New Zarih for Imam Husain

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
mnoorani

Re: New Zarih for Imam Husain

Unread post by mnoorani » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:17 pm

anajmi wrote:Bombing masjids is the deed of shayateen. Now, are you going to donate any gold for the Zarih of Imam Hussain?
No I cannot afford to. But that should not stop you from abusing more shias and clandestinely funding a few killings of fellow muslims as they do not follow your set of beleifs.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:29 pm

mnoorani
No I cannot afford to.
Would you donate if you could afford it?

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:41 pm

Muslim First wrote:
mnoorani
No I cannot afford to.
Would you donate if you could afford it?
Why this immense interest in my ability to spend ? You want to create more shia hating, shia naming fatwas by the answers that I may give ? Try the strongholds of wahhabism for more ways to fan more hatred and name calling ,let us hear some more new titles straight out of Al Qaedaies.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Br mnoorani

I have sent you a PM

You got ped off even though anajmi's post had no disrespect towards Imam RA. Now please stop digging hole for you.

Peace and Wasalaam.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:25 pm

No I cannot afford to.
Which means that you would if you could afford to. Which makes you a Hussain worshipper!!

Here is the normal idiotic whine of these morons.

anajmi - Do not donate gold. It is of no use.
idol worshipper - you are a wahhabi, you bomb masajid.
anajmi - I do not bomb masajid.
idol worshipper - then you at least kill people.
anajmi - I do not kill people.
idol worshipper - But you told me not to donate gold for zarih - that means you are a wahhabi murderer and you bomb masajid.
anajmi - No. That means you are an idol worshipper!!
idol worshipper - ok now go kill people and bomb masajid.
anajmi - I have to go to the hospital to get stitches cause this idiot made me bang my head against the wall!!

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Like I said,
Let Admin rename this site as Husaain Worshippers/idol worshippers,

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:29 am

Anajmi

Seriously you come to this forum to kick butts blindly !! I never justified Donating Gold and Silver on zarees or mausoleums. Infact I had started a thread expressing my disappointment over these wasted expenses.

My request to you is not to bluntly accuse Imam Hussain (Hypothetically) over deeds done by greedy people. Anyhow, No point arguing on advise I wanted to convey. As you are “smartest” of all on this forum.

I don’t donate Gold Silver or a Dime to such projects. Even when asked with compulsion.

MM Bukhari

Unread post by MM Bukhari » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:36 am

just because of moron Anajmi and his pet dog muslim first, all serious topics related to bohras are turn dowwn to dust, these both idiots shud be banned as soon as possible, after all they are not bohras and they have no concern with bohra dealings, so let them lurk and bull shiit on some sunni forum not here.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:18 am

entailment wrote: If we are looking for the right of expression, freedom to live our lives the way we like it and the right of not spending our money under coercion why are we questioning the people who out of love of their Imam is spending their hard earned income to build a magnificent monument for him. If the rationale of voluntary spending of our own money is questioned, we will end no where in the logic of arguments. The bottom line of wasteful spending is so relative. There is so much pain and suffering around that we will end up in a Marxist state which has seen its failure with even greater miseries for all in our lifetime..
Entailment
What is the spiritual advantage or expression of respect / Love in building magnificent monument for a personality who stood against such extravagance ! Isnt it a cruel irony ?

Why not create a magnificent example by utilizing these resources into up holding principles of service for humanity in name of the personality so revered – respected – loved.

How about pumping resources and efforts of these resources into creating world class infrastructures like :
Chain of Schools / Colleges / Universities promoting innovation and research
Hospitals with cost effective to free medical treatments
Water & Electricity Projects at rural troubled villages
Provision of Roti-Kapda-Makaan to needy regardless of caste creed or color

Poverty in this world is endless, because Allah has commanded so; to run the engine of this world, to create choices so that Human (best creation of allah) can exercise free will, so that they can be judged on the Judgement day !

Why do we have books like Quran / Bible / Gita which write at length about good & bad, right & wrong choices. Why do we have schools / colleges to teach us right and wrongs of day to day life.
Its all about choices we make ! poverty can never be removed, but its an opportunity to make our self better humanbeings and to make this world a sane place to live. From helping poor to being a poor is an experience worth living.
Commoners look upto priestly leaders for advise in all matters, when such priestly class resort to promoting expenses in these direction, its corruption of faith and trust.

porus

Unread post by porus » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:38 am

MM Bukhari wrote:just because of moron Anajmi and his pet dog muslim first, all serious topics related to bohras are turn dowwn to dust, these both idiots shud be banned as soon as possible, after all they are not bohras and they have no concern with bohra dealings, so let them lurk and bull shiit on some sunni forum not here.
While I would not use the inelegant language used by MM Bukhari, I have sympathy with the underlying sentiment that he expresses. Over the past ten years many discussions pertaining to Bohras have been blown off-course by the two Wahhabies.

Bohra Reform is not against the Fatemi-Tayyibi doctrines and it is not in business to convert Bohras into Wahhabies or even Sunnis. These two Wahhabies have been playing the same old record - "Bohras are idol-worshippers, ali-worshippers, Husain-worshippers etc: - for the past ten years. They do not advance Bohra Reform discussions nor Bohra internal discussions among Bohras.

Shia culture has its own take on Islam. When they are confronted by those who reject everything about them - their take on Quran, their hadith, their fiqh, their beliefs, their reverence for Imams etc. - what is the point of participating in discussions with them? Let alone discussions, what is the point of letting every discussion being turned into a Shia-Wahhabi argument?

If we want to read anti-Shia arguments, "Shias are idol-worshippers" argument, "Shias are Kafirs" arguments, we can do so on hundreds of Wahhabi websites. Why do we have to put up with this noise in every discussion about Bohras and Reform on this site too?

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:57 am

" Bohra Reform is not against the Fatemi-Tayyibi doctrines and it is not in business to convert Bohras into Wahhabies or even Sunnis. These two Wahhabies have been playing the same old record - "Bohras are idol-worshippers, ali-worshippers, Husain-worshippers etc: - for the past ten years. They do not advance Bohra Reform discussions nor Bohra internal discussions among Bohras. "

Very well said Porus bhai. Unfortunately the Admin does not agree to this yet.
Time and again important topics related to our cultural and religious issues have been diverted by these two wahhabies. Atleast abbas has gone.
I do hope that after ten years, the Amin takes notice. Specially at this time as many first timers are visiting he forum.

MM Bukhari

Unread post by MM Bukhari » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:41 am

mnoorani wrote:" Bohra Reform is not against the Fatemi-Tayyibi doctrines and it is not in business to convert Bohras into Wahhabies or even Sunnis. These two Wahhabies have been playing the same old record - "Bohras are idol-worshippers, ali-worshippers, Husain-worshippers etc: - for the past ten years. They do not advance Bohra Reform discussions nor Bohra internal discussions among Bohras. "

Time and again important topics related to our cultural and religious issues have been diverted by these two wahhabies. Atleast abbas has gone.
I do hope that after ten years, the Amin takes notice. Specially at this time as many first timers are visiting he forum.
this exactly is my point, when the new comers come on this forum and read comments from wahabis, it is obvious they will hesitate to take part in any discussion.

MM Bukhari

Unread post by MM Bukhari » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:41 am

mnoorani wrote:" Bohra Reform is not against the Fatemi-Tayyibi doctrines and it is not in business to convert Bohras into Wahhabies or even Sunnis. These two Wahhabies have been playing the same old record - "Bohras are idol-worshippers, ali-worshippers, Husain-worshippers etc: - for the past ten years. They do not advance Bohra Reform discussions nor Bohra internal discussions among Bohras. "

this exactly is my point, when the new comers come on this forum and read comments from wahabis, it is obvious they will hesitate to take part in any discussion.

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:52 am

Deleted

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:09 am

humanbeing wrote:Kothari Inc is increasingly promoting a disturbing sense of human / material worshipping. Galiyakot Roza, Mumbai Roza, Ahmedabad Roza and could be more has some antiquitiy from another Roza / Zari nailed to the wall for people to express their devotion.

These antiquities are Block of Tile, doors, Windows etc. people kiss them, pray in front of them, express their desires and wishes.

Whats happening with Bohras ??
Forget what us happening to us Brother, but look at yourself.

You are beginning to show signs of drifting away from the Shia Dawoodi Bohra faith and more towards the Sunni/Salafi/Wahabi school of thought.

I would suggest that you follow in the footsteps of Ali Abbas and Anajmi and convert and join Sunni Muslims.

Please understand, i dont mean to insult you, i am just saying that it seems that you feel that they are right and we are wrong, so you should leave us and join them.

seriously, think about it. i write this with no hatred in my heart for you, just best wishes that you be happy, if that is where you think the truth lies

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:18 am

New Zaris for Imam Hussein- Shia victims vs Wahabi rants
http://dawoodi-bohras.com/forum/viewtop ... f=2&t=7733

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:24 am

@ mnoorani
I have responded to your PM

progticide

Unread post by progticide » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:54 am

porus wrote: Bohra Reform is not against the Fatemi-Tayyibi doctrines and it is not in business to convert Bohras into Wahhabies or even Sunnis. These two Wahhabies have been playing the same old record - "Bohras are idol-worshippers, ali-worshippers, Husain-worshippers etc: - for the past ten years. They do not advance Bohra Reform discussions nor Bohra internal discussions among Bohras.
While taking away nothing from what Porus has mentioned above and not at all discounting the irritation caused by the two mushriq o munafiqs on this forum, I have some genuine reservation about the validity of the outcry that many of the reformists have displayed above.

Read the post completely before jumping with prejudicial notions about my comment.

It is an established fact that:

- The DBs have countered reformists and all others including Sunnis/wahabis on this forum alone and have never sought any help from any rival group against the other, either directly or indirectly.

-The DBs have been the single most targetted group on this forum from all others. Afterall, this forum was established for that purpose.

- The reformists and the Sunni/Wahabis have shared the common front against DBs on almost every thread that one can look up on this forum. No reformist can deny the fact that they have enjoyed the rants of these mushriq o munafiqs against DBs and their Dai and other dignitaries.

- In most of the threads, and I challenge this openly, it would be difficult to identify and differentiate the reformists' post from wahabi posts' in the single-ended abuse and rhetoric against the DBs. For a newcomer on this forum, as acknowledged by a reformist member above, it would be difficult to discern which member is reformist and who is Sunni/wahabi.

- The reformists like any other opportunists have join hands with the Sunni/wahabis to malign and mock the DBs on this forum as their common enemy.

- There are instances where reformists have not hesitated to confront DBs only to support the Sunni/wahabi side in desperate cases, thereby even compromising with the Ismaili tayyebi faith presumedly professed by them.

Whatever I have written above is a well established fact and does not require any commenting or clarification from the reformists unless someone wants to unnecessarily drag the subject, which anyways will not invite any response from me atleast.

Thus, while the reformists have taken full advantage of the presence of these wahabis on this forum against their common enemy, i.e DBs, it is rather surprising that reformists should now cry foul and seek removal of the wahabis from this forum. Every now and then you reformists seek banning them, but the next thread you would be together forgetting all your differences in the interest of your common objective i.e DB - Bashing.

It nowhere means that I do not want to see them kicked out. I strongly support this motion; a rare agreement on a point, one may say. But then, frankly is this done to improve the overall decorum of this forum or is it just because these guys have now trained their guns on you reformists too.

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:04 am

i second the post that progticide bhai is making. but however, i do not believe that they should be kicked out, this is free-for-all forum so the best thing to do is ignore them when they start their usual chit-chat

i have mentioned it earlier too that for the progs, the idea is "mera dushman ka dushman mera dost". Which is why, you will often find them addressing Muslim First and Anajmi as bhai, but us, derogatorily as idiots etc.

Even GM bhai who otherwise claims has respect for the daawat, has taken to abusing the mansoos. i wonder if that was a slip of tongue or a slip of the veil that hides his true feelings. have pasted his post below, just incase someone decided to quickly edit it before the cat is out of the bag

this only goes to show that they consider us as enemies to such an extent, that they will gladly join hands with outsiders, just to score brownie points against us.

everything that progticide has professed above is true. the proof is plain and clear for all to see

sad state of affairs indeed.

Re: Ziyafats

Postby ghulam muhammed on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:43 am

fearAllah wrote:I have got pics of Sayedna Muffadal bhai saheb from Colombo accepting ziyafats from three clean shave people, one of them also getting sheikh title

Wait for some more time, you will have pics of the manhoos and the dai accepting Ziafats from people coming in bermuda pants, printed T-shirts and an adidas cap with christian dior coolers !!

Muslim First

Unread post by Muslim First » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:40 am

Zinger
i have mentioned it earlier too that for the progs, the idea is "mera dushman ka dushman mera dost". Which is why, you will often find them addressing Muslim First and Anajmi as bhai, but us, derogatorily as idiots etc.
It is common curtsy that a Muslim calls another Muslim Brother. I am sure neither your culture, Madhab nor religious leaders has taught you.
Learn from Brother progticide. He has learned manners, to hate and abuse since he was in his mothers womb.
Please call anything you want.
Wasalaam

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:55 am

Muslim First wrote:
Zinger
It is common curtsy that a Muslim calls another Muslim Brother. I am sure neither your culture, Madhab nor religious leaders has taught you.
Learn from Brother progticide. He has learned manners, to hate and abuse since he was in his mothers womb.
Please call anything you want.
Wasalaam
What about the venom that you spew on others just because they do not share the same set of beleifs as yours. This hate has destroyed islamic nations and have added to the greater Islamophobia. As I said earlier, do your dawaah work elsewhere and openly ,not behind a veil of a misnomer. We are the bohras very much in the community. We beleive in change from within and come here under misnomers ,to safeguard our close ,old relatives.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:56 am

mnoorani, zinger, mmb and other idiots,

This thread was not a shia bashing thread until you whiny bunch played the victim card. Most threads are accused of being turned into shia bashing because you cowards play the victim card and start whining. I talk about gold and silver not reaching Imam Hussain and suddenly, the 'lovers' of Imam Hussain start crying wolf (or start crying 'wahhabi' :wink: )

I've been watching this whining for ten years now. No wonder you guys ain't going anywhere. The Dai is better off than he was before and the abde idiots are bigger idiots now than they were before!!

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:09 am

anajmi wrote:mnoorani, zinger, mmb and other idiots,

This thread was not a shia bashing thread until you whiny bunch played the victim card. Most threads are accused of being turned into shia bashing because you cowards play the victim card and start whining. I talk about gold and silver not reaching Imam Hussain and suddenly, the 'lovers' of Imam Hussain start crying wolf (or start crying 'wahhabi' :wink: )

I've been watching this whining for ten years now. No wonder you guys ain't going anywhere. The Dai is better off than he was before and the abde idiots are bigger idiots now than they were before!!

You are a wahhabi, Al Qaeda folower. Go practice what you beleive in the place you stay and try stoning to death a zina khor in your city of the USA. We are sensible people who do not take the law of the land lightly.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:19 am

mnoorani - member of the whiny bunch,

I am not a wahhabi nor am I Al Qaeda. Have you heard of something called a straw man? When you cannot beat someone, you create a straw man and then beat that straw man instead. That is what the people belonging to the whiny bunch do. And that includes "highly educated" people like porus and not just abde idiots. This should tell you that there is something definitely wrong with you people. The difference between you and me is that I call you what you are. All of you obviously realize that, but are incapable of doing anything about it other than whining.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:24 am

Shia culture has its own take on Islam. When they are confronted by those who reject everything about them - their take on Quran, their hadith, their fiqh, their beliefs, their reverence for Imams etc. - what is the point of participating in discussions with them? Let alone discussions, what is the point of letting every discussion being turned into a Shia-Wahhabi argument?
An illogical argument. One shouldn't be setting up conditions for discussions. If I accetp your take on everything, then what would the discussion be about? How much gold to donate for the zarih? The reason you do not participate in discussions is because you have been unable to answer any of the issues raised with your take on the Quran, your hadith, your fiqh, your beliefs, your reverence for your Imams etc. The only course left for you is to whine which apparently is the only thing you can do well now!!

entailment

Unread post by entailment » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:15 pm

"I only like to present view based on Qura'n and Sunnah."
It will be futile to prove or otherwise (with Quran & Sunnah) the views of those who don't follow the Shia Dawoodi Bohra Faith... It is "belief" and not some set of physical laws to be verified by a set of experiments. Quran and Sunnah are central to the shia belief, but their interpretation should necessarily source from the House of Imam Ali A.S.. May I over-simplify that what separates a sunni practitioner from a shia one is the intensity of the association of the later with Ahl-e-Bait. The shia mainstream places Panjatan and the chain of Imams at such a high pedestal that the fine line between love and worship can seldom be distinguished. This reverence should be respected as it is beyond hypocrisy or out of greed. This association is intense and deeply woven into the mind body and soul of a typical shia practitioner. It is not possible for a non-shia to comprehend this. And as such bashing shia for their "irrational" love for their Imams is like accusing a mother for loving her children too much. Belief systems are rational only to the extent you want them to be. To quote Iqbal;;;

"khaira na kar saka mujhey, jalwaey daanish’e farAng
surma hai meiri aaNkh ka, khaakey Madina o Najaf"

"Hey meray dil main firozaan dagh-e-ishq-e-Ahl-Bayt
Dhoondta phirta hey Zil-e-Daman-e-Haider mujhe"

"Roney wâlâ hoon shahid-e-Karbala kay gham may mayn
Kyâ durrey maqsûd na daingay Sâqi-e-Kauthar mujhey"

I have just gone through the MISSION STATEMENT of the progressive movement..wish to reproduce as it is very much relevant to refresh what this forum is about.
"We are Ismaili Fatimid Mustalian Tayyebi Dawoodi Bohras, a sect of Shia Islam. We accept the succession of Imams up to Imam Tayyeb, and the line of Tayyebi Dais starting from Syedna Zoeb bin Moosa to the current Dai, Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin.
We are Dawoodi Bohras, and are referred to as reformists or progressives because of our struggle to bring social reforms in the community. We accept the religious authority and staus of the Dai. What we challenge is the elaborate system of conrol and coercsion that has developed in the instituion of Dawat. In common parlance this bureucracy of the priestly class is calld the Kothar. Over the years the Kothar has assummed draconian powers, taxing and controlling Bohras from womb to tomb."

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:39 pm

"We are Ismaili Fatimid Mustalian Tayyebi Dawoodi Bohras, a sect of Shia Islam. We accept the succession of Imams up to Imam Tayyeb, and the line of Tayyebi Dais starting from Syedna Zoeb bin Moosa to the current Dai, Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin.
We are Dawoodi Bohras, and are referred to as reformists or progressives because of our struggle to bring social reforms in the community. We accept the religious authority and staus of the Dai. What we challenge is the elaborate system of conrol and coercsion that has developed in the instituion of Dawat. In common parlance this bureucracy of the priestly class is calld the Kothar. Over the years the Kothar has assummed draconian powers, taxing and controlling Bohras from womb to tomb."
This statement needs to be updated with time and new knowledge because by this statement I am not a prog but just a rebel.

My mission statement would read

"We generally follow Ismaili Fatimid Mustalian Tayyebi Dawoodi Bohras, a sect of Shia Islam. We accept the great respect, honor and take guidance from Ahlul Bayt , succession of Imams up and the Ashabas to the Prophet. We respect Imam Tayyeb, and the line of Tayyebi Dais starting from Syedna Zoeb bin Moosa as references and pioneers to our Indo-Islamic heritage.
We are Dawoodi Bohras, and are referred to as reformists or progressives because of our struggle to bring social reforms in the community. We accept the expertise in matters of religion of the Dai. What we challenge and seek alternative leadership is to the elimination of the elaborate system of conrol and coercsion that has developed in the instituion of Dawat. In common parlance this bureucracy of the priestly class is calld the Kothar. Over the years the Kothar has assummed draconian powers, taxing and controlling Bohras from womb to tomb."

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:01 pm

An extract from an article which could be relevant to the subject :-

Etymologically the word ‘dialogue’ comes from the Greek “dia”, to see through, and “logos” (speech, discourse). As the etymology of the word indicates “dialogue” refers to the process of gaining a deeper understanding of the other through the process of meaningful conversation. The nature of dialogue is based on a number of principles that are unique to it and set it apart from other forms of discourse such as a debate, discussion or a refutation. When two people are engaged in a dialogue they embark on a search for common meaning though a process of a mutual inquiry and in the spirit of cooperation they suspend any preconceived assumptions of the other prior to entering it.

Dialogue is by its very nature always a developing, creative and ongoing process with the views of the participants taking the form of notions that are tentative and open to modification. Through dialogue its participants become consciously ‘vulnerable’, seeking deeper understanding of the other (and thereby the self) with the aim of generating empathy and increased sensitivity for the humanity, the inherent dignity and difference of the other. It is a process of bringing the hearts (and not necessarily the minds) of those engaged in dialogue together. As Martin Buber puts it “true dialogue expresses an essential aspect of the human spirit, when we listen and respond to one another with an authenticity that forges a bond between us”.

Willingness to exercise introspection and self-criticism are also essential ingredients of those engaging in dialogue. For dialogue to be meaningful its participants must establish mutual trust and approach dialogue with integrity and honesty. This nature of dialogue also applies to interreligious dialogue. What is peculiar to interreligious dialogue is that, given the above, it does not seek doctrinal agreement or conversion but is a process of enriching one’s own faith by gaining a better understanding of the other and establishing respect for those who belong to a different religious tradition. Meaningful interreligious dialogue also brings about the multifaceted, complex and contested nature of each of the participants’ own religious tradition and does not neglect the cacophony of diverse and, at times marginalized voices that make up each religious tradition itself.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:02 pm

An extract from an article which could be relevant to the subject :-

Etymologically the word ‘dialogue’ comes from the Greek “dia”, to see through, and “logos” (speech, discourse). As the etymology of the word indicates “dialogue” refers to the process of gaining a deeper understanding of the other through the process of meaningful conversation. The nature of dialogue is based on a number of principles that are unique to it and set it apart from other forms of discourse such as a debate, discussion or a refutation. When two people are engaged in a dialogue they embark on a search for common meaning though a process of a mutual inquiry and in the spirit of cooperation they suspend any preconceived assumptions of the other prior to entering it.

Dialogue is by its very nature always a developing, creative and ongoing process with the views of the participants taking the form of notions that are tentative and open to modification. Through dialogue its participants become consciously ‘vulnerable’, seeking deeper understanding of the other (and thereby the self) with the aim of generating empathy and increased sensitivity for the humanity, the inherent dignity and difference of the other. It is a process of bringing the hearts (and not necessarily the minds) of those engaged in dialogue together. As Martin Buber puts it “true dialogue expresses an essential aspect of the human spirit, when we listen and respond to one another with an authenticity that forges a bond between us”.

Willingness to exercise introspection and self-criticism are also essential ingredients of those engaging in dialogue. For dialogue to be meaningful its participants must establish mutual trust and approach dialogue with integrity and honesty. This nature of dialogue also applies to interreligious dialogue. What is peculiar to interreligious dialogue is that, given the above, it does not seek doctrinal agreement or conversion but is a process of enriching one’s own faith by gaining a better understanding of the other and establishing respect for those who belong to a different religious tradition. Meaningful interreligious dialogue also brings about the multifaceted, complex and contested nature of each of the participants’ own religious tradition and does not neglect the cacophony of diverse and, at times marginalized voices that make up each religious tradition itself.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:44 am

zinger wrote:Forget what us happening to us Brother, but look at yourself.
You are beginning to show signs of drifting away from the Shia Dawoodi Bohra faith and more towards the Sunni/Salafi/Wahabi school of thought.
I would suggest that you follow in the footsteps of Ali Abbas and Anajmi and convert and join Sunni Muslims.
Please understand, i dont mean to insult you, i am just saying that it seems that you feel that they are right and we are wrong, so you should leave us and join them.
seriously, think about it. i write this with no hatred in my heart for you, just best wishes that you be happy, if that is where you think the truth lies
Zinger

Please help me understand the spirituality content of placing antiquities and pieces of mausoleum and zarees for commoners to revere and make it a medium of expression of piety, respect and love.

Commoners look upto priestly leaders for guidance in matters of faith and piety. They follow with confidence and trust teachings imparted by these leaders. One should see how the commoner bohra revere this articles excitingly and express their wishes and desires, piety etc.

Bohras are drifting away from common sense and humanity and surrounding themselves with material articles to express their devotion.

Mindsets of bohra are changing into very inclusive cult, which is becoming dangerous day by day. More of such superficial dependence is making the grip of priestly class on bohra commoner tighter.

Kothar has masterminded emotional control by creating layers and layers of emotional vents to express devotions to keep commoner bohra busy. Fully exploiting human tendency to resort to idol worshipping.

Rights and wrong we can discuss and I m open to debates. I write with common sense, I dnt have references or authentic sources to back up complex exploitative practices. With common sense I m ready to change my opinion. So help me !

If building magnificent Zarees with gold and silver was so important, then why were the zarees and mausoleums not made grand by previous Imams or Dais ?

In my knowledge most of the Mausoleums in India and Yemen or elsewhere were refurbished renovated to grand scale by 51st & 52nd Dai. Personality’s grave on which these tombs stand;
Would their respect in eyes of bohra decrease if they were not made grand ?
Imagine, it would have far more better effect, if those graves were kept simple as an example for people to learn, that we all return to maker simple.
Would it be better to impart the knowledge, message and principles those personalities lived and died for ?

Schemes and Projects of human development can be started in the name of those personalities so much respected and loved. Hopefully not worshipped. Like starting “n” number of scholarships, medical treatments, entrepreneur, housing, clothing, etc.

I prefer to remain human with common sense rather than tag myself with abde sunni wahaabi etc. it doesn’t make a difference what I m called, what matters is how I have spent the wealth I earned. Emotional satisfaction of making something work be it making an electric circuit or help a life is enough to be at peace spiritually.

Although leaders advise in all respect, but human mind has a tendency to focus on easy tasks, they find focusing their devotion much easier to express standing in front of Marbled tile, gold door, silver window, marbled grave to wail and express their wishes, desires and piety to go home content that they have done their part of being righteous bohra Muslim.