Why there is no Dawoodi Bohra History available ??

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Kaka Akela

Why there is no Dawoodi Bohra History available ??

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:58 pm

I can understand if there is no translation of Quran according to the Dawoodi Bohra religion as Taweel gets involved in it which they want to keep secret and that way they can interpret any ayat 10 different ways to suit their theme of the waez. But there are more in the religion of Islam for us to know, i.e, the history of Rasulullah(SA), the history of Ali(SA) and the history of Imams and Doats. We have risalas of doat that may contain tidbits of history in Arabic and other books in Arabic with a lot of info in it. With 3 Jameas running now why not any Jamea graduate translated them into lisan e dawat or even in English. Jamea 11th grade students write thesis and it is all about the current or previous dai and their accomplishments, female students write thesis on how to arrange a ziafat of the dai, bohra dishes and recipoes, rida cutting & sewing. The knowledge of the holloi polloi (common bohras) is only limited to the two dais, even Madrassa student do not know the name of Rasulullah (SA)'s father or mother or any other details of anyone else except all the details of the two dais. While surfing the Net I found a good book on the history of Rasulullah (SA)
http://mohammad.islamway.net/ , it is about 176 page and easy to read, but not in line with the Bohra thought/teaching but still it gives a lot more info than I have ever seen given out in Madrassas or any other DB books or magazines. If other people find other books that are meaningful for us to gain knowledge on Islam in general or leaders of Islam please post the website here for everyone's benefit. Thanks

Bohra spring

Re: Why there is no Dawoodi Bohra History available ??

Unread post by Bohra spring » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:16 pm

KA aap kem a socho ...

Translating Quran is the end of Bohra ideology we know it! Now imagine if 100s of thousand bohras can comprehend in their own language and thought medium Islamic rules...where will it leave the mystery of sabaqs, Amil raza, arzi...

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Kaka Akela wrote:The knowledge of the holloi polloi (common bohras) is only limited to the two dais, even Madrassa student do not know the name of Rasulullah (SA)'s father or mother or any other details of anyone else except all the details of the two dais.
The present day Bohraism is more aptly called a 'Cult' for the above reasons. The focal point is the Dai and nobody else. After the 52nd Dai dies it wont be surprising if one sees a 10 day vayez every year on his death anniversary glorifying him with all the staged mojizas and slowly the Mohurrum vayez will be insignificant for Bohras.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:52 pm

After the 52nd Dai dies it wont be surprising
What's matter wtih you Br GM. 52nd will never die, do not you hear Ta Qiyamaat Jivo. And never say 52 will die because if does, then it will be Qayamat for all the Abdes and hence the end of Abde world.......

badrijanab

Unread post by badrijanab » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:03 pm

Kaka Akela wrote:I can understand if there is no translation of Quran according to the Dawoodi Bohra religion as Taweel gets involved in it which they want to keep secret and that way they can interpret any ayat 10 different ways to suit their theme of the waez. But there are more in the religion of Islam for us to know, i.e, the history of Rasulullah(SA), the history of Ali(SA) and the history of Imams and Doats. We have risalas of doat that may contain tidbits of history in Arabic and other books in Arabic with a lot of info in it. With 3 Jameas running now why not any Jamea graduate translated them into lisan e dawat or even in English. Jamea 11th grade students write thesis and it is all about the current or previous dai and their accomplishments, female students write thesis on how to arrange a ziafat of the dai, bohra dishes and recipoes, rida cutting & sewing. The knowledge of the holloi polloi (common bohras) is only limited to the two dais, even Madrassa student do not know the name of Rasulullah (SA)'s father or mother or any other details of anyone else except all the details of the two dais. While surfing the Net I found a good book on the history of Rasulullah (SA)
http://mohammad.islamway.net/ , it is about 176 page and easy to read, but not in line with the Bohra thought/teaching but still it gives a lot more info than I have ever seen given out in Madrassas or any other DB books or magazines. If other people find other books that are meaningful for us to gain knowledge on Islam in general or leaders of Islam please post the website here for everyone's benefit. Thanks
"Ismaili Tafseer", translation cum commentary is available in four volume and approx 2000 pages, it covers almost all the important books and risalas of Dai's, Imams and Prophets. Same is also available in voice data. It is penned and voice by Sheikh Ahmed Ali Raj. Hundreds of other books including 'Tohfatul Quloob', 'Ikhwan us safa', etc too are available either in Urdu or in lisaan-a-Dawaat with Urdu font. If you are in Indore I can give you, otherwise you can get all of them in Malegaon or Udaipur Library.

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:13 pm

Dear Badrijanab:

I live near Houston, Texas and not in India. So how do I go about getting these books. I had been to India and Udaipur recently within a year and now I have no plans to go again very soon. Is the address for this shop available or handy with you so I can write to them and get them, specially I am interested in the 4 volumes of "Ismaili Tafseer"., Thanks