Bohra SMS Duniya

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
MMH

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

Unread post by MMH » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:58 pm

Hasanpir
Attachments
IMG-20141114-WA0061.jpg
IMG-20141114-WA0062.jpg
IMG-20141114-WA0059.jpg

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:11 pm

its patently clear from the last (3rd) photo that the guy on the right behind mufatlal has just let out a .... well, relieved himself.

see the quiet, contented grin on his face alongwith with that sly, impish look, which coupled with that sour, disgusted, puckered nose look of disapproval on mufatlal's face makes it pretty obvious that some unsavory business is afoot.

perhaps the result of too much masoor pulao with bhajiya kadhi?

canadian

Unread post by canadian » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Bro, frustrate_bohra:

May I comment on your above article “Long Live the Bohras” .

*Educated, Hardworking, Honest, Non-Fanatic and Patriotic, colourful and outgoing, and Living With the Times....yet proudly Gujraatis.*

It was not patriotism when some years back some bhaisahebs were caught smuggling diamonds in their pugrees. It was not honesty when SMB and his entourage were expelled from Tanzania for foreign exchange frauds. How can we be outgoing when our masters order us to not associate with other communities? Proudly Gujaratis? Is that why the kotharis have invented Lisan ul Dawat? Very small percentage of bohra population is university educated. You may be aware that we are always encouraged to do “business” and not to worry about higher education or professional qualifications.

*Observing the Holy Day of Ashura in Different parts of the world each year has made most Bohras travel around the world getting exposed to different cultures and different tunes. The beautiful multicoloured Ridhas of the Bohra women is an indication of a subtle blend of the traditional and the modern living of the Bohras.. *

We do NOT observe holy days of Ashura. We celebrate “Ashura Mubaraka”.
Multi-coloured ridas? My non-bohri friends laugh at these ugly dresses and sympathise with poor bohri women who are forced to wear them.
When we first came to Canada long ago, there were very few Indians and also there was yet no emphasis on ridas. My wife used to wear sarees and Punjabi dresses and I remember our western friends would admire them and were curious about prices, designs, etc. Sometimes they would borrow her dresses to wear at parties. Then when she started wearing ridas, I noticed that no one talked about it and I could figure out that they were a bit uncomfortable.

The Only Translation of the Holy Quran in English, approved by the authority of the **Al-Azhar University, is by the renowned Bohra, Yusuf Ali.*

But bohras are told not to read any translation when they have a bolta quran!

*The President of the British Chamber of Commerce, Gulam Noon, of India, is a Bohra, the first non-white, non-christian in 300 years history of its existence....
*The City of Nairobi, was started by a Bohra, Jivanjee, who also started the first newspaper in East Africa (which is now run as the 'Standard') His statue still is kept by the Government of Kenya in the Jiwanjee Gardens in Nairobi.....The Bohras were the first Indians in the world to venture out of India almost 400 years back and live in the hinterland of Africa, and as far away as China, and for many decades now in the Americas.... *

Yes I agree we have had a very illustrious past- our forefathers were honest, hardworking and adventurous, but since this STS came to power, we have been emasculated and have become cowards.

Lord Gulam Noon is a Bohra, but does not behave nor dress like a modern day (abde) bohra and the kothar tolerates or sucks up to him, because they need him and his influence. As regards Jivanjee, I believe he is related to Karimjee Jivanjee family and you know how our dai and his gang hate them.

In short, yes, I am proud of my heritage and of what my grandparents have achieved but am now concerned about where we are headed. I am afraid that our so-called religious leaders have converted our community in to a cult. We have become shallow and narrow-minded. Deep inside we know we have been cheated, but console ourselves by pretending that we are still as honourable as our ancestors were.
We should look at ourselves realistically and realise where we have failed and where and how we have deviated from our fore-fathers and we should strive again to follow in their glorious footsteps.

Dumbledore

Unread post by Dumbledore » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:34 pm

Whatsapp msg:

Once, a girl bought an iPad. When her father saw it he asked, "What was the first thing you did when you bought it?"
"I put an anti-scratch sticker on the screen and bought a cover for the iPad," she replied.
"Did someone force you to?"
"No."
"Don't you think it's an insult to the manufacturer??"
"No dad, in fact they even recommend using a cover for the iPad."
"Did you cover it because it was cheap and ugly?"
"Actually, I covered it because I didn't want it to get damaged and decrease in value."
"When you put the cover on didn't it reduce the iPad's beauty?"
"I think it looks better, and its worth it for the protection it gives my iPad."

The father looked lovingly at his daughter and said nothing else.

......Our Ridah......

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:25 pm

Actually, the original message was - ....Our Hijaab.....

haqniwaat

Unread post by haqniwaat » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:03 am

Email from a Dallas youngster who was stuck in Frankfurt enroute to Surat:

Salaams Shk. Mohammed bhai and Mudar bhai ,

I'm writing to you all in regards to the way you completely abandoned my mom and me on board the Lufthansa flight while we were heading to Surat. For over a week, we were stuck in a hospital in Germany because mom had to undergo surgery and none of you ever bothered to call or text to find out how we're doing. Even now, two weeks after we got back, none of you have bothered to ask. Please do not use Surat as an excuse, as multiple people who were in Surat repeatedly called us to inquire.

Shk Mohammed bhai, I'm especially singling you out, as when the flight attendant asked you whether or not you know us, you responded "just a little bit". Not only that, but Dallas mumineen were staying at your house in Surat and you never even mentioned to them what happened. Janab Amil Saheb told us that since you were on board the flight with us, we wouldn't have to worry, since you look out for everyone. What a joke. Both of you are not worthy of the positions and dawat titles you hold. Complete strangers stood by us on the plane while both of you and Yusuf Unwala just left. Granted, at least Yusuf bhai's wife had the courtesty to call. We had a three hour layover so it's not like you were running short on time. Mushriq are better then you. You make a mockery of what it means to be mumineen. Aqa Moula (TUS) repeatedly says that mumineen should help other mumineen; you didn't follow that at all. Clearly the sabaqs that both of you pray are completely lost on you. For your information, I've also copied Janab Aamil Saheb other high ranking Jamaat members, just so they know what type of people both of you are. Insha'Allah, Khuda tamne jaldi pakarseh.

Ammar

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:21 am

Canadian bhai, The article was from whatsapp.

haqniwaat

Unread post by haqniwaat » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:58 am

Dr. Yusuf Jangbarwala's son hanged himself and died in Surat last night.
If there is anyone out there who really needs to talk, please...don't hesitate. Email me at haqniwaat@cox.net. I have done voluntary counseling and can help or help you find help.
Attachments
IMG-20141114-WA0000.jpg

Hamd

Unread post by Hamd » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:08 am

haqniwaat wrote:Dr. Yusuf Jangbarwala's son hanged himself and died in Surat last night.
If there is anyone out there who really needs to talk, please...don't hesitate. Email me at haqniwaat@cox.net. I have done voluntary counseling and can help or help you find help.
Contact Aziz and taher (son of KQ) they will soon hang them self, they need counseling ASAP :wink: :roll:

btw its a shame you are highlighting such a sad news for your personal benefits, what do you get by highlighting death of a person?
there can be thousand reasons for some one to suicide and highlighting such individual act is a shame.
Last edited by Hamd on Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:11 am

haqniwaat wrote:Dr. Yusuf Jangbarwala's son hanged himself and died in Surat last night.
who is he?

WiththenameofAllah

Unread post by WiththenameofAllah » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:24 am

Inal Lilahe Wa Inaalihe rajioon. Why did he hang himself :'(

haqniwaat

Unread post by haqniwaat » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:40 am

A friend of mine is friends with the doctor. Should know soon. Dr. Jangbarwala himself is very well known in Surat.

way2go

Unread post by way2go » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:22 am

haqniwaat wrote:A friend of mine is friends with the doctor. Should know soon. Dr. Jangbarwala himself is very well known in Surat.

Dr Jangbarwala was Muqaddas Syedna's personel doctor. A highly respected person in Surat. His younger son was found hanging. Sad end to a young promising life...
Inna lilahi wa inna illaihi Rajeun.

haqniwaat

Unread post by haqniwaat » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:25 am

WhatsApp :
It was a suicide case but I heard that because of bhai yusuf's proximity with muffy and qa and the local higher ups in the community matter has been hushed up showing it as murder case. The police are now questioning his brother who's also a doctor. Why he had to remove the body before they came.

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:40 am

May his soul R.I.P.

ponga bhori

Unread post by ponga bhori » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:14 am

Died because of depression.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:37 am

haqniwaat wrote:Email from a Dallas youngster who was stuck in Frankfurt enroute to Surat:

Salaams Shk. Mohammed bhai and Mudar bhai ,

I'm writing to you all in regards to the way you completely abandoned my mom and me on board the Lufthansa flight while we were heading to Surat. For over a week, we were stuck in a hospital in Germany because mom had to undergo surgery and none of you ever bothered to call or text to find out how we're doing. Even now, two weeks after we got back, none of you have bothered to ask. Please do not use Surat as an excuse, as multiple people who were in Surat repeatedly called us to inquire.

Shk Mohammed bhai, I'm especially singling you out, as when the flight attendant asked you whether or not you know us, you responded "just a little bit". Not only that, but Dallas mumineen were staying at your house in Surat and you never even mentioned to them what happened. Janab Amil Saheb told us that since you were on board the flight with us, we wouldn't have to worry, since you look out for everyone. What a joke. Both of you are not worthy of the positions and dawat titles you hold. Complete strangers stood by us on the plane while both of you and Yusuf Unwala just left. Granted, at least Yusuf bhai's wife had the courtesty to call. We had a three hour layover so it's not like you were running short on time. Mushriq are better then you. You make a mockery of what it means to be mumineen. Aqa Moula (TUS) repeatedly says that mumineen should help other mumineen; you didn't follow that at all. Clearly the sabaqs that both of you pray are completely lost on you. For your information, I've also copied Janab Aamil Saheb other high ranking Jamaat members, just so they know what type of people both of you are. Insha'Allah, Khuda tamne jaldi pakarseh.

Ammar
It is indeed sad. I know this family who were told to migrate from Florida to Dallas. Unfortunately the writer's father also died in London when he was returning doing Ashura with SMB in India and he got sick on way back . He was a Mulla and the entire family is die hard Abde/Amte who would throw themselves from the roof top to please Kothari Masters. The mother who fractured her leg in frankfurt is from Africa.
Sad Indeed I hope they wised up.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:03 am

Aqa Moula (TUS) repeatedly says that mumineen should help other mumineen; you didn't follow that at all. Clearly the sabaqs that both of you pray are completely lost on you. For your information, I've also copied Janab Aamil Saheb other high ranking Jamaat members, just so they know what type of people both of you are.
SBM,

You seriously think they will wise up? The still believe the Moula teaches the same thing in public as in private and that the sabaqs are actually useful.

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Call me jaded, but when the physician son of Burhanuddin Moula's physician dies an unnatural death, it seems to me that foul play cannot be ruled out. It is quite possible he was in possession of evidence related to Burhanuddin Moula's health and his treatment that would not have portrayed the current powers-that-be in a favorable light. So he got finished off...Similar to how Huzefa bhaisaheb got finished off....There seem to be way too many unnatural deaths around this power structure. Just a hypothesis.

Or he was suffering a spiritual crisis because of what he knew and killed himself. In either case, my sympathies for the family. Hope it opens their eyes as to the true nature of this dawat that they have pledged their allegiance to.

saminaben

Unread post by saminaben » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:08 pm

anajmi wrote:
Aqa Moula (TUS) repeatedly says that mumineen should help other mumineen; you didn't follow that at all. Clearly the sabaqs that both of you pray are completely lost on you. For your information, I've also copied Janab Aamil Saheb other high ranking Jamaat members, just so they know what type of people both of you are.
SBM,

You seriously think they will wise up? The still believe the Moula teaches the same thing in public as in private and that the sabaqs are actually useful.
Anajmi Bhai. Shame on you.
SBM Bhai is expressing compassion on this person's situation, and your cynicism here is totally inappropriate.

think_for_yourself

Unread post by think_for_yourself » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:16 pm

ponga bhori wrote:Died because of depression.
he was suffering a spiritual crisis because of what he knew
Seriously...Let's not stand in judgement over someone's misfortune. My heart goes out to the family.

saminaben

Unread post by saminaben » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:20 pm

UnhappyBohra wrote:
Call me jaded, but when the physician son of Burhanuddin Moula's physician dies an unnatural death, it seems to me that foul play cannot be ruled out. It is quite possible he was in possession of evidence related to Burhanuddin Moula's health and his treatment that would not have portrayed the current powers-that-be in a favorable light. So he got finished off...Similar to how Huzefa bhaisaheb got finished off....There seem to be way too many unnatural deaths around this power structure. Just a hypothesis.

Or he was suffering a spiritual crisis because of what he knew and killed himself. In either case, my sympathies for the family. Hope it opens their eyes as to the true nature of this dawat that they have pledged their allegiance to.
UnhappyBohra- Jaded indeed.

Request all to hold your Natural urge to Analyse the suicide/murder. Also please restrain from "politicizing" this episode, until further information/ investigation is completed. It is first and foremost a tragic loss of a young life.

May Allah give strength to family and friends to cope with this tragic loss due to ??

haqniwaat

Unread post by haqniwaat » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:17 pm

Agree. And we as a community need to realize that it is up to each and everyone of us to be open and frank and allow someone in crisis to reach out to us so that a tragedy like this never happens again! Wake up, people!

Ummul Bani

Unread post by Ummul Bani » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:19 pm

saminaben wrote:
Request all to hold your Natural urge to Analyse the suicide/murder. Also please restrain from "politicizing" this episode, until further information/ investigation is completed. It is first and foremost a tragic loss of a young life.
Seconded.

I would also suggest the admin that the photograph of the deceased be deleted. I think posting pictures is an intrusion into somebody's personal affairs and is totally unacceptable especially in the event of a tragic death such as this.

MMH

Unread post by MMH » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:03 pm

Its really sad when someone so young passes away....
I feel more bad for the family they leave behind...old parents and young children..
I am sure by now his pictures must be circulating on whatsapp...but this picture should be taken off than do more damage...
Inna lilahi wa inna illaihi Rajeun.

haqniwaat

Unread post by haqniwaat » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:30 pm

I respectfully disagree about the photo. I think the photo is a memorial to him.

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:37 pm

Inna lillahe inna ilaihe rajeoon .. May Allah give sabr and strength to his family to bear this loss.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:26 am

A nightmare for all concerned. May Allah have mercy on our soul. Years and years of efforts to raise a child. When our child's finger is hurt we loose sleep over it. This is unimaginable for parents and siblings. May Allah give them courage to carry on.

HaqqunHaq

Unread post by HaqqunHaq » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:27 am

Received on WhatsApp
Attachments
Ali ibne Abi Talib Quotation
Ali ibne Abi Talib Quotation

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:58 am

Inna lilahi wa inna illaihi Rajeun
----------------------------------------------------------

Apologies for my query if that is inappropriate ! but committing suicide is haraam in islam. Will the deceased body be buried in bohra qabrastaan ? would like to know kothar's views on this case.