Dabba Thali hygiene concern

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
AgnosticIndian

Re: Dabba Thali hygiene concern

Unread post by AgnosticIndian » Sun May 11, 2014 7:00 am

@ tasneem
You will find "banias" everywhere in the world especially english speaking countries.

Much has i hate the thali & its unsavory,unpalatable food that i have no choice but to eat, i have to ROTFL that this thali system has caused hike in global food prices! One million people causing food price hike for 7 billion humans. ROTFLMAO

maddy

Unread post by maddy » Tue May 13, 2014 12:29 pm

Salam
Aje dahod najmi mohalla ma tiffin,ma dal aavi che.
Je kharab che.
Najmi mohalla na tanjim kamiti na member(jujer gulgullawala) ne vat karta e bhai hath ucha kari didha hata.

JC

Unread post by JC » Tue May 13, 2014 2:06 pm

Dabba Thali is DOOMED ........... :o

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Wed May 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Tasneempatti:

A woman who was new at a vegetable market was inquiring a vendor and the conversation went something like this:

Pointing at a pile of tomatoes she asked where these tomatoes were from? And then went on to point at different piles of tamatoes and repeated the question. To which the vendor said: from Spain, from England, from Italy and so on. Next she went over to a piles of apples and asked the same question and the vendor obliged and told her where they were from. As she was about to move to piles of carrots the vendor asked her "You do not want to sleep with them, do you?"

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Thu May 15, 2014 1:16 am

I have a sincere question, and I hope I will get reply from abdes.

when muffy travels different cities, does he eats from local jamat dabba thali? or special food is cooked for him? and if yes then why not eat from these dabba thalis, which he promotes religiously?

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Thu May 15, 2014 5:08 am

Sufi monk wrote:I have a sincere question, and I hope I will get reply from abdes.

when muffy travels different cities, does he eats from local jamat dabba thali? or special food is cooked for him? and if yes then why not eat from these dabba thalis, which he promotes religiously?
What do you think or what do abdes believe ....if one who would not touch your skin when you greet him would eat the food made for your anatomy ?

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Thu May 15, 2014 5:23 am

Bohra spring wrote:
Sufi monk wrote:I have a sincere question, and I hope I will get reply from abdes.

What do you think or what do abdes believe ....if one who would not touch your skin when you greet him would eat the food made for your anatomy ?
yes I know brother, I am just trying to show how hypocrite and double face this muffy is.

he wants people to eat this unhygienic food, but when it comes to him and his family, he wants separate food.

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Thu May 15, 2014 8:54 am

It is understood he would need separate food, remember the class system, he is considered God of Earth, Gods don't eat the same food, they need better food with high class cutlery in their thals and well-decorated with additional items not present in the thals of community members. Community members embers will be served rice after rice and kothar will be served chicken after chicken or mutton after mutton.

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Thu May 15, 2014 9:14 am

Rebel wrote:It is understood he would need separate food, remember the class system, he is considered God of Earth, Gods don't eat the same food, they need better food with high class cutlery in their thals and well-decorated with additional items not present in the thals of community members. Community members embers will be served rice after rice and kothar will be served chicken after chicken or mutton after mutton.
you have portrait the picture well. :idea:

Rebel

Unread post by Rebel » Thu May 15, 2014 7:18 pm

Lol...plates of rice after rice in mumineens and mumineens thals and they would be fingering to find boti in rice but unfortunately they won't find it because all the botis and tikkas are in bhaisahebs thals...poor community members have to tolerate eating rice and fill their tummies. :D

UnhappyBohra

Re: Dawoodi Bohra's Succession of Dai Case in Mumbai High Co

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:16 pm

One man's truth is another man's fitnah. Good to make rotis, even better to speak the truth.

Let me break some news to you. Roti making is not an MS invention. People have been making for centuries and will continue to do so. People have also been cooking for their families and pouring their mohabbat into their cooking for centuries. But MS has put and end to all that with the thaali system. Also if mohabbat is supposed to be poured into the rotis you make, I am not sure how I feel about distributing my wife's rotis through the thaali system and them being eaten by unknown men of the jamaat....yuk!

alivasan

Unread post by alivasan » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:23 am

YaHussain wrote:
Akhtiar Wahid wrote:What about the judgement of you Muffadali Bohras on the judgement day! Because your master muffy has said that " JE ROTI NAHEE BANAWEY EHNEY MOULATENA FATEMA NI SHAAFAAT MALSE KE NAHEE".
Now kiddo go toss some rotis on your tawa! for your judgement!
making roti is better than creating fitnah

Applies aptly to so called modern bohra women know how to misuse 498a, how to resort to legal terror, but unfortunately in pics I see old kakajis and some fanatics playing with belan.what a shame.girls have become tomboyish and poor guys playing with belans.what is future of bohra household, guess going to be exactly opp to what it used to be in past..

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:05 pm

New Calender For The Hijri 1436 Distributed By Faiz ul Mawaid il Burhaniyah With Full Thali Menu For The Whole Year In Sunel

Universaldad

Unread post by Universaldad » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:14 am

Bohra spring wrote:

Suffering Sufi, the answer is yes, SMS TUS does have the FMB meal every where he goes. This is a fact.

now how does this matter to you Sufi and to you Spring?

Universaldad

Unread post by Universaldad » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:17 am

ghulam muhammed wrote:New Calender For The Hijri 1436 Distributed By Faiz ul Mawaid il Burhaniyah With Full Thali Menu For The Whole Year In Sunel

This is the practice in every FMB jamaat.

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:29 am

Rebel wrote:Lol...plates of rice after rice in mumineens and mumineens thals and they would be fingering to find boti in rice but unfortunately they won't find it because all the botis and tikkas are in bhaisahebs thals...poor community members have to tolerate eating rice and fill their tummies. :D
So so true! During Shehrullah our Aamil always wondered why we complained about the food served in mawaid. He said he had no cause for complaint! Obviously! He was being served all the meat, extra dishes, fruit in the end and soda and Perrier to wash it all down while we ate rice without meat after a whole day's roza!

UnhappyBohra

Unread post by UnhappyBohra » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:34 am

Universaldad wrote:
Suffering Sufi, the answer is yes, SMS TUS does have the FMB meal every where he goes. This is a fact.
Sure... One niwala for token and then he stuffs his face with raan, chicken tandoori, some soup, a fancy salad on the side, an ice cream to top it off, some cakes delivered by Olympic swimmers in ganjis.....

Universaldad

Unread post by Universaldad » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:48 am

alivasan wrote:
YaHussain wrote: making roti is better than creating fitnah

Applies aptly to so called modern bohra women know how to misuse 498a, how to resort to legal terror, but unfortunately in pics I see old kakajis and some fanatics playing with belan.what a shame.girls have become tomboyish and poor guys playing with belans.what is future of bohra household, guess going to be exactly opp to what it used to be in past..

Funny to see how the stomach of Khozemites and their reformist friends ache on knowing about the success of FMB and Roti program. Glad to know that you are away from this naemat.

mukhtaarhusain

Unread post by mukhtaarhusain » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:23 am

Universaldad wrote:
Bohra spring wrote: What do you think or what do abdes believe ....if one who would not touch your skin when you greet him would eat the food made for your anatomy ?

This is not true..The Local Aamil does not eat of the so called Moula ni Thali's food...Then SMS N HIS GANG won't even touch it...They eat only Home cooked food...n not cooked in jumat khana...even the other stuff like crockery n all should not b of jumaat khana..

Universaldad

Unread post by Universaldad » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:33 am

mukhtaarhusain wrote:
Universaldad wrote: Suffering Sufi, the answer is yes, SMS TUS does have the FMB meal every where he goes. This is a fact.

This is not true..The Local Aamil does not eat of the so called Moula ni Thali's food...Then SMS N HIS GANG won't even touch it...They eat only Home cooked food...n not cooked in jumat khana...even the other stuff like crockery n all should not b of jumaat khana..

And you know this because.....

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:40 am

YaHussain wrote:
amazingly this was my 110 post, naare haideri YA ALI
thats cause you are behaving yourself. dont delude yourself into thinking we dont know. i spotted you on your second post. dont believe me? ask around

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:32 am

Unhappy bohra: I like your choice of words "Olympic swimmers in ganjis..".
Yes, I saw that photo on this site.
Next they will be delivering the Vohraji no loto tied to the ijaar Nara!

Dumbledore

Unread post by Dumbledore » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:11 am

mukhtaarhusain wrote:
Universaldad wrote: Suffering Sufi, the answer is yes, SMS TUS does have the FMB meal every where he goes. This is a fact.

True...they wont eat fmb food...even zadaas do not eat fmb food

Crater Lake

Unread post by Crater Lake » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:43 am

Universaldad wrote:
alivasan wrote:

Funny to see how the stomach of Khozemites and their reformist friends ache on knowing about the success of FMB and Roti program. Glad to know that you are away from this naemat.
That's a loose definition of success, I assume. Our relatives in India still take the thaali because they are forced to and they complain that even the servants refuse to take the food home. It goes straight in the garbage. When we took it, I must admit that after a week in the fridge, when the containers had piled up, we were forced to throw most of it away. Only the daal and rice was usable and that too after a lot of fixing.... It is the few people who actually eat the thaali who have a stomach ache.

Alhamdolillah, those who follow Qutbuddin Aqa TUS, cook what they want, eat what they want and it is always prepared freshly and with great care with the best ingredients at home :)

think_for_yourself

Unread post by think_for_yourself » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:13 am

Crater Lake wrote: That's a loose definition of success, I assume. Our relatives in India still take the thaali because they are forced to and they complain that even the servants refuse to take the food home. It goes straight in the garbage. When we took it, I must admit that after a week in the fridge, when the containers had piled up, we were forced to throw most of it away. Only the daal and rice was usable and that too after a lot of fixing.... It is the few people who actually eat the thaali who have a stomach ache.

Alhamdolillah, those who follow Qutbuddin Aqa TUS, cook what they want, eat what they want and it is always prepared freshly and with great care with the best ingredients at home :)
It's funny how many new fears are being instilled in the [DELETED] . Fear of having to give up thaali and cooking for yourself, fear of being socially boycotted, fear of not having deen in your life...Having gotten out of the system, I realize how artificial all these fears were. At least here in the west. I approached cooking for my family with a new gusto after the misery of the last two years of thaali. We now eat healthier, fresher and better than ever before. I am trying out new foods and new recipes. Our friends are fewer but truer and deen is pure and uncorrupted in our lives. Also it does not take up 5 hours of our time at every miqat!

humanbeing

Unread post by humanbeing » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:42 am

Even the staunchest abde fix the thaali food at home, with extra tadka and masala. Also they cook extra at home as thaali food may not be sufficient. This haphazard scheme is affecting the food budget and planning of common households in weird ways. I am not totally against thaali system, it is a good intiative for needy, but not everybody. Plus they need to get over this salwaat and barakati tags put into practical needs. People are consuming the thaali more like a ritual than nutrition. The essence of piety, faith and worship are twisted by kothar in weird ways.

The overdose of salwaat, & barkaati thaali diminish the value and respect that such niyaaz / jaman used to command earlier. There was a time, where people used to be content with limited food, simple menu and consume with hamd and shukr to extent that they would pick the rice grains off the safra. Kothar understands very well, way to abde’s pockets are through his tummy.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:52 am

Plus they need to get over this salwaat and barakati tags put into practical needs. People are consuming the thaali more like a ritual than nutrition. The essence of piety, faith and worship are twisted by kothar in weird ways.
My friend this mantra of Salwaat- Barakat -Moula ni Kushi is which keeps this Ayash in business since Abdes/Amtes have limited brain capacity to absorb the meaning of these overused words.
Does any one shed light if SKQ and his Aamils are using these words?

adna_mumin

Unread post by adna_mumin » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:01 pm

Crater Lake wrote:
Universaldad wrote:
That's a loose definition of success, I assume. Our relatives in India still take the thaali because they are forced to and they complain that even the servants refuse to take the food home. It goes straight in the garbage. When we took it, I must admit that after a week in the fridge, when the containers had piled up, we were forced to throw most of it away. Only the daal and rice was usable and that too after a lot of fixing.... It is the few people who actually eat the thaali who have a stomach ache.

The opinion of "normal" / "ordinary"/ "peace loving" / "non-confrontational" of the community which must be conservatively upward of 80% is somewhere in between the 2 extremes above.

@Crater Lake - it does not behove any human being least of all those professing imaan to berate food: whether in name of "Thaali" or any other. Let me elaborate.

The few cases i have come across where maids "refuse" this food is where the "mumin" family do not have the courage to say "No" to accepting the delivered food inspite of not liking the taste... and then conveniently want to, on daily basis pass it on to their helpers (maids).

The quantity is for the "mumin" family (based on # of members) and it is many times the size of the maid's family.
The poor maid family themselves have the same guilt conscience and wont like to throw food and therefore refuse to accept it.

I have seen some of those families then find a middle ground - get the bare minimum acknowledging "barakat" and cook for themselves.

@Universaldad - seeing venom of your posts i thought few times before writing this. Try hard to come out of your "Utopia". If you cannot write without name calling, best to keep shut than open your foul mouth and damage the cause of fellow mohibbeen of Syedna Burhanuddin RA.

@Admin May be this discussion should move to the right thread?

Crater Lake

Unread post by Crater Lake » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:46 pm

adna_mumin wrote: @Crater Lake - it does not behove any human being least of all those professing imaan to berate food: whether in name of "Thaali" or any other. Let me elaborate.
Indeed! Hated how much food we were forced to throw because even at the minimum amount, some dishes were just inedible. We have no reason to throw food away anymore.

Also in our jamaat, thaali was not optional. All kinds of mind games were used to force us to take it and pay exorbitant amounts for the "barakaat." Indeed we were still relatively blind then and accepted what the jerk said without question.

ghulam muhammed

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:07 pm

The crux of the problem is that the Thaali is FORCED upon Bohras !! There are instances when Bohras were not given rooms in Galiakot and Burhanpur as they had not subscribed to the Thaali scam. There are also instances wherein the Amil insists on the receipt of money paid towards the Thaali scam when Bohras go to him for qardan hasanah. hence this has now become "mandatory" and not "voluntarily"