Necessity of Zabihats at Personal Occasions

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
humanbeing

Necessity of Zabihats at Personal Occasions

Unread post by humanbeing » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:40 am

Is it required in Islam, that ‘Qurbani’ must be done , specially when a new possession is acquired specially real estate, motor vehicle or any other assets ?

Is it also required ? that palms soaked in fresh blood of the ‘qurbani’ to be stamped at entrances of the property or on any other asset acquired ?

It is believed that, that palm blood marks keep the evil eye away from the asset acquired !

Comment please !

seeker110

Re: Necessity of Zabihats at Personal Occasions

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:36 am

Chalo bakre ki ma sae poochte hain.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:53 am

dont know about qurbani for new possessions, but in our bohra context, yes, qurbani of maximum no. of abdes has to be done whenever a new visit happens of a zarda or mola to your town.

the only differences being that 1. whereas the goats do not submit willingly, the abdes do, 2. whereas you dip your hand in the goats blood and stamp it outside your home, in our context the slaughtered abde hangs the photo of the executioner inside his home!

su bewe mola ni niraali shaan chhe! emna karam ane ehsaan beshumaar chhe... ya hussain.

hunni

Unread post by hunni » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:12 am

humanbeing wrote: Is it also required ? that palms soaked in fresh blood of the ‘qurbani’ to be stamped at entrances of the property or on any other asset acquired ?It is believed that, that palm blood marks keep the evil eye away from the asset acquired !
Comment please !
Hb,

I dont know the actual ruling on this, but what you mentioned above sounds very unscientific and superstitious.
The main reason why muslims eat Halal is to drain out all the blood from the body of the animal, as blood is the main cause of attracting bacteria and other diseases.

So making marks of blood sounds not only illogical but also adivasi kind.

badrijanab

Unread post by badrijanab » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:39 am

hunni wrote:
humanbeing wrote: Is it also required ? that palms soaked in fresh blood of the ‘qurbani’ to be stamped at entrances of the property or on any other asset acquired ?It is believed that, that palm blood marks keep the evil eye away from the asset acquired !
Comment please !
Hb,

I dont know the actual ruling on this, but what you mentioned above sounds very unscientific and superstitious.
The main reason why muslims eat Halal is to drain out all the blood from the body of the animal, as blood is the main cause of attracting bacteria and other diseases.

So making marks of blood sounds not only illogical but also adivasi kind.
Very well said.

@ Adam and @ Progticide - authentic Fatimi dawat ki books se Kothar ke above action ko justify kar sakte ho? Nahi kar sakte. Yeh sari Kothar ki biddat'en he.

mnoorani

Unread post by mnoorani » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:39 am

Aao suno momino biddatain kothar ki
Ilahil ardh ,Kaaba haqiqi, naash kardi sunnat rasool ki.
Banda parast banadiya qaum ko ,tauheen ki tawheed ki
Jannat ke zaamin ka daawa,lekin aadatein yazeed ki.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:32 am

When I was an Abde Sayedna, I had purchased my motor vehicle and was advised to do Zabihat. I followed the advise and was told to soak my palms in the warm blood of the slaughtered goat. And stamp the “Panja” on my bike at several places (Headlight, Tank, Back Flaps)

I found the whole act, very disturbing, uncomfortable, superstitious and illogical. As I questioned the authenticity of this ritual I was told of the Evil Eye angle to which I found it to be very paganistic hindu based ideology.

Many bohra families do the same, when they purchase a new property, it looks garish and scary for an outsider to see peaceloving bohra playing with blood in this tantric fashion ! (junglee beard adds to the look)

Even on aqeeka, I have seen father dips a finger in the blood and puts a mark on the baby..

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:14 pm

humanbeing wrote:Even on aqeeka, I have seen father dips a finger in the blood and puts a mark on the baby..
This is an extension of the Hindu beliefs of which Bohras are the descendants, it is more like applying a sindoor or kumkum. I don't think any such thing was ever prevalent during the Prophet's or Ahle Bayt's times.
humanbeing wrote:And stamp the “Panja” on my bike at several places (Headlight, Tank, Back Flaps)
Hindus hang limboos and mirchi alongwith a black doll on the vehicle and Bohras smear blood.
humanbeing wrote:As I questioned the authenticity of this ritual I was told of the Evil Eye angle
Nothing can be more EVIL then Kothar's ever watchful "Evil" eye.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:17 pm

While on the subject, when the Dai was sick some years back, a whole lot of more then 200 Bakras were slaughtered in Burhanpur. He may have recovered temporarily at that time but is again sick, infact more sick then he ever was !

badrijanab

Unread post by badrijanab » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:08 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote: This is an extension of the Hindu beliefs of which Bohras are the descendants.
It seems you have forgotten all Sunnies/Sufies/Salafies/Wahabies are the descendants of Hindus BUT the difference between us and you is - The then intelligent (BUDHDHI JEEVI) Hindus (Kings, Parliamentarians, School teachers, high priests, etc) were intellectually convinced of Fatimi Dawat (Islam) and then on their own free will they got converted to Bohras (Islam).

Where else Sunnies! Tyrant like Aurangzeb, Ahmed Shah Abdali, Ghori, etc they acted against the established command of Quran (Lakum deenokum valaydeen) and by force & threat with their sword hanging on heads of Dalit Hindus they FORCED their conversion into Sunni (Abde 1/2/3).

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:03 pm

I have already said before that you are the biggest LIAR on this forum who is famous for presenting fake stories just to glorify your so called 'Prisitine' faith which has no place whatsoever in the real world. How many so called kings, parliamentarians or intellectuals got converted ? How many of them do you find in Bohras at present ? The handful of any who at all got converted in the past were small time kings who did this for political purposes. Whereas there are ample of evidences available to prove the number of real kings and intellectuals who not only converted to Islam by freewill in the past but continue to do so even today. How many conversions to Bohraism do you find now ? The fairytales that you narrate from "The chronicles of badrijanab" are excerpts from a so called encyclopedia which is written by bohras, attributed to bohras, verified and authenticated by bohras. None of your fairytales were ever researched by historians, scholars or archaelogists and verified by NEUTRAL sources.

Regarding dalits, I have mentioned this many times before that it is actually the majority of Bohras from Gujarat who were originally Dalits. The fairytale of "Sawa Mann" (1.25 quintals) Janoi (sacred thread of hindus) being removed years ago by some bohra priest is a laughable story with no authenticate historical proof which is doled out to gullible bohras in sabaks and vayez. This is just to falsely claim that Bohras were originally high cast brahmins. A sane person with even a little bit of commonsense will understand that even today Brahmins rule over the lower caste and exploit them no end, this is an everyday story of every village in India. Just imagine that when Brahmins are so dominant and a ruling class in this 21st century then how strong they must be 900 years ago. Where was the need for them to forego their absolute power which they enjoyed like kings and submit to an alien and unheard of sect ? The Dalit roots of Bohras can still be seen in the manner in which they prefer to live like slaves and untouchables when it comes to their masters, they are still a timid, exploited and brain washed lot like Dalits. Their DNA still speaks for themselves. The missionaries from Yemen who came in the past were exactly like what we see of Christian and Bahai missionaries of today. Just like Christians and Bahais, the Bohra missionaries targeted the down trodden, timid, exploited and discarded group of people who were treated like untouchables because they were the most gullible and easy targets.
Even the traditional dress of bohra women which is 'Ghagra blouse' is the one that Dalits have been wearing since ages.

The only few non-dalits who converted to Bohraism in the past were people from places like Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh, they too were not high class Brahmins but normal soldiers who fought for hindu kings. Hence they are the ones who do not succumb easily to the pressures of their masters even today and kothar faces resistance from them till date. Even in Rajasthan many were from the 'Bheel' and "Waaghri" community who too are lower caste hindus.

badrijanab

Unread post by badrijanab » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:16 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:I have already said before that you are the biggest LIAR on this forum who is famous for presenting fake stories just to glorify your so called 'Prisitine' faith which has no place whatsoever in the real world. How many so called kings, parliamentarians or intellectuals got converted ? How many of them do you find in Bohras at present ? The handful of any who at all got converted in the past were small time kings who did this for political purposes. Whereas there are ample of evidences available to prove the number of real kings and intellectuals who not only converted to Islam by freewill in the past but continue to do so even today. How many conversions to Bohraism do you find now ? The fairytales that you narrate from "The chronicles of badrijanab" are excerpts from a so called encyclopedia which is written by bohras, attributed to bohras, verified and authenticated by bohras. None of your fairytales were ever researched by historians, scholars or archaelogists and verified by NEUTRAL sources.

Regarding dalits, I have mentioned this many times before that it is actually the majority of Bohras from Gujarat who were originally Dalits. The fairytale of "Sawa Mann" (1.25 quintals) Janoi (sacred thread of hindus) being removed years ago by some bohra priest is a laughable story with no authenticate historical proof which is doled out to gullible bohras in sabaks and vayez. This is just to falsely claim that Bohras were originally high cast brahmins. A sane person with even a little bit of commonsense will understand that even today Brahmins rule over the lower caste and exploit them no end, this is an everyday story of every village in India. Just imagine that when Brahmins are so dominant and a ruling class in this 21st century then how strong they must be 900 years ago. Where was the need for them to forego their absolute power which they enjoyed like kings and submit to an alien and unheard of sect ? The Dalit roots of Bohras can still be seen in the manner in which they prefer to live like slaves and untouchables when it comes to their masters, they are still a timid, exploited and brain washed lot like Dalits. Their DNA still speaks for themselves. The missionaries from Yemen who came in the past were exactly like what we see of Christian and Bahai missionaries of today. Just like Christians and Bahais, the Bohra missionaries targeted the down trodden, timid, exploited and discarded group of people who were treated like untouchables because they were the most gullible and easy targets.
Even the traditional dress of bohra women which is 'Ghagra blouse' is the one that Dalits have been wearing since ages.

The only few non-dalits who converted to Bohraism in the past were people from places like Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh, they too were not high class Brahmins but normal soldiers who fought for hindu kings. Hence they are the ones who do not succumb easily to the pressures of their masters even today and kothar faces resistance from them till date. Even in Rajasthan many were from the 'Bheel' and "Waaghri" community who too are lower caste hindus.
Do Google search on tyranny by Ahmed Shah Abdali, Ghori, Aurangzeb, etc to learn how they forced and threaten with life to Hindus (most of them from Dalit) to convert them into Sunni's.

Now similarly do Google search about Bohras (Islam) - only with intellectual appeals (NO FORCE, NO THREATS) the then intelligent dignitaries converted into Bohras (Islam), most of them were from Brahmans especially Nagar Brahmans.

Chor think all others too are chors likewise GM whose anti-Bohra aqeedah is based on lies perceive all other are liars. Google search kare aur facts talash kare ("FORECEFULLY" term shamil kare apni search string me) aali janab GM sahib to sach kya he pata chal jayega.

You are IGNORANT about Bohras and their history. You are conditioned and programmed to be anti-Kothar but irrationally you become anti-Bohra. In last section of your previous post you mentioned about "Bheels" of Rajashtan - as I said you are ignorant about Bohras - u write only out of hatred for Bohras Shia - they were not Bheels but Rajpoot example Shaheed Dai-al-Balagh Molai wa Aaqa Fakhruddin a.q. in Galiyakot.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:28 pm

badrijanab wrote:Do Google search on tyranny by Ahmed Shah Abdali, Ghori, Aurangzeb, etc to learn how they forced and threaten with life to Hindus (most of them from Dalit) to convert them into Sunni's.
These two were not Dais or religious leaders nor were they infallibles, they were mere kings who ruled a country and like any other king even they could have made mistakes. BTW Prove from some authentic records by NEUTRAL historians, scholars or archaelogists that Aurangzeb killed Kutbuddin Shaheed. Don't give lengthy accounts from fairytales which are only written by Bohras, heard by Bohras, verified by Bohras and authenticated by Bohras alone. I would like to add that Iam not a fan of Aurangzeb because according to me he was like any other king and nothing else, Iam only asking this out of academic interest.

asad

Unread post by asad » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:18 am

humanbeing wrote:When I was an Abde Sayedna, I had purchased my motor vehicle and was advised to do Zabihat. I followed the advise and was told to soak my palms in the warm blood of the slaughtered goat. And stamp the “Panja” on my bike at several places (Headlight, Tank, Back Flaps)

I found the whole act, very disturbing, uncomfortable, superstitious and illogical. As I questioned the authenticity of this ritual I was told of the Evil Eye angle to which I found it to be very paganistic hindu based ideology.

Many bohra families do the same, when they purchase a new property, it looks garish and scary for an outsider to see peaceloving bohra playing with blood in this tantric fashion ! (junglee beard adds to the look)

Even on aqeeka, I have seen father dips a finger in the blood and puts a mark on the baby..
HB what you talk regarding putting blood soaked panjas on houses and vehicles is confined to Vagad area only, due to illiteracy that area is steeped in a lot of superstitions which other areas of Bohras are not. I mean no offence to people of vagad but this is a sad reality.

And regarding blood marks on young ones than lo and behold i have seen SMB himself put blood marks on his family kids on Eid Al Adha, (any one who has seen him perform zabihat on Eid can confirm this as its a very common thing and kind of star attraction) and on that particular eid their was such a frantic rush from Qasre mawali young ones specially his grand and great grand kids to gets blood marks that they were trampling on qurbani meat.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:52 am

asad wrote: HB what you talk regarding putting blood soaked panjas on houses and vehicles is confined to Vagad area only, due to illiteracy that area is steeped in a lot of superstitions which other areas of Bohras are not. I mean no offence to people of vagad but this is a sad reality.
Hmm ! Yes could be true, that this practice is prevalent in Wagad region. I observed and experienced in Wagaad most of it. But I m a Gujju, practiced this ritual, however I was advised by a wagad friend and not objected by Gujju parent. So I presume it’s a kothar sanctioned ritual worldwide
asad wrote:And regarding blood marks on young ones than lo and behold i have seen SMB himself put blood marks on his family kids on Eid Al Adha, (any one who has seen him perform zabihat on Eid can confirm this as its a very common thing and kind of star attraction) and on that particular eid their was such a frantic rush from Qasre mawali young ones specially his grand and great grand kids to gets blood marks that they were trampling on qurbani meat.
Well so here we go ! so much for the infallible Dai ! another point in the list to debunk the infallible theory !

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:13 am

Blood is haram. If there is blood on your clothes, you are required to wash them before praying. If there is blood flowing from your own wound, you are required to wait till it stops before you can do wudhu. If blood starts flowing after you have done wudhu, it breaks your wudhu, and to think that these people dip their fingers in blood and put it on foreheads!!

Bro GM,

Bohras do this because they have descended from the hindus is an excuse that has lost its merit now. They have a haqiqi Quran and kaaba amongst them. To still hide behind hindu forefathers is despicable. The bohras do these things because they have never fully converted to Islam. They themselves are to blame and not their ancestors. People have wiped out the achievements of their forefathers in less than a generation and the bohras have had dozens!!

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:33 pm

anajmi wrote: Bohras do this because they have descended from the hindus is an excuse that has lost its merit now. They have a haqiqi Quran and kaaba amongst them.
well said!

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:53 am

Hindu rituals give ample chance to kothar to keep bohras busy and dependent also keep their cash registers ringing.

In islam, rituals are limited or one can say none, moreover those rituals are logically reason oriented which makes sense.

I was discussing the reasons of Zabihat ( Qurbani) at event of Hajj, many or most said that it is advised because Prophet Abraham’s test of faith event. But I find it illogical, how can one test their faith by merrily sacrificing an animal in today’s time. Another reason shared was, it was prophet muhammad’s initiative to slaughter animals to celebrate the event of Hajj as well as make provisions for pilgrims who came from far and wide without food supplies. 2nd reason makes more sense.

Further to that, we see every Hajji ( any muslim) after performing Hajj sacrifice animals year after year, which I feel is not required and waste of resource. It makes Barki Eid a scary scene in muslim dominated areas. Why cant muslims brothers donate equal amount or give away in kind ( ration ) rather then Zabihats !!

asad

Unread post by asad » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:10 am

Shariyat has not made it farizat to do qurbani which people do after coming back from Hajj, and showoff qurbani's by rich muslims and even Bohras of 50k and 100k+ bakras are totally waste and uncalled for. definetely this money can be used in better way. In my city people donate skin of the qurbani to madarsa why not donate the whole qurbani money to madarsa than only the skin of the animal.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:51 pm

zabihat does not mean only sacrificing of goats, cow or camels.

on personal occasions such as salgirah of mola, his mansoos, salgirah of hidden imam etc etc etc, the entire community of abdes has to submit to 'zabihat'. they are ruthlessly slaughtered for fakhir najwa's. a knife is placed at their throat and they are coerced into parting with bigger and bigger sums of money.

at haj, actual bakras are slaughtered, but only once a year, while this entire community is slaughtered several times a year!

the funny thing is, here we have abde bakras discussing zabihat! wah bhai wah!

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:28 am

Zabihat as practises by Bohras is a pagan ritual that is an unnecessary practise.
Actually, there are many misconceptions filling the mind of many non-Muslims, who fail to perceive the significance and wisdom behind acts of worship in Islam. That is why addressing those misconceptions becomes obligatory in order to erase distortions about Islam. Thus, on the case in point, we find it relevant to cite for you the following:

Sacrifice is not a pillar of Islam. We must look at the occurrences in a contextual manner, understanding not only the pre-Islamic institution of sacrifice, the Qur'anic reforms concerning this practice, and the continuance of sacrifice in the Muslim world, but also the context in which the Qur'anic revelations occurred. For it seems that with many people, both non-Muslims and Muslims alike, context is the key that they are missing.

With this in mind, let us start with the situation as it was in pre-Islamic Arabia with regard to animal sacrifice. Not only did the pagan Arabs sacrifice to a variety of gods in hopes of attaining protection or some favor or material gain, but so, too, did the Jews of that day seek to appease the One True God by blood sacrifice and burnt offerings. Even the Christian community felt Jesus to be the last sacrifice, the final lamb, so to speak, in an otherwise valid tradition of animal sacrifice (where one's sins are absolved by the blood of another).

Islam, however, broke away from this longstanding tradition of appeasing an "angry God" and instead demanded personal sacrifice and submission as the only way to die before death and reach "fana’" or "extinction in Allah." The notion of "vicarious atonement of sin" (absolving one's sins through the blood of another) is nowhere to be found in the Qur'an. Neither is the idea of gaining favor by offering the life of another to Allah. In Islam, all that is demanded as a sacrifice is one's personal willingness to submit one's ego and individual will to Allah.

One only has to look at how the Qur'an treats this subject, to see a marked difference regarding sacrifice and whether or not Allah is appeased by blood. The Qur'anic account of the sacrifice of Isma`il ultimately speaks against blood atonement. Allah says: (Then when (the son) reached (the age of) (serious) work with him, he said: "Oh my son! I see in vision that I offer thee in sacrifice: Now see what is thy view!" (The son) said: "Oh my father! Do As thou art commanded: Thou wilt find me, if Allah so wills one practicing patience and constancy!" So when they had both submitted their wills (to Allah), and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead (for sacrifice), We called out to him, "Oh Abraham! Thou hast already fulfilled the vision!" Thus indeed do We reward those who do right. For this was obviously a trial and We ransomed him with a momentous sacrifice.) (As-Safat 37: 102-107)

Notice that the Qur'an never says that Allah told Abraham to kill (sacrifice) his son. Though subtle, this is very important, for the moral lesson is very different from that which appears in the Bible. Here, it teaches us that Abraham had a dream in which he saw himself slaughtering his son. Abraham believed the dream and thought that the dream was from Allah, but the Qur'an never says that the dream was from Allah. However, in Abraham and Isma`il's willingness to make the ultimate sacrifice—Abraham of his son, Isma`il of his own life—they are able to transcend notions of self and false attachment to the material realm, thus removing a veil between themselves and Allah, enabling Allah's mercy to descend upon them as the Spirit of Truth and illuminate them with divine wisdom (thus preventing a miscarriage of justice and once and for all correcting the false notion of vicarious atonement of sin).

For, certainly, Allah, the Ever Merciful, Most Compassionate, would never ask a father to go against His command of "thou shall not kill" and kill his own son in order to be accepted by Him. For the Qur'an teaches us that Allah never advocates evil (see 7:28 and 16:90) and that only Satan advocates evil and vice (24:21). The notion that Allah would want us to do an immoral act runs counter to Allah's justice.

As far as the yearly tradition that has followed this event (that is, the sacrificing of a ram to commemorate Abraham and Isma`il's great self sacrifice), we must understand it and the Qur'anic versus that pertain to animal sacrifice, in relation to the time and place circumstances under which these revelations were received and how people were trying to make a personal sacrifice by sharing their limited means of survival with the poorer members of their community.

That is to say, the underlying implication of Islam's attitude toward ritual slaughter is not that of blood atonement, or seeking favor with Allah through another's death, but rather, the act of thanking Allah for one's sustenance and the personal sacrifice of sharing one's possessions and valuable food with one's fellow humans. The ritual itself is NOT the sacrifice. It is merely a method of killing where the individuals kill as quickly as possible and acknowledge that only Allah has the right to take a life and that they do so as a humble member of Allah's creation in need of sustenance just like every other species in Allah's creation.

So let us examine some of the appropriate verses in the Qur'an to see what it has to say about sacrifice and how it related to life in 500 C.E. Arabia. (Also included is commentary by Yusuf Ali to show that even someone who was pro-sacrifice with an understanding of animals as subject to humans, did not champion wanton cruelty or notions of blood atonement.) Allah says: (In them ye have benefits for a term appointed: In the end their place of sacrifice is near the Ancient House.) (Al-Hajj 22: 33)

“The word ‘In them’ refers to cattle or animals offered for sacrifice. It is quite true that they are useful in many ways to humans, e.g., camels in desert countries are useful as mounts or for carrying burdens or for giving milk, and so, for horses and oxen; and camels and oxen are also good for meat, and camel's hair can be woven into cloth; goats and sheep also yield milk and meat, and hair or wool. But if they are used for sacrifice, they become symbols by which people show that they are willing to give up some of their own benefits for the sake of satisfying the needs of their poorer brethren." (Yusuf Ali commentary)

Allah also says: (To every people did We appoint rites (of sacrifice) that they might celebrate the name of Allah over the sustenance He gave them from animals (fit for food). But your God is One God: Submit then your wills to Him (In Islam): and give thou the good news to those who humble themselves.) (Al-Hajj 22: 34)

“This is the true end of sacrifice, not propitiation of higher powers, for Allah is One, and He does not delight in flesh and blood, but a symbol of thanksgiving to Allah by sharing meat with fellow humans. The solemn pronouncement of Allah's name over the sacrifice is an essential part of the rite." (Yusuf Ali commentary)

Allah says further: (It is not their meat nor their blood, that reaches Allah: it is your piety that reaches Him: He has thus made them subject to you, that ye may glorify Allah for His guidance to you: And proclaim the Good News to all who do right.) (Al-Hajj 22: 37)

“No one should suppose that meat or blood is acceptable to the One True God. It was a pagan fancy that Allah could be appeased by blood sacrifice. But Allah does accept the offering of our hearts, and as a symbol of such offer, some visible institution is necessary. He has given us power over the brute creation, and permitted us to eat meat, but only if we pronounce His name at the solemn act of taking life, for without this solemn invocation, we are apt to forget the sacredness of life. By this invocation we are reminded that wanton cruelty is not in our thoughts, but only the need for food …" (Yusuf Ali commentary)

It is quite clear from the Qur'anic passages above that the issue of animal sacrifice is in relation to the role animals played in Arabian society at that place and time (as well as other societies with similar climates and culture), in that humans are commanded to give thanks to Allah and praise Allah for the sustenance He has given them and that they should sacrifice something of value to themselves to demonstrate their appreciation for what they have been given (which in their case was the very animals on which their survival was based).

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:50 am

There is one other interpretation of these Zabihats. They represent the blood of Hussain that Allah needs because he spared the life of Ismail (as). Or something like that.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:51 am

Bohra Spring,
Excellent Article, an apt response to the reasoning around zabihats.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:33 am

the necessity of zabihats has transcended personal occasions. now that ramadhan is around the corner, bohras the world over are trembling with dread and fear at the forcible extraction of huge sums of money from them. all my relatives and friends in uk, india, pakistan, africa, canada and usa are all stressed out about this.

its as if they are waiting in line to be slaughtered for 'WAJEBAAT ZABIHAT'.

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:47 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:While on the subject, when the Dai was sick some years back, a whole lot of more then 200 Bakras were slaughtered in Burhanpur. He may have recovered temporarily at that time but is again sick, infact more sick then he ever was !

This is like excessive and unnecessary use of Antibiotics resulting in relapse of the infection which is drug resistant...

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:12 pm

Almost similar to fakhir najwa, Mola an Ale-Mola becomes dependent, addicted and strung out.

LionHunter

Unread post by LionHunter » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:14 pm

kurbani is good but it matters for what and for whome u ar doing qurbani, if it is for ALLAH then it brings sawaab but if its for mola ni khushi then I am not sure what it brings.

in QURAAN

Abhraham (s) says "my worship and QURBAANI is all for ALLAH ALONE"