Are Bohras safe in Pakistan?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
think

Are Bohras safe in Pakistan?

Unread post by think » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:18 pm

With the shia sunni strife in quetta; are bohri's who are shias safe?
moula asking mumineens to move to uganda, but is uganda safe.
at one time moula asked mumineen to move to Egypt. But Egypt has been declared a failed state. What is happening to the bohri's in cairo with their hardware dukaans. Any news?

Al Zulfiqar

Re: aere bohri's safe in Pakistan

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:41 pm

only one person can answer your questions. you know the procedure and drill quite well by now.

send in an arzi into hazrate aaliyah imamiyah qudsaniya burhaniyah, with a copy into hazrate aaliyah imamiyah qudsaniya kaderbhai muffaddaliya as well, accompanied by a sifarish from your jamaat amil and a fakhir najwa.

do not worry yourself with all these petty concerns. bewe mola are there to look after their momeneen farzando. as long as their dua's and benedictions are there, who can harm even one hair of an abde bohra mumeen?? bas maatam karta rehjo, fakher wajebaat rakam ataa karjo ane 2 rakat namaaz padhjo for bewe mola.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Haha ^^..
I'm not so shocked to hear about Uganda.. It has become safe in the sense of security, but it's mega corrupt, just like it's nabors.. even some European countries have stop giving them aid and even demanded back, the millions they've already received ..I'm guessing, Uganda is/was developing fast and is/was in need of hardware shops and whom else is better to run them, other than us (bohra) and the ismaili khoja..

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:30 pm

the eventual goal is for qaid (quid) johar to become the next idi amin of uganda. see, if enough abdes migrate there, prosper, control the economy and political power base, then sham elections can be held, blacks bribed, controlled and manipulated and voila! quid johnny can become the next tyrant of uganda. he is the perfect candidate for this endeavour, what with his past experience in udaipur, the sbut project of bhendi bazaar etc. with quid johnny established as a local despot, kothar can shift its dawat to entebbe and rule like the fatimid imams, thus justifying its extravagant and royal lifestyle and arrogance.

i do fancy the mixed breed of mulatto bohras with tight black curls, dreadlocks and dawat ni zabaan tinged with swahili accents and words that will result from this extremely satisfying turn of events!

who knows, we could then actually have a future dai with the name of syedna saifuddin odinga odinga arap moi.

Conscíous

Unread post by Conscíous » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:35 pm

LMAO Haha :mrgreen:

shapur

Unread post by shapur » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:32 am

Bro AZ has planned a rollicking sunday for the forum, I guess.

asad

Unread post by asad » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:48 am

every day people are being killed in sectarian violence in Pakistan, still Bohras are not learning to lie low and stop their Salgirah pomp and show.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/kt-article- ... ernational

shapur

Unread post by shapur » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:19 am

Yesterday's killing of Shias in Quetta is the latest ghastly madness perpetrated as yet another scene in one of the numerous acts scripted, plotted and executed by the conspiratorial axis aligned against the Muslim world. Neither words nor feelings can sufficiently guage the massive pain and suffering of the victims of these conspiracies. It is high time the central think-tank of the DB charted out a course to safeguard the community everywhere, here in particular.

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:49 am

shapur wrote:Yesterday's killing of Shias in Quetta is the latest ghastly madness perpetrated as yet another scene in one of the numerous acts scripted, plotted and executed by the conspiratorial axis aligned against the Muslim world. Neither words nor feelings can sufficiently guage the massive pain and suffering of the victims of these conspiracies. It is high time the central think-tank of the DB charted out a course to safeguard the community everywhere, here in particular.
Shapur sorry brother there is no external conspirator or motives...., Muslims like coping out of responsibility by blaming someone else the, attacks are carried out by extremists who are pure evil, breeding hate and intolerance by brainwashing their followers ...the gain of the chiefs of these extremist can be varied eg, die hard fanatics, power, relevance, money from donations others who are of similar agenda , crime, ...they know

Regarding Bohra addressing these issues , is quite a complex and difficult issue, bohras are unlikely to counter or defend against these attacks they do not stand a chance in force, funds or numbers, do not even try returning the violence it will spiral out f control...an option is to drop the differentiating identity like, clothing, topi and mixing with the public, open up to Suni the masjid, so they can protect us ,....but this will cause strategic issues because the rituals will be diluted and bohras could drift far from the dawat that the diai wants.

If I recall what Ahmadiya or Hindus, or Christians in Pakistan have undergone , it is unlikely and and f it gets worse the Boris may have o seek refuge in India or exile out of Pakistan . Sounds depressing but this is the worst case.

Unless Pakistan can stop national sectarian issues Bohras or any minority is in trouble...this could take decades.

The only fault that Kothar has to accept is they caused bohras to segregate and create a noticeable in dressing, social and beliefs minority. I hope they realise that STS agenda of foolishly thinking that creating a state within a state sounds nice to keep people as slaves but can also go wrong when it becomes a cult.

This is the time Shias unite to form the numbers so the government can feel threatened as this would create a political block.

think

Unread post by think » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:40 pm

by mixing with the other shia 's the kothar's grip on their slaves will definitely weaken. how can they tolerate to let go a milking cow?

AMAFHH

Unread post by AMAFHH » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Why are the Pakistani Bohra shia's not protesting with the other community as they too are suffering ?
Kothar and Syedna Should tell all the Aamil to atleast say a few words about the Martyr's and the Shia Genocide going on around the world , after knowing everything these Kothari Zaada's & the Syedna doesn't even want to say anything about the Shia Genocide , then why the Matam and Majalis of Imam hussain is done for the whole year if they cannot open their mouth for the oppressed ?

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:03 pm

AMAFHH wrote:
after knowing everything these Kothari Zaada's & the Syedna doesn't even want to say anything about the Shia Genocide ,?
amafhh,

why should syedna and his pilla's comment anything about genocide of other shia's? we do not have anything in common with all other muslims, whether sunni or other shia sects. dont you know that we are unique, we are different? all the others are destined for hell, they are all kafirs and munafekeen, we are the only ones whose rooms (with attached toilets and 3 times thaal nu jaman + cha ane nashto) are reserved in jannat's musafirkhana.

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:00 am

ghabrah ke log ye kehte hay ki mar jayege,
Gar mar ke bhi chain na pada to kidhar jayege?

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:44 am

Khaufnaak hai haalat aaj qaum ki , dekho
Kamzarf rehbar ko ab nikaal phenko.
Zaalim hai,sharaabi hai,soodkhor he saarey
Is qaum ko noorani,wallah, Allah hi bachaaye.

AMAFHH

Unread post by AMAFHH » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:18 am

I request all my friends on this Forum to speak out about the Shia Genocide , Please we are also the Shia of Rasulallah and his progeny and the smallest thing we can do is to let our family members our friends know about the Genocide , i spoke to many Bohra's and none of them even knew that there is Shia Target killing going on
The kothari's & Syedna will have to give an Answer to Allah at the day of Judgement for misguiding the Community

AMAFHH

Unread post by AMAFHH » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:28 am

this below is for the Kothari's & Syedna

Ishq Qatil Se Bhi, Maqtool se Hamdardi Bhi
Ye bata Kis se mohabbat ki Jaza Mangoge ?

Sajdaa Khaliq ko bhi, Iblees se yarana bhi,
Hashrr mein kis se aqeedat ka sila Mangoge ?

(Iqbal)

think

Unread post by think » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:54 pm

Bohras are a meek culture and so is their leader. when there was a bomb blast in Valika created hyderi, in Karachi, Muffi was right there in karachi and instead of taking care of his mumineen who shower him with ziafats and monies, he weaseled out of karachi as soon as he could to Columbo. The pictures also show him accepting najwa and ziafat from a clean shaven sheikh of columbo. such is the hypocrisy.
sajda khuda ko bhi aur iblis se bhi yaari.

canadian

Unread post by canadian » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:01 pm

think wrote: The pictures also show him accepting najwa and ziafat from a clean shaven sheikh of columbo. such is the hypocrisy.
sajda khuda ko bhi aur iblis se bhi yaari.
Sorry to divert the subject. I have never had a beard, do not wear topi except when I go to masjid, do not own a saya or ijaar. I am also sometimes told that my topi is not approved!
Does lack of these things make me less of a Bohra or a Muslim?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:28 pm

less of a bohra?? I don't know.

Less of a muslim?? Probably. But, you first need to know what a Muslim is supposed to be, then and only then will you know whether doing or not doing something makes you less of a muslim or not. Let me give you an example. Allah says in the Quran that a Muslim is one who accepts Islam as his deen. Which in turn means, belief in Allah as the supreme being, belief in the Mohammed (saw) as his prophet and belief in the Quran to be the word of Allah. If you do, then you are a muslim. Now, in the Quran, Allah says, obey Allah and obey his prophet (saw). The prophet (saw) has said, "grow your beards and trim your mustaches". Now, if you claim that you have never kept a beard, does that mean that you have chosen to disobey the prophet (saw)? Does that mean that you are less of a muslim? You can figure it out.

But, if you do not believe in Allah or the Quran to be the word of Allah, then not keeping a beard doesn't make you less Muslim as you are not Muslim in the first place.

The final point, the best muslim is the prophet (saw). We are all less Muslims than he was. We just need to figure out how much less are we ok with.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:55 pm

canadian wrote:
I go to masjid, do not own a saya or ijaar. I am also sometimes told that my topi is not approved!
OMG!! you go to masjid without a hijaar???!!! even your topi is not approved????

shocking as all your indiscretions maybe, all is not yet lost, my friend. if you approach kaderbhai mansoos directly and do a tagda salam (aka fakhir najwa) of a couple of crores, far from being less of a bohra, you will be viewed upon as more bohra than 99% of the hoi-polloi (as defined by kaka akela).

even the fact that you are not wearing a hijaar below your kurta and your naked, sturdy, erotic canadian legs are on open view, will be condoned. i will not be surprised if kaderbhai mansoos actually breaks out into an appreciative sher: "aapki taange dekhi, bahut haseen thi, inhe mawaid mein mat rakhiyega, maili ho jaayegi..."

think

Unread post by think » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:20 pm

canadian; clothes do not make you a bohri or muslim .It is your faith and with your faith your deeds. growing a beard is the sunnah of the rasool it is not a hard and fast rule but the bohri mulla enforces it as such. what is the purpose of wearing izzar and topi when you know that your amil who wears a spotless starched ijjar and topi is a number one con artist who sweetly wants all your money.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:08 pm

think wrote: what is the purpose of wearing izzar and topi when you know that your amil who wears a spotless starched ijjar and topi is a number one con artist who sweetly wants all your money.
think,

that was an excellent point! bravo!!

i have taken your advice to heart and now have decided to join brother canadian in henceforward going to the masjid/markaz without hizaar and topi.

thanks a million!

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:27 pm

Al Zulfiqar wrote:
think wrote: what is the purpose of wearing izzar and topi when you know that your amil who wears a spotless starched ijjar and topi is a number one con artist who sweetly wants all your money.
think,

that was an excellent point! bravo!!

i have taken your advice to heart and now have decided to join brother canadian in henceforward going to the masjid/markaz without hizaar and topi.

thanks a million!
Careful that you only get a pat on the shoulder if dressed without an ijaar ...now a days cannot trust anyone especially talking of hands being so flexible :shock:

Fateh

Unread post by Fateh » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:55 pm

Al Zulfiqar wrote:
AMAFHH wrote:
after knowing everything these Kothari Zaada's & the Syedna doesn't even want to say anything about the Shia Genocide ,?
amafhh,

why should syedna and his pilla's comment anything about genocide of other shia's? we do not have anything in common with all other muslims, whether sunni or other shia sects. dont you know that we are unique, we are different? all the others are destined for hell, they are all kafirs and munafekeen, we are the only ones whose rooms (with attached toilets and 3 times thaal nu jaman + cha ane nashto) are reserved in jannat's musafirkhana.
Yes they will definitely take action if any member of syedana family will shot down in this genocide take place any where in world.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:57 pm

The meaning of violence

Propagating or eulogising terrorists or acts of terror as heroic is usually a product of populist apologists. They then proceed to inflict more harm to society than the terrorists.

This kind of callousness is at least one of the reasons behind many an impressionable mind convincing itself to have found some sort of identity and meaning in life. Even if it is in the shape of a violent act passionately justified to be an episode of true faith.

Many of us have wondered what makes a perfectly normal looking person take a life (or lives) and sometimes his own. Secure in a rather convoluted and perverse knowledge that his act is sure to place him in the good books of the Almighty or find him pleasurably loitering in the gardens of paradise.

Sociologists, psychologists and political scientists have often come up with various explanations. Some suggest that bad economics is to be blamed for some young people desperate enough to be exploited by the violent patrons of faith to go on a killing spree for money as well as God.

But then there are also those who remind us that if it was all about economics, how would one explain acts of faith-driven terror undertaken by young men and women from well-to-do middle-class families?

Faisal Shahzad, Omar Sheikh, the 7/7 bombers in the UK, all of these men came from educated, urban and middle-class Pakistani families. In such cases it is believed that the mad urge to kill in the name of faith transcends economics and becomes a blatant example of a time honoured theory.

This theory, found in various Marxist and left-liberal philosophies, suggests that throughout history religion has been the most easily exploited element for those desiring to gain political and social power, easy money and/or worse of all, unleash a spree of bloodletting on the bases of religious bigotry and fanaticism (for gains and aims that are largely cynical).

All these theories have merit. However, what gets missed in this context is the role played by those non-violent men and women in politics, media and the academia who actually end up somewhat justifying (if not entirely applauding) certain violent acts of men they believe are a product of bad economics, injustice and some kind of a noble war.

Such people who can emerge from both the right as well as left sides of the conventional ideological divide are usually called apologists.

Of course, when one accuses them of this, many of them lash back with their own handy terms: Liberal fascist; anti-religion; et al.

Funny thing is that when pressed to describe a person who has no qualms about strapping a suicide belt around his waist and then blow himself up (in the name of God) in a crowded mosque, a Sufi shrine or a congested market buzzing with men, women and children, the apologists would strike a pose of the unbiased and objective thinker to suggest: ‘You see, one man’s terrorist can be another man’s freedom fighter.’

That’s why what needs to be looked at and studied is the impact apologists in politics, media and the academia are having on a society quivering under the weight of unabashed terrorism taking place in the name of God and sects.

Yes, bad economics and the vulnerability of religion to be exploited in the most violent manner is making many Pakistanis sully the idea of the Almighty by committing unabashed acts of terror in His name.

But maybe such misguided and deluded souls are also finding a justification of their madness from those who refuse to call them terrorists, or explain their mutant ideas of heroism, faith and glory as a reflection of some noble anti-imperialist and anti-establishmentarian cause.

Back in the late 1970s and just before a revolution toppled the all-powerful Shah of Iran, segments supporting Iranian spiritual leader, Ayatollah Khomeini, began finding the act of torching cinemas a rather satisfying and pleasing act.

Hundreds of cinemas were torched in Iran between 1978 and 1979, but only when there were no crowds inside the cinema halls.

Iranian intellectuals and leaders who were supporting the anti-Shah clergy under Khomeini (who was in exile in Paris), instead of condemning the act of burning down public property, explained it as an attack on the symbols of the Shah’s regime.

Hosien Takbali, a young drug addict from the Iranian city of Abadan, was buying and selling drugs on the streets of his hometown when his family and friends intervened and convinced him to travel to Isfahan and get admitted to a drug detox centre there. He did just that. The revolution against the Shah was intensifying when young Takbali was in recovery.

Since this was also a time in Iran when religious as well as leftist ideas were enthusiastically being absorbed by the country’s middle and lower middle classes, Takbali was encouraged by three other young men whom he had befriended in Isfahan, to supplement his recovery with the study of faith.

When Takbali returned to Abadan, he came back as a man who had kicked his addiction and had become pious.

Nevertheless, he retained his love of movies, but unfortunately, these were days when cinemas were going up in flames in Iran.

In August 1978, his three new friends visited him at his home. They came with an issue of a British newspaper in which a few members of the clergy were quoted as saying that cinemas were a way to distract Iranians and make them ignore their religious duties.

Takbali’s friends informed him that inspired by the way the clergy was explaining the torching of cinemas, they too have decided to set a cinema on fire.

‘Everybody is burning down cinemas,’ one of his friends said. ‘But we’ll do it in a way that will make us genuine revolutionary heroes.’

This meant burning down a cinema while it was screening a film and was packed with people.

The young men all bought tickets to an Iranian film called The Deer, at one of Abadan’s oldest cinemas, Rex. The hall was packed with men, women and children when Takbali and friends poured kerosene oil inside the hall and set it on fire. Over 350 people died and were turned into ash. Only a few people survived, including Takbali.

The incident is still considered to be one the most horrific acts of violence and murder that took place during the turbulent years of the Iranian Revolution.

Of course, the apologists who were praising acts of burning down cinemas previosuly, now changed track. Fearing a backlash, they began accusing ‘agents of the Shah regime’ for torching Rex.

A year after the imposition of Iran’s post-Shah Islamic government, some Iranians demanded an inquiry into the Rex tragedy.

Takbali, who was expecting to be hailed as a hero of the Islamic Revolution was arrested and accused of being an agent of the old Shah regime. He was hanged.

The apologists hailed the hanging as a great act of Iran’s Islamic justice.

rang

Unread post by rang » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:12 am

It is a matter of shame for Bohra Community. I still remember the Hydari Blast for which I was the Witness just immediately after 2nd Blast. All Muslim Brothers irrespective of any Cast ran towards the Bohra Mohallah to help their Brothers in need. I saw them lifting dead bodies and injured and placing them in the Ambulance which were around 30 in numbers, but unfortunately Burhani Ambulance was not to be found amongst them. Those non Bohras didn’t even thought for a minute why? They are helping these community peoples who always cursing them and sends laanat on them in their MAsjid. For 3 days and night the Shias of Quetta were on sit on protest under the open sky with 94 dead bodies, and many bodies of small children were packed in shopping Bags as it was torn into pieces. WE …Bohras.. Didn’t protest even when our Brothers died and the killing still continue as just last week 2 Bohras shot dead at Gulbahar Karachi. How can we expect our leaders to join other Muslim Shias in the Protest?

AMAFHH

Unread post by AMAFHH » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:14 am

rang wrote:It is a matter of shame for Bohra Community. I still remember the Hydari Blast for which I was the Witness just immediately after 2nd Blast. All Muslim Brothers irrespective of any Cast ran towards the Bohra Mohallah to help their Brothers in need. I saw them lifting dead bodies and injured and placing them in the Ambulance which were around 30 in numbers, but unfortunately Burhani Ambulance was not to be found amongst them. Those non Bohras didn’t even thought for a minute why? They are helping these community peoples who always cursing them and sends laanat on them in their MAsjid. For 3 days and night the Shias of Quetta were on sit on protest under the open sky with 94 dead bodies, and many bodies of small children were packed in shopping Bags as it was torn into pieces. WE …Bohras.. Didn’t protest even when our Brothers died and the killing still continue as just last week 2 Bohras shot dead at Gulbahar Karachi. How can we expect our leaders to join other Muslim Shias in the Protest?
Rang,
you are correct i can understand by the Abde Bohri's double standard , no Aamil with its jamaat may have attended the protest nor they have encouraged the other people to do so they Just want to attend the Drama of Muzakiraat , and before a couple of days was again the same situation . I don't know where does the Syedna wants to take this community by not letting the people understand about the true spirit of Islam and the Message of Imam Hussein

think

Unread post by think » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:48 pm

there is so much money craziness and proudness that even rich bohri's look down at poor bohri's . The bohri;s are least concerned about the day today killings in Pakistan. for the bohri it is only dukaan, make money and moula moula.

think

Unread post by think » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:53 pm

the more the destruction the richer the bohri hardware merchant gets. The more glass is damaged the more money the glass merchant makes. the bohris are happy because they can afford two mithas two kharas while the common man is strugling.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:59 pm

Time for Shias to leave Pakistan

In such troubling times some Shias may have a choice. They may sit and wait for a messiah or relocate to a Shia-exclusive enclave elsewhere, or to escape from Pakistan altogether. It may sound harsh, but it is an inescapable truth that Pakistan has been run over by the extremists and life is going to be even tougher for the minorities and moderate Sunnis in the near future.

Space is fast running out in Shia graveyards in Quetta. It may be the time for Shias to relocate to protect their next generation.

Shias and other religious minorities are the most targeted in Pakistan. No city is safe anymore. The past few weeks saw the targeted killing of Shia lawyers, doctors, and other professionals in Peshawar. Shia legislators were shot dead in Pakistan’s largest city, Karachi. While the State is struggling to suppress violence against Shias, the deep-rooted support for militants in society and the inadequate judicial system in Pakistan has created the situation where hardly any terrorist has been convicted of sectarian or other terrorism in Pakistan. In the past few years, several known militants have been set free by the courts because of the archaic judicial system that is incapable of convicting those involved in the modern-day guerilla warfare.

Some, not all, Shias have a choice. They can abandon the death traps in Quetta and Peshawar by relocating to the Shia majority areas in Karachi, Lahore, and other cities. A better option is to plead with the embassies in Islamabad for asylum for the Shia, especially the Hazara, youth.

Seeking asylum abroad may not win the approval of Pakistan’s superior courts, who have recently mocked those who held dual citizenship. However, it is better to be alive in exile than to be splattered on a wall in Pakistan.

http://dawn.com/2013/02/17/time-for-shi ... -pakistan/