So many of us are unaware. A gentleman, who is a jamaat member in a foreign land ,thought that the jamaat of ahmedabad is unaware. The irony is that the devdi is located at 3 gates area and in order to enter the Devdi of Ahmedabad, one has to go through the foothpaths where Dawoodi bohras have set up mats on the ground selling their wares. These are called patharas. Even all teh shahzaadas know about the poverty, They know this because there is an unusally high arzi for rozi from Ahmedabad. This has allways surprised the shahhzaadas when they come here.
Ihave asked people to start their own groups in their watan. Help one person,one family a time and slowly others will chip in. Start by Rs 10 per day. RS 300 is quite affordable. You can do a daily sadaqa of Rs 10 a day and this way you can give a pouch of milk to a needy family every day.
This Ramadan, before you decided to give the fat charges to the already rich.Please think twice.Surely you must be knowing of a mumin who could make better use of the money. Also try to support the small Bohra traders. Buy stuff from theses small shops.They are true and geneuine and the money will o a long way. Avoid big shops unless necessary.Buy your foodstuff from a bohra kirana wala and also try to trade with bohras as far as possible. This will ease their suffering.
JAK
Bohraji

truebohra

Unread post by truebohra » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:28 am

All,
Ramadan Mubarak. From tomorrow onward days near & dear to Allah SWT would start. It time for Self Reflection / Ibadat / Muawasat & Khair na Amal. There is no bigger Khair No Amal then helping Mumineen brethren in need. Help not as a Rich donating to a poor but helping as fellow brother in faith. Bohraji has started a very good cause. its appeal to my brothers & followers of H.H Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin (TUS) to come forward and contribute to this cause. I would also appeal Bohraji to keep this cause independent of Reformist agenda. Please keep it free from comparison such as Kothar is doing less & we are doing more & abusing anyone from either side be it Kothar or Reformist. The aim is Mowasat & we will keep it that way. Kothar is doing whatever they can do. But its also up on each of us individual to contribute for the well being of our community. This is what is taught to us by our Bawa Shafiq (tus). If brothers from my side are not comfortable donating through this site. They can cor-ordinate with bohraji & Mustafa nalwala to find out ways & means to do it. Believe me Bohraji & Mustafabhai are also from us.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:30 am

Br Truebohra
As much as I agree with you about not using abusive language for Syedna-his Mansoos and Dawat why not highlight the good work done by anyone
be a Reformist or Ortho. This cause of helping Poor Mumineens are equally done by both sides and as such should be acknowledged.
Having said that I HOPE PEOPLE FROM BOTH SIDE OF SPECTRUM WILL CONTINUE HELPING LESS FORTUNATE AMONGST US AND LET US HOPE WE CAN INCREASE OUR TARGET COLLECTION SO MORE PEOPLE CAN BE HELPED DURING THE MONTH OF RAMADAN INSHALLAH

ahmedplumber

Unread post by ahmedplumber » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:34 am

Hello All,

To update everyone, the money that was collected through PayPal in USD amounted to USD 1700/- as of 2 days ago.

USD 1500/- of the funds have been converted to Indian Rupees, amounting to Rs. 81,000/- and this was transferred to Ahmedabad to the people responsible for providing the food packets.

USD 200/- is still retained in the account.

We will shortly be posting details on how many packets have been made but this might take some time simply because none of us are involved at the ground level and we need to rely on others to provide us with the information.

However, an appeal once again, 8 Rozas are over today. We still have 22 Rozas more to go to make a difference and help someone celebrate a happier Eid. Please, please everybody, contribute whatever you can. Even Rs. 100/- will help in buying a packet of oil and sugar.

Please, if we wont donate in the month of Ramzan, then i dont know when we will

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:59 am

"Dikrii o Kawaari che yahaan,
Pan mola ne hamari fikar kahaan.
janab ne paisa jo tame aapo cho
E koi baccha na munh no niwala hato......"

truebohra

Unread post by truebohra » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:07 am

As life evolves, so does charity and the way it is done. And what better time to witness the kind outpouring than the month of Ramzan. Most Muslims across the world try to do as much charity as possible during this season. The reason is that anyone who does a good deed is blessed by the lord 70 times over some say. It is the month when the Holy Quran was revealed to the Prophet.While on and off, there have always been efforts to streamline such charity work for the optimum benefit of the needy — and more importantly go beyond merely providing food to the poor — they have seen little success. As divided as ever in the sects they follow, Muslims have not been able to put their charity under one umbrella. Hence, most continue to do it at a personal level. To an extent, the Dawoodi Bohra community has proved to be an exception, having managed to not just streamline its charity work but also take it beyond the bread and butter needs of the poor.As part of the community’s ever increasing initiatives, its head, His Holiness Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, this time conducted public repair works. Around 400 families spread across Mumbai were provided with free repairs for water leaks and electrical fittings and some paint jobs before Ramzan began. The idea, say members involved with it, is to improve the community members’ living conditions further. For a person earning a few thousand rupees, Ramzan tends to increase expenses. In the month of monsoon when the person has to get up early and work all day without food, life can only get more testing. To ensure that some of the hassle is spared, the recent initiative was taken up........

http://www.dnaindia.com/analysis/column ... er_1718863

olum

Unread post by olum » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:06 am

olum

Unread post by olum » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:07 am

distributing such food packets are not new for dawoodi bohras, syedna(tus) is doing this from years and years.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Mr Olum
The first link no one can open since ALL THE ABDE DB SITES DECIDED TO FOLLOW THE IMAM AND WENT IN PURDAH
The last two links does not prove that it is from Kothar All I know it can be from Edhi Foundation Warehouse. Any time Kotharis do something they have an Aamil present to show if off along with STD mumineens

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:06 pm

olum wrote:distributing such food packets are not new for dawoodi bohras, syedna(tus) is doing this from years and years.
"Varson si parika apaaye che"
Olum nu aa kehvu che.
Ramzaan ma pan jhooth bole !
Aaa to mara gaam no Amil che !

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:14 am

@ OLUM
"Taara Munh ma gandh,taaraa dimagh ma gaandh
Taara aakha hulia ma gandh aj gandh.
Mubarak divas ma achu bol,
Allah si dar, naiki tol.
SBM no picho chor,
Ek mumin ni gareebi tor.
Bohraji ne paisa aap,
Dhovai jaase taara paap."

olum

Unread post by olum » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:10 am

mnoorani wrote:@ OLUM
Allah si dar, naiki tol.
SBM no picho chor,
Ek mumin ni gareebi tor.
Bohraji ne paisa aap,

when losers like u are caught with there pants down, they sing the same songs :mrgreen:

this whole charity episode was a slap on face of idiot progs and there sympathizers, syedna(tus) is doing much more then u can even think off.

its just been proved with photographs..........and yet there is not a single witness from plumber or halwayi how many people they have helped lol

olum

Unread post by olum » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:17 am

plumber,halwayi,darji,bhangi all are invited to comment on it. :mrgreen:

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:32 am

Still doe not prove it is from Kothar I have said many times that Khidmatguzars are helping and I have contributed to
their causes directly too. Just because they had Raza does not prove that Kothar has contributed the money for the distribution.
Show us the proof that the contribution came from Syedna
It is like when they say Jaman Moula Turf si chey while people of the Jamaat are asked to contribute. Thaali another example people are asked to pay for the tiffin and still Syedna gets credit. Wah bhi Wah, su nirali shaan chey

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:17 am

olum wrote:plumber,halwayi,darji,bhangi all are invited to comment on it. :mrgreen:
Plumber ,Halwayi,Darji ,Bhangi
bhadda khaaye halal ni roti.
Shaah zaada ne haraam nu joway
Mehnat nahin,bija ni ziyafat lutaway
Malik al Ashter, jewu naam aapu
Ali na hujjat ne badnaam kidu !

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:49 pm

It looks like olum is our reincarned Freiend

ahmedplumber

Unread post by ahmedplumber » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:22 am

olum wrote:
mnoorani wrote:@ OLUM
Allah si dar, naiki tol.
SBM no picho chor,
Ek mumin ni gareebi tor.
Bohraji ne paisa aap,

when losers like u are caught with there pants down, they sing the same songs :mrgreen:

this whole charity episode was a slap on face of idiot progs and there sympathizers, syedna(tus) is doing much more then u can even think off.

its just been proved with photographs..........and yet there is not a single witness from plumber or halwayi how many people they have helped lol

Friend Olum, are you by any chance referring to me?

Please clarify before i may post an answer

olum

Unread post by olum » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:44 am

was my post directed to u?

ahmedplumber

Unread post by ahmedplumber » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:29 am

olum wrote:was my post directed to u?

I dont know buddy, you tell me.

You ended your post with "and yet there is not a single witness from plumber or halwayi how many people they have helped lol"

And my name is Ahmed Plumber.

So you tell me if it was directed to me or not. Not the entire post, but the last line.

olum

Unread post by olum » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:43 am

lol no I dont meean you :wink:

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:50 am

The late Mukasir sold liquor in his hotel,with raza.
Ahmed Plumber feeds a poor mumin without raza.
Forget halal or haram.
But which is the better optin?

pheonix

Unread post by pheonix » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:22 am

mnoorani wrote:The late Mukasir sold liquor in his hotel,with raza.
Forget halal or haram.
The first one

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:50 am

pheonix wrote:
Forget halal or haram.
The first one
Bija ni pan bhatti hati,
aaj pan saudi ma mojuud che.
Phoenix to che kothar nu Mullo,
Aaje thai gayo ye laanati.

Laanat Pano Mubarak !

ahmedplumber

Unread post by ahmedplumber » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:32 am

pheonix wrote:
Forget halal or haram.
The first one

@ Pheonix - i really hope you mean it in sarcasm!

@ mnoorani - who said i did it without raza from my Maula, my Dai?

I have appealed to my Dai and my Allah in my heart, to give me more to help the poor

olum

Unread post by olum » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:57 am

brother ahmed, fact is u dont need any raza to feed poor, coz syedna(tus) have told in open waez numerous time that momeen shud help momeen in every tuff condition, and I must say u doing a good work.and huzurs(tus) raza is already with u.

but when the thing goes that u are mixing ur halaal and hard earn money with these idiots (progs and there sympathizers) this is where things goes wrong.u shud avoid there napak money getting in stomach of a momeen.

u never know whats the source of this SBM and his alikes money is, may be they are involve in drugs,pimping or may be some thing like that, would u like ur brother momeen get feeded with such napak money?specially in ramadan?

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:11 am

u never know whats the source of this SBM and his alikes money is, may be they are involve in drugs,pimping or may be some thing like that, would u like ur brother momeen get feeded with such napak money?specially in ramadan?[/quote]

How do you think Muffy Mola has been fed with ?
His sasra was owning Ambassador hotel and they sold liquor, Daaru ni kamai.They have rented out property to wine shop and banks that is earning money through haraam means.
"Mansoos karse su khataa
Ehna sasra to daru vech ta hata"

Fateh

Unread post by Fateh » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:44 am

olum wrote:brother ahmed, fact is u dont need any raza to feed poor, coz syedna(tus) have told in open waez numerous time that momeen shud help momeen in every tuff condition, and I must say u doing a good work.and huzurs(tus) raza is already with u.

but when the thing goes that u are mixing ur halaal and hard earn money with these idiots (progs and there sympathizers) this is where things goes wrong.u shud avoid there napak money getting in stomach of a momeen.

u never know whats the source of this SBM and his alikes money is, may be they are involve in drugs,pimping or may be some thing like that, would u like ur brother momeen get feeded with such napak money?specially in ramadan?
we also do not know the source of those who are giving jiyafat to syedna saheb is ,may be they are involved in drugs,pimping or may be some thing like that ,would you like our moulla get feeded with such napak money? specially in Ramadan?

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:51 am

Can someone please post the name of the shahzada who was caught at the customs in Sri Lanka,trying to smuggle diamonds in his pagri.............
and the name of the dai who was expelled fom Tanzania on charges of money laundering..............

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:36 am

olum wrote:brother ahmed, fact is u dont need any raza to feed poor, coz syedna(tus) have told in open waez numerous time that momeen shud help momeen in every tuff condition, and I must say u doing a good work.and huzurs(tus) raza is already with u.

Well Olum
I know my money is Halal but I also know the money Shaukat Sarkar and his family gave to Syedna and his Shazaadas are really Napak as his family was involved everything you mentioned. Many Shazaadas were given Stolen BMW and they are residing in Sarkar Tower in Mazgaon in Mumbai. When Shaukat was killed (a supari) many Kothari Qasre Aali went to his house and btw Shaukat Sarkar was knighted as SHAIKH,