The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Admin
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2000 5:01 am

The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#1

Unread post by Admin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:33 am

Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, the 52nd Dai ul Mutlaq of Dawoodi Bohras passed away early Friday morning of January 17, 2014. Tens of thousands of Bohras from all over India – and abroad - converged in Mumbai for the funeral procession. The great crush of people overwhelmed the logistics it seems, and the stampede that followed reportedly killed 20 Bohras. This public frenzy, this mass hysteria, this great gathering and these needless deaths are a fitting legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin. His life’s work was on full display on his death: a community transformed into a hero-worshipping mob.
Read more: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

bohri
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#2

Unread post by bohri » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:12 am

Well written. This part of the story needs to be told, before history makes a hero of the 52nd Dai. Newsapepers the world over are reporting the death of a so called 'ambassador of peace'. The very fact of his shamelessly tight relationship with the likes of Modi, should drive away any such illusion.

Thanks for this article. All reformists should forward this to their local newspapers to raise awareness of the true colours of the legacy of the 52nd Dai.

bohra_manus
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#3

Unread post by bohra_manus » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:37 am

Very well written article indeed, the author has done a fantastic job here.

Nafisa
Posts: 245
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:19 pm

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#4

Unread post by Nafisa » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:10 pm

To all educated people
It is need of the time to spread this document to the media people. Otherwise, not result will come out.

think
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:15 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#5

Unread post by think » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:58 pm

yes, i have never seen or heard band baja on a religious leaders death. for an ordinary person it is quran recital in mosque with sadakallah and some sweet for fateha. followed by jaman on third day. this halabaloo is very scary.

Maqbool
Posts: 844
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 4:01 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#6

Unread post by Maqbool » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:00 am

think wrote:yes, i have never seen or heard band baja on a religious leaders death. for an ordinary person it is quran recital in mosque with sadakallah and some sweet for fateha. followed by jaman on third day. this halabaloo is very scary.
The worst part is, this was live relayed all over the world and played in masjid. No one was bothered that the band vaja is played in the masjid!

faalse_ka_faasla
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:28 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#7

Unread post by faalse_ka_faasla » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:37 am

Maqbool wrote:
The worst part is, this was live relayed all over the world and played in masjid. No one was bothered that the band vaja is played in the masjid!
Mr Dumbo
The band was part of th Honour Ceremony from Mumbai police.
Stop making issue of nothing. Get a Life.

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#8

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:44 am

faalse_ka_faasla wrote:Mr Dumbo
The band was part of th Honour Ceremony from Mumbai police.
Stop making issue of nothing.
Get a Life.
Was there a "Saat Topo Ki Salaami" also ???

faalse_ka_faasla
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:28 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#9

Unread post by faalse_ka_faasla » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:25 am

Gunfires.
Did not count how many.

Aftab
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:01 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#10

Unread post by Aftab » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:03 pm

The legacy of Syedna - depends which side of the fence one is. The staunch chitiwallas are unshakable in their stance. We see few reformists cross the border on the other side whilst very few chitiwallas join the reformists fold. What ever the case may be or whoever is writing about this, it should be based on facts rather than faith.

It is a difficult topic to write about especially keeping in mind the age of the dai, his death and the following he commands. Even then, Shaukat Ajmeri has done a fabulous job presenting the facts and given it body and form. Shias are known for finding spirituality through persons. Since they can not see and feel god, they are trying their best to feel and touch spirituality through the imams or dais. They can not conceptulise that spirituality comes from actions and deeds and they try to attain it through other means. This weakness has been thoroughly exploited by the clergy to the fullest. Clergy also has played a part in promoting the dai but it is not the only reason for such popularity.

One thing the writer has dwelt on is the act of hero worshipping. No religious leader needs to be seen in that way, may it be the pope, agakhan or saibaba. It is morally, spiritually and technically wrong. And it is completely un-islamic. Both the worshipped and the worshipper are at fault, and most of this is done in the name of religion. I guess one can not argue to somebody who has made up his mind even when the argument is so simple and true.

The other aspect Shaukat has touched on is the so called ambassador of peace. How far can one be from the truth. One can fill volumes of their atrocities. Even Hilter was hero worshipped. That does not make him a hero nor somebody who should be worshipped.

Shaukat, once again, your article was factual and impressive.

seeker110
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#11

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:12 pm

I will remember SB as an evil man who did not fear Allah. He took pleasure in wealth and people doing sajda to him. He destroyed the bohra with scheme after scheme. All of Tahir Saifuddin's family enjoyed the haram income. The only person he feared was Asghar Ali Enggineer, like his father before him feared Sir Adamji Peerbhoy. It is for us to see the self destruction caused by the evil family, to the poor and old alike. They use to send lanats on S. A. peerbhoy Sahib and Asghar Ali Engineer, now they are sending it to their own family. Its more fun to watch then any other drama unfolding. The best of football is Super Bowl. This drama is better.

If you want this to continue for you and your family choose now. So that you may know what your children will face tomorrow. You can always choose freedom and pursue the life of simplicity lived by Ahlebait. You know why there were no fights among Moula Ali's children ? It was due to halal life. What I see here is fight for haram money and power over income of bohra brothers.

Maqbool
Posts: 844
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 4:01 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#12

Unread post by Maqbool » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:44 am

faalse_ka_faasla wrote:
Maqbool wrote:
The worst part is, this was live relayed all over the world and played in masjid. No one was bothered that the band vaja is played in the masjid!
Mr Dumbo
The band was part of th Honour Ceremony from Mumbai police.
Stop making issue of nothing. Get a Life.
Who dispute the band was part of salami. The point is it was shown live and in Masjid where the music is not allowed. Got it. Read before you spit here.

babu
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:01 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#13

Unread post by babu » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:55 pm

bohri wrote:....... All reformists should forward this to their local newspapers to raise awareness of the true colours of the legacy of the 52nd Dai.
This was also in the Udaipur's newspaper on 19 JAN 2014 ?
Rajastha Patrika
PAGE 6 http://epaper.patrika.com/216162/Udaipu ... 4#page/6/1
Attachments
Capture4.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Adam
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:50 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#14

Unread post by Adam » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:12 pm

@ Admin
So much for claiming you'll follow Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, as mentioned in your "About Us" page.
On his death, you continue to insult him, being an owner of this forum.

Liars. And we knew it all along.

Humsafar
Posts: 2517
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2000 5:01 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#15

Unread post by Humsafar » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:19 pm

Adam,
52nd is history. Let us know who is your Maula now. I'm assuming it is Muffadal. So is the ex-Mazoon the public enemy Number One now?

seeker110
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#16

Unread post by seeker110 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:58 pm

How I wish the whole dawat business was history. The whole Qaserei Aali was kaput. A new beginning for all the qarazdar ghareeb bohra. When you rob the yateem to make a home in Siri Lanka, it should stay empty like Ambani's building.

SBM
Posts: 6231
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#17

Unread post by SBM » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:54 pm

Adam wrote:@ Admin
So much for claiming you'll follow Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, as mentioned in your "About Us" page.
On his death, you continue to insult him, being an owner of this forum.

Liars. And we knew it all along.
Better be liar then some one who attacks from the back like Muffadal and his clan doing with SKQ. This is same people who read STS Nasheet, Biradar tu nasihat sun, Bhalo boye bhalo tu sun---Gar jey tu dil si hasad ney--Koi na tu dejey ti gaali
So again my question, for past 50 years you took Misaq of Mazoon and now is declared as Shaitan so were you the followers of Shaitan, and did you know it all along? :twisted:

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#18

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Adam wrote:@ Admin

So much for claiming you'll follow Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin, as mentioned in your "About Us" page.

On his death, you continue to insult him, being an owner of this forum.
Liars.

And we knew it all along.
@Adam,

Your prime concern should be to figure out as to who is the actual LIAR......... Your Mola Muffy or your Mazun Khuzemabhaisaab !! First address the issues close to your heart then label others !!

Mazakyo
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:01 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#19

Unread post by Mazakyo » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:13 pm

seeker110 wrote:I will remember SB as an evil man who did not fear Allah. He took pleasure in wealth and people doing sajda to him. He destroyed the bohra with scheme after scheme. All of Tahir Saifuddin's family enjoyed the haram income. The only person he feared was Asghar Ali Enggineer, like his father before him feared Sir Adamji Peerbhoy. It is for us to see the self destruction caused by the evil family, to the poor and old alike. They use to send lanats on S. A. peerbhoy Sahib and Asghar Ali Engineer, now they are sending it to their own family. Its more fun to watch then any other drama unfolding. The best of football is Super Bowl. This drama is better.

If you want this to continue for you and your family choose now. So that you may know what your children will face tomorrow. You can always choose freedom and pursue the life of simplicity lived by Ahlebait. You know why there were no fights among Moula Ali's children ? It was due to halal life. What I see here is fight for haram money and power over income of bohra brothers.
Sir Adamjee Peerbhoy passed away in 1913 and Syedna Burhanuddin was born in 1915. How could he be afraid of him !!! Bhai zara dekh key chora karo !!

hsnhussain
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 7:36 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#20

Unread post by hsnhussain » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:35 am

The only person he feared was Asghar Ali Enggineer, like his father before him feared Sir Adamji Peerbhoy.

Bhai zara dekh ke padha karo!!

Adam
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:50 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#21

Unread post by Adam » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:17 am

I follow the Mansoos of Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA, Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin TUS, and my obedience is to him and what he instructs me.
Just like my obedience was to the 52nd Dai.

This website however, continues to insult the 51st and 52nd Dai. It proves all what the claim to be followers of them is total lies.
We knew you'll hated 51st and 52nd all along, and the hatred will continue to the 53rd.


Hussain_KSA
Posts: 874
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:01 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#22

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:58 am

No we don't, but at the same time we don't blindly follow. What Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin sahib ( that time he was mansoos) has declare on chehlum waiz in Uadipur against Reformist is less than what you find on this forum. However, we still hope for the best.

Do you endorsed whatever being said and lanat business agaist Khuzaima Bhai sahib who was Mazoon for 50 years to whose name you take in Meesaaq? How about the late people who are taking the name of Mazoon while answering to munkir nakeer in their graves since last fifty years? Don't you think its ridiculous.

Hussain_KSA
Posts: 874
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:01 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#23

Unread post by Hussain_KSA » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:02 am

Reformist too closed their business for three days and even fateha jaman was arranged in Udaipur. There was quran khawani and majlis in mosques. This is not show off and this doesn't mean that we are afraid of some one. There is already a strict barat imposed in Udaipur against reformist by than Mansoos a month ago. This was done because we believe in office of dai and dawat. However, our position remains the same.

Sikander
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 10:58 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#24

Unread post by Sikander » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:03 am

Adam wrote:I follow the Mansoos of Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA, Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin TUS, and my obedience is to him and what he instructs me.
Just like my obedience was to the 52nd Dai.

This website however, continues to insult the 51st and 52nd Dai. It proves all what the claim to be followers of them is total lies.
We knew you'll hated 51st and 52nd all along, and the hatred will continue to the 53rd.

Adam your posts makes me ashamed that we have dumb guys like you in our community,

but any ways tell me, those who died in last 50 years and had SKQ name in their ruku chitthhii are going to hell? because they have a name of person who is liar (according to your view)

please tell me what is the destiny of those people? where will theey end up?


ps- for me this whole ruku chitthi thing is ridiculous and unislamic, but as you claim to be flag bearer or muffy, I would liek to know your opinion.

Adam
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:50 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#25

Unread post by Adam » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:06 pm

Not at all.
The Ruqu Chitty was being made on the orders of the Dai Muthlaq. The Dai, with the persmission of the Imam will do Shafa'at.
No one else.

Our Misaaq was to the Dai Muthlaq, as mentioned in the Misaaq text.
We believed in the Rutba, and accepted the positions of the Mazoon and Mukasir.

The moment any mumin goes against the basic tenants of belief, the walayat of the Dai Muthlaq, he seizes to remain Mumin, same applies for any rutba, Mazoon included. He is not infallible.

The Dai Muthlaq is Syedna Mufaddal (nass of Syedna Burhanuddin).
KQ went against the Dai, and repeated what the enemies of the past have done.

It is nothing new.

questions
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#26

Unread post by questions » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:35 pm

So mazoon is not infallible but dai is ?
Then muffadal went from being a regular joe to suddenly infallible ?
Does no one see anything wrong with this picture ?
Infallaluabilty ka mazaq bana diya hay ! Jis ko Dekho masoom
Bara sa bara ghoonda is masoom .

SBM
Posts: 6231
Joined: Sun May 09, 2004 4:01 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#27

Unread post by SBM » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Adam
If Dai is infalliable and Ghaib na Jankar then do you think Syedna Burhanuddin made mistake by appointing Khuzema Qutbuddin as Mazoon If that Was a mistake by Burhanuddin in hindsight then Burhanuddin is not inflabile and there goes your entire theory of Dai being Masoom
Dai being getting Ilham from Imam should have know about the quality of Mazoon and how would he act in situation like this
It proves that either Burhanuddin did not consult Imam or he did not follow the Ilham of Imam in appointing Khuzema as Mazoon and in that case he was a fake DAI or did not have qualities to become Dai so going forward all his appointments or NUSS should be questionable.
Last edited by SBM on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alam
Posts: 712
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#28

Unread post by alam » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:00 pm

SBM wrote:Adam
If Dai is infalliable and Ghaib and Jankar then do you think Syedna Burhanuddin made mistake by appointing Khuzema Qutbuddin as Mazoon Was that a mistake by Burhanuddin and if in hindsight it was a mistake then Burhanuddin is not inflabile and there goes your entire theory of Dai being Masoon Masoom
Dai being getting Ilham from Imam should have been informed about the quality of Mazoon and how would he act in situation this this
It proves that either Burhanuddin did not consult Imam or he did not follow the Ilham of Imam in appointing Khuzema as Mazoon or people like you could care less what Imam says
OR
52nd Dai Did not correct his mistake by keeping silent on the issue - by removing the mazun from his post.
And foreseeing trouble.
One could go on and on ...

All this points to one and only one undeniable Dictum:

The Dai is NOT Infallible. The Dai is a human being.

Jamali
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#29

Unread post by Jamali » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:24 pm

alam wrote:
SBM wrote:Adam
If Dai is infalliable and Ghaib and Jankar then do you think Syedna Burhanuddin made mistake by appointing Khuzema Qutbuddin as Mazoon Was that a mistake by Burhanuddin and if in hindsight it was a mistake then Burhanuddin is not inflabile and there goes your entire theory of Dai being Masoon Masoom
Dai being getting Ilham from Imam should have been informed about the quality of Mazoon and how would he act in situation this this
It proves that either Burhanuddin did not consult Imam or he did not follow the Ilham of Imam in appointing Khuzema as Mazoon or people like you could care less what Imam says
OR
52nd Dai Did not correct his mistake by keeping silent on the issue - by removing the mazun from his post.
And foreseeing trouble.
One could go on and on ...

All this points to one and only one undeniable Dictum:

The Dai is NOT Infallible. The Dai is a human being.
OR

Claims that the Dai loves his community, and he has sacrificed his life for the welfare of the momineen so that all will be led by him to Jaanat but then leaves the community in a dilemma to sort themselves out and find out who the true Dai is between his own brother and son :) His action of "making his brother the Mazoon" right until he died and proclaiming Nass to his Son in a private room in a Hospital a few hours immediately after a stroke with only 3 people present (his sons..NOT Mazoon or Mukasir who has the 2nd and 3rd Rutba in the Dawat) and thereafter never speak a word until his death. :) A man of his stature who could do Mojizas, & "Ghaib Nah Jaankar" couldnt predict the forthcoming mess of his actions / silence or how the community will suffer after his death is surely a well wisher of the momineen!

seeker110
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am

Re: The legacy of Sayedna Mohammed Burhanuddin

#30

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:18 pm

All the messages from Imam are going straight to voice mail.