Bohra SMS Duniya

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
asad

Re: Bohri SMS Duniya

Unread post by asad » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:38 am

maethist wrote:Any similarity between followers of Kim Jong Un and abdes is purely co-incidental!

Lolwa kar diye

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:12 am

Except RUMAAL is missing in Talaqi :mrgreen:

Akhtiar Wahid

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:29 am

and saya topi kurta also missing!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:32 pm

Mr. Saifuddin from A.S. Abdullahbhai & Company, first Sheikh from Dawedar in Kolkata.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:41 pm

Forwarded as Received :

A serious case in point.

If you meet someone whose beloved like brother or friend or somebody they look up to had expired, and I ask you, Would you say "Mubarak, your beloved expired" ?

What's your reply ? Iam sure you would tell me without even blinking .... Are you crazy ??

If your response is on similar lines then....... Isn't saying "Ashura Mubarak" to a fellow mumin a serious and questionable matter ? I don't even want to mention what it amounts to.

If what I said makes sense then please refrain from saying Ashura Mubarak or.... Each one their own.

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:54 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:Forwarded as Received :

A serious case in point.
If you meet someone whose beloved like brother or friend or somebody they look up to had expired, and I ask you, Would you say "Mubarak, your beloved expired" ?
What's your reply ? Iam sure you would tell me without even blinking .... Are you crazy ??
If your response is on similar lines then....... Isn't saying "Ashura Mubarak" to a fellow mumin a serious and questionable matter ? I don't even want to mention what it amounts to.
If what I said makes sense then please refrain from saying Ashura Mubarak or.... Each one their own.
Actually, almost everything gets suffixed with Mubarak nowadays ... Ashara Mubarak, Waaz Mubarak, Urus Mubarak and also like Kalaam Mubarak, Qadam Mubarak, Ghurfat Mubarak, Tashreef Mubarak etc. So the basic meaning of the word has been lost due to over(mis)use.

MMH

Unread post by MMH » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:33 am

When SMS was getting Taaziyat on the death of SMB, my cousin and uncle got the opportunity to do the taaziyat...so the rest gave him 'mubarakbadi'...I found it so odd....

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:38 pm

MMH wrote:When SMS was getting Taaziyat on the death of SMB, my cousin and uncle got the opportunity to do the taaziyat...so the rest gave him 'mubarakbadi'...I found it so odd....
There's nothing odd in it...... After Ashura Mubarak they now have 'Taziyat Mubarak', there may be so many such Mubarakbadis in the offing !

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:52 pm

You forgot one main thing.. Ziyafat Mubarak :P
ghulam muhammed wrote:
MMH wrote:When SMS was getting Taaziyat on the death of SMB, my cousin and uncle got the opportunity to do the taaziyat...so the rest gave him 'mubarakbadi'...I found it so odd....
There's nothing odd in it...... After Ashura Mubarak they now have 'Taziyat Mubarak', there may be so many such Mubarakbadis in the offing !

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:59 pm

VAYEZ CONDUCTED DURING EID-E-GHADEER BY SURAT AMIL, TIME 10 A.M.

(THIS WILL BE THE CONDITION DURING MOHURRUM IN TOWNS OTHER THEN SURAT)

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:17 pm

has 'haajat mubarak' come into vogue as yet? then every visit to the bayt al khala will be an occasion for grand celebrations with fireworks, cake cutting, decorative ribbons, confetti and bohra international scout bands in attendance, a lot of bonhomie, back-slapping and shrill cries of "HAJAT MUBARAK" reverberating through the air!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:26 pm

Al Zulfiqar wrote:has 'haajat mubarak' come into vogue as yet?
Don't know about 'Haajat Mubarak' but there sure has to be "Hajaamat Mubarak" for every abde who returns home after giving Wajebat, followed by purjosh matam for being looted by the royal mafias !!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:05 pm

An abde went to Mola Mubarak at Saifee Mahal Mubarak to do Araz Mubarak of Wajebat Mubarak but since it was Ashura Mubarak, Mola Mubarak was in Surat Mubarak delivering Vayez Mubarak and doing Purjosh Matam Mubarak and the crowd were doing Rova Jeevo Muh Mubarak to gain Khushi Mubarak of Mola Mubarak.

Biradar

Unread post by Biradar » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:00 pm

You guys are too much! If I laugh any more I will get a bad stomach ache! Please, please stop, in the name of Muffi mubarak.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:39 pm

Reminds me of a scene from the movie "The wolf of wall street" where he is making a sale to a customer on the phone while acting the sale out in front of his colleagues as to how he is screwing the customer. If any of you have seen it, you will know which scene I am talking about. I am sure Mola Mubarak and his shezadaas mubarak are making the same gestures for the royal screwing of the abde mubarak.

haqniwaat

Thank You!

Unread post by haqniwaat » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:13 am

I must say that even though I am content in my belief, all this muffy craziness has been very heavy on my psyche. All of you have been like a strange type of family to me for the last many months and I truly appreciate listening to me. In times like these, it's wonderful to have someone to talk to. Thank you all and god bless!

MMH

Re: Thank You!

Unread post by MMH » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:46 am

haqniwaat wrote:I must say that even though I am content in my belief, all this muffy craziness has been very heavy on my psyche. All of you have been like a strange type of family to me for the last many months and I truly appreciate listening to me. In times like these, it's wonderful to have someone to talk to. Thank you all and god bless!

I echo what haq ni dawat says...everyone on the forum has become like an extended family. I can at least express myself and say all that i am feeling during these tough times..

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:20 am

So true ! Further echoes this sentiment. I can share my thoughts on any topic under the sun, I will be criticized or corrected without being harmed. I tried having a conversation with my siblings and cousins, I am now perceived evil and outcast by them. Taunting on any occasion where I face difficulties or fail attributing to lack of faith in daai and the consequences being gunaaho-ni-saza.
Although anonymous, but there are personalities that are reflected from every poster here.

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:20 pm

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead.

Biradar

Re: Thank You!

Unread post by Biradar » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:01 pm

haqniwaat wrote:I must say that even though I am content in my belief, all this muffy craziness has been very heavy on my psyche. All of you have been like a strange type of family to me for the last many months and I truly appreciate listening to me. In times like these, it's wonderful to have someone to talk to. Thank you all and god bless!
This is quite true. People here argue with each other, but do provide a sense of community, specially to those of us who do not conform to the rigid, one-size-fits-all approach of Mr. Muffadul mubarak. Also, as some are unable to broach many of the topics here with friends and family for fear of retaliation, this forum provides a nice venue for people to congregate and discuss controversial ideas.

I think this forum is a like a large dysfunctional family. Something like the Addams Family, just crazier.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:13 pm

Biradar wrote:You guys are too much! If I laugh any more I will get a bad stomach ache!
Don't worry, you can send an arzi to Mola Mubarak for "Phoonk nu pani" .

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:44 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:
Biradar wrote:You guys are too much! If I laugh any more I will get a bad stomach ache!
Don't worry, you can send an arzi to Mola Mubarak for "Phoonk nu pani" .
Slight correction ... "Phoonk nu pani MUBARAK" :D

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:21 pm

The 'Ashura Mubaraka' quote is criticised and mocked by majority of Bohras and has become a talking point amongst them as it is well highlighted on the forum. Now the PR and marketing team of Muffy is in an overdrive mode and Bohras are flooded with watsup messages thereby defending their farman. I have received 2 such messages from as many as 15 Bohra friends :-

1) Haj Mubarak
Karbala Mubarak
Ashara Mubarak.

All these places we go to get Gunah maaf karava saaru. Tesi Mubarak kahiye che. Waha si aawnar paak thai jaye che, em niyat si ke je gunah thai gaya ye shaks dubara ena si door rahe.

2) Being a devil's advocate here: by Ashara Mubarak they are giving respect to Ashara... like Mubarak means significant/holy as in Eid Mubarak... similar to how we refer as Mubarak divas or Ramzan being a Mubarak mahina... this is how I perceive it.

BohriKakaHumor

Unread post by BohriKakaHumor » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:58 am

Bohri Kaka says "Velan Patla Zindabad!! Education Murdabad"
BohriKaka2.jpg
http://bohrikaka.blogspot.in/

SAMM

Unread post by SAMM » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:58 am

Dear fiate2000,
As you said you can send/post pictures of the bride with her mum in that particular getup... I would like to request you to actually post them up as I don't think you have got your facts on point. The brides parents have not been involved in any of this, and they haven't been present in such a function(saying from a reliable source) so stop telling people fake things. And if im wrong, then please show us the picture of the bride and mum in this getup!! Another thing, I don't think you have actually met Lamiyah Khanbhai to actually say she is the bride in the white dress. Please have a look at her picture(Lamiyah) and compare it with the girl in the white dress. That is definately not Lamiyah. I have met her in person and i know that isnt her. All I'm saying is don't write something before you have got your facts in the right place otherwise you will look like the silly one. Thanks..
fiate2000 wrote:Dear brother MMH, these are genuine pictures posted to me from a very reliable source. There was also a traditional bohra wedding (that the masi sent you pictures of and I have those too). The lady in the picture? I am sure everyone knows the kamal of makeups, :wink:
If you insist, I can send you the pictures of the bride with her mom in this getup (even though I am not their masi).
[/quote]

maethist

Unread post by maethist » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:31 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:The 'Ashura Mubaraka' quote is criticised and mocked by majority of Bohras and has become a talking point amongst them as it is well highlighted on the forum. .......
Mubarak is a multipurpose word meaning blessed, fortunate or lucky (Hans Wehr dictionary).

It is like saying you are blessed for being alive for Eid, Ashura, or performing Hajj etc. It is not out of place for wishing tehniyat (congratulations) to a person. It is appropriate when addressing a person directly or when describing one person to a third party.

But, although it is going overboard when used as an adjective for hand, feet, places etc., it does not appear completely out of place.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:58 pm

Forwarded as received :

Aavi gai pass ni mausam
Jaha jaavu hoi waha pass
Koi ne andar ni pass to koi ne bahar ni pass
Je ne na male te udaas
vayez ni pass
jaman ni pass
majlis ni pass
Jaha jaao waha pehla pass
Jene mili jaai sagli pass e pass
ane je ne na mile e naa-pass
Pass waaste koi nathi koi nu khaas
Pass pass pass....

DisillusionedDB

Unread post by DisillusionedDB » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:46 am

maethist wrote:Mubarak is a multipurpose word meaning blessed, fortunate or lucky (Hans Wehr dictionary).
It is like saying you are blessed for being alive for Eid, Ashura, or performing Hajj etc. It is not out of place for wishing tehniyat (congratulations) to a person. It is appropriate when addressing a person directly or when describing one person to a third party.
But, although it is going overboard when used as an adjective for hand, feet, places etc., it does not appear completely out of place.
One can play around with all the meanings all day long but if something doesn't sound correct then I suppose it isn't. I do agree with the the meanings that you have given from the dictionary but that doesn't mean the word can used/abused to such an extent that it loses its value. If we were to say mubarak for something that is really good or pleasing for a person or for a happy event, then it is justified. Other than that we would have to huff and puff to explain the term.

think_for_yourself

Unread post by think_for_yourself » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:05 am

Check out this Maggi Two minute "Waaz Mubarak" and the sly time check at right after 1:50ish....Sorry gotta wrap up this shahadat and go slaughter some elephants...Really Muffu, just give up this dhongi charade..... You can also tell that he is not interested in listening to the people.

What a far cry from the kind, wise and gentle questions from Qutbuddin Aqa TUS.
Attachments
c0297bb2d2f0464bfef359ecb600f859.mp4
(7.68 MiB) Downloaded 1326 times

think_for_yourself

Unread post by think_for_yourself » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:06 am

Check out this Maggi Two minute "Waaz Mubarak" and the sly time check at right after 1:50ish....Sorry gotta wrap up this shahadat and go slaughter some elephants...Really Muffu, just give up this dhongi charade..... You can also tell that he is not interested in listening to the people.

What a far cry from the kind, wise and gentle questions from Qutbuddin Aqa TUS.