Bohra accommodation in Gulf region

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
asad

Bohra accommodation in Gulf region

Unread post by asad » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:09 pm

These pics are forwarded by one of my friend from Dubai, they substantiate the claims made by HB in one of the other thread.

asad

Re: Bohra accommodation in Gulf region

Unread post by asad » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:25 pm

these accommodations are called clubs/Maskan in Dubai.

Statistics:
30-40 people in 2 bedroom + hall, around 10-15 people in each room.
2-3 bunker beds and 4-5 people sleep on floor
1-2 bathrooms.
550-600 Dhirham fee which includes food.
for Internet extra 20-30 Dhm
one common TV
8-10 people at a time sit in thal where whatever tarkari is prepared is given once and then only dal is served.
food quality is very low. on Fridays generally there is no food.
AC timings are from 11.30 PM - 4.30 AM only (dubai generally has temp in excess of 50 degrees)

pheonix

Unread post by pheonix » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:24 am

asad wrote:these accommodations are called clubs/Maskan in Dubai.

Statistics:
30-40 people in 2 bedroom + hall, around 10-15 people in each room.
2-3 bunker beds and 4-5 people sleep on floor
1-2 bathrooms.
550-600 Dhirham fee which includes food.
for Internet extra 20-30 Dhm
one common TV
8-10 people at a time sit in thal where whatever tarkari is prepared is given once and then only dal is served.
food quality is very low. on Fridays generally there is no food.
AC timings are from 11.30 PM - 4.30 AM only (dubai generally has temp in excess of 50 degrees)
Dont look so bad. What is wrong with bunk beds? 30-40 people in 2 bedrooms. Can you provide just one picture with 30-40 bohras living in 2 bedrooms.
In fact just provide me one picture with more than 6 people in a bedroom.
What you are talking about happens but mostly with poor pakistanis and bangladehis in gulf. But never with bohras.

asad

Unread post by asad » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:09 am

Whenever you are in Dubai, i will arrange for you to visit more than 10 maskans with the same conditions. Just inform a week before to arrange your visits. I have many more pictures but will not publish as i dont want to identify people in the pictures, they are very much devout abdes and no harm should come to them for no mistake of thiers.

By any chance you are not the new incarnate of Labbayk, are you ?

mumbai01

Unread post by mumbai01 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:01 am

kuwait mai bhi yahi haal hai bhai logo ke paas paisa nhi hai na ghar ke hai na ghaat ke........

stranger

Unread post by stranger » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:15 am

Hi...
This may be the case with some of the clubs/maskan but overall bohras are not living in that bad condition as stated above...Generally the maskans are 2 BHK flat.. with arnd 16-18 members..food is of good quality with other facilities like tv/fridge and internet as well at many places. yeah single lat bath is always an issue thr.
the rent and food expense is usually shared at the month end.
i use to work in kuwait...so i am aware of the lifestyle over thr.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:06 pm

Tamara logo na under dawat ni mohabat nathi. Agar mohabbat hoti tou tamae tamara Amil Sahab ne bhi Aa ghar ma thori jaga dai deta.Amil ne paisa api ne door kari dwo choe.

ahmedplumber

Unread post by ahmedplumber » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:12 am

seeker110 wrote:Tamara logo na under dawat ni mohabat nathi. Agar mohabbat hoti tou tamae tamara Amil Sahab ne bhi Aa ghar ma thori jaga dai deta.Amil ne paisa api ne door kari dwo choe.

:lol:

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:27 am

I had raised this topic years ago. I have seen the living conditions of bohra bachelors in UAE, Kuwait and Bahrain.
Bahrain is better off because of the lower rent ,but with the new rules we may never know. Places in the UAE were the worst. However ,now with economy going down, the rents have come down. Nonetheless things are bad.
We only see the homes of the rich bohra shaikhs who employ these fellow bohras and trest them as their slaves. We see pics of the ziyafats held at the rich bohra houses but a majority lives in squlid conditions. With our jamaat being so rich and with Kuwait having their own property, should not this issue be solved , atleast to a certain degree.

Yusuf

Unread post by Yusuf » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:36 am

actually India has ample opportunities for those who really wants to seek livelihood with hard work and honesty, but these guys thinks going gulf is only option, so now they them self chose slavery none can help.

bohraji

Unread post by bohraji » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:55 am

@ yusuf,
Unfortunately most of the bohras are not highly educated. You will be surprised to know that I had met youg bohra boys in Kuwait,from Rajasthan who were forced out of SY B COM because their kuwait visa had arrived, They would work as phera walas, This was in 1997. Unfortunately much has not changed regarding education. Without education and with anti muslim policies of employers , earning a livelihood is difficult in India. I personally know of a talented Bohri lady in Ahmedabad who passed all inetrviews as the employer though she was a Parsi. When they found out she is muslim they refused point blank and it was a multinational. I myself have been refused a retail shop in top malls at the last moment. There is a Bohra lady principal in Ahmedabad of a very reputed school . Her surname is Gandhi and the whole family passes off as a parsi as their bungalow is in a hindu area. The husband is a successful businessman and they pray namaz behind locked doors,lest the servants find out.
This I feel is too much as they live a false life. But employment in India is difficult. I personally know of a very bright young boy who could not study furtehr than bcom as the family needs his salary of Rs 6000 per month.
Since you have started a business of your own.I request you to employ muslim people. The plight of the Gulf Worker is heart rendering for the majority.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:16 pm

The very first ones in the bohra community to explore the gulf region were from Partapur, Waswara, Sagwara etc. They were highly succesful as they migrated almost 4 to 5 decades ago when there was no competition and jobs were easy to get but now the situation is totally different. As bohraji rightly said, higher education is the main factor and bohras in general lack the same. They also face stiff competition from the malbaris of kerala who work for pittance. There are also many educated keralites who occupy top positions in gulf companies but they are extremely biased when it comes to giving employment in their companies, they flood their companies with their own folks. The philipines and bangladeshis also take away many jobs from their bohra counterparts as they too agree to work for minimal salaries.

In the past, the zaadas had ventured into many businesses in India which were wound up due to mismanagement which could be due to them being less knowledgeable in business management as the stress was more on religious education for them. The present day zaadas and their siblings are a different lot and some of them may be MBAs. Hence, they too can invest in business ventures in the gulf region which could anyday be much more smooth then in India which is full of red tapism and which could also provide huge employment opportunities to the young bohras from India.

exploitedpocket

Unread post by exploitedpocket » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:53 pm

when in the beginning people started migrating from banswara partapur and sagwara., they did it on their own wish and will through self arranged sources ....

It all happened because allah the almighty gave the crude oil wealth to gulf region which made currency value of kuwait a very high in comparison to india.

Maula didnt had any notice about the issue in that era about mumineen's work and profession. He didnt had any idea about kuwait migration and all.

But now a days they teach in sabak that all mumineen came to gulf region wid raza mubarak of aqa maula so all should accept ajab ehsaan and karam of daiz-zamaan and submit zakaat as maximum as possible to maula bcos all are earning here due to maula only.

When people in the region started prospering throu hard earned money across the sea, jamaat took notice of the same., and it became a general trend afterwards to recover increased social taxes from the non resident bohris.