Ashara preperations

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Aftaab
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Ashara preperations

#1

Unread post by Aftaab » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:17 am

I been watching pics on malumaat and I can see work is in full swing, any idea how much those iron set up costs?

and why do they need to put all this? why not do waez in masjid without all these taam jhaaam?

Nietzsche
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:14 pm

Re: Ashara preperations

#2

Unread post by Nietzsche » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:54 am

Before someone replies with an idiotically irrational answer....

They need to set up the additional space to accommodate the thousands of people who are going to show up..... if these weren't constructed, there wouldn't be nearly enough space.

And I'm sure that the funds needed to construct the additional seating space (x) will be covered: x^1000000000000000000000000000 during the post-ashara qadambosi.

Aftaab
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Ashara preperations

#3

Unread post by Aftaab » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:06 am

Nietzsche wrote:Before someone replies with an idiotically irrational answer....

They need to set up the additional space to accommodate the thousands of people who are going to show up..... if these weren't constructed, there wouldn't be nearly enough space.

And I'm sure that the funds needed to construct the additional seating space (x) will be covered: x^1000000000000000000000000000 during the post-ashara qadambosi.
when technology is already available to relay almost 10 days waez to all bilaaad why this extra expenses?

asad
Posts: 777
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Ashara preperations

#4

Unread post by asad » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:35 am

maximum Iron grids used in construction are procured from local Bohra businessman some willingly for Syedna's khushi and some unwillingly but to remain in good books of Kothar. These are duly returned to them and are sold for a little less, whatever loss they bear is their khidmat for Ashara.

Rest of the preparation mainly decoration is taken care by one Sheikh Noorudin Modi (a very close lackey of Mazoon) , he also sponsors main sabeel wherever Syendna does his Ashara.

Aftaab
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Ashara preperations

#5

Unread post by Aftaab » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:27 am

asad wrote:maximum Iron grids used in construction are procured from local Bohra businessman some willingly for Syedna's khushi and some unwillingly but to remain in good books of Kothar. These are duly returned to them and are sold for a little less, whatever loss they bear is their khidmat for Ashara.

Rest of the preparation mainly decoration is taken care by one Sheikh Noorudin Modi (a very close lackey of Mazoon) , he also sponsors main sabeel wherever Syendna does his Ashara.
ok thats great piece of info.

btw does any thing comes out from kothar pocket while Ashara?

asad
Posts: 777
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Ashara preperations

#6

Unread post by asad » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:39 am

Aftaab wrote:
asad wrote:maximum Iron grids used in construction are procured from local Bohra businessman some willingly for Syedna's khushi and some unwillingly but to remain in good books of Kothar. These are duly returned to them and are sold for a little less, whatever loss they bear is their khidmat for Ashara.

Rest of the preparation mainly decoration is taken care by one Sheikh Noorudin Modi (a very close lackey of Mazoon) , he also sponsors main sabeel wherever Syendna does his Ashara.
ok thats great piece of info.

btw does any thing comes out from kothar pocket while Ashara?
No, Kothar per se doesnt pay anything. Wherever Syedna announces his Ashara local jamaat has to bear all expenses plus the Najwa Syedna takes. In Mumbai's case Anjumane Shiate Ali will bear the lions share of all expenses.

Fateh
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:25 am

Re: Ashara preperations

#7

Unread post by Fateh » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:41 am

I think the correct word is ASHARA OPERATION not ashara prepration

Aftaab
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Ashara preperations

#8

Unread post by Aftaab » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:49 am

Fateh wrote:I think the correct word is ASHARA OPERATION not ashara prepration
:mrgreen:

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Ashara preperations

#9

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:06 pm

asad wrote:Wherever Syedna announces his Ashara local jamaat has to bear all expenses plus the Najwa Syedna takes.
The "Najwa" runs into crores of rupees !! The vayez in Colombo had costed the jamat Rs.40 crores by way of "Najwa" !! The dollar was in 40s at that time so now when it is 60 plus and gold at 30,000/-, its anyones guess considering the present rate of inflation !!

Maqbool
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 4:01 am

Re: Ashara preperations

#10

Unread post by Maqbool » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:35 am

This year they are collecting Rs. 600 per thal. the fanatic abdes are giving in multiples. This is not enough. The collect rs. 600 from every madresa student compulsory. In ramadan Zakat from sutudent compulsory and now thal. The students are great tools for money extracting.

Aftaab
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Ashara preperations

#11

Unread post by Aftaab » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:00 am

Maqbool wrote:This year they are collecting Rs. 600 per thal. the fanatic abdes are giving in multiples. This is not enough. The collect rs. 600 from every madresa student compulsory. In ramadan Zakat from sutudent compulsory and now thal. The students are great tools for money extracting.
will they expel the student if he dont bring money to pay?


Aftaab
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Ashara preperations

#13

Unread post by Aftaab » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:58 am

wow what a great way to start mourning on Imam Hussain's scarifies and his kids who remain hungry for 3 days without food and water.

brovo bohris bravo

zinger
Posts: 2031
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Ashara preperations

#14

Unread post by zinger » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:01 am

does any one have any info on when thaal nu waras was started and why waras of the thaal?

it would be interesting to know if this too is something that was handed down by our non-Muslim ancestors or does it have some Fatimid origins

true_bohra
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:19 am

Re: Ashara preperations

#15

Unread post by true_bohra » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:08 am

@aftaab: That is been done to start a new year.
@ zinger: I am not sure about when did it start and it is not known by thaal no waras. Commonly we term it as nawa waras nu thaal.
As far as non muslims are concerned then I think Parsis also start their new year with similar kind of dishes.

AMAFHH
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:19 am

Re: Ashara preperations

#16

Unread post by AMAFHH » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:24 am

true_bohra wrote:@aftaab: That is been done to start a new year.
@ zinger: I am not sure about when did it start and it is not known by thaal no waras. Commonly we term it as nawa waras nu thaal.
As far as non muslims are concerned then I think Parsis also start their new year with similar kind of dishes.
Are Bohris Originated from Parses ?

true_bohra
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:19 am

Re: Ashara preperations

#17

Unread post by true_bohra » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:02 pm

Bohras are not originated from Parsis however we find many cultural similarities between bohras and parsis

Aftaab
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: Ashara preperations

#18

Unread post by Aftaab » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:40 pm

true_bohra wrote:@aftaab: That is been done to start a new year.
@ zinger: I am not sure about when did it start and it is not known by thaal no waras. Commonly we term it as nawa waras nu thaal.
As far as non muslims are concerned then I think Parsis also start their new year with similar kind of dishes.
instead of starting it with eating mawa malay and dry fruits, isnt it more logical to start 1st day of muharram with some donations and bringing smile to people who dont have one?

true_bohra
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:19 am

Re: Ashara preperations

#19

Unread post by true_bohra » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:35 pm

who stops one from donating. Its surely a great idea.
But we can have a mild celebration for new year also not with hefty dishes but some Shakranu and fish and some fruits.

zinger
Posts: 2031
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Ashara preperations

#20

Unread post by zinger » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:28 am

AMAFHH wrote:
true_bohra wrote:@aftaab: That is been done to start a new year.
@ zinger: I am not sure about when did it start and it is not known by thaal no waras. Commonly we term it as nawa waras nu thaal.
As far as non muslims are concerned then I think Parsis also start their new year with similar kind of dishes.
Are Bohris Originated from Parses ?

Thats quite a silly question dont you think? seeing that you have been around for some time and privy to discussions about our origins???

yes, we do share a lot of cultural similarities in terms of ceremonies, languages, customs etc but again, that is because we have our roots in Gujarat

zinger
Posts: 2031
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Ashara preperations

#21

Unread post by zinger » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:29 am

true_bohra wrote:@aftaab: That is been done to start a new year.
@ zinger: I am not sure about when did it start and it is not known by thaal no waras. Commonly we term it as nawa waras nu thaal.
As far as non muslims are concerned then I think Parsis also start their new year with similar kind of dishes.

OOOOOOKKKKK... ya youre right, some people DO call it nawu waras nu thaal

Maqbool
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 4:01 am

Re: Ashara preperations

#22

Unread post by Maqbool » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:58 am

Aftaab wrote:
Maqbool wrote:This year they are collecting Rs. 600 per thal. the fanatic abdes are giving in multiples. This is not enough. The collect rs. 600 from every madresa student compulsory. In ramadan Zakat from sutudent compulsory and now thal. The students are great tools for money extracting.
will they expel the student if he dont bring money to pay?
I don't think they will, but they will definitely threaten to pay.

We are not only celebrating the first day of moharram but all ten days. It is fun for all after few drops of tears. Specialy
for Maansoos and his gang are having a diwali fun on these days. Fakhera Najwa, Fakhera Jaman etc.etc.

zinger
Posts: 2031
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Ashara preperations

#23

Unread post by zinger » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:04 am

Aftaab wrote:
true_bohra wrote:@aftaab: That is been done to start a new year.
@ zinger: I am not sure about when did it start and it is not known by thaal no waras. Commonly we term it as nawa waras nu thaal.
As far as non muslims are concerned then I think Parsis also start their new year with similar kind of dishes.
instead of starting it with eating mawa malay and dry fruits, isnt it more logical to start 1st day of muharram with some donations and bringing smile to people who dont have one?

you know what, you're right. what you say makes sense.

seeker110
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am

Re: Ashara preperations

#24

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:27 am

Hurr A.S is the only shaheed of Karbala who gave up elaborate feast for martyrdom.

The difficult journey of Imam Hussain started from 8th of Zilhajj . As the pilgrims were preparing at the plains of Arafa. Remember this when you enjoy your feasts of Moharram.

simple
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:24 pm

Re: Ashara preperations

#25

Unread post by simple » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Rates of sitting arrangements
Attachments
IMG-20131101-WA0000.jpg

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Ashara preperations

#26

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Whu is eating fish compulsory in the navu waras thaal of bohras ??


ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Ashara preperations

#28

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:01 pm

Haidariyah school ma ashara mubaraka ni ohbat ane tayyari na silsila ma saghla farzando ye majmuyi shakelat ma programme kido

27th Zilhajj, 1434
Location: New Haidariyah English Senior Secondary School, Sunel, Rajasthan, India

[img]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/6947/awqq.jpg[/img]

think
Posts: 1838
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:15 am

Re: Ashara preperations

#29

Unread post by think » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:36 pm

what is this? does matam and ahozari need a preparation

Akhtiar Wahid
Posts: 804
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:22 am

Re: Ashara preperations

#30

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:52 pm

look at the kids....they are laughing and doing mataam at same time!