Compulsory Attendance for Misaak

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
SBM

Re: Compulsory Attendance for Misaak

Unread post by SBM » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:49 am

Please notice how attentive all these Abdes are to the Bayaan on the screen ( I know Zinger will be here soon to tell me that it is irrelevant just like the current Dais of the Dawat too)
http://zeninfosys.net/zen/sites/default ... k=P0SvVJxc

wise_guy

Unread post by wise_guy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:07 am

Sceptical wrote:
My friends told me that they will ban people who did not attend missaq from imamat namaz, hope it's not true.
Will they also ban such people from giving salam najwa n other money grabbing schems ?

think

Unread post by think » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:53 am

That will never be so. today sms is asking women to stay at home and make rotibut he would be glad to accept money under one pretext or another from professional women, like doctors, nurses, teachers, I.Ts , etc.

questions

Unread post by questions » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:14 pm

So another dear friend of mine has asked me to attend missak tomorrow
and if i don't then our relationship of over 20 25 years will be over for ever

No compulsion of course !

Bori85

Unread post by Bori85 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:24 pm

questions wrote:So another dear friend of mine has asked me to attend missak tomorrow

Oh! did your friend actually said that? or you are just assuming the outcome of not attending the misaak

questions

Unread post by questions » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Actually said that in spite of knowing the many other serious stressors in my life right now
Also had the audacity to say that I was not thinking straight and was depressed otherwise I would see the light of muffy
Don't know to laugh or cry

shehzada

Unread post by shehzada » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:42 pm

Apologies for I posted this on another thread without realizing there is a Misaak board -

Ba'ad As Salaam al Mahzoon,

It is mandatory for all mumineen and muminaat to give misaq to 53rd Dai al-Mutlaq Al Dai al Ajal Syedna wa Moulana Aali Qadr Mufaddal Saifuddin (TUS).

There will be a mandatory MISAAQ Majlis this Saturday. All mumineen, mumenaat and misaaq wala farzando MUST ATTEND.

Please also make sure to pass this message to all mumineen and facilitate transportation so that everyone may attend.

Mumineen must also bring their ITS52 cards for scanning.

Miqaat
Khatmul Quran & Misaaq Majlis
Date
Saturday, Feb 22nd 2014
Time
5:30 PM
Program
Maghrib Isha Namaz
Khatmul Quran
Misaaq Majlis
Salawat nu Jaman

Khuda Taala Aqamaula Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin ni umr sharif ne ta rozey Qiyamat daraaz karey.

Wasalaam,
Anjuman-e-Badri, New York
www.nyjamaat.org

Bori85

Unread post by Bori85 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:44 pm

questions wrote:Actually said that in spite of knowing the many other serious stressors in my life right now
Also had the audacity to say that I was not thinking straight and was depressed otherwise I would see the light of muffy
Don't know to laugh or cry
That's the reason I don't tell anyone in my family nor friends what are my views about the Kothar and the dis-loyal Royal Family of Dawoodi Bohras. I keep my views to myself. As it is there are so much stress in life career wise , who has time to take this extra stress of family members and friends, who are otherwise very helpful to me, but might change once they know my view point on these Kothari goons. I have other things to do with my life, well everyone can't be Arwind Kejriwal. My suggestion to you is just go for this misaak drama and get it done with and move on with your life.

questions

Unread post by questions » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:48 pm

Thanks bori85 but it's out in the open now
A friendship that doesn't respect you for yourself is not a friendship anymore
However much it may be painful
I have never objected to my friends belief although I strongly think they were wrong
I guess the new arrogance in this person cones from the new arrogant leader
I am well rid of both the leader and the friend

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:31 pm

questions wrote:So another dear friend of mine has asked me to attend missak tomorrow

This friends of your did actually threaten unfriending you. Jeez I am shocked if abdes have been brainwashed to such an extent .

questions

Unread post by questions » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:39 pm

Yes I am afraid it's true the brainwashing is complete
I have already been told not to attend the upcoming jk wedding function

I will not be surprised if they will murder someone next

If they can call a mazoon Lanati and cut off cold turkey the closest of friendships

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Bro/sis

you are much better then such kind of friends, friendship never comes with conditions, make ALLAH your best friend, and no one else is needed.

Btw consider me your friend as well, and I offer friendship without conditions on religion or on faith basis. : )

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:53 pm

when I will visit India, I know I will have to wash hands with many of my close friends and relatives, but thats okay, I have been doing well without them, and I think I will survive in future as well.

questions

Unread post by questions » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:09 pm

Thank you m Taha that's very comforting to know

SKQ Fan

Unread post by SKQ Fan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:11 am

They should install a lie detector too in these Misaq Majlisese , along with ITS card scanners, that way Muffy and gang will be in for a surprise as to the actual number of abdes with him, majority of the community is with Sayedna Qutbuddin but do not have the guts to come out in the open and decalre their faith

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:28 am

SKQ Fan wrote:They should install a lie detector too in these Misaq Majlisese , along with ITS card scanners, that way Muffy and gang will be in for a surprise as to the actual number of abdes with him, majority of the community is with Sayedna Qutbuddin but do not have the guts to come out in the open and decalre their faith
if lie detector is installed in bohra mosque, each word from muffy mouth will make alert sound ROFL

HirsuteGenuflector

Unread post by HirsuteGenuflector » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:42 am

My suggestion for Questions is to go to the misak and enjoy the tamasha- almost no one there takes it seriously (one can do a very good job of acting as the fancy dress plus beard are already there to help you along) Be sure to mutter " Mola Mola" once a while , and put thumb and finger to the bridge of your nose while nodding as if in deep thought. Only amateurs play with their phones. Your friend who has disowned and disinvited you will see the light (he sounds very conflicted and insecure about his beliefs) and welcome you back with open arms.

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:47 am

HirsuteGenuflector wrote:My suggestion for Questions is to go to the misak and enjoy the tamasha- almost no one there takes it seriously (one can do a very good job of acting as the fancy dress plus beard are already there to help you along) Be sure to mutter " Mola Mola" once a while , and put thumb and finger to the bridge of your nose while nodding as if in deep thought. Only amateurs play with their phones. Your friend who has disowned and disinvited you will see the light (he sounds very conflicted and insecure about his beliefs) and welcome you back with open arms.
they might invite him back, but now is their company worth of friendship and time?

Bohra_by_birth

Unread post by Bohra_by_birth » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:54 am

Being_Bohra wrote:Saminaben

I understand ur dilemma. But, i am a woman and i dint take the misaak.
Me too a woman and didn't take the misaak (my husband did though). Couldn't bring myself to attend to an absolute absurd fallacy! I'm not scared a bit. In fact looking forward to what happens next :-)

M Taha

Unread post by M Taha » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:20 am

Bohra_by_birth wrote:

Me too a woman and didn't take the misaak (my husband did though). Couldn't bring myself to attend to an absolute absurd fallacy! I'm not scared a bit. In fact looking forward to what happens next :-)
Thumbs up

you are better the men like Zinger, james and True_*** :mrgreen:

HirsuteGenuflector

Unread post by HirsuteGenuflector » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:23 am

M Taha wrote:
they might invite him back, but now is their company worth of friendship and time?
Absolutely. I don't think anyone on the brink should be left to decide which way they should jump. In this case the friend is threatening to jump unless Questions does something, so I feel it is better to save the friendship then to let it go.

Being_Bohra

Unread post by Being_Bohra » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:28 am

Bohra_by_birth wrote:

james

Unread post by james » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:49 am

HirsuteGenuflector wrote:My suggestion for Questions is to go to the misak and enjoy the tamasha- almost no one there takes it seriously (one can do a very good job of acting as the fancy dress plus beard are already there to help you along) Be sure to mutter " Mola Mola" once a while , and put thumb and finger to the bridge of your nose while nodding as if in deep thought. Only amateurs play with their phones. Your friend who has disowned and disinvited you will see the light (he sounds very conflicted and insecure about his beliefs) and welcome you back with open arms.

How exactly would you know such a thing ?

People on this forum make some very grand statements on behalf of others. :roll:

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:10 am

can someone get rid of the fly J , what a nuisance and irritating :evil:

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:24 am

Bohra spring wrote:can someone get rid of the fly J , what a nuisance and irritating :evil:
He is our old friend DB Londoner I am surprised that Zinger did not point this one out Oh forgot Zinger only does for Non Abdes only

HirsuteGenuflector

Unread post by HirsuteGenuflector » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:38 am

james wrote:
HirsuteGenuflector wrote: - almost no one there takes it seriously

How exactly would you know such a thing ?
How would you not know such thing? That would be the simple answer; years of attendance of basic functions and sabaqs will help develop a keen eye for a charade. That's how.

People on this forum make some very grand statements on behalf of others. :roll:
This comment was aimed at Questions an others of his ilk. It was meant to offer encouragement and hope to a dispirited soul, and certainly not meant as a grand statement on behalf of everyone.

questions

Unread post by questions » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:09 pm

HirsuteGenuflector wrote:
M Taha wrote:
Absolutely. I don't think anyone on the brink should be left to decide which way they should jump. In this case the friend is threatening to jump unless Questions does something, so I feel it is better to save the friendship then to let it go.
Thanks hirsutegenuflector for your comments and concern

zinger

Unread post by zinger » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:56 am

SBM wrote:
Bohra spring wrote:can someone get rid of the fly J , what a nuisance and irritating :evil:
He is our old friend DB Londoner I am surprised that Zinger did not point this one out Oh forgot Zinger only does for Non Abdes only

no, i do it for the incredible mr. taha only.

and really??? i think you are mistaken. DBL has become QBL now!

confused_mumin

Unread post by confused_mumin » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:54 am

Phew its been long that i came here & posted something.

Anyways..

So yesterday was misaaq ceremony in my city.
The respected aamil said :
Khao Kasam Ane Kaho Naam..
All of them said 'Naam'
& I said
'AAM'.
Even at the time of Shafaqat no Haath ceremony (Cover Ceremony),i said 'Aam' and due to the huge noise around the aamil could not make out what i said.
Misaaq over.Job well done.
:D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

P.S. - This message was originally posted on Feb 17 but due to typing error i had to re post it.

786_110

Unread post by 786_110 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:43 pm

So in my city, they had the Jamaat held two misaq majlises. I'm not sure if that was truly for the people who couldn't attend the first one or there weren't enough salaams that were collected the first week. I heard that people were being very observant about who attended/didnt attend. Scanning cards is kind of a joke in my city, most people don't show up on time anyway and and by the time they do theres no one still scanning. I didn't attend, I haven't really had anyone said anything to me or such when I attended for the Chalisma.