mohamedshah wrote:How I see the issue about the succession dispute for the 53rd Dai of our Community the Dawoodi Bohra's and why I feel the Mazoom of Sydna Mohamed Burhanuddin (RA), Syedi Khuzeima Qutbudin (TUS) is on the right i.e Haqq.
The succession dispute should be seen from the angle of what is right (Haqq) rather than who is right. This is because non of the contenders are Imam Ali (AS), who we believe was on Haqq ab initio. We (the human race) have been given Aql/Intellect which differentiates us from other creatures created by Allah Subhanahu, including angels, who do not have to make a choice. We are further distinguished as the followers of Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) and his Blessed Progeny and have their examples in various positions they took on issues/challenges of their time. The positions they took differed depending on the time they were in. Example from the actions/position of Panjatan Pak (I wish to believe irrespective of our present religio/ socio/political position - we respect them and have a desire to emulate them to the best of our ability). We all have recited or heard the dua " Innalaha Wa malaikatuhu, yusaluna wa ahlen Nabi, Ya ayuhal lazina wa Salimu huwa taslima" Alahum Saliallah Mohamedin Wa ahle Muhammadin Wabarik Wasalim.
Imam Ali (AS) refuses initially to give Baiyah to Caliph AbuBakr, after death of Maa Fatema tus Zahra (AS) after around 6 months gives the Baiyah, After Caliph Umar died Imam Ali could have accepted the conditions of the Shura council and would have become the 3rd Caliph of the Muslim Empire (we have to distinguish between the Islamic Empire left by the Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) and the faith of Islam which he completed - Islam existed since Adam (AS) time), however Imam Ali (AS) took the principled stand that he will rule the Islamic Empire by the Quran, Sunnah of the Prophet and his own opinion rather than the footsteps of the preceding 2 Caliphs which the Shura demanded. He subsequently after Caliph Uthman's death accepted the Caliphate of the Muslim Empire, when he became both ruler of the Islamic Empire and Spiritual leader (IMAM) of the faithful (Amirul Mumineen). Imam Hassan ibne Ali (AS) accepted the Caliphate of the Islamic Empire and Imamat for the faithful, however he made peace (sulha) with Emir Muawiya and abdicated as Caliph. After the death of Imam Hassan Ibne Ali (AS), during the Caliphate of Muawiya Imam Hussein ibne Ali (AS) became the Imam of the time for the faithful, he however did not immediately raise the sword for the 10 years, he only did it once in contravention of the agreement Emir Muawiya appoint his son to the position of Caliph leading to the tragic events of Kerbala.
Some of the positions/actions taken may appear contradictory both by the same person at different times and person to another person among the Panjatan. However, each position taken was a lesson to us the faithful and taken to be the best action in that time/situation. I would say no buts and ifs, the Panjatan Pak made the right decision in their contexts. We should also note that right from Imam Ali (AS), Imam Hassan (AS) and Imam Hussein (AS), none of them in their disputes with the powers that had USURPED over the Islamic Caliphate, did not use foul language, vulgar words, spoken or written against their protagonist, They maintained dignity and decorum ALWAYS, for their opponents and themselves. In fact Umme Kulthum Binte Ali (RA) was married to Caliph Umar, Mohamed Ibne Abubakr was a leading Shia of Imam Ali (AS) and during his Caliphate his Emir in Misr (Egypt), through his (Mohamed Ibne Abu Bakr) daughter he (Caliph Abu Bakr) also becomes the great great grand father of Imam Jaffar us Saddik (AS). If the Panjatan did not have such venom in their lives , why do we have?
Coming back to the issue at hand we are at cross-roads in life, we have to use our intellect to come to our decision on who to follow as our Dai es Zamaan or the claimants (Syedna Qutbuddin and Shahzade Muffadal can go for arbitration to either King Abdullah of Jordan or Kind Mohamed V of Morrocco who are both direct descendants (progeny) of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) through Imam Hassan ibne Ali (AS) - in the around 1400 years of Islamic history none of Imam Hassan (AS) descendants have claimed to be Imams of the faithful, but they remain Ahle Mohamed. As Shia's we believe the Prophet left us his progeny to guide us, we can go to them for guidance as they are also Malek's/Kings of Countries, Sunni in outward faith hence have no vested interests in our dispute . As Shia's we have to respect all the descendants of the Prophet Mohammad (PBUH). If we find it below our dignity to do so follow my logical deductive argument and see if you reach the same conclusion.
1) Shahzad Muffadal's camp is using foul language, vulgar language towards Syedna Qutbuddin, this is not the sirat we expect from a leader who claims to walk on the Naksh Kadam of Panjatan. Including foul references to the parentage, ironically this includes our revered 51st Dai Syedna Taher Saifuddin (RA), to which they are oblivious to. Syedna Qutbuddin on the other hand has respected the dignity of his opponents, thereby enhancing his own.
2) We live in a financially and technologically sophisticated world, concepts like Usury need to be re-defined, we have to take advantage of of recent developments in finance including those related to Islamic Finance, which we as a community need to embrace wholeheartedly with our brothers who follow Islam. Syedna Qutbudin's vision points to this direction. I quote "Our community should have a dynamic business outlook in this information age, a cutting-edge approach that leads us to prosperity in today’s fast-moving world. Our business vitality should not be lost due to lack of funding. It should not be undercut because of restrictions and directives that have no true basis in Shariat. Our mawali have said that Shariat is ‘samhaa’ and accommodating, not harsh or rigid. While keeping within Shariat laws at all times, mumineen should be encouraged to take advantage of modern-day financial institutions. They should strive to learn new technologies and practices, and advance in business acumen and reach."
3) He is more respectful and re-conciliatory and recognizes that we do not live in an island, we have to cohabit this planet with others
4) He sends positive vibes on education and economic empowerment including that of females - which is a prerequisite in the global context we live in. He will walk this path because the signal is his daughters education levels and working in the real world.
5) He appears to be more financially accountable in his past positions of trust in Dawat, has avoided the excesses of Shahzada Muffadal.
6) He served Syedna Mohamed Burhanuddin (RA) and kept his trust (the Kaangi NASS) for nearly 50 years, even when 2 years ago it was to his detriment to his personal interest to keep this trust, when Shahzada Muffadal's camp tried to usurp the nass for himself. He showed us his humility and patience by being humiliated time and again by Shahzada Muffadal's camp, and having to sit below him and recite his praises, while knowing he was the rightful Saheb ul NASS, least his trust is broken. But after the sad demise of Syedna Mohamed Burhanuddin (RA), he had a duty to reveal the NASS done on him and take the position of the 53rd Dai el Mutlaq.
I conclude that Syedi Khuzaima Qutbuddin (TUS) is more worthy of being our dai. and will address to him as Syedna Qutbuddn (TUS)
Some people might be wondering about myself so let me tell you.
I am an Abde Syedna, serving in one of the business organisations related to the dawat in a Senior position and appointed after the stroke of Syedna Mohamed Burhanuddin by Shahzada Muffadal in 2012 after completing my MBA from a Global top 20 University and returning back home form the west after an absence of over 5 years. Mohamed is my first name, I am of mixed blood indian and Arab, through my maternal grandmother a Hashimite Arab and a descendant of the Prophet (PBUH)
Hi Mohamed bhai, since you have already divulged so much about yourself, would you care to tell us your full name?
With all the information that you have already shared, it is doubtless, extremely easy for the kothar to identify who you are right?
So why shy away from revealing everything?
my reason for asking you this is 2:
1. I dont think you are who you claim you are. i think this all just an illusion that you have created
2. I think you are someone else and are trying to frame the real Mohamed, about whom you have reveled so much already
i am more likely to veer towards 2. i think you have some issues with the real Mohamed and are trying to jeopardize his life here.
infact, now if you reveal everything, then you are going to only create more problems for him
sorry champ, but i think you are a RAT trying to get someone in trouble