accolades for Bro Al Zulfiqar's writings

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Kaka Akela

accolades for Bro Al Zulfiqar's writings

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:24 pm

Bro Al Zulfiqar:

I admire your powerful expression and your telling the naked facts as bravely as you do, some times they are factual and some times they are hilarious and you seem to have gathered a lot of experience in your young life, some times they are verbally much too strong. Specially when it comes to Dai and Mansoos your languages needs to be toned down a bit, As PDB we claim to believe in Dai and Mansoos and we have no quarrel with that so why use deragatory words for them. We have problems with corruption and non-transparency and you can be as deragatory as you can in denouncing those, but please spare the Dai and his Mansoos, you can still criticize them for not doing anything to fix the problems in the community but calling them names i.e, Manhoos for Mansoos is uncalled for. It is not my place to criticize your writing specially because I enjoy it but I think it turns off a lot of DBs and they stop coming here after they read one of your post and label this site as Munafiqeen site, why give them more ammunition. Maola Ali SA said my followers are like madh maakhi, so why not we use honey-full language to attract more of those madh maakhi(s). Mola Ali AS also said that when you are in disagreement with some one, don't be so bitter that tomorrow if you become in agreement then it will be embarassing for you to face each other. In some distant tomorrow you may drop the P from PDB and become a DB, so prepare for that from now.
Sorry if exceeded my limits in telling you this.

porus

Re: accolades for Bro Al Zulfiqar's writings

Unread post by porus » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Al Zulfiqar has unique talent for expression which he very effectively displays in his wit and satire. He is one of the best contributors on this forum and adds enormous value. I welcome his contributions.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:10 pm

I second Bro Porus !! No member is as effective and straight forward as Bro AZ, he deserves a full fledged Ziafat with 21 Kharas and 21 Mithas :mrgreen:

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:57 pm

Br. Zulefiqar, through his fingers on the keyboard makes music with words.

aflatoon

Unread post by aflatoon » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:35 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:I second Bro Porus !! No member is as effective and straight forward as Bro AZ, he deserves a full fledged Ziafat with 21 Kharas and 21 Mithas :mrgreen:
Bro G.M. you have missed the main ingredient faakhir najwa and salaam

LionHunter

Unread post by LionHunter » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:40 pm

and he shud be recieved by qatari air hostess :wink:

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:56 am

I visit this site mainly to go through bro zulfiqar's posts.

He may be verbally too strong at times but that is acceptable considering who he is addressing.

Keep up the good work bhai zulfiqar!! I may not be active on this forum, but I make it a point to keep myself updated daily by visiting this site and never missing zulfiqar bhai's posts.

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:15 am

Exactly, harsh language puts away many die hard abdes. They then think that discussions over here are just plain entertainment and nothing else which doesnt do justice to this forum. To make this forum popular, we need discussions and not abuses and maskhari...
Kaka Akela wrote:Bro Al Zulfiqar:

I admire your powerful expression and your telling the naked facts as bravely as you do, some times they are factual and some times they are hilarious and you seem to have gathered a lot of experience in your young life, some times they are verbally much too strong. Specially when it comes to Dai and Mansoos your languages needs to be toned down a bit, As PDB we claim to believe in Dai and Mansoos and we have no quarrel with that so why use deragatory words for them. We have problems with corruption and non-transparency and you can be as deragatory as you can in denouncing those, but please spare the Dai and his Mansoos, you can still criticize them for not doing anything to fix the problems in the community but calling them names i.e, Manhoos for Mansoos is uncalled for. It is not my place to criticize your writing specially because I enjoy it but I think it turns off a lot of DBs and they stop coming here after they read one of your post and label this site as Munafiqeen site, why give them more ammunition. Maola Ali SA said my followers are like madh maakhi, so why not we use honey-full language to attract more of those madh maakhi(s). Mola Ali AS also said that when you are in disagreement with some one, don't be so bitter that tomorrow if you become in agreement then it will be embarassing for you to face each other. In some distant tomorrow you may drop the P from PDB and become a DB, so prepare for that from now.
Sorry if exceeded my limits in telling you this.

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:18 am

like_minded wrote:I visit this site mainly to go through bro zulfiqar's posts.

He may be verbally too strong at times but that is acceptable considering who he is addressing.

Keep up the good work bhai zulfiqar!! I may not be active on this forum, but I make it a point to keep myself updated daily by visiting this site and never missing zulfiqar bhai's posts.

See, thats where you get carried away. All PDBs or like minded orthodox bohras already know what is wrong. But we need to get die hard abdes to also think about it. Harsh language puts them off right away and they don't want to read any further and brand this forum as mere gossiping and entertainment

genesis

Unread post by genesis » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:24 am

wise_guy wrote:
like_minded wrote:I visit this site mainly to go through bro zulfiqar's posts.

See, thats where you get carried away. All PDBs or like minded orthodox bohras already know what is wrong. But we need to get die hard abdes to also think about it. Harsh language puts them off right away and they don't want to read any further and brand this forum as mere gossiping and entertainment
When your nature is to call a spade a spade, you do so without sugar-coating it and changing its description and color to suit the audience you are addressing, for that defeats the very purpose you stand for. Hence focus on the substance and not the presentation and give him a full-on. Strange that theres no response from him in this thread. Zulfibhai, your response is earnestly solicited.

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:48 am

Strange that theres no response from him in this thread. Zulfibhai, your response is earnestly solicited.
AZ bhai is consulting with his deep throat in Saifee Mahal or may be with some one in Purdah. :) Purdah hey Purdah, Purdesh key piche .?????

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:45 am

although i must thank all the kind-hearted friends who have posted highly effusive praise on this thread, reading them all is most embarassing! i am unworthy of this.

i am nobody compared to the stalwarts of the reformist movement, past and present, like asgharali engineer, bhai insaf, humsafar, noman contractor and many, many others who have suffered both physical and social violence in pursuit of their ideals. i have done my bit in opposing the forces of tyranny, but it is but a tiny drop in the ocean. my personal example was my own father who stood alone and unflinching, fighting for his independence, dignity and moral principles. we, his family, suffered immensely, but i thank him for the fire he ignited in my belly and learnt the invaluable lesson never to give up on the rights to justice and equality, never to give in to tyranny, but to selflessly serve others and never to forget one's social responsibility. he served our community in various senior capacities, never asking for anything in return, in fact he paupered himself spending from his own pocket for community activities, but never was he a yes-man.

Friends, much as this thread would flatter my ego, it is only fair that i ask admin to delete this thread. it does not behove this forum to have a thread devoted to me in this fashion, as it would place me on a pedestal with luminaries like asgharali engineer. that would be a travesty.

Kaka Akela

Unread post by Kaka Akela » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:13 am

Bro Al Zulfiqar:

Your response is precisely is what attracts people to your posts. I wish all the sh--zadas had just 1 Oz of your humility and humbleness. Please keep up with your robust responses, it is this precise medicine dose that Kothar needs.

LionHunter

Unread post by LionHunter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:08 am

may qatari air hostesses always remains at your disposals :mrgreen:

shapur

Unread post by shapur » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:21 am

Al Zulfiqar wrote:although i must thank all the kind-hearted friends who have posted highly effusive praise on this thread, reading them all is most embarassing! i am unworthy of this.

Bro AZ at his modest best. Modesty is a hallmark of the superlative.

JC

Unread post by JC » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Bro AZ,

Keep up the good work ....... no drop is tiny in front of ocean .... qatra qatra kar kay samundar bunta hay .... and if yours is a tiny drop I am ashamed of myself, my work (and may be deeds) is a tiny drop in front of your tiny drop :(

Anyway we need more people like you, more leaders, more teachers ..... what the community needs is transparency and accountability ........ let this Community stay and operate as a Community only, not as a Religion or Cult.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:19 am

AZ’s writing is really fascinating I always enjoy his choice of words.

Put off is his excessive ridicule of abdes on this forum, he vents his vengeance at personal level, leaving his victims embarrassed.

With his maturity and skill, he can choose stern words and avoid the ridicule, abdes bohra are used to with sugarcoated words promising security and heaven.

Win Hearts ! Not Battles !

genesis

Unread post by genesis » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:34 am

Bro AZ's write-ups display his class and showcase his leadership material. If only he could broaden his vision beyond bohras, reform and kothar to encompass the broader religion and the people therein , and learn to take everyone along in the stride, debate dispassionately on sensitive issues instead of shooing them away as sacrilege and shouting down whoever has raised them,then mark my words- the man could well pioneer and captain a most sensible, level-headed stream of people who would be called Zulfi Bohras. And mind you, I would be the first one to receive that 5 lakhs and defect gleefully !!

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:21 am

genesis,

i write here concerning bohras and the corruption, nepotism, loot and violations of islam by our clergy. i have neither the interest nor the time to aspire for leadership positions and becoming a 'captain' as you put it. i also do not write here to earn accolades or gather adulatory compliments as a form of narcissism.

i have always called a spade a spade and i write with the conviction of truth and from my heart. in the pursuit of justice, human dignity and truth i will not spare anyone, no matter what their social status or how high and mighty they are. i respect no 'sacred cows'.

as regards expounding on matters beyond bohra reform into the spheres of islam or other religions (theology), 1. i do not consider myself qualified enough to comment, esp. when you have religious scholars like porus on this board, 2. i do debate such issues in private and believe that my views come across as rather controversial to many. i would rather keep my thoughts and theories private, besides they are extraneous to the focus of this site.

the most important point to remember is that the fight for reforms does not entail challenging bohra religious aspects, only when we can show what the last 2 dai's have done to pervert and mutate our deen to suit their nefarious ends, then we do need to comment. that is my position. i am not here to throw the baby out with the bathwater, as many extremists on this board are attempting to do.

as for the perception that i get after certain people on a personal level, that is untrue. let me categorically state that i do not suffer foolishness, arrogance and bullying gladly and will blast ridiculous statements, opinions and intimidation wherever i encounter them. oftentimes the persons who indulge in this sort of behaviour definitely have hidden personality issues which makes them behave in this aberrant fashion. i will highlight those issues, although it is ignored by the majority and swept under the carpet. the discussion is always issue-based and the focus is always clear - REFORM!

it may be hard to believe, but the same people with whom i may engage in a war of words on this forum, i would be a most gracious host if i ever met them personally. that is inherent to my nature. there is nothing like personal enmity. everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they respect and tolerate the other's stance and find that it is based on a semblance of logic and sense.