Poverty in Ahmedabad

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
mnoorani

Re: Poverty in Ahmedabad

Unread post by mnoorani » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:11 am

level_headed wrote:@mnoorani -
Noorani ni anokhu thayu promotion
sarelu gujarati tajee ne apnaavee queen ni boli
wah bhai wah yeh kaisa ajeeb graduation
hashr ehno thaase wichhu ane saanp ni kholi
Saanp na zehar si to tu paida thayo,
Kothar na raaz tu na khol yahaan
Queen na desh ma to che Aisaab dafan
Wichu jevo kehno che Hashr ?

yusuf78

Unread post by yusuf78 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:17 am

It is most difficult in this world specially for human to help other human with significant amount of money and without considering that will return in some form of benefit. If kothari people really helps then according to my experience they help for name or some benefits only. Neither I m good reformist nor I am good believer of dai. But I have bad experience with jamaat and whatever they declare new rule or ask for khidmat I feel they are extreme selfish people. So even if some good human helps other people in their bad time and even hater or lover I believe even he lie to help others , it is not bad at all and he/she is angel for that person.

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:36 am

Thank you Yusuf bhai for your thoghts and words of encouragement.
Our volunteers at ground level are working regularly to provide food and necessites in Ahmedabad. There is a volunteer in Mumbai who taked care of a few families in Pune and In Ahmedabad,help is given out from two houses. A lot of people benefitted durring Ramadan. Mostly with food.We were able to help a lot of people with medical needs as well. Help is going on. Winter will soon approach. We do have USD 300 with the Admin and once the cold is felt then only we will come to know of new needs. Winter in Ahmedabad is severe. Apart from dawoodi bohras help is also given to a few non bohra muslims as well. Two ladies who were receiving our help passed away. One was an old dawoodi bohra lady and another was a non bohra muslim lady ,about whose death I already mentioned. There is a lady who is so old and fragile and forgetfull that one of our volunteer has to help her out with a little cash a few times a week. This lady live in Kalopur andmoney buys her the ready made food available there. We were approached by a poor muslim lady (whom we know) with a small grandchild whose elbow was smashed at an accident. Desperate for help we took care in part by offering her RS 2000 .She needed a total of RS 5000. We gave her another RS 2000 from our private fund. Plus again from our private money we will give her a pouch of milk and 3 eggs for a month so that the child may recover soon.
There are many such cases of which even I do not know. All is based on trust and the individuals at the ground level know best as to whom to distribute help. This is why we do not interfere and it is because of this non interference and total trust that we have been able to work smoothly for so long. Money is always welcome . If you wish ,you can donate. Admin has been kind enough to provide us with a pay
pal account.

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:38 am

Salaam alikum to all.
Please see my new post under the "zabihat in Ahmedabad" in " what is happening in your jamaat " section .

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:16 pm

A Bohra family kicked out from their home

Published on Oct 25, 2012

A rich Bohra property owner having high position in Jamat kicks out a Bohra family in Ahmedabad on street. Channel TV9 news. Kothar claims that they spend millions in welfare of Bohra but that is just propaganda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avmnmoW0dnk

Yusuf

Unread post by Yusuf » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:27 am

mufaddal and his cursed followers shud shoot them self.....

laanat Azim yaa rabbii

Ameen summa Ameen

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:05 pm

May Allah throw these people out on the streets too. Or out of their self promised jannat into the fire of jahannum.

This story was published in Oct of 2012. Any current updates on the status of this family?

Yusuf

Unread post by Yusuf » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:02 pm

not even gundaas/mafias will throw such poor man on street.

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:47 am

Salaam Alaikum everybody,
Much has happened since my appeal for help last year.
Alhamdolilah, We received funds from the few readers and the money was used well. The people from the forum who were involved to oversee and also the Admin was copied and in the know. People from both the sides know of the reality and were eager to help. Obviously this did not go well with the kothar and are hell bent on knowing my identity. This is why I did not post any pictures of the less fortunate brothers or their conditions as this will cause a lot of problems to the lady volunteers.
We are also trying to help people with surgeries and medical bills. How I wish that the kothar introduces a sponsored medical programme for the community ,where the rich would take care of the expenses ,much like the dabba scheme.
The dabba scheme is still working but the quality is dependent entirely on the wealth of the locality. For example the Shah E Alam area, which is inhabited by the rich timber merchants gets the best quality food where as some areas of Kalopur are a nightmare.
A new rule is to be introduced but still not into effect. Any one who does not avail of the dabba scheme will be fined RS 750 per month.
There are still people who need help and I once again appeal to everyone to donate for the cause.
JAK.
Bohraji

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:46 am

Bohraji well done

i am asking so people can copy your method and suggest improvements can you please describe what you collected in the year how you distributed, meaning what types of assistance was provided, you mentioned medical, some said education.

What is the long term plan...is this something that can go on

How do you sustain your revenue stream do you expect continuous donations or can you make part of your funds self sustaining.

The are many professionally run charities that manage funds, self sufficiency, follow up with the recipients,.

We can create replicate local proxies so more funds can be channelled and make them official so we can use tax deduction methods where you get 50 c from the tax man for every dollar donated and the 50 c can be given back to the charity.

The recipients can also be encouraged to assist another needy when they start becoming self sufficient and employed hence like a pyramid scheme one person helped can help someone there by doubling the reach of access. The Bohra once successful and going back becoming an abode where he starts donating to kothar is a wasted opportunity!

Create a health insurance scheme where foreign donors pay premiums @ 80% and the recipient pays 20% There making them more accountable and the fund runs efficiently .

The purpose should be to eradicate poverty and not help the needy so they have short term help.

Charities have to be run like business but not for profit..this way you maximise the benefits to the needy who are treated like customers, with integrity, care , respect and purpose is they over time become less reliant so you can broaden the people you can help change their lifestyles.

I know most of you will look at the emotional point and that is fine get the person out of the fix ...but what then after the week is the person still be in need and will they become dependent on handouts ?

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:22 am

bohraji wrote:Salaam Alaikum everybody,
Much has happened since my appeal for help last year.
Alhamdolilah, We received funds from the few readers and the money was used well. The people from the forum who were involved to oversee and also the Admin was copied and in the know. People from both the sides know of the reality and were eager to help. Obviously this did not go well with the kothar and are hell bent on knowing my identity. This is why I did not post any pictures of the less fortunate brothers or their conditions as this will cause a lot of problems to the lady volunteers.
We are also trying to help people with surgeries and medical bills. How I wish that the kothar introduces a sponsored medical programme for the community ,where the rich would take care of the expenses ,much like the dabba scheme.
The dabba scheme is still working but the quality is dependent entirely on the wealth of the locality. For example the Shah E Alam area, which is inhabited by the rich timber merchants gets the best quality food where as some areas of Kalopur are a nightmare.
A new rule is to be introduced but still not into effect. Any one who does not avail of the dabba scheme will be fined RS 750 per month.
There are still people who need help and I once again appeal to everyone to donate for the cause.
JAK.
Bohraji
Bohraji, who were the people from the Traditional Dawoodi Bohra side? i would like to know their name, i mean their site name. if you dont wish to put it here, pl send me a pm. dont worry, my intentions are not wrong but i want to know for sure before i decide

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Zinger Bhai or Bhai Ziner (Nagri or Surti)
last year when bohraji bhai started this effort, everybody including me joined him in helping, many members like hussian bhai-aqs bhai-sbm bhai-nalwala bhai and many others joined, administration of this forum also helped and i know that some of the people who are not even bohras and make fun of our faith also joined in this good cause and i think they raised more than 1500 dollars and bohraji bhai with his connection in Amdavad helped many people. his help was verified by many people in amdavad near the Roza.
why do you want to know the name of the people who received help, it is not good idea to make them feel bad, you know zinger bhai that we do have
poor mumineen and kothar is not helping them all. I request you not to ask who received the help just help them if you can. With the Wasila of Panjatan Pak and dua of our Sharif Bawaji saheb, everything will be taken care.

murtaza2152

Unread post by murtaza2152 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:38 pm

Abde53 Don't post bullshit we know who are you in disguise , you are showing your colors in your speech. so just shut up !

murtaza2152

Unread post by murtaza2152 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:46 pm

@ Bohraji it is kind you are helping poor people of our community but wanted to ask is this poor people knowing where is this money coming from ? what is the source of money ? who are giving this money ?

If they don't know please inform them that this money is from the ones who abuse your Dai, not whole amount but part of it , then also if they agree its cool .

But Bohraji you will be accountable to Allah if you give money without informing the source.

Regards.

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:05 am

murtaza2152 wrote:@ Bohraji it is kind you are helping poor people of our community but wanted to ask is this poor people knowing where is this money coming from ? what is the source of money ? who are giving this money ?

If they don't know please inform them that this money is from the ones who abuse your Dai, not whole amount but part of it , then also if they agree its cool .

But Bohraji you will be accountable to Allah if you give money without informing the source.

Regards.
The same thing applies to Sayedna. Is he verifies the source of fund he is collecting from dBs? That may be from black marketing,cheating etc.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:39 am

abde53 wrote:Zinger Bhai or Bhai Ziner (Nagri or Surti)
last year when bohraji bhai started this effort, everybody including me joined him in helping, many members like hussian bhai-aqs bhai-sbm bhai-nalwala bhai and many others joined, administration of this forum also helped and i know that some of the people who are not even bohras and make fun of our faith also joined in this good cause and i think they raised more than 1500 dollars and bohraji bhai with his connection in Amdavad helped many people. his help was verified by many people in amdavad near the Roza.
why do you want to know the name of the people who received help, it is not good idea to make them feel bad, you know zinger bhai that we do have
poor mumineen and kothar is not helping them all. I request you not to ask who received the help just help them if you can. With the Wasila of Panjatan Pak and dua of our Sharif Bawaji saheb, everything will be taken care.

do you know where the money went?

mind you, im not doubting anyone and im not suspecting anyone. before one helps with money, one would like to know. after all, the official reformist position is "accountability" is it not???

do you or anyone for that matter have accountability? who did the money go to? how was it spent, how much was used etc.

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Zinger bhai
Bohraji bhai who started the scheme did give all the account to eveybody who donated, I gave a small amount and he told me who received help, you know i am in mumbai and i did check who received the help and it did, they paid fees for one mumin dikri and her uniform for Jamali school when that dikri was removed because her parent could not pay for fee or uniform. they also gave money to buy dawa for one old person and they gave out chai-oil-rice and daal packets to all the needy and they also arranged for jaman for ramzan.
Nalwala bhai and some other bhai from our side were also part of that group who saw the collection and distribution.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:38 pm

in addition to material and sustenance poverty which a number of you are doing worthwhile service, Bohras have a widespread endemic poverty of intellect and rational thinking caused by misinformation, brainwashing and generational long mental erosion that is spread into developed nations, which also needs a lot of work from reformists !

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:27 am

abde53 wrote:Zinger bhai
Bohraji bhai who started the scheme did give all the account to eveybody who donated, I gave a small amount and he told me who received help, you know i am in mumbai and i did check who received the help and it did, they paid fees for one mumin dikri and her uniform for Jamali school when that dikri was removed because her parent could not pay for fee or uniform. they also gave money to buy dawa for one old person and they gave out chai-oil-rice and daal packets to all the needy and they also arranged for jaman for ramzan.
Nalwala bhai and some other bhai from our side were also part of that group who saw the collection and distribution.
ok... thank you.

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:07 am

zinger wrote:
abde53 wrote:Zinger Bhai or Bhai Ziner (Nagri or Surti)

do you know where the money went?

mind you, im not doubting anyone and im not suspecting anyone. before one helps with money, one would like to know. after all, the official reformist position is "accountability" is it not???

do you or anyone for that matter have accountability? who did the money go to? how was it spent, how much was used etc.
Yes you are right and you must acknowledge the reformist who always ask for accountability from Sayedna who collect crores of Rs. and not reaching to the actual hakdar.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:01 pm

Poor always help the poor, for they have a kind heart. Rich only have money, they are the real poor. Bohraji Bhai is truly a rich man.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:19 pm

I recently came across a story. Here it goes..................When the last moghal king was sent to the prison in Rangoon he was told two things. One is that he will spend the rest of his life there, the second one was that he has to choose just one food that he will get for the rest of his life. After listening to the question the King replied Channa. Lord Clive said to him that we will provide 50 boris of channa to your khansama. The King never ate the same meal twice. With imagination the King turned it into 10,000 diffrent meals. It takes a good leader to think so well. Unfortunately our Shaffique Bawa can turn 10,000 meals and turn it into chana.

For some reason I thought of Bhoraji Bhai and wondered how many boris I can provide , I am sure he needs 50 bories or more.

asad

Unread post by asad » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:29 am

Ramdaan is nearby can Bohraji or any other person again take the initiative, i am sure old contributors and new people will again join. keep a target of 10000 $ and lets all contribute towards it. Last time also no contributors name were disclosed so we can be assured of anonymity if its so desired.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:43 am

asad wrote:Ramdaan is nearby can Bohraji or any other person again take the initiative, i am sure old contributors and new people will again join. keep a target of 10000 $ and lets all contribute towards it. Last time also no contributors name were disclosed so we can be assured of anonymity if its so desired.
Count me in....

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:55 am

Bohraji Bhai-Aqs Bhai-SBM bhai-Nalwala Bhai
I will also help Mumineen in Ahmedabad and other places..

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:27 am

Salaam Alaikum Everyone.
Thank you Asad bhai for bringing this tppic up. I am in constant touch with a few of the members as there are peiple in Ahmefabad waiting to be helped. If it was not for the anonumity of the donors then I would have revealed the names. But all of them had requested for their names not to be revealed. I once again appeal to those who helped in the cause last year plus also to the new members. As usual The Admin , SBM and Hussain KSA plus a few others will be given the details of the money spent.
Please pm me for details.

JAK

asad

Unread post by asad » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:14 am

Br. Bohraji and others are doing a commendable job. Can other forum members irrespective of their loyalty to clergy come ahead and commit to the cause. even 100$ or less is enough to make Ramdaan a happy affair for a family, imagine how much dua and jaza e khair you will gain. You might be already doing a lot of charity so please come ahead and commit yourself for one more such noble endeavor.

For details on how you can help you can contact Bohraji, SBM or Husain_KSA, If so wanted your name and amount will be not be disclosed to any one.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:35 am

Salaam
Just to add to above comments, last year we had some of the defenders of Kothari Goons on this forum with whom I have disagreed have contributed with an understanding that their names or IDs will never be disclosed for the fear of retributions and as you noticed, those were never revealed and will never be revealed. We also had contribution from the people who are SILENT VISITORS on this forum and some of them have left Bohra fold also contributed with the same understanding. We follow the principle of Islam that when you give charity from right hand, left hand should not know.
I AM OF OPINION THAT SOME OF THE CONTRIBUTORS SHOULD REVEAL THEIR DONATION NOT FOR SHOWING OFF BUT TO ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO COME FORWARD AND CONTRIBUTE.,
INSHALLAH I WILL TRY TO COLLECT ABOUT $ 1000.00 FROM MY FRIENDS IN THE CITY I LIVE (true Muslims who care for unity of Muslim Ummahand help any Muslim, abde or not). My plan is to ask 20 of my friends(NON ABDES) to give $ 50.00 each and that way I should be able to get $ 1000.00 inshallaha from the members of Muslim community of Eastern part of USA.
People in USA and Canada can make direct contribution to this website, there is an special donate section for the poverty in Ahmedabad but the help is not limited to Ahmedabad alone.
Mr Asghar Vasanwala- Brother AZ- Brother Hussain KSA are also working through their registered organizations to help at larger levels.
May Allah help us all to open our hearts and look beyond our bias to help those in need. Your reward is directly from Allah and not anyone in between.

LionHunter

Unread post by LionHunter » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:22 pm