What does "Dawoodi Bohra" mean to you?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Adam

Unread post by Adam » Wed May 02, 2012 1:02 pm

Non "claiming to be" Dawoodi Bohras (anajmi, Muslim First, Porus and friends) kindly be an observer only.

ADAM (Me) =
It is a belief.
I agree with what this Forum says on page http://dawoodi-bohras.com/about_us/our-mission/ :
We are Ismaili Fatimid Mustalian Tayyebi Dawoodi Bohras, a sect of Shia Islam. We accept the succession of Imams up to Imam Tayyeb, and the line of Tayyebi Dais starting from Syedna Zoeb bin Moosa to the current Dai, Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin TUS.

(The above is the truth, but, for them its a lie, because they insult the Dai, some stop at the 46th Dai, some don't believe in Dais)

There must be a leader by Nuss in every day and age, he is infallible, and we follow him.
The word "Dawoodi Bohra" simple talks about a group of people who share the same Ismaili, Fatimid, Taiyibi beliefs.
The word "Dawoodi" was used to differentiate the followers of other "Bohra" sects, from the time of Syedna Dawood. But, basically, those who share the same Ismaili, Fatimid, Taiyibi beliefs. Call them Fatimis, Tyebis. You can "call a rose by any other - relevant - name"

Progticide & Profastian i'm sure believe the above (unless they want to add something).

It would be interesting to know what the "so called Dawoodi Bohras" understand of the word Dawoodi Bohra.

Namely:
1. Humsafar
2. Doctor
3. Stranger
4. Al Zulfiqar
5. Bohri
(And other so-called "Proggies" and free to speak up)

HINTS:
1. Is it a belief or a race/ethnic group?
2. Does it include Ismaili, Fatimid, Tyebi beliefs?
3. What about a leader?

Let's keep this thread, short, intelligent, to the point and without "un-necessary/stupid diversions".

anajmi

Re: What does "Dawoodi Bohra" mean to you?

Unread post by anajmi » Wed May 02, 2012 1:16 pm

A Dawoodi Bohra today is a cowering bending abde idiot who has no clue about Ismaili, Fatimid, Tayyebi beliefs. He is one who is a brainwashed moron who doesn't know the difference between Islam and Shirk. A leader that is corrupt and unworthy should be replaced by one who is worthy. There is a reason why the Dai's word means nothing outside a gathering of his abde idiots. He has no respect as was demonstrated by the hammering his community got a few years back because of his words. No follower of the prophet (saw) actually respects the Dai. The only respect the Dai gets is the one that is bought and the one that is wrought.

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Wed May 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Anajmi. Thank you for your comments on "Dawoodi Bohras" in general. (Even though we already chose to ignore them)

Let's continue shall we? "Dawoodi Bohras" out there?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed May 02, 2012 1:32 pm

You are welcome. The comment was not for abde idiots. It was for those that have a capability to think. You should ignore my comments because otherwise your head will burst.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed May 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Adam
What DB means to me is a person who cares for the destitute in their community. A true DB will make sure that member from his community are not going hungry are not living in sub human condition
A true DB to me is some one who has dignity and one who lives like Moula Ali, humble but strong and firm. A true DB to me means some one who does not get intimidated by people like you and Zaadas.
To me a true DB one who can read the thread ' POVERTY IN AHMEDABAD" AND HELP THEM AND FIGHT FOR THE MEMBERS OF DB COMMUNITY WHO ARE DOWN ON THEIR LUCK INSTEAD OF QUESTIONING EVERYONE'S FAITH AND WASTE MORE TIME AND ENERGY ON NON ESSENTIAL DEBATES

truebohra

Unread post by truebohra » Wed May 02, 2012 2:11 pm

SBM wrote:Adam
What DB means to me is a person who cares for the destitute in their community. A true DB will make sure that member from his community are not going hungry are not living in sub human condition
A true DB to me is some one who has dignity and one who lives like Moula Ali, humble but strong and firm. A true DB to me means some one who does not get intimidated by people like you and Zaadas.
To me a true DB one who can read the thread ' POVERTY IN AHMEDABAD" AND HELP THEM AND FIGHT FOR THE MEMBERS OF DB COMMUNITY WHO ARE DOWN ON THEIR LUCK INSTEAD OF QUESTIONING EVERYONE'S FAITH AND WASTE MORE TIME AND ENERGY ON NON ESSENTIAL DEBATES
What DB means to me is a person who cares for the destitute in their community. A true DB will make sure that member from his community are not going hungry are not living in sub human condition- Agreed. Faize Mawadiya Burhaniya is already instituted by the DBs

A true DB to me is some one who has dignity and one who lives like Moula Ali, humble but strong and firm - Agreed. We are humble & dont feel shame to respect by what you call bending. Remember a fruit laden trees branches would always bow down.

A true DB to me means some one who does not get intimidated by people like you and Zaadas. Agreed DB's are not afraid of Shehzaadas they respect them. The PDBs are afraid.

POVERTY IN AHMEDABAD" AND HELP THEM AND FIGHT FOR THE MEMBERS OF DB COMMUNITY WHO ARE DOWN ON THEIR LUCK INSTEAD OF QUESTIONING EVERYONE'S FAIT- Agreed, many abdes have heeded the call & eager to help on this forum itself.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Wed May 02, 2012 2:18 pm

Adam, look now who is obsessed with us real Dawoodi Bohras. We don't go to your sites to pester you with stupid questions. Oh wait, even you can't go to your own sites and ask any kind of questions :). So that proves that we are the real, non-dai-worshipping Dawoodi Bohras.
In any case, let me answer your questions.
The abde burhani bohras are a combination of all three. But for all practical purposes they are a human-worshippping cult.
The abde burhani bohras claim that they believe in all this but in practice and custom they behave like a pre-historic cult.
3. What about a leader?
The abde burhani bohras have a leader who has turned every abde into a pleader. And that if you ask me is quite a miracle.

truebohra

Unread post by truebohra » Wed May 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Humsafar wrote:Adam, look now who is obsessed with us real Dawoodi Bohras. We don't go to your sites to pester you with stupid questions. Oh wait, even you can't go to your own sites and ask any kind of questions :). So that proves that we are the real, non-dai-worshipping Dawoodi Bohras.
In any case, let me answer your questions.
The abde burhani bohras are a combination of all three. But for all practical purposes they are a human-worshippping cult.
The abde burhani bohras claim that they believe in all this but in practice and custom they behave like a pre-historic cult.
3. What about a leader?
The abde burhani bohras have a leader who has turned every abde into a pleader. And that if you ask me is quite a miracle.
Yes our leader is the same as yours as per your claim
"We are Ismaili Fatimid Mustalian Tayyebi Dawoodi Bohras, a sect of Shia Islam. We accept the succession of Imams up to Imam Tayyeb, and the line of Tayyebi Dais starting from Syedna Zoeb bin Moosa to the current Dai, Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin "

aqs

Unread post by aqs » Thu May 03, 2012 12:09 am

Adam,

What does "Dawoodi Bohra" mean to YOU? I am a orthodox bohra and you can call me a abde if you want.

Fateh

Unread post by Fateh » Thu May 03, 2012 12:43 am

Adam wrote: Non "claiming to be" Dawoodi Bohras (anajmi, Muslim First, Porus and friends) kindly be an observer only.

ADAM (Me) =
It is a belief.
I agree with what this Forum says on page http://dawoodi-bohras.com/about_us/our-mission/ :
We are Ismaili Fatimid Mustalian Tayyebi Dawoodi Bohras, a sect of Shia Islam. We accept the succession of Imams up to Imam Tayyeb, and the line of Tayyebi Dais starting from Syedna Zoeb bin Moosa to the current Dai, Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin TUS.

(The above is the truth, but, for them its a lie, because they insult the Dai, some stop at the 46th Dai, some don't believe in Dais)

There must be a leader by Nuss in every day and age, he is infallible, and we follow him.
The word "Dawoodi Bohra" simple talks about a group of people who share the same Ismaili, Fatimid, Taiyibi beliefs.
The word "Dawoodi" was used to differentiate the followers of other "Bohra" sects, from the time of Syedna Dawood. But, basically, those who share the same Ismaili, Fatimid, Taiyibi beliefs. Call them Fatimis, Tyebis. You can "call a rose by any other - relevant - name"

Progticide & Profastian i'm sure believe the above (unless they want to add something).

It would be interesting to know what the "so called Dawoodi Bohras" understand of the word Dawoodi Bohra.

Namely:
1. Humsafar
2. Doctor
3. Stranger
4. Al Zulfiqar
5. Bohri
(And other so-called "Proggies" and free to speak up)

HINTS:
3. What about a leader?

Let's keep this thread, short, intelligent, to the point and without "un-necessary/stupid diversions".
Salam Adambhai,Very good question indeed but blunder is the question is for those who are proclaiming that they the only true DBs I read some where that Salaman farsi(a.s.) asked Nabi saheb to whom we have to follow after you,nabi saheb answered follow Ali (a.s) coz where is ali (a.s) truth will there.so we have a character like Ali (a.s) to whom we have to compare who leads us to day.So its simple follow them who live like Ali(a.s.) & die like Husein(a.s.) So i believe now a days db community is a big commercial corporate company ,we have not one spiritual head but have more than 2000 financial head .Where is original quality of dawoodi bohara?Where is simplicity of Maulai Raj saheb(morbi(guj.)?My dear brother with great piety & sorrow our DB community lost its essence of simplicity & spirituality.Now our DB community is a skeletal of DB with out soul.Sorry it may happens that what i want to say can not express well by me but try to understand my feelings rather than my words.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu May 03, 2012 8:26 am

So we DB are cult and not a community under current rules imposed by Kothar :cry:

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Thu May 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Is there any credible list of events for which raza shall be seeked and its importance of Raza ?

How does Financial Fraud / Cheat not be a reason for baraat, especially when the fraud is breach of Dai’s Trust (Imam’s Trust) and embezzling of Daawat’s money.

With specific reference to Sheikhs and Amils who are appointed by sayedna saheb by virtue of religious authority and in position to take care of religious / administrative affairs indulge in cheating (financially and morally) can be passed off as with no religious beliefs ?

What are the disciplinary actions, can you state all or few as per your knowledge ?

So baraat an explusion from the bohra muslim community, if that person recites Kalema of Shahadat, is he/she a Muslim ?

Can he/she continue to pray namaaz in the bohra masjid ? Individually as well as under Imamat ?

To whom is this written Misaals sent to ? Local Amils or general Public ? Is this written Misaal / Memo displayed at conspicuous location at community halls or masjid’s bulletin boards ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I have your attention, can any kothari defender also quote on below queries

What exactly is the objection / apprehension with providing Accounts of Funds ?

By what justification / logic / reason…. presenting accounts is to undermine authority of sayedna saheb ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have an additional query.

Do Bohra Mumin require RAZA to embark on Hajj Pligrimage ?

Do Bohra Mumin going on Hajj have to pay Laagat too ? Please note, Laagat is an additional levy above and beyond transport, lodging & boarding and other applicable charges.

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Thu May 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Great. There's progress. Although some didn't understand the question (like Humsafar)

Dawoodi Bohras:
SBM - Philanthropic person. (But he has defined the Characteristic of a Dawoodi Bohra, for that matter even Mother Teressa is a DB according to you?)

truebohra -
"We are Ismaili Fatimid Mustalian Tayyebi Dawoodi Bohras, a sect of Shia Islam. We accept the succession of Imams up to Imam Tayyeb, and the line of Tayyebi Dais starting from Syedna Zoeb bin Moosa to the current Dai, Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin "

Yet, he insults his "own leader", which is at the core of his beliefs. Pretty confusing don't you think?

@aqs - I already posted what DB means to me. It's a belief. Pls see the first post.

@Fateh - Thank you. I know it was a good question, but you forgot to answer.

@humanbeing - Please post your questions on another relevant thread.

We are just here to define what "Dawoodi Bohra" means. Short and sweet.

Last edited by Adam on Thu May 03, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu May 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Adam
even Mother Teressa is a DB according to you?
I rather have Mother Teressa a DB then have Shaukat Sarkar as NKD

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu May 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Adam
why can not you answer it here seems like starting new threads for you is as doing NEW DAREES everyday.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Thu May 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Adam wrote:

Bohras who DO NOT worship the Dai are Dawoodi Bohras. Those who worship the Dai are Abde Burhani Bohras.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu May 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Adam wrote:ADAM (Me) =It is a belief.
Firstly define "Belief".
Secondly the proggies are not lying when they raise questions with regard to the dai's conduct because it is the dai who has infact distorted the said belief as percieved by the earlier dais and fatimid literature. He has violated a number of strictures as laid down in the daimul islam. For details, Bro Humsafar, porus and Doctor Mubarak can share those inputs. I remember Doctor Mubarak pointing out somewhere on this forum that 'matam' was prohibited by an earlier dai (probably Abdeali Saifuddin).

Fateh

Unread post by Fateh » Fri May 04, 2012 12:08 am

Adam wrote:Great. There's progress. Although some didn't understand the question (like Humsafar)

Dawoodi Bohras:
SBM - Philanthropic person. (But he has defined the Characteristic of a Dawoodi Bohra, for that matter even Mother Teressa is a DB according to you?)

truebohra -

Yet, he insults his "own leader", which is at the core of his beliefs. Pretty confusing don't you think?

@aqs - I already posted what DB means to me. It's a belief. Pls see the first post.

@Fateh - Thank you. I know it was a good question, but you forgot to answer.

My dear friend i have already gave you a answer ,please be clear with yourself about your definition of DB community.You define only the skeleton of DB community with out RUH(SOUL) in it.The essence of true ISLAM is not seen now a days in our DB community.Why you are escaping to give answer of humanbeing & others about Accountability.Raza etc.?

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Fri May 04, 2012 2:31 am

Dear Adam

Questions I have presented are on many threads, you can refer any thread to answer them including the relevant thread of MISAQ, RAZA and BARAAT. Innocently you may have forgotten that thread exists. Before you call other cowards, confused etc for not answering your escapist questions, and if you have a spine, answer the questions which are burning issues in our community.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri May 04, 2012 6:26 am

mustafanalwalla wrote:
SBM wrote: I rather have Mother Teressa a DB then have Shaukat Sarkar as NKD

For once, i agree with you
No--You also agreed with me about corruption as well as poverty among Bohras too :D ---read your postings Thanks

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Fri May 04, 2012 1:51 pm

I've already defined what I believe Dawoodi Bohra means to me.
Stop saying what they shouldn't be, etc. Think positive :p

It's time for you'll to say what it means to you. Start from what a belief of a Dawoodi Bohra should be, From the Prophet downwards

So who's a Dawoodi Bohra?
1. Believe in Prophet? Yes/No
2. Believe in Panjatan? Yes/No
3. Believe in 21 Imams? Yes/No
4. Believe in Duats? Yes/No (Upto which one?)

Khatarnaak54

Unread post by Khatarnaak54 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Adam wrote:I've already defined what I believe Dawoodi Bohra means to me.

It's time for you'll to say what it means to you. Start from what a belief of a Dawoodi Bohra should be, From the Prophet downwards

Re: 3. Believe in 21 Imams? Yes/No

Adam bhai,

Your question technically require correction. Imams are not 21, we do not know their precise counting. So, use term "Fatimi Ismaili Imams" than assigning numbers to it. Thanks.

Humsafar

Unread post by Humsafar » Fri May 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Hey Adam, do you think this is your Sabak class or what?
P for prophet
P for Panjetan
I for Imam
D for Dai

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri May 04, 2012 2:47 pm

Humsafar wrote:Hey Adam, do you think this is your Sabak class or what?
P for prophet
P for PanjetanI for
ImamD for
Dai
Read the first alphabets from downwards and it is DIP. Adam is DIPPed in shirk !!!

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Sat May 05, 2012 12:28 am

Read the first alphabets from downwards and it is DIP. Adam is DIPPed in shirk !!!

So you're saying belief in Prophets, Imams and Dais is shirk?
You're Proggy friends wont be too happy.

Coming back to the thread, which no one seems to have the courage to answer.

I've already defined what I believe Dawoodi Bohra means to me.

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Sat May 05, 2012 2:41 am

Adam wrote:
which no one seems to have the courage to answer.
It is already answered in this thread and many other threads but your washed brain will never understand.
Keep, cut and paste your words on belief in different forms and never answer the real concerns of our community on poverty.
Let the Sayedna and his family sucks your blood and keep the poor away from his reach. Perform 2 rakats for his long life in spite of the fact that he is survived only because of the modern medical science.

You may be a master in the subject of DB doctrine but on this board many participants are concerned about humanity and not interested to answer your bullshit. Please take part in the real concern of our unfortunate brothers and sisters.

It is really surprising that no one from abde side has taken part in the thread where discussed about helping our unfortunate brothers and sisters. And no body has answered the points raised by Humanbeings and Bohraji.

Adam

Unread post by Adam » Sat May 05, 2012 8:17 am

You may be a master in the subject of DB doctrine but on this board many participants are concerned about humanity and not interested to answer your bullshit.

This particular thread is to talk about Dawoodi Bohra beliefs.
If you can't answer, don't know, or don't want to, stay away.

It is really surprising that no one from abde side has taken part in the thread where discussed about helping our unfortunate brothers and sisters. And no body has answered the points raised by Humanbeings and Bohraji.

I have commented on that thread, and I am doing my part.
Maybe not through this Proggy Forum.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat May 05, 2012 4:17 pm

Adam wrote:Read the first alphabets from downwards and it is DIP. Adam is DIPPed in shirk !!!
So you're saying belief in Prophets, Imams and Dais is shirk?
You're Proggy friends wont be too happy.
Adam is the perfect example of a brainwashed sabak going abde whose 'akl' has been snatched away and kept in his master's tijori and he having no access to the keys. The typical attitude of abdes twisting and turning words in order to justify themselves........... exactly like their dai !!

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Sun May 06, 2012 3:49 am

Adam wrote:
I have commented on that thread, and I am doing my part.
Maybe not through this Proggy Forum.

Bro Adam, your way must be somewhat -

1.) Before providing a meal :- Do you believe that Imam uz Zaman is in Satr ?
If yes, then provide him with Salad as well, If No then you deserve to be hungry. :mrgreen:

2.) Before providing clothes :- Do you believe that Da'i (TUS) is infallible ?
If yes then provide him with STD as well, If No then u r a shame and should not feel ashamed anyway. :mrgreen:

3.) Before providing medicine :- How would you verify the true Imam ?
If via Da'i (TUS), then provide him entire month dose, If No then what u'll do by living, better u Die. :mrgreen: