Dabba Thali hygiene concern

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Rebel

Re: Dabba Thali hygiene concern

Unread post by Rebel » Mon May 05, 2014 6:07 am

Akhtiar Wahid wrote:According to the Hanafi School of Islamic law, seven things from a Halal and lawfully-slaughtered animal cannot be eaten. The first of these seven items has been emphatically forbidden by a decisive text of the Qur'an, hence it is unlawful (haram) to consume it; whereas consuming the other six items is considered prohibitively disliked (makruh tahrim), because there is no decisive text regarding their prohibition although their prohibitive dislike is proven through non decisive texts. (See: Bada'i al-Sana'i 5/61)

The seven things are as follows:

1) Flowing Blood

The prohibition of consuming blood that flows has been proven through a decisive text of the Qur'an. Allah Most High says in the Qur'an:

'Say, I do not find, in what has been revealed to me anything [out of the cattle under discussion] prohibited for anyone who eats it, unless it be carrion, or blood that pours forth, or flesh of swine – because it is impure – or there be an animal slaughtered sinfully by invoking on it the name of someone other than Allah….' (Surah al-An'am, V: 146)

2) Penis

3) Testicles

4) Vulva (external parts of the female genitalia)

5) Glands

6) Urinary bladder

7) Gall-bladder

Allah Most High says:

'…for he allows them as lawful what is pure and makes unlawful for them filthy things …' (Surat al-A'raf, V: 157)

This verse of Surat al-A'raf signifies that 'filthy things (khaba'ith)' have been prohibited by Allah and His Messenger (Allah bless him & give him peace). The term used in the Qur'an is 'khaba'ith' which refers to things whose consumption would be detested by sound natured people. As such, the Hanafi jurists have ruled that the consumption of the above mentioned six things from a Halal animal is Makruh Tahrim, since they are of the filthy things (khaba'ith) entailed by the verse of the Qur'an.

HOW CAN THESE YAZEEDI SHEZADAS EAT ENTAILS ETC, IF IT IS PROHIBITED IN QURAN. IF THAT IS THE CASE THAN I AM SORRY TO SAY WE ARE FOLLOWING THE WRONG SECT OF ISLAM.
This is certainly bad news - so why would they eat these food which is considered makruh? If the mullahs themselves indulge in practices which is considered illegal than they are certainly setting bad examples for others to follow.
I would not say our sect is not completely off the track with the Islamic principles. It has some very good practices as well, however, the inclusion of Hindu rituals has taken off the true principles of Islam from its daily practices and additions of weird ideologies such as reading Quran without meaning beats my mind. And the mullahs needs to be reformed and make themselves compassionate towards the oppressed instead of oppressing the community people.
Why do people call these mullahs shehzadas? They are humans like us, not divine. Have we created caste system in which classes have been designated to certain group of people?

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Mon May 05, 2014 6:35 am

What about “hujree” what does it mean in English ? some people make “Samosa” out of it ? It tastes weird !!

james

Unread post by james » Mon May 05, 2014 6:38 am

On the one word of notorious armchair warrior Saaed ul Khair , the morons have gone to town on this topic without substantiating any facts whatsoever. So much so that the Khuzaima supporters are quoting from Hanafi fiqh and abusing the hudood kiraam of Muqaddas Maula RA. :roll:

You just couldn't make it up . :mrgreen:

Invictius

Unread post by Invictius » Mon May 05, 2014 10:28 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:MS has done mass publicity alongwith the so called virtues, barkat and shifa for this dabba/thaali scheme. Now if that's the case then why doesn't any Bohra question him as to why MS and his large extended family themselves do not eat from the same dabbas !! They should permanently close down the huge kitchen at Saifee Mahal and sack the army of cooks employed in Saifee Mahal alongwith extra cooks stationed at every individual house of zaadas !
Chill. I don't think you really care, either way. Which whatsapp message told you Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin (T.U.S.) and the Kasr-e-ali do not eat the food of Faiz-al Mawaid-al Burhaniyah? Please cite one another of the famous whatsapp messages you seemingly keep receiving. Refrain from making inconclusive and ridiculous allegations, which apparently, only you seem to highlight. Will never help your pathetic cause. Also, you do realise that FMB caters to one meal a day, and you would require a kitchen to cater to the other meals in a day. I'd suggest you rather permanently close down your sham of an account on this forum and actually go do something about your cause, if you can. We know you can't and won't, but still.

questions

Unread post by questions » Mon May 05, 2014 11:05 am

She said - No bread ? Let them eat cake.
He says - Cant afford DCP? let them eat kapooras !! :mrgreen:

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon May 05, 2014 3:32 pm

Invictius wrote:Which whatsapp message told you Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin (T.U.S.) and the Kasr-e-ali do not eat the food of Faiz-al Mawaid-al Burhaniyah?
One doesn't need to surf through watsup to know this simple fact as there are ample photographs showing him eating the labrez jaman in Thaals ! BTW, If you can prove otherwise and show us how he and his parasite family eats from the regular daabas then please do so !
Invictius wrote:I'd suggest you rather permanently close down your sham of an account on this forum and actually go do something about your cause, if you can. We know you can't and won't, but still.

It would be better if you mind your own business instead of throwing tantrums as you have no constructive argument to make. Don't try to gather brownie points with your senseless rants !!

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Mon May 05, 2014 3:58 pm

foolish comments, inspite of all the differences i state with responsibility that the quality of food in fmb thaali in my city is very good in all respects, i have seen more then 5 kitchens where this food is prepared and the hygiene standard is much higher then commercial kitchens that you see, the quality of ingredients used is very high, infact iam a witness to the fact that bags of rice were going back as they were little inferior to the quality that was earlier procured, therefore please dont pass stupid arguments if you are unaware of the facts wasting the readers time and misguiding them.

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Tue May 06, 2014 12:48 am

I acknowledge what gm bhai has written. Salaar bhai just like you i had also experience but in other way the quality of food is not upto mark more water is added in tarkari and they give ne combination one time we had been served simple chawal with soup and also the qty was very less. We had discontinue taking thali frm last 1 yr and am pretty sure they will definitely ask for fmb money if we go for any raza because whole purpose of this thali is to extract money and not to serve needy.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue May 06, 2014 2:08 am

salaar wrote:foolish comments, inspite of all the differences i state with responsibility that the quality of food in fmb thaali in my city is very good in all respects, i have seen more then 5 kitchens where this food is prepared and the hygiene standard is much higher then commercial kitchens that you see, the quality of ingredients used is very high, infact iam a witness to the fact that bags of rice were going back as they were little inferior to the quality that was earlier procured, therefore please dont pass stupid arguments if you are unaware of the facts wasting the readers time and misguiding them.
The debate on dabba hygiene is very subjective. I have observed quiet a few kitchens and observations were mixed. Primary responsibility is on the cooking staff and infrastructure provided by jamaat to maintain standards. Being a large public scheme, it is not possible to maintain same standards. The solution I suggest is local people’s involvement. They must inspect the premises and decide for themselves if they wish to consume from those kitchens. I had subscribed to Dabba Food from my regional markaz for 1 month and observed the variety and quality of food. Some days good, Some Days bad ! part of life, but cooking and quality was inferior. I went to observe the kitchen and was not pleased with way of cooking and hygiene standards so I discountinued.

But when I visited other regional markaz, I found kitchen to be organized and acceptable to some degree. But I cannot subscribe from those as I do not come under their management.

Stories of forceful dabba subscription are random stories I hear. I and many such others are not forced to take or pay !

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Tue May 06, 2014 2:50 am

In India areas which belongs to rich guys gets good quality food, but those areas were poor people resides they get LAMBA PANI waali tarkari and khichdo almost every day, food is like jail and most people are forced to pay for it.

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Tue May 06, 2014 6:36 am

almost everyday???? :roll: :lol: :lol:

tasneempati

Unread post by tasneempati » Tue May 06, 2014 6:46 am

Aa Dabba Thali system Bohri Bairao ne Haramkhor banawi lidhu che. Pakawa nu kaam na howa thi bohri bairao yahan nee wahan kare ane aakh diwas sootee rahe che.

Invictius

Unread post by Invictius » Tue May 06, 2014 7:05 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:
Invictius wrote:Which whatsapp message told you Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin (T.U.S.) and the Kasr-e-ali do not eat the food of Faiz-al Mawaid-al Burhaniyah?
One doesn't need to surf through watsup to know this simple fact as there are ample photographs showing him eating the labrez jaman in Thaals ! BTW, If you can prove otherwise and show us how he and his parasite family eats from the regular daabas then please do so !
Invictius wrote:I'd suggest you rather permanently close down your sham of an account on this forum and actually go do something about your cause, if you can. We know you can't and won't, but still.

It would be better if you mind your own business instead of throwing tantrums as you have no constructive argument to make. Don't try to gather brownie points with your senseless rants !!
You seem to be most adept at receiving such messages on whatsapp. Hence I raised that point. As far as I am aware, the one making the allegations has to prove his argument with facts. Please post such pictures substantiating your claims if you can. But obviously, you cannot. Senseless rants you say? That seems to be your forte. :lol:

Invictius

Unread post by Invictius » Tue May 06, 2014 7:37 am

Sufi monk wrote:In India areas which belongs to rich guys gets good quality food, but those areas were poor people resides they get LAMBA PANI waali tarkari and khichdo almost every day, food is like jail and most people are forced to pay for it.
Oh shut up. One of the main purposes of having the system of FMB is to ensure equality among all Mumineen with regard to food. The food is prepared uniformly for every single family. The very same food is distributed to each family. Stop inciting others on this forum with your ridiculous claims. There is absolutely no disparity in the food served to the rich, middle or lower income families. Uniting Mumineen with respect to food is a motive behind this system.

With regard to quality, quantity and hygiene, there have been issues, which people should help their local jamaats with, rather than criticizing it. When you get a problem, you solve it. Do not crib. It is because of people like you that our country will never progress. All you can do is rant from the sidelines. As far as I am aware, concerted efforts have been made to ensure good quality and hygiene, as well as a good variety of food in FMB. You can well raise your grievances with the Jamaat. Suggestions and inputs are always welcome, with regard to menu, food content, quality, quantity and hygiene. That is what keeps any system in the world effective and successful. Try contributing to your community, rather than plaguing and maligning it at every opportunity you get.

With regard to your issue of alleged forced payment for FMB, I would like to point out to you that FMB caters meals 100% free of cost to all those below a certain minimum income. 30% of the FMB meals are provided free of cost to people having low income in my Jamaat. For those who have a reasonable income, there is a certain nominal amount charged per month/year, which covers all costs of cooking, packaging, salaries of cooks/cleaners etc. There is no question of any profit being made in the FMB system. Prove me wrong with relevant documents if you can. In fact, people of higher income often contribute generous amounts voluntarily to FMB that is much in excess of what is due from them, which makes up for the deficit created by those to whom FMB is provided free of cost and those who do not pay the requisite amount, despite financial ability to do so. Families in the upper and middle income bracket have voluntarily contributed in the form of sponsoring one day's Thaali to one family, one day's Thaali to the entire Jamaat, one month's Thaali to the entire Jamaat, and so on.

I hope I have been able to dispel any concerns and discredit any unsubstantiated allegations made in this thread.

No system is perfect. It has to be made so, by active participation of all community members. Play your part. Criticism is never the solution.

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Tue May 06, 2014 7:51 am

Invictius wrote:There is absolutely no disparity in the food served to the rich, middle or lower income families. Uniting Mumineen with respect to food is a motive behind this system.
Well this motive seems to be defeated at Kuwait jamaat ! During Muharram / Ramadan or other majlises, Sheikhs and Mullahs as well as other influential contacts sit in a reserved place with separate green color “safraa” with dedicated staff taking care of them, separate cutlery, additional varieties and hand washing ceremonial facility.

There was an instance, at the dawn of lailatul Qadr, after conclusion of prayers, we circled to form a thaal and few minutes later we were pushed up to get up and go somewhere else, as that place Infact the section was to be reserved for Sheikhs and mullahs. I observed from the sidelines, flattery that was going on. They even barricaded the section with dividers. What pompousness and feudal mentality !

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Tue May 06, 2014 8:45 am

oh really so FMB was on idea for equality?

then why menu in different areas of SURAT/MUMBAI and AHMEDABAD are different according to rich and poor areas?

fustrate_Bohra

Unread post by fustrate_Bohra » Tue May 06, 2014 8:55 am

Invictius wrote:
Sufi monk wrote:In India areas which belongs to rich guys gets good quality food, but those areas were poor people resides they get LAMBA PANI waali tarkari and khichdo almost every day, food is like jail and most people are forced to pay for it.
With regard to quality, quantity and hygiene, there have been issues, which people should help their local jamaats with, rather than criticizing it. When you get a problem, you solve it. Do not crib. It is because of people like you that our country will never progress. All you can do is rant from the sidelines. As far as I am aware, concerted efforts have been made to ensure good quality and hygiene, as well as a good variety of food in FMB. You can well raise your grievances with the Jamaat. Suggestions and inputs are always welcome, with regard to menu, food content, quality, quantity and hygiene. That is what keeps any system in the world effective and successful. Try contributing to your community, rather than plaguing and maligning it at every opportunity you get.

The Aamil in our region openly stated in masjid that "Agar Jaman ochu hoi, saru na hoi to shikayat nahin karvanu aa barakat che ane aani behummati nahin karvani"

With regard to your issue of alleged forced payment for FMB, I would like to point out to you that FMB caters meals 100% free of cost to all those below a certain minimum income. 30% of the FMB meals are provided free of cost to people having low income in my Jamaat. For those who have a reasonable income, there is a certain nominal amount charged per month/year, which covers all costs of cooking, packaging, salaries of cooks/cleaners etc. There is no question of any profit being made in the FMB system. Prove me wrong with relevant documents if you can. In fact, people of higher income often contribute generous amounts voluntarily to FMB that is much in excess of what is due from them, which makes up for the deficit created by those to whom FMB is provided free of cost and those who do not pay the requisite amount, despite financial ability to do so. Families in the upper and middle income bracket have voluntarily contributed in the form of sponsoring one day's Thaali to one family, one day's Thaali to the entire Jamaat, one month's Thaali to the entire Jamaat, and so on.

I challenge this point as i myself has experienced forceful extortion of money for fmb during ramadaan, few of my neighbours who denied to pay money after experiencing worst quality and less quantity of food for them the Aamil has written "Barakat nahin thai" on the form. If possible i will definitely attached the scan copy of the form.

I hope I have been able to dispel any concerns and discredit any unsubstantiated allegations made in this thread.

No system is perfect. It has to be made so, by active participation of all community members. Play your part. Criticism is never the solution.
Thali is a very good concept and should be restricted only to needy Bohra. Fund for thali should be consider from various taxes collected from us and no additional money should be collected for this.

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Tue May 06, 2014 10:22 am

Its all about hygiene, hygiene and hygiene....

Would like to know what reformist have to say about this:

http://dawoodi-bohras.com/news/1396/107 ... e_comment/

I bet no one can beat this hygienic standards....The chief cook looks very perfect in culinary skills and hygiene

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue May 06, 2014 5:09 pm

As regards forcing the dabba/thaali down the throat or to say forcing people to pay for it irrespective of whether they want it or not, I can safely say that it is absolutely TRUE. I can quote a couple of incidents in Surat wherein a relative who went for Galiakot ziyarat couldn't get a room to stay as he had not subscribed to the dabba/thaali scheme. In the second case, another person got his qarz e hasanah loan disbursed only after he paid an advance yearly amount for the thaali.

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue May 06, 2014 5:39 pm

It can be made by simply showing us the receipts for an entire whole month or two. We get to choose the months. We can designate the families evaluations from the area. This can solve all the bickering.

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Tue May 06, 2014 10:36 pm

ghulam muhammed wrote:As regards forcing the dabba/thaali down the throat or to say forcing people to pay for it irrespective of whether they want it or not, I can safely say that it is absolutely TRUE. I can quote a couple of incidents in Surat wherein a relative who went for Galiakot ziyarat couldn't get a room to stay as he had not subscribed to the dabba/thaali scheme. In the second case, another person got his qarz e hasanah loan disbursed only after he paid an advance yearly amount for the thaali.
And how would galiakot people know that your relative has not subscribed for thaali.... :shock:

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Wed May 07, 2014 1:00 am

true_bohra wrote:Its all about hygiene, hygiene and hygiene....

I bet no one can beat this hygienic standards....The chief cook looks very perfect in culinary skills and hygiene
your tiny brain is not able to understand simple point of this thread let me explain it again.

of course maintaining hygiene specially cooking for hundreds is hard, this is why it is always good if such food is consume once in a while (it won't have serious impact on health)

but if such food is consume on daily basis, it can affect really bad.

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Wed May 07, 2014 10:42 am

I heard that this dabba scheme has benefited the working women as they no longer have to make food after returning form home and food from the dabba helps in feed their families. This is certainly a benefit.
As for the hygiene I seriously doubt the cooks would have concern for hygiene as most of the cooks and their assistants are not community members, they are hired and not literate in hygiene at all. Not to mention, the type of oil they use and reuse in cooking would have disastrous effects on the human body.

saminaben

Unread post by saminaben » Wed May 07, 2014 9:07 pm

You people are arguing over the snapshot you see of parts of the gigantic elephant - you can only capture the picture depending on where you are and what you focus on.

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Thu May 08, 2014 1:46 am

Sufi monk wrote:
true_bohra wrote:Its all about hygiene, hygiene and hygiene....

your tiny brain is not able to understand simple point of this thread let me explain it again.

of course maintaining hygiene specially cooking for hundreds is hard, this is why it is always good if such food is consume once in a while (it won't have serious impact on health)

but if such food is consume on daily basis, it can affect really bad.
Now who is tiny brain???

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Thu May 08, 2014 2:02 am

I went to my local Indian grocery and all the classic high grade basmati from India and spices is at inflated price lately while Pakistani basmati is still cheaper but crap and mushy

My wife argued with the banyan and he said the prices are high from India and something about floods

Now something struck me , is it the tiffin that has created high demand that is causing global price hikes ?

Is this a global experience

If true another reason why we should blame SMS tiffin economy

tasneempati

Unread post by tasneempati » Thu May 08, 2014 5:34 am

You moron you are talking nonsense. Which place do you belongs to? Where did you find Banyan ( Bania) & Indian & Pakistani food articles in same shop.
Bohra spring wrote:I went to my local Indian grocery and all the classic high grade basmati from India and spices is at inflated price lately while Pakistani basmati is still cheaper but crap and mushy

My wife argued with the banyan and he said the prices are high from India and something about floods

Now something struck me , is it the tiffin that has created high demand that is causing global price hikes ?

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Thu May 08, 2014 7:40 am

tasneempati wrote:You moron you are talking nonsense. Which place do you belongs to? Where did you find Banyan ( Bania) & Indian & Pakistani food articles in same shop.
Bohra spring wrote:I went to my local Indian grocery and all the classic high grade basmati from India and spices is at inflated price lately while Pakistani basmati is still cheaper but crap and mushy

TP there is world outside Hindustan where bania or banyan grocery have no problem selling Pakistani , Sri Lankan , Indian , Afghan foodstuff side by side . They are also happy to sell halal lamb in the same shop while they sell Hindu stuff ...try stepping outside your world! You surely don't have a concept of the west!

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Thu May 08, 2014 8:53 am

tasneempati wrote:You moron you are talking nonsense. Which place do you belongs to? Where did you find Banyan ( Bania) & Indian & Pakistani food articles in same shop.

ever heard about desi shop?

In develop world we have these shops where Indian and pakistani sell goods in same shop.

tasneempati

Unread post by tasneempati » Sun May 11, 2014 6:37 am

Sufi monk wrote:
ever heard about desi shop?

In develop world we have these shops where Indian and pakistani sell goods in same shop.
You "creepy creature" Sufi Monk, In so called develop world you can always find grocery stores selling goods from both the countries, but I doubt if there are banyas there.