Why do the Amils abstain from matam?

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Nietzsche

Why do the Amils abstain from matam?

Unread post by Nietzsche » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:28 pm

I have seen previously in the masjid that the amil, their children, and other nobles (the ones that are related to some other da'i) hardly do any matam. I don't understand how bohras have never brought this up with the amil. Even the da'i and Mansoos abstain from any matam.

This hypocrisy is so clear. In every sermon, the amil, without fail, announces that matam is so important because da'i is listening (really?) and that rasulallah has said that he wil grant jannah to people who engage in gam-e-Hussain.

I ask why the amil abstains from matam simply because it could cause problems for them if anyone was ever strong enough to question this. What do you people think about this?

asad

Re: Why do the Amils abstain from matam?

Unread post by asad » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:25 am

Because they also know how crude this whole charade is. They are the best opera masters.

S. Insaf

Unread post by S. Insaf » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:15 pm

There are two Islams and Bohra traditions, one for Dai and his administration and other for common bohras.
1. Dai and members of his family and his Amils are exempted from paying Zakat, Wajebat, Sabeel etc.
2. They are exempted from doing Maatam and Gam-e-Husain.
3. They are also exempted from Misaq.
4. They are never asked to contribute for Masjids renovation or any other scheme.
5. They are exempted from any contribution for Dai's Birthday celebrations,
and so on.

Al Zulfiqar

Unread post by Al Zulfiqar » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Nietzsche wrote:I have seen previously in the masjid that the amil, their children, and other nobles (the ones that are related to some other da'i) hardly do any matam.
nietzsche,

have you ever seen a concert by a grand philarmonic orchestra? how the maestro conducts the vast group pf musicians, how he interprets every note, how he skilfully elicits from them each and every subtlety, how he raises and lowers the tempo and finally takes it to the zenith, the music rising in a cresendo of harmony, crashing like waves upon the audience's roar of approval and appreciation, ending in wild applause?

well, the amils, h'zaadas and the dai himself are trained in this art by their ustaads, and it is drummed into their napaak brains that 'mumeneen ne ghanu roravjo, emne purjosh maatam karavjo', etc etc. to achieve this end, all tricks are allowed, irrespective of whether they are moral, ethical or not. even if they have to embellish or stretch the truth, add lies, deceit, kufr and falsehoods, its all passe'. the reasoning is clear, go all out in emotional and mental manipulation of the gullible community and drive home subliminal and overt messages that dai is supreme, cement his direct linkage with panjatan paak and hussain and then of course use all this to part the stupid abdes from their hard earned money. well, as can be seen from the results, they are succeeding handsomely!

i was once told that the one doing the shahadat bayans has to conserve his energies, if he too starts beating himself silly like the shrieking and frenzied abdes, then he cannot carry out his 'holy' duty of making the mumeneen cry in bucketfuls! besides, as the maestro leading the orchestra, he himself has to conduct himself with dignity. he has to be in control and skilfully lead the jamaat up into a crescendo of unleashed emotions.

it is not yours to ask why, it is yours but to do and die. that they make the abdes do maatam, is a great ehsaan ane karam, it is a sharaf that they kindly and graciously bestow upon bewaqoof abdes.

su eni niraali shaan chhe!!!

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Hardly any comparison with the maestro at the black tie affair with this pipuri bandwala. Those pipuri band where everyone is wearing wrong size clothes and at least one player in chappals.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:52 pm

AZ
Best explanation with choicest words and apt comparison of orchestrating maatam and sinister intentions behind.

One can clearly see, how bayaans are rehearsed and amils orate in a practiced tone of melancholy. One can also see, whenever there is a dull moment or amils wishes to glance through some points of bayans they will fill the space by purjosh matam,