The Way Forward

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
Admin

The Way Forward

Unread post by Admin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:41 pm

We're posting this on behalf of a new member fatemidawat53.
- Admin
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assalam Alaykum

This is a defining moment in our Community and also a historical moment in our recent history - The current crisis in the Dawa't and the Community, offers some possibilities that can be exploited to further the Reform Agenda - Syedna Qutbuddin's faction has expressed some liberal thoughts and vision and it will be worthwhile to communicate the Reform Agenda to this faction through this Forum and through their website "FatemiDawat.com" and if they are willing to discuss Reforms and agree to basic Reforms viz. Transparency & Accountability; Democratic Ideals & Practices and Ownership of Community Assets and Syedna Qutbuddin himself, personally making a public announcement accepting and agreeing to implement these basic Reforms, in his Dawa't, then there will be good reason to support him

I think there is a good possibility that Syedna Qutbuddin may agree to Reforms, for the simple reason that the great majority of the Community is not going to support him, at least for now (for reasons we know so well) but some of the middle class and the upper class will support him and hope to create a new structure/system that is responsive to the welfare of the Community

For many, many years the majority of the people in the middle and upper class have been critical of the Dawa't and it's leadership and the way Jamaats have been managed but not able to bring about any changes, for a variety of reasons, the main one being the leadership's stranglehold on the masses and of course the lack of grassroot support - No one imagined, in their wildest dreams, that a day like this will come in our lives, when we will have a choice to select our next Spiritual Leader - A blessing in disguise, a miracle, years of prayers answered, call it what you want, but it has happened and hopefully (let us pray, seriously) a permanent split - So, what are we waiting for, especially those of us in the middle and upper class? - Let me put it to you very bluntly, GET OUT OF THE STATUS QUO, STOP ATTENDING ANY OF THEIR FUNCTIONS/ACTIVITIES AND STOP PAYING ANY DUES TO THEM and NEVER AGAIN PERFORM A SAJDA TO ANYONE BUT ALLAH (swt) - Please do not hesitate and do not be afraid, Allah (swt) is the final authority over us and our deeds and He loves those who show COURAGE in His CAUSE and are willing to make SACRIFICES for a JUST CAUSE - You owe it to yourself, your family and future generations - There will be hardships and sacrifices to be made along the way, like practicing your Faith, Beliefs and Traditions from home or with fellow Shias or Muslims, as well as making alternative funeral arrangements, for death comes to us all (Inna Lillahe wa Inna Ilaihe Rajeoon) - This is YOUR STRUGGLE, it is a JUST STRUGGLE and above all it is a struggle to LIBERATE YOUR SOUL - Have faith in Allah (swt) and have faith in yourself that you are on the RIGHT PATH and have made the RIGHT DECISION - Insha Allah, Allah (swt) will reward us all for this JUST CAUSE and STRUGGLE

An opportunity like this comes once in a lifetime and we must seize it by BREAKING AWAY, NOW from the STATUS QUO and encouraging as many people as possible, by word of mouth, by phone, by e-mail, by WhatsUP, the media and any other means of communication, locally and worldwide - Believe me this is the ONLY way to get some REFORMS - DICTATORSHIPS respond only when they are UP AGAINST THE WALL

I am also suggesting that this Forum conducts a WORLDWIDE "straw poll" to determine the support for REFORMS by asking this question "Do you believe that there is a need for Transparency & Accountability in the Dawa't and a need to change the way our Jamaats are managed?"

Maulana Ali (AS) said that "There is no illness more chronic than ignorance" and we know that "Knowledge Is Power", so let us empower and enlighten ourselves with Islamic knowledge, which is easily available (in translation) on the internet and in bookshops

May Allah's Blessings & Peace Be With Us All - Ameen

anajmi

Re: The Way Forward

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:04 pm

This is very good news for the Reformist Jamaat. If the Qutbuddin faction is willing to pursue reforms as expressed by the Reformists, then there light at the end of the tunnel. I believe the reformist numbers will increase by leaps and bounds once this news is made public.

Allah revealed the ayah - Inna fatahna laka fathan mubeenan - when all seemed lost for the prophet (saw) and he had to sign a treaty with meccan pagans which apparently seemed to be in favor of the meccan pagans. Things only got better from there on for the new muslim ummah.

phorendude

Unread post by phorendude » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:17 pm

Sounds great, but why is Admin posting on behalf of this member? Is this (fatemidawat53) the official account of SKQ camp? If so then why are they hiding behind nick name instead of using real and verified name?

voice

Unread post by voice » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:21 pm

Admin wrote:We're posting this on behalf of a new member fatemidawat53.
- Admin
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assalam Alaykum

This is a defining moment in our Community and also a historical moment in our recent history - The current crisis in the Dawa't and the Community, offers some possibilities that can be exploited to further the Reform Agenda - Syedna Qutbuddin's faction has expressed some liberal thoughts and vision and it will be worthwhile to communicate the Reform Agenda to this faction through this Forum and through their website "FatemiDawat.com" and if they are willing to discuss Reforms and agree to basic Reforms viz. Transparency & Accountability; Democratic Ideals & Practices and Ownership of Community Assets and Syedna Qutbuddin himself, personally making a public announcement accepting and agreeing to implement these basic Reforms, in his Dawa't, then there will be good reason to support him

I think there is a good possibility that Syedna Qutbuddin may agree to Reforms, for the simple reason that the great majority of the Community is not going to support him, at least for now (for reasons we know so well) but some of the middle class and the upper class will support him and hope to create a new structure/system that is responsive to the welfare of the Community

For many, many years the majority of the people in the middle and upper class have been critical of the Dawa't and it's leadership and the way Jamaats have been managed but not able to bring about any changes, for a variety of reasons, the main one being the leadership's stranglehold on the masses and of course the lack of grassroot support - No one imagined, in their wildest dreams, that a day like this will come in our lives, when we will have a choice to select our next Spiritual Leader - A blessing in disguise, a miracle, years of prayers answered, call it what you want, but it has happened and hopefully (let us pray, seriously) a permanent split - So, what are we waiting for, especially those of us in the middle and upper class? - Let me put it to you very bluntly, GET OUT OF THE STATUS QUO, STOP ATTENDING ANY OF THEIR FUNCTIONS/ACTIVITIES AND STOP PAYING ANY DUES TO THEM and NEVER AGAIN PERFORM A SAJDA TO ANYONE BUT ALLAH (swt) - Please do not hesitate and do not be afraid, Allah (swt) is the final authority over us and our deeds and He loves those who show COURAGE in His CAUSE and are willing to make SACRIFICES for a JUST CAUSE - You owe it to yourself, your family and future generations - There will be hardships and sacrifices to be made along the way, like practicing your Faith, Beliefs and Traditions from home or with fellow Shias or Muslims, as well as making alternative funeral arrangements, for death comes to us all (Inna Lillahe wa Inna Ilaihe Rajeoon) - This is YOUR STRUGGLE, it is a JUST STRUGGLE and above all it is a struggle to LIBERATE YOUR SOUL - Have faith in Allah (swt) and have faith in yourself that you are on the RIGHT PATH and have made the RIGHT DECISION - Insha Allah, Allah (swt) will reward us all for this JUST CAUSE and STRUGGLE

An opportunity like this comes once in a lifetime and we must seize it by BREAKING AWAY, NOW from the STATUS QUO and encouraging as many people as possible, by word of mouth, by phone, by e-mail, by WhatsUP, the media and any other means of communication, locally and worldwide - Believe me this is the ONLY way to get some REFORMS - DICTATORSHIPS respond only when they are UP AGAINST THE WALL

I am also suggesting that this Forum conducts a WORLDWIDE "straw poll" to determine the support for REFORMS by asking this question "Do you believe that there is a need for Transparency & Accountability in the Dawa't and a need to change the way our Jamaats are managed?"

Maulana Ali (AS) said that "There is no illness more chronic than ignorance" and we know that "Knowledge Is Power", so let us empower and enlighten ourselves with Islamic knowledge, which is easily available (in translation) on the internet and in bookshops

May Allah's Blessings & Peace Be With Us All - Aameen

voice

Unread post by voice » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:46 pm

Admin wrote:We're posting this on behalf of a new member fatemidawat53.
- Admin

Assalam Alaykum

Heart touching words,
"So, what are we waiting for, especially those of us in the middle and upper class? - Let me put it to you very bluntly, GET OUT OF THE STATUS QUO, STOP ATTENDING ANY OF THEIR FUNCTIONS/ACTIVITIES AND STOP PAYING ANY DUES TO THEM and NEVER AGAIN PERFORM A SAJDA TO ANYONE BUT ALLAH (swt) - Please do not hesitate and do not be afraid, Allah (swt) is the final authority over us and our deeds and He loves those who show COURAGE in His CAUSE and are willing to make SACRIFICES for a JUST CAUSE - You owe it to yourself, your family and future generations - There will be hardships and sacrifices to be made along the way, like practicing your Faith, Beliefs and Traditions from home or with fellow Shias or Muslims, as well as making alternative funeral arrangements, for death comes to us all (Inna Lillahe wa Inna Ilaihe Rajeoon) - This is YOUR STRUGGLE, it is a JUST STRUGGLE and above all it is a struggle to LIBERATE YOUR SOUL - Have faith in Allah (swt) and have faith in yourself that you are on the RIGHT PATH and have made the RIGHT DECISION - Insha Allah, Allah (swt) will reward us all for this JUST CAUSE and STRUGGLE

An opportunity like this comes once in a lifetime and we must seize it by BREAKING AWAY, NOW from the STATUS QUO and encouraging as many people as possible, by word of mouth, by phone, by e-mail, by WhatsUP, the media and any other means of communication, locally and worldwide - Believe me this is the ONLY way to get some REFORMS - DICTATORSHIPS respond only when they are UP AGAINST THE WALL..."

Confusd_DB

Unread post by Confusd_DB » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:20 am

I have 2 questions... Y admin has to post this... Don't fatemidawat has the privilege to make a thread...

The things written in the thread has nothing to do with.... Spiritual guidance... Its just focusing on welfare issues... So better make a ngo... I couldn't digest it...

It was written sajda only to allah... Then assuming you were in nabi mohd zamaan, won't you given sajda to him...? Also what makes you believe that in kq there won't be any sajdas

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:09 am

It is not important who has written this and who is posting. The important is, are we for good management of our community? Do we have to tolerate insult now and then by Amils and kotharies? Do our money (sometime collected by force or show of by willingness) is used in proper way? Are they not accountable to those who pays? If we go to this questions I am sure majority are willing to have good management and accountable to everyone.

This is the opportunity and we must grab it. It is now or never.

AliZahra

Unread post by AliZahra » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:38 am

I am a very new member and did not quite understand how this website functioned and so my post went to Admin. and Admin explained to me how the system worked and so I requested Admin. to post this for me and in future I would be able to do it myself

Also, in response to "phorendude" who was concerned about my User Name "fatemidawat53" I will say that this is my own thought out User Name and I like it because, I believe that, no matter what, we have always belonged to FatemiDawat and will continue to do so but this time with REFORMS:)

Now responding to "Confusd_DB" - Rasulullah (saw) was a Nabi and cannot be compared to ANYONE - unfortunately, people have been indoctrinated to equate the Dai with Rasulullah (saw) or Maulana Ali (AS) and even Allah (swt) and again this is the tragedy of some people's belief system - As regards to your question "what makes you believe that in kq there won't be any sajdas" - I will say this "I will personally ask Syedna Qutbuddin to declare publicly that no one should do sajda to him, if he wants the support of thousands of TRUE BELIEVERS" - Right now I am in mood to hide behind niceties and not afraid to speak my mind, even in front of a Dai and what better opportunity than now, when there is a fight for my soul:)

voice

Unread post by voice » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:13 am

fatemidawat53 wrote:I am a very new member ............
As regards to your question "what makes you believe that in kq there won't be any sajdas" - I will say this "I will personally ask Syedna Qutbuddin to declare publicly that no one should do sajda to him, if he wants the support of thousands of TRUE BELIEVERS" - Right now I am in mood to hide behind niceties and not afraid to speak my mind, even in front of a Dai and what better opportunity than now, when there is a fight for my soul:)
Welcome brother,
Assalam aleykum,
Your words are appealing. Only thing I can say that may Allah swt make these dream turn true. My sincere prayers are with you and ready to support your initiative. May Allah swt make these Revolution a success with the intention of "Fi-Sabeelillah".

white_pigeon

Unread post by white_pigeon » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:21 am

Long Live The Revolution :)

phorendude

Unread post by phorendude » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:34 am

fatemidawat53 wrote:I am a very new member and did not quite understand how this website functioned and so my post went to Admin. and Admin explained to me how the system worked and so I requested Admin. to post this for me and in future I would be able to do it myself

Also, in response to "phorendude" who was concerned about my User Name "fatemidawat53" I will say that this is my own thought out User Name and I like it because, I believe that, no matter what, we have always belonged to FatemiDawat and will continue to do so but this time with REFORMS:)

Now responding to "Confusd_DB" - Rasulullah (saw) was a Nabi and cannot be compared to ANYONE - unfortunately, people have been indoctrinated to equate the Dai with Rasulullah (saw) or Maulana Ali (AS) and even Allah (swt) and again this is the tragedy of some people's belief system - As regards to your question "what makes you believe that in kq there won't be any sajdas" - I will say this "I will personally ask Syedna Qutbuddin to declare publicly that no one should do sajda to him, if he wants the support of thousands of TRUE BELIEVERS" - Right now I am in mood to hide behind niceties and not afraid to speak my mind, even in front of a Dai and what better opportunity than now, when there is a fight for my soul:)
Welcome to the PDB forum fatemidawat53! And thanks for clarifying the issue.

Admin, kindly merge the two topics that you've posted on behalf of fatemidawat53.

murtaza2152

Unread post by murtaza2152 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:36 am

fatemidawat53 wrote:I am a very new member and did not quite understand how this website functioned and so my post went to Admin. and Admin explained to me how the system worked and so I requested Admin. to post this for me and in future I would be able to do it myself

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
When KQ was mazoon at that time also he allowed Sajada to him , his sons always give him Sajada and it is observed by all community members, and KQ explicitly writes about Sajada on his website. In which world are you Mr Fatelidawat53 ?

voice

Unread post by voice » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:23 am

Revolution means "change" and it indicates change in all the points raised my fatemidawat53. We should welcome this initiation instead of criticism except raising questions to clarify our doubts.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:24 am

Exactly.. too much questions and doubts can misguide you..

like_minded

Unread post by like_minded » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:28 am

The only way forward I can see is… getting up from the deep slumber, waking up….. and it's the hardest thing, no doubt about that.

Seeing clearly that both sides are only after power and money, Remove power and money and the so-called spirituality nonsense (the word they have abused extensively) and then see if there's a fight?

The only way forward is by understanding that we have everything in us that would aid us to live a decent life, we need no crutches, no support from the men in white-robes, we need no scriptures to tell us what is right and what is wrong, we have our conscience to guide us. And that's the biggest gift that we already have.

I believe every religious scriptures point out the same fact, but we fail to understand., because we are searching for something which isn't there. The only obstruction to reaching God is the word God itself.

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 am

murtaza2152 wrote:When KQ was mazoon at that time also he allowed Sajada to him , his sons always give him Sajada and it is observed by all community members, and KQ explicitly writes about Sajada on his website. In which world are you Mr Fatelidawat53 ?
Look at this guy. In spite of MSB's order not to say any bad word about SQB this guy make fun of Fatemidawat by writing Fatelidawat. This fellow makes mockery of Fatema a.s. name.

husain_angry

Unread post by husain_angry » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:34 am

Correct ,

The wazebat we pay is for wellfare of the entire community , not for kotharis to buy IPhone and IPad from it.

pheonix

Unread post by pheonix » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:53 am

husain_angry wrote:Correct ,

The wazebat we pay is for wellfare of the entire community , not for kotharis to buy IPhone and IPad from it.
Who the hell have fed progressive the misinformation that wajebat is for the welfare of the community.
Some part of it gets used for welfare is Maula's Ahsan rather than your privilege.

silvertongue

Unread post by silvertongue » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:06 am

Then where does it go.. ?

husain_angry

Unread post by husain_angry » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:08 am

pheonix wrote:

Who the hell have fed progressive the misinformation that wajebat is for the welfare of the community.
Some part of it gets used for welfare is Maula's Ahsan rather than your privilege.
Is this sarcasm or have you lost your knee :)

JC

Unread post by JC » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:46 am

murtaza5152, fatelidawat or not ......... surely due to this 'other' dawat you dawat is fatee paree hay ........ Muffy had to offer reconciliation .........

Zakat is for Allah; and this means it has to be used for well being of Muslims and/or Human Beings. It is NOT of Maula's to keep and fly around in jets!!

Gulaame Islaam

Unread post by Gulaame Islaam » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:58 pm

What we are asking is a democratic organization. It should be govererned by a board of directors who are elected members and revnewed every few years. There has to be a treasurer and a finance commitee also elected. The accounts have to be transparent and the focus has to be on the community learning and welfare. Education of all, male and female, and character have to be our priorities. People should contributre according to their capacity and contributions should be anonymous. These should be the kind of systems we should insist on. Or else we go on our own.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:07 pm

Readers should be made aware Fatemidawat53 does not represent the official SKQ position, theses are personal comments and opinions.

Can I please request the Admin to change the alias to avoid the occasional readers misunderstanding.

The recent events are history defining and as reformists we cannot permit errors or misrepresentations.

Admin

Unread post by Admin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:38 pm

Ozdundee wrote:Readers should be made aware Fatemidawat53 does not represent the official SKQ position, theses are personal comments and opinions.

Can I please request the Admin to change the alias to avoid the occasional readers misunderstanding.

The recent events are history defining and as reformists we cannot permit errors or misrepresentations.
Please note that member "Fatemidawat53" has agreed to change the name to "AliZahra".

Maqbool

Unread post by Maqbool » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:22 am

pheonix wrote:

How could it be ahsan rather then duty? The money is given for the share of society's underprivileged by the farman of God. And dai is only a jariya to distribute. If he is doing any ahsan then he is doing so to Allah (Naauzobillah).

By the way do you know why the name of zakat changed to Wazebat? Think on this honestly and you will know the answer that dai is not doing any ahsan to us but on him.

Ozdundee

Unread post by Ozdundee » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:58 pm

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9200&p=124106#p124106

Read related matter in Australia

New

Unread post by New » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:07 pm

Can something on this line be done in the UK USA or Canada. Please help