Bohra Marriages And The Real Truth.

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
ghulam muhammed

Bohra Marriages And The Real Truth.

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:02 pm

The below mentioned post had appeared on the forum some time back :-

The fist historic mass marriage without Dai’s or his Amil’s permission (Raza) had taken place in Udaipur on the 16th of March 1975 in which more than a 100 couples participated. More than 50 thousand people from all over the world took part in the Nikah and wedding ceremony. Nikah were performed by Bohra, Sunni and Shia Kazis and were reported world-wide. It was unfortunate that rather then blessing the couples a responsible person like Syedna Burhanuddin declared the Nikah void and claimed that the children born out of such wed-lock would be physically and mentally handicapped. How baseless the Syedna's claim was, that is now proved as the children born out of 1975 wed-lock are 30 to 35 years old are physically and mentally absolutely fit and fine. And Syedna's truth is in front of the world.

Question now is whether Dai's or his Amils' permission (Raza) is obligatory for the validity of Nikah? How much truth is there in this claim or belief of Dawoodi Bohras?”

In the history of the Dawoodi Bohra Community several Nikah were performed at the hands of non-Bohra Muslim Kazis and ordinary Bohras. But the first such recorded Nikah was performed in 1937 was that of Sadiq Ali Gulam Husain Lenwala performed in Karachi by Sunni Muslim Kazi, Maulana Mohammad Sadiq. It was opposed by the Syedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb who had the same claims. Syedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb was the first Dai who harshly imposed the slavish practices of Raza, Misaq for Dai, and Jamatkharij, with-holding / denying marriages and burials, some inhuman, un-Islamic practices which were unthinkable in the times of earlier Dais. When late Syedna Saheb opposed such Nikah, the Dawoodi Bohra Ulemas who were well-versed in Shari'ah laws wrote extensively informing the community members about the doctrines of Ismaili Shari'ah. Once the truth was known several court cases were filed against late Syedna Saheb's administration and it’s stand was proved wrong.

The present generation is perhaps unaware of Shari'ah laws and earlier history and the validity of Nikah.

We have Qur'an and books of Ismaili faith like Ekhwanus-Safa, Rahatul Aql, Da'aim-al-Islam, Majalis-e-Moiyyadiyah, Kitabul fiqah etc. based on the constitution delivered by the holy Prophet of Islam revealed on him by Allah through Wah-yi and on the traditions (Hadise-Saqlen) of the holy Prophet Hazrat Mohammad. Based on the teachings of Qur'an, traditions of the holy Prophet and the practices of Ahle-Byte, Imam Muhammad Baqir and Imam Jafar - Assadiq formulated the Ismaili Shari'ah.

In the light of these authentic resources let us now examine:
a) Whether Raza of Dai or his Amils for Nikah is required?
b) Whether Nikah solemnized by Muslims other than those of Dai's appointed persons valid according to our Shari'ah?

1) Qur'an says in this regard:
In 2nd verse of Sura An-Nisaa after instructing not to usurp the property of Orphans and widows, it is said in 3rd verse men are asked to marry one or two or three or four women with a condition that they will not do any injustice with any one of their wives.
The verse 221 of Sura Baqarah and Sura Al-Mumtahan instruct not to marry the non-believers and idol-worshippers.
The verse 2 to 3 of Sura Annoor instructs not to marry adulterers.
The verse 222 to 242 of Sura Baqarah describes the laws of divorce.
Islam advocates living a married life and prohibits unmarried life.

Sura An-Noor verse 32 states: "Wa ankihal - ayyamaa minkum wassaalihina min ibaadikum wa imaa-ikum: inyyakunu fuqaraa - a yugnihimullaahu min fazlih: wallaahu Waasi -un-Alim."
Which means: And marry such of you as are solitary and pious of your slaves and maid-servants. If they be poor, Allah will enrich them of His bounty. Allah is of ample means, be aware.

Thus Qur'an thus makes it obligatory on the leaders of the society or community to provide facilities so that, rich or poor, no one remains unmarried. But it is unfortunate that in our Bohra Community people are discouraged by putting hurdles of Raza, beard, dress code, payment of wajebat, Sabeel, Salaam etc. by those who are supposed to be well-versed in Quran and Shari'ah laws. They are ones who are committing great sin of violation of Allah's commandments.

2) The Traditions and practices of Messenger of Allah about "Raza" and Nikah performed by ordinary Bohras and non-Bohra Muslims:
In Sura An-'Aam verse 50 Allah instructs even His Prophet, "Qul-laa aqulu lakum indi khazaa-inul-laahi wa laa aqulu a - lamul-gayba wa laa aqulu lakum inni malak. In attabi-u illaa maa yuhhaa ilay. Qul hal yastaiwil-a-maal-wal-baseer? Afalaa tata-fak-karoon? Which means "Say ( O Mohammad): I asay not unto you (that) I possess the treasures of Allah, nor that I have knowledge of the Unseen (Gayba); and I say not unto you: Lo! I am an angle. I follow only that which is inspired in me. Say: Are you the blind man and seer equal? Will ye not then take thought?
"Aana Basharun Mislekum" That is I am a human just like you except that Allah has chosen me His Messenger to warn you." Sura Saad verse 70 "annamaa ana Nazirum-mubeen" I am only a plain Warner. That means my job is only to warn you - I have no other power then that.

Now examine the claims made of absolute authority by 51st and 52nd Dais as against Allah and the Prophet's authority, they don't just warn Bohras but impose harsh and inhuman punishments on persons defying their dictates.

3) Now let us examine what the books of our faith say about "Raza" and Nikah:
An incident is reported in the book Mukhtasarul-Aasaar that: Once the holy Prophet Mohammad Saheb heard the sound of band being played in the house of Abu Zurayak tribe. When he was informed that a marriage function was going on, he said, "Toady they have perfected their faith. This is Nikah not Sifah (debauchery)"

Further it is reported that whenever the holy Prophet was informed that so and so of his companions got married the Allah's messenger used to say, "His faith has been perfected."

The holy Prophet's this practices clearly establishes that for Nikah and Marriage "Raza" of even the Prophet was not required. Then where is the question of Imam's or Dai's or Amil's Raza? Giving references of these practices of holy Prophet of Islam in the second volume of Da'aim-al-Islam it is stated "Eza ukhra annaa ardan min ashaabehi tazawwuz....." which means, "After the marriage was over when the Prophet came to know......" That proves beyond any doubt that in the time of the holy Prophet the concept of Raza was unthinkable, because otherwise the Prophet would have definitely ordered his companions to take his Raza, permission before solemnizing any marriage.
It was late Syedna Taher Saifuddin Saheb who for the first time in Bohra history made his Raza compulsory before carrying on any religious or worldly matter. There was no such practice in the times of Dais prior to him.

Al Mahr (Dower): It is a gesture or free gift of goodwill for marriage. Quran says: And give into the woman whome ye marry free gift of their marriage portion (saduaqa). It can be any thing a piece of cloth or grain or money as token of validity of marriage.

Khutba: According to the practices of holy Prophet of Islam no words are fixed for Khutba. It is praising Allah according to one’s ability and asking his blessing.

anajmi

Re: Bohra Marriages And The Real Truth.

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:39 pm

Does anyone know the true method of Islamic Nikaah? Is an Amil or a Kazi actually required for a nikaah?

KhalifatulRahman

Unread post by KhalifatulRahman » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:13 am

you all are munafiq.....if u dont pee without raza mubarak of mufaddal, even your peeing is haraam....so how can u dare to get married without raza of mufaddal?

you shud take raza of mufaddal specially when u want to get closer to your wife, remember he see every thing, like a xray machine....this is why every bohra slave house have a photo of mufaddal....

you can run but cant hide from his eyes..... :D

he looks with special karam on air hostesses.....so start admitting your daughters to flying schools...might some zada will pick your daughter for marriage....

pheonix

Unread post by pheonix » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:40 am

KhalifatulRahman wrote:you all are munafiq.....if u dont pee without raza mubarak of mufaddal, even your peeing is haraam....so how can u dare to get married without raza of mufaddal?

you shud take raza of mufaddal specially when u want to get closer to your wife, remember he see every thing, like a xray machine....this is why every bohra slave house have a photo of mufaddal....

he looks with special karam on air hostesses.....so start admitting your daughters to flying schools...might some zada will pick your daughter for marriage....
Abay pehlay khalifay ki aulaad, be civil or I would certainly like to have a piece of your daughter.

KhalifatulRahman

Unread post by KhalifatulRahman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:03 am

pheonix wrote:
KhalifatulRahman wrote:you all are munafiq.....if u dont pee without raza mubarak of mufaddal, even your peeing is haraam....so how can u dare to get married without raza of mufaddal?

Abay pehlay khalifay ki aulaad, be civil or I would certainly like to have a piece of your daughter.
I am not married yet and I am not a dawoodi slave I am a dignified MAN, but I am sure zadas are already having piece of your daughter,mother and wife :wink:

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:45 am

Khalifa
With the last line in above post you are crossing the line of civility
B

KhalifatulRahman

Unread post by KhalifatulRahman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:59 pm

SBM wrote:Khalifa
With the last line in above post you are crossing the line of civility
B
do you slaves even know what is line of civility? if you knew, you would not let your women even go near these zadas.... : )

bingo

Unread post by bingo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:54 pm

After reading the comments by this khilafa guy, No sleep at night!! cant believe he can be so lame man!!
A healthy debate is appreciated but comments like these really breaks up the thread ban all these taporis or somebody sponsor him to a school!!

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:12 pm

KR what do you know about the Zadas and women ?

Disclose it if you know but taper your language ..this is a public forum.

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:03 pm

pheonix wrote: Abay pehlay khalifay ki aulaad, be civil or I would certainly like to have a piece of your daughter.
Phoenix Bhai
As a follower of our Shafiq Bawa TUS I am really ashemd you quoting the above line. Is this what we want to tell these progressies and Wahabis on this forum that this is what our Shafiq Bawa TUS teaches us. I have not seen this kind of language ever used by Adam Bhai and we should follow his example. What is going on in India with the tratement of woman and specially with rape, you should show some respect. I will applogoize to every one for your use of language and disrespecting our Maa-Bheno and Dikrio.
Do you belong to same category as those rapist in new Delhi? I hope not

KhalifatulRahman

Unread post by KhalifatulRahman » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:06 pm

bingo wrote:After reading the comments by this khilafa guy, No sleep at night!! cant believe he can be so lame man!!
A healthy debate is appreciated but comments like these really breaks up the thread ban all these taporis or somebody sponsor him to a school!!
yeah better leave sleep and wake up and fight for justice, hope my comments will bring some positive change in your slaves life....Ameen

bingo

Unread post by bingo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:57 am

yeah better leave sleep and wake up and fight for justice, hope my comments will bring some positive change in your slaves life....Ameen
I dont know khalifa guy, ur a maniac who wants to assume things!! so by posting sleazy comments would inculcate a positive change in my life. This is what you're made of? Oh well.........