Asghar Ali Engineer sahab passes away

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
anajmi
Posts: 13417
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:01 am

Re: Asghar Ali Engineer sahab passes away

#181

Unread post by anajmi » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:48 am

seeker,

Thank you for displaying your stupidity one more time. I am sure people with double digit IQs will get what I was saying above!!

Al Zulfiqar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:01 am

Re: Asghar Ali Engineer sahab passes away

#182

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:51 pm

i am sure if we keep addressing abde*&^$% in the same vein, he is soon going to bust a cranial capillary and end up either in hospital with an aneurysm or in the hereafter with his mola's ruku chitthi!

his every successive post shows him getting gradually pushed to the edge of insanity. his eyes are bulging from his sockets, the veins in his neck are throbbing and his skin is dangerously flushed, all signs of an impending coronary. i for one, do not want to be the cause of his miserable end and have it on my conscience, but i will gladly support malekul maut in his efforts.

AbdeSMBSMS
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:38 am

Re: Asghar Ali Engineer sahab passes away

#183

Unread post by AbdeSMBSMS » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:29 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:i am sure if we keep addressing abde*&^$% in the same vein, he is soon going to bust a cranial capillary and end up either in hospital with an aneurysm or in the hereafter with his mola's ruku chitthi!

his every successive post shows him getting gradually pushed to the edge of insanity. his eyes are bulging from his sockets, the veins in his neck are throbbing and his skin is dangerously flushed, all signs of an impending coronary. i for one, do not want to be the cause of his miserable end and have it on my conscience, but i will gladly support malekul maut in his efforts.
Each of Your previous barfed on this forum indicated your increasing level of your insanity. This puke of yours has reached the maximum height of your lunatic & now do one thing admit yourself in a mental asylum.
The above bullshit of yours really made me laugh becoz it points towards 2 things, firstly you have dropped the weapon against me & secondly you have proved how erratic you are.
But though it wud be my pleasure if you continue your barking becoz if dogs like you will stop barking than it wud be difficult for abdes on this forum as we abdes have many different type of stones ( quotes ) to throw on you all. :D

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Asghar Ali Engineer sahab passes away

#184

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon May 26, 2014 4:55 pm

A Tribute Volume for Dr.Asghar Ali Engineer

Striving for Peace and Harmony

Editors Ram Puniyani, Irfan Engineer

Published By: Bhashya Prakashan


Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer has been a major champion of human rights in recent times. His area of work spanned from the struggle for reform in Bohra Community, investigations and analysis of communal violence, striving for communal amity and interpretation of Islam. In all these major areas his contributions have been immense. He was a scholar activist who contributed in a prolific manner on all these topics, his contributions are a major landmark in these areas of activism and scholarship. During the process he was instrumental in forming various organization, including Centre for Study of Society and Secularism, of which he was the founding chairman. He authored and edited over 70 books. He is recipient of innumerable awards for his work; the major one’s being the National Communal Award and the Right Livelihood Award (Alternate Nobel Prize) in 1997 and 2004 respectively.

This volume is a compilation of tributes written by his close friends, associates and those admiring his work and captures facets of his commitment, dedication and striving for the causes he espoused. Many of the articles do capture the modest, humane, and extremely friendly nature of Dr. Engineer.

Contributors:

Ram Puniyani, Irfan Engineer, Vinod Mubayi, Harsh Mander, Hilal Ahmed, Uday Mehta, Shaukat Ajmeri, Javed Anand, Dr. Ranu Jain. Prof. M.Hasan, Dr.Ishtiaq Ahmed, Zakia Soman, L.S. Hardenia, Anand Patwardhan, Sumanto Al Qurtuby,Jyoti Punwani, Swami Agnivesh, azher Hussain, Meena Menon, Qutub Jahan, Syed Ali Mujtaba, Pritam K. Rohila, Zahir Janmohamed, Maqbool Ahmed Siraj, Seema Chisti, Zarina Patel, Asad Bin Saif, Farzana Versey, Ramu Ramanathan and Neha Dabhade.

Ram Puniyani

Author, activist, recipient of the National Communal Harmony Award, has written and edited several books on the issues related to the threat of communal politics and the politics behind the phenomenon of terrorist violence.

Irfan Engineer

A human rights activist, Director of Centre for Study of Society and Secularism, is a profile writer on the issues of communal violence, rights or religious minorities, and communal harmony.

For copies contact

Bhashya Prakashan

Mahesh Bhartiya B-1/002, Loknisarg CHS Ltd., B.R. Road, Vaishali Nagar, Mulund (W), Mumbai:- 400 080.

Mob: 9892618422

E-mail: 168southavenue@gmail.com

Books Available on: www.Amazon.in
http://www.amazon.in/Tribute-Asghar-Eng ... nd+harmony

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Asghar Ali Engineer sahab passes away

#185

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:07 pm

We have great pleasure in inviting you for the 3rd Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer Memorial lecture, which would be delivered by Mr.Wajahat Habibullah, former Chairman of National Commission for Minorities on 6th September 2014 at 3.p.m.

Dr.S.Parasuraman, Hon. Director, the Tata institute of Social Science will Chair the function.

The memorial lecture has been jointly organised by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences and the Centre for Study of Society and Secularism.

Topic: “Islam in India – Challenge or Promise”

Venue: Library Conference Hall, Tata Institute of Science (Main Campus), Deonar,Sion-Trombay Road., Mumbai

Time: 3.00 p.m. sharp

RSVP:

Prof.Parthasarathi Mondal
Chairperson
Centre for Social Theory
School of Development Studies
Tata Institute of Social Sciences
P.B. 8313, Deonar
Sion-Trombay Road
Mumbai 400 088
Tel: 022-25525325
Cell: 09869426997

Ms.Ridhima Sharma
Research Fellow
Centre for Study of Society and Secularism
602 & 603, New Silver Star,
Behind BEST Bus Depot,
Santacruz (E)
Mumbai: - 400 055.

E-mail: csss.mumbai@gmail.com

csss@mtnl.net.in, csss2work@gmail.com

Ph.022-26149668, 26135098

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Asghar Ali Engineer sahab passes away

#186

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon May 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Dear All,

We look forward to having many of you amidst us for the 4th Dr Asghar Ali Engineer Memorial Lecture on May 14. The lecture titled "Contemporary Challenges to Freedom of Religion in India", promises to be a highly interesting and stimulating one and will be followed by a discussion session. Here is a brief note outlining the contents of the lecture to be delivered by Prof (Dr) Faizan Mustafa:

The lecture is on Freedom of Religion in India- Contemporary Challenges. It would cover freedom of religion in Islam. The issue of religion-state relationship in the context of secularism, its meaning, history and adoption in India would be discussed next. What kinds of debates took place in the Constituent Assembly would be the next issue to be examined.
Thereafter constitutional guarantee of freedom of religion would be critically examined. How Indian judiciary has restricted this guarantee through what may be called an “essentiality test” would be discussed at length. How this test was used by the courts to decide purely religious questions would be the other area to be covered in the lecture. We would also examine the debate on religious conversions and the issue of constitutionality of anti-conversion laws. Finally issue of cow slaughter in the context of freedom of religion would be discussed.

Looking forward to meeting you all. Please find attached the invitation and event details.

Team CSSS

alivasan
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:28 am

Re: Asghar Ali Engineer sahab passes away

#187

Unread post by alivasan » Wed May 13, 2015 10:36 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:Dear All,

We look forward to having many of you amidst us for the 4th Dr Asghar Ali Engineer Memorial Lecture on May 14. The lecture titled "Contemporary Challenges to Freedom of Religion in India", promises to be a highly interesting and stimulating one and will be followed by a discussion session. Here is a brief note outlining the contents of the lecture to be delivered by Prof (Dr) Faizan Mustafa:

The lecture is on Freedom of Religion in India- Contemporary Challenges. It would cover freedom of religion in Islam. The issue of religion-state relationship in the context of secularism, its meaning, history and adoption in India would be discussed next. What kinds of debates took place in the Constituent Assembly would be the next issue to be examined.
Thereafter constitutional guarantee of freedom of religion would be critically examined. How Indian judiciary has restricted this guarantee through what may be called an “essentiality test” would be discussed at length. How this test was used by the courts to decide purely religious questions would be the other area to be covered in the lecture. We would also examine the debate on religious conversions and the issue of constitutionality of anti-conversion laws. Finally issue of cow slaughter in the context of freedom of religion would be discussed.

Looking forward to meeting you all. Please find attached the invitation and event details.

Team CSSS
GM Bhai,

Sorry, but don't see the invite, please post the invite and/or PM me the venue of event. Best Regards.

system5
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:10 am

Re: Asghar Ali Engineer sahab passes away

#188

Unread post by system5 » Thu May 14, 2015 6:24 am

GM bhai,
I too need to know when are the schedule and dates of these lecture by Dr. Faizan Mustafa. regards

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Asghar Ali Engineer sahab passes away

#189

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri May 15, 2015 6:01 pm

Image

Image

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Asghar Ali Engineer sahab passes away

#190

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:07 pm

We are Happy to announce Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer Memorial Lecture to be held in Delhi in Collaboration with Jamia Millia Islamia University

The Lecture will be Delivered by Prof. Romila Thapar, well-known historian and Academician

The title of her Lecture will be "*Indian Society and the Secular*"

Date: Wednesday, 19th August, from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm

Venue: Edward Said Hall, Administrative Block, Near Vice Chancellor's Office, Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi

All are invited.

With Warm Regards,
--
Adv. Irfan Engineer

Director,
Centre for Study of Society and Secularism
603, New Silver Star, Near Railway Bridge, Prabhat Colony Road,, Santacruz (E), Mumbai, India. PIN: 400055.

Call: +91-22-26149668 | M: +91-9869462833, +919820553173 | Fax: +91-22-6100712

e-mail: forirf@gmail.com; irfanengi@gmail.com; csss@mtnl.net.in
skype: irfanen | Website <http://csss-isla.com/> | Blog
<http://ipscr.wordpress.com>
<http://ipscr.org/>

Reporter
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:34 am

Re: Asghar Ali Engineer sahab passes away

#191

Unread post by Reporter » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:57 am

5th Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer Memorial Lecture

JamiaMilliaIslamia and Centre for Study of Society & Secularism

cordially invite you to the

5th Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer Memorial Lecture

“INDIAN SOCIETY AND THE SECULAR” by

Prof. Romila Thapar
(Historian and Academician)

Chair:
Dr. Talat Ahmed
(Vice Chancellor, Jamia Millia Islamia)

Date: Wednesday, 19th August 2015
Time: 11 am to 1 pm
Venue: Edward Said Hall, Administrative Block,
Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi

Prof. Romila Thapar, one of the world’s leading experts on the history of early India, is currently Professor Emeritus in History at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Prof. Romila Thapar is also an Honorary Fellow of Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford and has been Visiting Professor at Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania as well as the Collège de France in Paris. She was awarded the prestigious Kluge Award For Lifetime Achievement in the Study of Humanity in 2008. Her immense contribution to the study of early India has been internationally recognised, and she has received honorary degrees from universities across the world. She is the author of Asoka and the Decline of the Mauryas (1961), A History of India (1966), Ancient Indian Social History: Some Interpretations (1978) among many other of her well known works.

Dr.Talat Ahmed, Vice Chancellor, Jamia Millia Islamia and noted Earth Scientist, began his career with the Geological Survey of India and worked for two decades as a scientist with Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Dehradun. He is the recipient of several prestigious fellowships in the field of Sciences, has over 65 research publications to his credit, and has the exceptional distinction of being a Fellow of all the Science Academies of the country.

RSVP:
Prof. (Dr.) Mohammed BadrulAlam,
Department of Political Science, Jamia Millia Islamia
Jamia Nagar, New Delhi, India. Pin: 110025

or

Centre for Study of Society and Secularism
603, New Silver Star, Near Railway Bridge, Prabhat Colony Road,
Santacruz (E), Mumbai, India. Pin: 400055
Phone: +91-22-26149668. Fax: +91-22-6100712
Email: csss.mumbai@gmail.com

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Asghar Ali Engineer sahab passes away

#192

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Reporter wrote:5th Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer Memorial Lecture

JamiaMilliaIslamia and Centre for Study of Society & Secularism

cordially invite you to the

5th Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer Memorial Lecture

“INDIAN SOCIETY AND THE SECULAR” by

Prof. Romila Thapar
(Historian and Academician)

Chair:
Dr. Talat Ahmed
(Vice Chancellor, Jamia Millia Islamia)

Date: Wednesday, 19th August 2015
Time: 11 am to 1 pm
Venue: Edward Said Hall, Administrative Block,
Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi

Prof. Romila Thapar, one of the world’s leading experts on the history of early India, is currently Professor Emeritus in History at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Prof. Romila Thapar is also an Honorary Fellow of Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford and has been Visiting Professor at Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania as well as the Collège de France in Paris. She was awarded the prestigious Kluge Award For Lifetime Achievement in the Study of Humanity in 2008. Her immense contribution to the study of early India has been internationally recognised, and she has received honorary degrees from universities across the world. She is the author of Asoka and the Decline of the Mauryas (1961), A History of India (1966), Ancient Indian Social History: Some Interpretations (1978) among many other of her well known works.

Dr.Talat Ahmed, Vice Chancellor, Jamia Millia Islamia and noted Earth Scientist, began his career with the Geological Survey of India and worked for two decades as a scientist with Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Dehradun. He is the recipient of several prestigious fellowships in the field of Sciences, has over 65 research publications to his credit, and has the exceptional distinction of being a Fellow of all the Science Academies of the country.

RSVP:
Prof. (Dr.) Mohammed BadrulAlam,
Department of Political Science, Jamia Millia Islamia
Jamia Nagar, New Delhi, India. Pin: 110025

or

Centre for Study of Society and Secularism
603, New Silver Star, Near Railway Bridge, Prabhat Colony Road,
Santacruz (E), Mumbai, India. Pin: 400055
Phone: +91-22-26149668. Fax: +91-22-6100712
Email: csss.mumbai@gmail.com
Full Audio: Lecture by Romila Thapar on ’Indian Society and the Secular’

Audio recording of the lecture by Professor Romila Thapar on ’Indian Society and the Secular’ 5th Asghar Ali Engineer Memorial Lecture (New Delhi @ Jamia on 19 August 2015)

http://www.sacw.net/article11529.html

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Asghar Ali Engineer sahab passes away

#193

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:07 pm

RSVP to Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer Memorial Lecture by Dr. Dietrich Reetz, Delhi.

Event Address: India-Arab Cultural Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.

DATE: 13TH OCTOBER 2016

TIMING: 11 AM - 1 PM


https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... A/viewform