Bohra SMS Duniya

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
humanbeing
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 am

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2341

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:17 am

A bohra standing for election from congress !! Will this upset BJP-aka-shaikh narendra modi bhaisaab ??
Attachments
Bohra Congress
Bohra Congress

humanbeing
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 am

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2342

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:21 am

Another Observation !

Seems like a young lady is standing up for elections. Although its appreciated, but isn't that against SMS's ideologies for women and ghar-no-kono for roti making ! being a young politicians she will require to mingle with men of various kinds (non bohras) ! Su thai jaai !!

Akhtiar Wahid
Posts: 804
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:22 am

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2343

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:22 am

Siyasat ma Zina thai jai......!

SBM
Posts: 6444
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2344

Unread post by SBM » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:30 am

Personally I think it is very good idea. Wish we can get more information about her, her education, public engagements her views on social issues.
May be it is time that many of the people from her district attend the meetings and ask her all these questions. Ask her if she will vote on important issues facing countries will be done with the Raza of her community leader, Would she be independent of the clutches of religious leader, Ask her what are her opinions about FGM, what does she think about women;s role in Dawoodi Bohra community, what does she think about her leader if it happens to be SMS about asking women to quit work and stay home making ROTI.. Time to expose Kothari philosophy thru her candidacy, that is the beauty of democratic process,
Time to expose the links between her candidacy and the religious establishment. Find a media reporter from newsapaper like Mumbai Mirror to do a personal profie on her.
And it says sounds independent of the establishment we should encourage her

alam
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2345

Unread post by alam » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:00 pm

haqniwaat wrote:I respectfully disagree about the photo. I think the photo is a memorial to him.
The victim is an adult, this is a decent photo of him, and I concur with Haqniwaat.

It is unfortunate that our community insulates itself from the larger society and sees itself above justice, investigations, and dissemination of information - and that the victims of Violence in our community and their family members are Soon rendered Invisible.

Suicide, murder, FGM, rape, incest and affairs remain solidly Taboo topics in our community. But that is nothing new. These topics are taboo in the larger culture and society too, some more than others, and especially more so in tighter closed communities such as Bohras.

Ummul Bani
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:09 am

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2346

Unread post by Ummul Bani » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:59 pm

Br alam,
I think the reason the pic should be deleted is not because its a taboo to talk about suicide, its just owing to the fact that a family is still grieving and the least we can do is be a little considerate and not intrude and publicize it. And the exact cause too is unknown , we are only speculating.
We would certainly not like it if it was one of our dear ones and the pics were posted on a public forum.

Its upto the administrator, I have said my piece.

MMH
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2347

Unread post by MMH » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:12 pm

Alam bhai....I am in agreement with what ummul bani ben is saying. With the advent of social media and all the whatsapping that goes around why give people fodder for gossip. All sorts of things are said on whatsapp and the last thing the marhoom's family needs is people to make judgements about their lost family member hence we should not give any room for more talk. Its not respectful to the deceased person...

The family has lost a son, brother, husband and whatever is going on is irrelevant as compared to the loss of a family..

fayyaaz
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2348

Unread post by fayyaaz » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:14 pm

Ummul Bani wrote: I think the reason the pic should be deleted is not because its a taboo to talk about suicide, its just owing to the fact that a family is still grieving and the least we can do is be a little considerate and not intrude and publicize it. And the exact cause too is unknown , we are only speculating.
We would certainly not like it if it was one of our dear ones and the pics were posted on a public forum.
The pic should stay as it is in the public interest. There is no reason to consider suicide as a taboo subject. In fact, I do not believe it is in fact a taboo subject among Bohras.

Showing his pic should not be considered disrespect. But writing words that are likely to hurt his close family would be disrespect, especially if these words are written without due regards to facts. In absence of such facts, the best thing to do is to confine writing only the words of condolences for the family of the victim.

haqniwaat
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2349

Unread post by haqniwaat » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:08 am

The youngster was laid to rest in a "separate" location and the case was registered as "suicide". Reason still not known. Obviously, the family and especially the father are devastated. Our hearts go out to them. That's why our community needs to grow up and listen more to those who need us, especially to children, and not force them to do things. We need to have aamils who can provide confidential counseling and a safe haven. Aamils who are fit and trained for their post and accountable to the Dai alone and not swayed by politics and frivolity. Let us join together to remember this young man and keep his memory alive by pledging to change attitudes and behavior.
I hope that those who question others for not coming to funerals have shown up for this young man in Surat.
candlelight-vigil-memorial-lilies-lily-flowers-funeral-web-generic.jpg

humanbeing
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 am

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2350

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:23 am

I received a video on watsapp :

An abde bohra walking down the road, whips a resting dog with a stick, the blow looked really hard. Poor dog cried out in pain and ran away, while this heartless abde yelled in amusement “khozema” implying SKQ.

Such a Shame !

MMH
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2351

Unread post by MMH » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:58 am

This would be the after effect of the hate content in the ashara waaz as I received the video at that time. I think these are jamea taalebats hitting the dog.
Attachments
VID-20141031-WA0050.mp4
The video
(681.11 KiB) Downloaded 1233 times

alam
Posts: 713
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2352

Unread post by alam » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:29 am

MMH,
hatred begets hatred. this video is in poor taste. suggest you delete it from your posting while you can.

MMH
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2353

Unread post by MMH » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:49 am

alam wrote:MMH,
hatred begets hatred. this video is in poor taste. suggest you delete it from your posting while you can.

I am in agreement with you that this video is in poor taste. It has already spread like wildfire 17 days back when I had received it...

I had not posted this with the intention of making the situation light. I had posted it to show people how lowly people can be to ridicule a person who was in the 2nd highest rutba in our dawat till sometime back. In fact he was in the rutba for longer than they had ever heard of MS's existence.

Its such shame that this is happening....and this is my take on it.

I don't have the rights to delete the video but if you feel so strongly about it...please request admin.

zinger
Posts: 2066
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2354

Unread post by zinger » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:11 am

MMH wrote:This would be the after effect of the hate content in the ashara waaz as I received the video at that time. I think these are jamea taalebats hitting the dog.
what an utter, utter, utter bastard his parents have borne!!!

zinger
Posts: 2066
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2355

Unread post by zinger » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:12 am

alam wrote:MMH,
hatred begets hatred. this video is in poor taste. suggest you delete it from your posting while you can.
no. i AM going to circulate this among all my friends and send this to the Aamil too.

will update all if and when i hear from him!

zinger
Posts: 2066
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2356

Unread post by zinger » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:14 am

MMH wrote:
alam wrote:MMH,
hatred begets hatred. this video is in poor taste. suggest you delete it from your posting while you can.

I am in agreement with you that this video is in poor taste. It has already spread like wildfire 17 days back when I had received it...

I had not posted this with the intention of making the situation light. I had posted it to show people how lowly people can be to ridicule a person who was in the 2nd highest rutba in our dawat till sometime back. In fact he was in the rutba for longer than they had ever heard of MS's existence.

Its such shame that this is happening....and this is my take on it.

I don't have the rights to delete the video but if you feel so strongly about it...please request admin.
MMH ben, i dont think you posted this video of making the situation light at all. infact i thank you for. i plan to share this with some friends of mine who are hard-core followers of Mufaddal Maula and im going to ask them to justify this behaviour.

MMH
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2357

Unread post by MMH » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:25 am

zinger wrote:
MMH wrote:
I am in agreement with you that this video is in poor taste. It has already spread like wildfire 17 days back when I had received it...

I had not posted this with the intention of making the situation light. I had posted it to show people how lowly people can be to ridicule a person who was in the 2nd highest rutba in our dawat till sometime back. In fact he was in the rutba for longer than they had ever heard of MS's existence.

Its such shame that this is happening....and this is my take on it.

I don't have the rights to delete the video but if you feel so strongly about it...please request admin.
MMH ben, i dont think you posted this video of making the situation light at all. infact i thank you for. i plan to share this with some friends of mine who are hard-core followers of Mufaddal Maula and im going to ask them to justify this behaviour.

Thank you zinger bhai, much appreciated! This is the sort of reaction I was hoping from people who apply their dimaag instead of making fun of the situation like the rest are doing.

I have told the person who sent it to me this visual that this community is indeed going to the dogs...

Such audio visuals pain me. I know for a fact that the men shooting this video are jamea taalebats because the person who sent it to me associates himself with them a lot. To think of it this is the kind of behavior encouraged in our 'ilmi' 'deeni' school makes me wonder what other shenanigans go on at the jamea.

humanbeing
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 am

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2358

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:29 am

This perversion of thoughts are subtly promoted by SMS camp, by nick-naming SKQ and his children as “pillao” (puppies). This video is not the only one, I have come across another video, where SKQ’s face is distorted, twisted to look ghostly / devlilish. The hatred preached to the abde followers s further manifested by abdes in walwala and walayat of SMS by disrespecting and abusing SKQ. This is where bubblegum philosophy is turning into reality. It is far more easier, creative, entertaining for SMS abdes to make such videos, photos, jokes and phrases to earn khushi of maula then spend their time in piety or charity. These are those abdes, who care two hoots about truth and justice. They need an idol to hate and idol to love. We talked about blind faith, blind love, now abdes have gone one step ahead enjoying blind hatred.

MMH
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2359

Unread post by MMH » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:43 am

humanbeing wrote:This perversion of thoughts are subtly promoted by SMS camp, by nick-naming SKQ and his children as “pillao” (puppies). This video is not the only one, I have come across another video, where SKQ’s face is distorted, twisted to look ghostly / devlilish. The hatred preached to the abde followers s further manifested by abdes in walwala and walayat of SMS by disrespecting and abusing SKQ. This is where bubblegum philosophy is turning into reality. It is far more easier, creative, entertaining for SMS abdes to make such videos, photos, jokes and phrases to earn khushi of maula then spend their time in piety or charity. These are those abdes, who care two hoots about truth and justice. They need an idol to hate and idol to love. We talked about blind faith, blind love, now abdes have gone one step ahead enjoying blind hatred.

HB, I had heard an audio that originated from Africa. The person was aping SKQ's disability and abusing himself. He was saying things like 'mein ch*** chu, mein h***** chu.

I think there is a bigger problem at large. What MS's camp has successfully managed to do, is erase SKQ's high stature and his adroitness to reach out and connect to the people of the dawat. What they have developed is a large population of followers who are void of any spiritual enlightenment and something even more basic- a conscience!

These people will not flinch a little bit also to make videos/audios/ caricatures that we are all speaking about right now...

kimanumanu
Posts: 607
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2360

Unread post by kimanumanu » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:54 am

To be honest, this lack of conscience or mindless-ness has/did not start after the split. It has slowly been growing over the years as could have been witnessed during qadambosi bethaks. It was given the name of walwala and josh for moula and it has been very easy to turn it into the kind of hatred we see being spewed now.

DisillusionedDB
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:20 am

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2361

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:57 am

I pray that this hatred does not degenerate into physical violence :(

MMH
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:22 pm

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2362

Unread post by MMH » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:07 am

DisillusionedDB wrote:I pray that this hatred does not degenerate into physical violence :(

It did right? Remember the Qutbuddin brothers were assaulted in Raudat Tahera :roll:

mukhtaarhusain
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:48 pm

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2363

Unread post by mukhtaarhusain » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:25 am

Bros,
This clip of just a few seconds showing a teen ager boy hitting a dog n shouting DAWEDAAR is just not a clip..it leaves behind so many bad things on our coming generation..V Bohra pple r known for our Good n Calm behaviour..N this is what
MUFFY N Kothar n Gang putting in childres mind.Hatred.Violence .. N most of d
pple r forwarding n enjoying watching it..This might take a wrong track.

humanbeing
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 am

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2364

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:27 am

Expression of Walayat is taking a new meaning ! people are now standing pranaam-namaste style towards a passing air-craft carrying SMS.
Attachments
Hawa Hawaai
Hawa Hawaai

SBM
Posts: 6444
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2365

Unread post by SBM » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:39 am

Fayyaz
I broke my promise to talk to you
But here is the opportunity for you to defend this Idiot Abde who was hitting dog and calling names of Khuzema,
Do not you think he has the right to call names and hit the poor animals. This chap is only hitting dog while his master SMS enjoys killing Elephants and Lions
What do you say...

humanbeing
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:30 am

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2366

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:45 am

SBM wrote:Fayyaz
I broke my promise to talk to you
But here is the opportunity for you to defend this Idiot Abde who was hitting dog and calling names of Khuzema,
Do not you think he has the right to call names and hit the poor animals. This chap is only hitting dog while his master SMS enjoys killing Elephants and Lions
What do you say...
SBM

Dog should not have slept on the road, where these ruffian abde was walking with a stick, We can defend the right of the dog to sleep at the venue, but cannot condemn the acts of ruffian abde, under the freedom of expression. which is part of bohra belief, that allows expression of hatred. we can support the lawsuit against the ruffian abde for atrocities against animals and ridiculing a citizen that comes under the rule of law, which does not violate freedom of expression for the bohras. so you can condemn this act under the law, but not under the freedom of expression of religious beleif.

fayyaaz
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:40 pm

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2367

Unread post by fayyaaz » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:57 am

SBM wrote:Fayyaz
I broke my promise to talk to you
But here is the opportunity for you to defend this Idiot Abde who was hitting dog and calling names of Khuzema,
Do not you think he has the right to call names and hit the poor animals. This chap is only hitting dog while his master SMS enjoys killing Elephants and Lions
What do you say...
Since you are his a*$*-licker, I never expect either you or anajmi to keep your promises. But I am glad that you decided to carry on talking to me. No problem.

Since you are also intellectually challenged, I need to remind you again that I am against violence. Especially unprovoked violence against defenseless, dumb animals, including hunting wild life in Africa for pleasure. I suggest they find a 'virtual reality' outlet for their gratuitous pleasures.

I do not defend uncivilized behavior. Don't take ideas to extremes, you idiot. I defend people's right to worship freely and hold religious beliefs, Liberty is not a license for crass behavior. I do not defend those who would physically attack others for their beliefs.

You could have inferred the above from my posts. That is OK. Even a silly person like you wises up eventually.

SBM
Posts: 6444
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2368

Unread post by SBM » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:05 am

^
How can I wisen up I am talking to an idiot like you and have to act like idiot when dealing with one.. :mrgreen:

Dumbledore
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:30 am

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2369

Unread post by Dumbledore » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:25 am

I recv this video week back fron my hardcore abde relatives over whatsapp.

It is really sad to see such videos...though i did not fwd it to anyone

kimanumanu
Posts: 607
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

#2370

Unread post by kimanumanu » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:40 am

Rashid wrote:seriously?

some random kid hits sleeping dog and named him mufaddal, some one captured him on mobile and viola now it is circulating in whole world?

Is this really a thing to be discussed?
How about if it was as above? Would you still consider it not worthy of being discussed?