Poverty in Ahmedabad

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
SBM

Re: Poverty in Ahmedabad

Unread post by SBM » Wed May 02, 2012 3:58 pm

abde53 wrote:so bohraji
how many people did you feed, seems that progressives did not help you much.because i do not see any more of SBM and your postings it is better for you and people who need help contact shabab or the aamil and they will be taken care by our shafiq bawa TUS and people of our community
abde53
I hope you and your elks like Murtaza VD and Murtaza 2152 are satisfied. The best part is Bohraji already accounted for the money received and money spent in timely fashion I wish we can say the same about our Jamaats and Kothar. Humanbeing should be proud of this transparency and accountability. I hope you and your elks now can put your money where you mouth is metaphorically speaking otherwise put your money in the mouth of people who are most deserving instead of the fat Najwas to Zaadas. May Allah show you the right path

MurtazaVds

Unread post by MurtazaVds » Wed May 02, 2012 11:53 pm

SBM
Its not only you who are doing charity or helping people
even if i also do that but the diffrence is i do not share it on loudspeaker lyk what you are doing

the help or charity or any thing should be like this k "seedhe hath se do to ulte hath ko bhi pata na chale"
SBM wrote:[May Allah show you the right path
yea may ALLAH SWT show you the right path

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Thu May 03, 2012 1:05 am

abde53 wrote:so bohraji
how many people did you feed, seems that progressives did not help you much.because i do not see any more of SBM and your postings it is better for you and people who need help contact shabab or the aamil and they will be taken care by our shafiq bawa TUS and people of our community
Abde53,

First and foremost do you agree that poverty exists in DB's ??

if Yes then its futile who helps them, be it progressive or shabab or any non DB, Non Muslim who ever helps them that counts. Just to have some brownie points dont try to discredit some thing good done by Bohraji. It takes a lot of efforts to mobilize help on grass root level. Donate atleast 1% of your income that will also make a difference. Help people on yourself that will give you more satisfaction than just putting it in some charity box.

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Thu May 03, 2012 1:08 am

MurtazaVds wrote:SBM
even if i also do that but the diffrence is i do not share it on loudspeaker lyk what you are doing

the help or charity or any thing should be like this k "seedhe hath se do to ulte hath ko bhi pata na chale"
MurtazaVds,

Due to SBM's shouting Bohraji is able to generate more than 50k, so shouting also works. Both ways are correct, being discreet in your charity is preached but often telling others motivates them.

May Allah give us the Taufiq and Quwwat to help our brethren and show us the right path

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu May 03, 2012 8:41 am

MurtazaVds wrote:SBM

Murtaza VD
I hope that you are helping people and May Allah reward you for your discreet help. Everyone who has contributed for the cause started on this forum has been helping people in their own way and they have contributed generously and NO ONE HAS IDENTIFIED WHO THOSE CONTRIBUTORS ARE AND THEY HAVE REQUESTED TO KEEP IT DISCREET
]Now please explain to me how it is different that when I am asking people to help and identifying the causes I am a show off and When Kothari Goons do a small charitable work they call Media and their Abde Websites sings the praises for them which usually does not help the commoners rather it is PR stunt How does saving a sparrow helps Mumins living in Jhopadpatti or unable to send their children to school
Please list the name of organizations who are discreetly providing social services , so we can contact them and ask them to help these unfortunate amongst us. These people have self respect and they decided not to beg an Aamil or shabab for the fear of being humiliated. You do not even know who is receiving help just a description by Bohraji for transparency purposes
SO HERE IS THE DEAL WOULD YOU DISCREETLY CONTRIBUTE TO THIS CAUSE AND HELP MUMIN BHAI AND BHEN IN NEED?

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Thu May 03, 2012 9:11 am

Dear abde 53,
Salaam Alaikum.
You had questioned me directly and I have written quite a lenghty reply.
Is it not time enough for you answer ?

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:52 am

bohraji wrote:Dear abde 53,
Salaam Alaikum.
You had questioned me directly and I have written quite a lenghty reply.
Is it not time enough for you answer ?
yes bohraji bhai i saw your reply and i hope that many of our members from shabab will join you. i do not have much money to contribute but i will try to contribute thru the forum website . after reading your postings i believe we have some problem with our mumineens.
thank you for helping them

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Thu May 03, 2012 12:37 pm

@ Abde 53 Bhai,
Alhamdo lillahe rabbil AAlameen.
I am very happy that you recognise the problem mumineen brethren are facing.You do not have to be wealthy to help.I am asking you to give just a hundred rupees .Yes even RS 100 will make a difference we have acase of two families who are struggling wth the kids fees and two people on the forum had offered help but they never contacted them.If people even give a hunded rupees each then we can take care of the fees for these kids.
There are two ways you can do it On the Forum Administrator has created an account specifically for this Click on Donate on the right hand top corner and two windows will pop up, one for Poverty and other is for the Forum

the other way is send money directly to me but please go thru donation at this forum since it is a paypal account , you will also get the receipt and Administrator will send the entire amount to me for helping people

Alhamdullilah we are making difference
Remember we just need 100 rs each.

JAK
Bohraji

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Fri May 04, 2012 5:37 am

Abde53

I don’t doubt your intention, but your opinion that Shabab will join to help is not very satisfactory. When a Orthodox bohra comes forward to help directly, jamaat discourage them and ask them to donate the funds to their jamat and leave the distribution judgement to jamaat holders. If any such contributers demand an accountability or seek information on use of funds, we all know what happens !

Kothar or Jamaats are very smart in handling such charity issues. They would enroll the needy to become an e jamat card . sabeel / wajebat / hoob paying member and then provide any assistance. Conveniently leveling out the payment with receipts. At one hand will give assistance and on another hand take away in name of sabeel, wajebaat and other taxes.

Recently during Galiyakot Tour, millions were collected from Ziyafats and other Kothari services. While sayedna sahib announced a donation of Rs 2 crores something to the Galiyakot development. So while you are busy seeing the half glass full in good faith, Kothari retinue is filling their coffers by the buckets.

We don’t need massive resorts and expansive landscaped gardens around musoleoums of pious and simple saints. What is needed is housing complexes for homeless or less fortunate. We need world class educational institutes at reasonable prices for one and all, enabling kids to develop deeni and duniyaa intellect to make a good life and be a productive member of the society and not a cult worshipping race.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sat May 05, 2012 2:52 am

Hey Refree MN

Relax ! Im not amplifying the dark side or whatever you are accusing me of. Read my post and see the trick of Kothari inc.

Abde53 is in big doubt to help poor, he doesn’t trust people who are working towards it. Our dear abde53 thinks and believes that there are no poor or hungry in bohra community. Least he could do is, offer his kind words and pray for the unfortunate people. He believes Jamaat or Shabaab can take care of them. Sure ! it would be great if they do, go ahead and spread the word, poverty is out there in open, no secrecy, no taqiyet ! Abde53 or anyone else does not need assurances, reach out and verify yourself.

Which old stories I m repeating like a broken record ! read my post again !

I m not wearing any dark tinted glasses, but surely abdes are blind folded !!

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Sat May 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Brothers,

Regardless of belief, I request you to come forward and help the less fortunate fellow brothers who desperately needs aid. There is a family having widow with no earning member, a handicapped woman with her old husband and we have peoples struggling for two time meal. I can understand money is a factor but its never too big to restrict you from doing so, if you really want to do. Don't contribute regularly if you cant, just contribute once.
Don't give thousands if you cant, don't give hundreds if you can't, just give a mere hundred rupees, it will also do.

Lets try to do following, i hope many of us can do that :-
1.) Skip just one sunday outing ( dinner) with your family, eat a home made food and contribute that part of money in the cause.
2.) Recharge your mobile by Rs. 399, Instead of Rs. 499 for once and you will have that 100 Rs in pocket which can feed a fellow mumeen for a day.
3.) Next time you plan a movie of ur fav actor @ multiplex, give a break to it and watch @ home instead. It can be couple of month school fee for a poor student.
4.) Hey students, birthday coming up and throwing a party ?? Lets celebrate it other way this time and probably you don't need to lie to your parents this time.
5.) Hey young guns, planning a date with gf ?? Spare a thought for above brethren & postponed it for the next time. If She true to u, she'll be glad with this gift.

Thank You !

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat May 05, 2012 4:15 pm

Br Staranger
Very well said, Since I have been in touch with many of the people thru PM, let me say that it is really nice to see how people from both side of spectrum have come together for this cause. Bohraji will update about the entire amount received
Administration has opened up a link to donate the money on this forum BELIEVE IT IT IS VERY DISCREET AND SECURE FORM WE ALREADY HAVE ABOUT 5-6 PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY DONATED THRU THIS WEBSITE AND THE MONEY WILL BE TURNED OVER TO BOHRAJI FOR DISTRIBUTION
IT DOES NOT MATTER WHETHER WE AGREE WITH EACH OTHER ABOUT VERIFYING THE TRUE IMAM OR DAI BUT IT IS A FACT THAT WE HAVE BOHRA FAMILIES WHO ARE HAVING DIFFICULTIES AND MANY FROM BOTH SIDE HAVE COME TOGETHER
Again only Kothari Defenders like Adam-Progticide-Profstian do not see the problem. Adam helps his own way but unfortunately unlike him asking everyone to verify he would not allow us to verify about his help (I really do not trust Kothari Goons when it comes to financial dealings and Adam seems to be one of them, sorry my personal opinion)
But indeed Bohraji and all others thank you for your kind donations and since everyone has requested anonymity I nor Administration will reveal the names
May Allah reward all of those and specially Bohraji and his family for the real hard work of distribution and making sure the families are taken care of.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat May 05, 2012 4:21 pm

SBM wrote:Again only Kothari Defenders like Adam-Progticide-Profstian do not see the problem
They are very busy seeing ziafats, mafsusiyats, hadiyats and the great salgirah carnival. After seeing these can they believe that there IS poverty in bohras ??

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Sat May 05, 2012 4:24 pm

all on this forum
i have received many send me a pm about me suspecting bohraji and sbm about helping people, well let me say that i suspected about the motives of progees and i thought they are doing to give bad name to our shafiq bawa TUS and syedi wa moulai muffadal bs TUS but after reading their pms specially from our die hard mumineen who have issues with progees but they told me that bohraji and sbm are doing the real khidmat and everyone is giving
i am here to say to bohraji and sbm bhai i am sorry i now know that we have problems and even though it is not our moula's fault but it is aamil in that jamaat who should take care of every mumin who is suffering
i will donate the money thru this forum as i have been given guarantee that money for this purpose will be used to help our mumin bhai and bhen and i will be able to print the receipt since it is paid through paypal. atleast now we know that this forum is atleast good for something.
may allah with wasila of our shafiq bawa TUS reward bohraji for his help and everyone else who took time to expalin and open my eyes thru pm

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat May 05, 2012 4:31 pm

I have received a memo from the Dai via the Amil that anyone that any abde who wants to donate money on this forum has to get raza from haq na saheb by presenting an envelope to the Dai with the same amount or more than what you are planning to donate. This is in line with the actions of the prophet (saw) and Hazrat Ali when he asked for raza from the prophet (saw) to do jihad. The first two times he asked, raza was not given because he did not present an envelope. The third time, after hazrat Ali gave an envelope, raza was given. Any abde moomin who donates without raza will not be helping the poor in ahmedabad but will be making it worse for them because the Dai sends laanat on people who don't pay him for raza. And sending laanat is according to the Quran.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat May 05, 2012 5:19 pm

anajmi wrote:I have received a memo from the Dai via the Amil that anyone that any abde who wants to donate money on this forum has to get raza from haq na saheb by presenting an envelope to the Dai with the same amount or more than what you are planning to donate. This is in line with the actions of the prophet (saw) and Hazrat Ali when he asked for raza from the prophet (saw) to do jihad. The first two times he asked, raza was not given because he did not present an envelope. The third time, after hazrat Ali gave an envelope, raza was given. Any abde moomin who donates without raza will not be helping the poor in ahmedabad but will be making it worse for them because the Dai sends laanat on people who don't pay him for raza. And sending laanat is according to the Quran.
Br Anajmi
I hope that some abdes not take your satirical posting and read as real and not donate to a good cause. They may take it literally.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat May 05, 2012 5:35 pm

SBM wrote:I hope that some abdes not take your satirical posting and read as real and not donate to a good cause. They may take it literally
Bro SBM,

You are highly mistaken. Abdes take only those words literally which suits their agenda and for all others they dump is aside as 'tawil nu bayan chhe'. Dont you see how they interprate quranic ayahs and even daimul islam to some extent ?

mmv

Unread post by mmv » Mon May 07, 2012 12:28 am

Admin,

The Paypal shows USD,Can't it be Set to Rs also, and what to select is State and Zip code if Payment is from India.
Can Admin make the Changes,

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon May 07, 2012 4:14 am

mustafanalwalla wrote:Abde53 is in big doubt to help poor, he doesn’t trust people who are working towards it. Our dear abde53 thinks and believes that there are no poor or hungry in bohra community. Least he could do is, offer his kind words and pray for the unfortunate people." - HELLO. READ A LITTLE CLEARLY, HE HAS SEEN THE ERROR OF HIS WAYS AND HAS DECIDED TO CONTRIBUTE!!!
WTF !! where does bohraji come in the picture ?? and I commented on abde53’s comments. Duhh !!
abde53 wrote:khatarnaak 54 bhai
we need more people like you to put these progreesive dushman to tell us who do they believe in. bhai what do you think about these progiees trying to help mumineens of ahmedabad, do you think we can trust them, i like to help them i am not rich but i am thinking to make small donation but i am not sure if they can be trusted, adam bhai,progticide bhai and profstian bhai have not replied anything so i am not sure if i can trust them either, what do you think.Do you think we have poor mumin if our shafiq bawa TUS is taking care of them how can we trust progies when our shafiq bawa TUS says through our aamils that our moula TUS and mansoos TUS knows everything and he has his thanda saya and barakat on our muminen so how can they be hungry but i will give them some money
mustafanalwalla wrote:"Which old stories I m repeating like a broken record ! read my post again !" - THE SAME OLD STORIES ABOUT HOW WE SHOULD BE DOING THIS AND DOING THAT. GROW UP LITTLE BOY. ATLEAST BOHRAJI IS PUTTING HIS MONEY WHERE HIS MOUTH IS. HE IS DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
WTF !! where does bohraji come in the picture ?? when did I say what / when / how should be done this or that...
mustafanalwalla wrote:"I m not wearing any dark tinted glasses, but surely abdes are blind folded !!" - AGREED. WE MIGHT BE BLINDFOLDED, BUT ATLEAST PEOPLE LIKE BOHRAJI ARE DOING SOMETHING TO REMOVE THE BLINDFOLDS. YOU JUST KEEP INSISTING ON TALKING, TALKING, TALKING... BOY, YOU MUST REALLY LOVE THE SOUND OF YOUR OWN VOICE.
WTF !! where does bohraji come in the picture ?? and how do you conclude that, I m just talking (3) …
mustafanalwalla wrote:Large caps for 2 reasons - 1) to distinguish and 2) im pissed off
1) You need better eye glasses, intellect and concentration to distinguish, comprehend what is posted. [ It’s a pun] (don’t take it literally please)

2) Cool off, take a walk, and chill. If you read well, you wont be pissed off !!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MN

I don’t want to get into mud fight and waste space and time on this issue, you are still an affable person just confused !.. Lets spare members from this kitty fight ! there are enough wolves howling on other threads dancing in colourful disgust. (take it on a lighter note)

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Mon May 07, 2012 4:51 am

MN and HB,

Can you please take your ranting against each other in PM and leave the thread for the cause it was started for.

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Mon May 07, 2012 5:04 am

aqs wrote:MN and HB,

Can you please take your ranting against each other in PM and leave the thread for the cause it was started for.
Seconded.

Dear MN and HB,
Guys, certainly its not pleasant to see you fighting , It doesn't suits on either of you. Can you please try to avoid it ?

bohraji

Arz For Dua

Unread post by bohraji » Wed May 16, 2012 4:58 am

The seniormost and the most active member of our group is in the ICCU.
I request all to pray for her speedy recovery and that she may be home.
JAK
Bohraji

Hussain_KSA

Re: Arz For Dua

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Wed May 16, 2012 5:02 am

May Allah (SWT) give her health and prosperity. Ameen

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Wed May 16, 2012 6:15 am

May Allah grant him Shifa and give strength to his family.

Power of prayers for sick is enormous.

The following dua' is given in "Fortress of the Muslim", to be recited for one who is ill:
Dua for sickness and ill health

Transliteration: 'As'alullaahal-'Adheema Rabbal-'Arshil-'Adheemi 'an yashfiyaka.
Meaning: I ask Almighty Allah , Lord of the Magnificent Throne, to make you well. (Recite seven times in Arabic)
Reference: At-Tirmithi, Abu Dawud. See also Al-Albani, Sahih At-Tirmithi 2/210 and Sahihul-Jami' As-Saghir 5/180.
http://www.zawaj.com/askbilqis/dua-in-i ... o-is-sick/

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed May 16, 2012 7:36 am

She is in our prayers. Inshallah all her good deeds in helping poor Dawoodi Bohras in Ahmedabad will be rewarded.

think

Unread post by think » Wed May 16, 2012 10:53 am

may allah relieve her pain. my duaa for her speedy recovery. Ameen

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Thu May 17, 2012 1:28 am

May God ease her suffering and give shifa so that she works again for the downtrodden of our community.

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Sat May 19, 2012 2:36 am

Salaam Alaikum Everybody.
With the support of a few members of this forum we have been able to raise RS 15000 and an amount of USD 225 is in the paypal account as of now.A common PM is being sent time and again to all the donors when ever a donation is made and with the details of where the money is used.We have bought 120 packets of RS 100 each and one packet is distributed daily as sadaqa to aneedy family.Just recently a mumin bhai donated rs 3000 for this food packet cause and we will be able to add tea and perhaps sugar as well .The food packets were bought of our resources and the bulk of rs 12000 has been given to two very old and sick couples,two very old widows and one old couple with a young widow and her children,We have put aside rs 12000 for the childrens rickshaw and tuition fees,(rs 1000 a month).The cash was given because it was a necessity.They are the poorest of the poor and money was needed for immediate medical needs and food for the case of one old single lady.
There are more people who need help and we need more help from our reader and forum members,Two people from the forum have been assigned as overseers and they are sent every detail .Two donors were given numbers of the people who require help but they called them up and no help was given.SBM has verified independantly in Ahmedabad if the money is being spent as siad or not and he got satisfactory answers.That should remove doubts from donors and would be donors.
It is great that the Thali scheme is there and atleast one meal of teh day is taken care of.However The bohras mentione are facing acute poverty and we have got people earning RS 2000 a month only.With parents and a child and a wife to take care of.
Muffaddal Maula is in Ahmedabad right now.I hope and pray that some scheme is announces for the rozgaari amd help is given towards housing and loans.Just out side his palace are the wretched of our community !
I would like to clarify more thing,All teh receipeints are die hard abdes and some are non bohra muslims.Even the ground work is being done by abdes,So please do not let yourself to be put in a discriminatory position.The Admin has kindly put up a paypal account for our conveniance and they are not influencing the distribution in any part at all.
JAK
Bohraji

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun May 27, 2012 6:47 am

Qalu Inna Lilla Hey Wa Inna Elhe Rajium
Bohraji just informed some of the members that the person who was part of group who was actively involved in helping poor in Ahmedabad
passed away loosing her battle. :cry:
I had spoken to her and her husband before getting involved with Bohraji on his project. She was of Orthodox fold and was an active social worker helping poor in our community. These are our unsung heroes about whom you will never hear a word from Kothari Goons. Qasr-e-Aaali will attend the funeral of Shaukat Sarkar but no mention will be made about her and her selfless and tireless work
May Allah grant her place in Jannat and may all her work and deed be rewarded.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun May 27, 2012 6:50 am

Qalu Inna Lilla Hey Wa Inna Elhe Rajium
Bohraji just informed some of the members on this froum that the person who was part of group who was actively involved in helping poor in Ahmedabad passed away loosing her battle with cancer :cry:
I had spoken to her and her husband before getting involved with Bohraji on his project. She was of Orthodox fold and was an active social worker helping poor in our community. These are our unsung heroes about whom you will never hear a word from Kothari Goons. Qasr-e-Aaali will attend the funeral of Shaukat Sarkar but no mention will be made about her and her selfless and tireless work
May Allah grant her place in Jannat and may all her work and deed be rewarded.
IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT ALL OF US WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THIS PROJECT CONTINUE THE WORK STARTED BY HER. PLEASE CONTINUE WITH YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS