Dabba Thali hygiene concern

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
asad

Re: Dabba Thali hygiene concern

Unread post by asad » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:52 am

seeker110 wrote:Zinger, your mother must be terrible in the kitchen.

Comment is in bad taste.

There should be honour in animosity also. and besides why this animosity. we are against Kothar and Syedna and not people who believe in them. They are our brothers in faith.

dal-chaval-palidu

Unread post by dal-chaval-palidu » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:04 am

seeker110 wrote:Zinger, your mother must be terrible in the kitchen.
The above remark is below the belt.

I have found zinger bhai to be largely fair in his postings - he agrees with kothar on some issues, disagrees on others. He has expressed his reservations about what is currently happening in our community and SMS, while expressing his unconditional love for SMB. That is completely understandable, even if some folks here may disagree with it.

He has encouraged others to visit this site and look at the diversity of opinions. That should be welcome. You don't have to agree on everything to respect a person.

qjbj

Unread post by qjbj » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:27 pm

I agree the comment was below the belt. However, one must realize once we get used to getting thali every a week then who ever does the cooking in ones family will eventually loose their cooking skills.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:34 pm

There are thousands of people. [DELETED] [DELETED] [DELETED]
Most are complaining about the quality and taste. Either they are used to good food or they are lying. Now if one person comes along and keeps saying the food is tasty and flavorful , then you be the judge. I cannot find any other reason, can you ?

You all remember that one masiji in the neighborhood sending salawat ni kheer etc., It went to the kamwali and she refused it also. Her kids probably thoight she was the greatest cook also.

SBM

Ramadan meal at Dallas homeless shelter a feast of traditions

Unread post by SBM » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:19 pm

It would have been nice if Dallas Dawoodi Bohra Jamat would do something like this or atleast join this group since this is also a Shia group Abdes talk too much about Imam Hussain and do Maataam 24/7 but these people do an awareness program instead of just doing 24/7 Maatam

Residents at the Dallas Life homeless shelter were pleasantly surprised that Friday’s dinner wasn’t the usual chicken or beef stew.

Instead, it was a traditional Ramadan meal of queema (a ground beef dish), matar palau (seasoned rice with peas) and a chicken paratha roll.

Volunteers with the international nonprofit Who Is Hussain spent their Friday preparing 250 meals although many hadn’t had anything to eat since 4 a.m. They have been fasting from sunup to sundown since June 17 in observance of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

The nonprofit is dedicated to spreading awareness about the life of Hussain ibn Ali, a revered seventh-century imam who was a grandson of the prophet Mohammed.

Malahat Kizilbash, a Who Is Hussain Texas representative, has spent the past month organizing Friday’s meal.

“This is all in the spirit of Ramadan,” she said. “Ramadan is all about giving and self-control.”

This is the first time Who Is Hussain has worked with Dallas Life, but Kizilbash hopes sharing the Ramadan meal can become an annual tradition.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/religion ... itions.ece

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:57 pm

I admire the simple life of Warren Buffet then any of people in the royal family. He lives closer to the farmans of Ali then these two bit thugs.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:01 pm

qjbj wrote:I agree the comment was below the belt. However, one must realize once we get used to getting thali every a week then who ever does the cooking in ones family will eventually loose their cooking skills.

The damage done to the art of bhora cooking by Shan Masala is unbelievable.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:29 pm

WHY DOESNT THE LOCAL AMIL SHOW HIS "VALVALO" FOR HIS RING MASTER MUFFY AND ALSO GAIN "SAWAB" INSTEAD OF TROUBLING AGED MEN ?

Ujjain ma Heavy rain ma bhi Faiz-ul-Mawaid-al-Burhaniya na Khidmatguzaro mumineen na ghare ghar thali pahunchavi rahya chhe

9th Shawwal, 1436

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:20 am

if he wont deliver this dabba his 1500 rs/month (30 USD) job would be in trouble so he has to risk his life.

why cant people cook one day in house?

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:35 pm

Most abde do, they are busy making Roti for free.

Dumbledore

Unread post by Dumbledore » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:56 am

Faiz ul mawaid ul burhaniyah
Hawalli kuwait on the occasion of PEHLI TARIKH and 15th AUGUST
Attachments
IMG-20150815-WA0027.jpg
IMG-20150815-WA0028.jpg

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:43 pm

NO "FREEDOM" FROM FORCED DABBA/THAALI EVEN ON "INDEPENDENCE DAY" !!

Faiz-Ul Mawaid-Ul Burhaniya Tiffin distribution on Independence Day

1st Zilqad, 1436

qutub_mamajiwala

Unread post by qutub_mamajiwala » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:38 am

look this selfless service of providing free food
and compare with our forcefully giving fmb thali

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/2015-heroes ... 172982.cms

Mark D'Souza ensures that senior citizens do not worry about where their next meal will come from.

Among the many letters pinned on the wall in Mark D'Souza's Borivli office is one from Grandma Angela. The letter reads, "He saw the desperate state I had reached, and He showed me the way to reach you, and get the help, kindness and warmth of heart that you so readily gave me." Angela Fernandes, 92, is one of over 30 senior citizens who say they have found their 'guardian angel' in 57-yearold D'Souza. For the past three years, he has been hand-delivering dabbas to each of them at their doorstep, free of cost. Many of those he serves now live alone and have no one to care for them. Others are ill or handicapped.

D'Souza got the idea to serve the elderly while talking to his wife in 2012. "After my parents passed away, I really wanted to do something for senior citizens. I am old too. When you grow old yourself, only then can you understand the difficulties that come with it. I told my wife Yvonne that I wanted to do something for the elderly. Within seconds, she fished out Rs 5,000 that she had saved up and I remember her saying, 'Start tomorrow'," he reminisces.

With that money, D'Souza went shopping for dabbas the next day. He then wondered about the menu. The dabbas that go out today carry wholesome food — chapattis, rice, dal, a vegetable dish and, as D'Souza likes to add, "a dollop of love". The food is cooked with minimal salt and spices to make it easily digestible. Sometimes D'Souza also packs ice cream or sweets. On Sundays, he includes chicken or fish. "I keep changing the menu so they don't have to eat the same food over and over. The dabba is sufficient for three meals. It gives me peace to think that they are sleeping on a full stomach," says D'Souza.

Within weeks of beginning service, D'Souza started receiving several calls. There were some who personally visited him. A young man working for a call centre once called on him unexpectedly. "He told me that he needed my help as his uncle and mother were disabled. To make ends meet, he had to take up extra shifts, and he was unable to afford a cook for them. He asked me how much I would charge, and I said nothing. He could not believe it. I told him to go home in peace and I would take care of them. Today, I deliver dabbas to them every day," said D'Souza.

Sharp at noon, D'Souza sets off in his car for his door-to-door deliveries. With a bright, cheery smile on his face, he walks to each door, and hands over the dabbas personally. He does not leave without enquiring about their health and their families. The dabbas are always met with grateful smiles and countless 'God bless yous'.

For D'Souza, this daily ritual is a duty he never misses, come hail or high water. When asked about what gives him the strength to do this every day, he points upwards. "God is giving me the strength to do it. It is because of this work that I can hold my head up high. Whoever comes to me, I always tell them, 'Why do you worry, Mark is here.' Some days I do feel tired, but this work makes me feel young," he signs off with a cheery glint in his eye.

INITIATIVE
Delivery of free food to over 30 senior citizens

THE HERO
Mark D'Souza

NOMINATED FOR
Preparing and hand-delivering meals to the elderly for three years

GETS MY VOTE
Mark gives us food and joy. Few humans have the heart to do so much for those who have no one
Angela Fernandes,
A 92-year-old who has received D'Souza's dabbas for three years

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/2015-heroes ... 172982.cms

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:41 pm

This post was deleted by Admin/Moderators:

From now on all external links to other URLs, YouTube video and so on will be deleted unless a brief summary is provided as to why that is relevant to current topic.

Readers please use caution and your own discretion before clicking on any external links provided by forum writers.

For this post, Dawedaar may repost the link with appropriate description

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:54 am

There u go, basis of starting FMB thaali!
BkckB4nCIAAnXv6.jpg

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:22 pm

MARKETING THE ''PAID'' DABBA THAALI !!

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:47 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:MARKETING THE ''PAID'' DABBA THAALI !!

cpt jack sparrow

Unread post by cpt jack sparrow » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:24 am

Forget hygiene,
What about nutritional value that a human body requires. Rice is used as a filler, full carbs low protein diet.
Apart from that this dabba roti and gulam scheme is not just to make money out of it but to gain control of bohras life.
Waah su nirali shaan chey. All bohras are six packed ripped with these dabba food.

dawedaar

Unread post by dawedaar » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:07 am

Well, its a huge success and convenient for many families nowadays, especially where both husband and wife are working and especially in US where availability of house help is non existent/unaffordable. Hence people, even who are not die hard crazy abdes take tiffin as a means of convenience! I have see making of fmb food closely. It is made with unhealthy ingredients (canned veggies, partially hydrogenated oils ( popularly called dalda ghee which is unhealthy for heart) etc. Everybody knows, food made in a commercial setting is never healthy!
cpt jack sparrow wrote:Forget hygiene,
What about nutritional value that a human body requires. Rice is used as a filler, full carbs low protein diet.
Apart from that this dabba roti and gulam scheme is not just to make money out of it but to gain control of bohras life.
Waah su nirali shaan chey. All bohras are six packed ripped with these dabba food.

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:11 am

bhai forget about the nutritional and money factor....

roti made by mother for her children can never be replaced by any dabba thali...MAA FATEMA(A) made roti for her children just before she was about to leave this world, which shows food made for children from mother can not be replaced by any thing.

bohras should learn some thing from the riwayats they hear all the time in waezez

cpt jack sparrow

Unread post by cpt jack sparrow » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:08 pm

Why does one work?
In general abde cases to pay for lavish life of Mr. Muffs. In common sense a human works to earn money so that one can facilitate basic needs of life and for the family, the most important food. One does not work for 24 hours at a stretch. If you want you can bring change in your life by deciding what you wanna have and what not.
I don't want to elaborate writing a thesis. They were right about this saying. Samjho to Samjho na Samjho na Samjho.

dawedaar wrote:Well, its a huge success and convenient for many families nowadays, especially where both husband and wife are working and especially in US where availability of house help is non existent/unaffordable. Hence people, even who are not die hard crazy abdes take tiffin as a means of convenience! I have see making of fmb food closely. It is made with unhealthy ingredients (canned veggies, partially hydrogenated oils ( popularly called dalda ghee which is unhealthy for heart) etc. Everybody knows, food made in a commercial setting is never healthy!

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:01 am

dawedaar wrote: I have see making of fmb food closely. It is made with unhealthy ingredients (canned veggies, partially hydrogenated oils ( popularly called dalda ghee which is unhealthy for heart) etc. Everybody knows, food made in a commercial setting is never
you are right dawedar, the bohra community kitchens are deplorable at some towns and cities. it was fine to have jaman on certain majlees nights ... body can defend / recover from ocassional jamans like that, but to have it every day is unhealthy.

in mass production of food, near expiry products, damaged food items all are tossed into one. i have seen dripping rain water roofs, cut vegetables, meats, rice placed in open trays (thaals) near open drains loaded with mosquitioes and flies. unhygienic cooking staff be it bohra or non bohra. untied beard, messy ungloved hands dealing food items. washing meat, chicken, rice, vegetables in large collanders with a pvc pipe using corporation or hard borewell water. sometimes, the smell of animal does not go away from chicken or meat.

jaman is central to bohra social gatherings. it is one of the prime enticer by kothar. they must invest in high catering technology to feed the abde ghetaas in such large number, train or hire trained cooking staff and please pay them well.

amils and higher up jamaat thugs know the depressing cooking condition of the mass produced jaman. they have seperate kitchen utensils, cook and section for thier balanced meal cooking in pristine forms. even the menu differs.

Al-Noor

Unread post by Al-Noor » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:37 am

humanbeing wrote:
dawedaar wrote: I have see making of fmb food closely. It is made with unhealthy ingredients (canned veggies, partially hydrogenated oils ( popularly called dalda ghee which is unhealthy for heart) etc. Everybody knows, food made in a commercial setting is never
you are right dawedar, the bohra community kitchens are deplorable at some towns and cities. it was fine to have jaman on certain majlees nights ... body can defend / recover from ocassional jamans like that, but to have it every day is unhealthy.

in mass production of food, near expiry products, damaged food items all are tossed into one. i have seen dripping rain water roofs, cut vegetables, meats, rice placed in open trays (thaals) near open drains loaded with mosquitioes and flies. unhygienic cooking staff be it bohra or non bohra. untied beard, messy ungloved hands dealing food items. washing meat, chicken, rice, vegetables in large collanders with a pvc pipe using corporation or hard borewell water. sometimes, the smell of animal does not go away from chicken or meat.

jaman is central to bohra social gatherings. it is one of the prime enticer by kothar. they must invest in high catering technology to feed the abde ghetaas in such large number, train or hire trained cooking staff and please pay them well.

amils and higher up jamaat thugs know the depressing cooking condition of the mass produced jaman. they have seperate kitchen utensils, cook and section for thier balanced meal cooking in pristine forms. even the menu differs.
after reading this I am feeling sick :oops: I cant imagine young kids eating all these shiit and losing concentration in studies and finally lagging behind in sports and every thing else, I hope people read and educate them self soon.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:37 am

the FMB idea is stubbornly implemented to save face and reputation of muffy maula .. they need to drum up some scheme or another to keep abdes entertained. however the sheen and shine of FMB is fading out .. nothing is permanent, this cartoon scheme too will die down. roti making fanfare is already subdued.

when I hear foolish abdes .. i actually feel good about FMB .. this idiots deserve to consume low quality food.

Tayyeb

Unread post by Tayyeb » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:29 am

sick and tired of making small size rotis which is not enough for your appetite? solution is here.
Attachments
images (1).jpg
images (1).jpg (8.56 KiB) Viewed 5917 times

I Rizwan

Unread post by I Rizwan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:30 pm

muffy wrong number hain
Attachments
download (3).jpg
download (3).jpg (8.43 KiB) Viewed 5091 times
aaaaa.jpg