Few steps towards freedom

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
abbasb

Few steps towards freedom

Unread post by abbasb » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Getting an idea from the forum...I have updated a list of things that are in our power....as a step forward towards change...
Feel free to add few more and brace yourself for action as well!

a) Read Quran with translation (with tafseer too, if you have stomach for it)
b) Don't bother for 'raza' for at least silly things as a starters
c) Make friends outside DB and learn their culture n values
d) Stay away from 'dabba' that is a first refusal of non obedience
e) Stay away from Darghas...this way you are weakening their cash inflow
f) Question your local aamil for any 'amal' he wants you to perform....reflect n research if it complies with Islamic teachings
g) Listen/watch Islamic debates/sermons both Sunni n Shia scholars worldwide
h) NEVER give any 'najwas'
i) Encourage your siblings n children for secular education n inculcate the habbit of making enquiries
j) Annually pay minimal in order to 'jaan zhute'

alam

Re: Few steps towards freedom

Unread post by alam » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:11 pm

Your ideas are good.

Family members especially - the elders and spouses need to be De-programmed from the Cult brainwashing.

Recovery from cult brainwashing is not an easy thing...

questions

Unread post by questions » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:06 pm

Also stay away from misaq majlis

It's a money making, number showing chance for muffin and gang
But more importantly it's a huge burden on your own soul that you're taking serious heavy duty Kasam that you don't want to take

Don't go there and lie deliberately

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:40 pm

Do not live close to the markaz if possible. If you have to meet your friends, go to Namaz- Janaza. It will keep you on the right path and you will be able to connect. Get your children ready to face future with a lot of education and love for all human beings. They will learn from your character and actions. Markaz will destroy their freedom and strength.

hozefaujjaini

Unread post by hozefaujjaini » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:58 pm

I think it's good to start with. But freedom (freedom as individual) is way far

seeker110

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:10 am

Brother, Allah gave you freedom when you were born. Personal freedom is something you are responsible. If you let it, you will loose it. They will make demands, but you cannot demand anything. Best slave is the one who doesn't think he is one. Us rizq sae mout achhe......

abbasb

Unread post by abbasb » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:24 pm

Aaj haqeeqat me hum aise mod par aa khade hai....ki chupchap tamasha dekhte hue 'enjoy' karna kayarta aur unIslamic hoga...

Hamare pas ab yeh sare raaste khule hai (feel free to add...agar mujhse koi choot gaya ho)

1) andhe gunge bahre bankar is 'rape' ko 'enjoy' kare....jab tak ki Allah ki tarafse koi azaab ya mozija naazil ho

2) Hujum me to bane rahe....magar jaheri 'khamoshi' ikhteyar kare...aur andar hi andar apne parayonko roshni dikhaneme madad kare

3) Khule aam bagawat kar de Kotharse...dekhe kya ukhaat lete hai hamara

4) SQK groupse baat kare...agar unhe hamari kuch sharte manjoor ho...to unse jud jaye...par koi gurantee nahi ke aage chalkar yeh bhi apna rang naa dikhaye

5) Apna alag Mustaqal group banaye...apni aql aur Quran ki hidayat par amal karneki koshish kare

6) Existing reformist groume ja mile....unki apni established jamaat hai...deeni program bhi hote hai

محمد

Unread post by محمد » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:58 am

abbasb wrote:Aaj haqeeqat me hum aise mod par aa khade hai....ki chupchap tamasha dekhte hue 'enjoy' karna kayarta aur unIslamic hoga...

Hamare pas ab yeh sare raaste khule hai (feel free to add...agar mujhse koi choot gaya ho)

1) andhe gunge bahre bankar is 'rape' ko 'enjoy' kare....jab tak ki Allah ki tarafse koi azaab ya mozija naazil ho

2) Hujum me to bane rahe....magar jaheri 'khamoshi' ikhteyar kare...aur andar hi andar apne parayonko roshni dikhaneme madad kare

4) SQK groupse baat kare...agar unhe hamari kuch sharte manjoor ho...to unse jud jaye...par koi gurantee nahi ke aage chalkar yeh bhi apna rang naa dikhaye

5) Apna alag Mustaqal group banaye...apni aql aur Quran ki hidayat par amal karneki koshish kare

6) Existing reformist groume ja mile....unki apni established jamaat hai...deeni program bhi hote hai
now you are talking, good points and I liked your tone.

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:32 am

abbasb iam not giving you any suggestions but just presenting facts ive had the the experience of the company of some very renowned bhaisahibs ummaals and jamia muallimeen and ive seen their point of view and limitations similarly ive the opportunity to meet some staunch reformist and udaipur stalwarts as well as reformists frm africa some of whom were my close relatives now i tell you honestly you think you can form a new group, groups are formed when you have a leader of calibure and what i have seen in reformists even on this forum they talk just for the sake of talking without any direction just to negate the other person, my friend things doesnt work that way, people dont agree but i tell you even KQ group will not dent the jamaat, how can we seperate ourselves from this group we are deep routed into it, only difference which we can make is if educated people come into contact with each other and break the cartel that some hardcore elements have created, remember mola ALI said i like the experience of an old man in comparison to the aggressiveness of a young man so if educated people come hold hands and come forward to curtail the mullahs with logical reasoning iam sure they would limit themselves, you dont have to leave the jamaat this is your jamaat these are your people, why do you consider yourself different frm them, i assure you there are thousands like you who are waiting for the right moment, so dont give hope and stay as Iqbal says PAEWASTA REH SHAJAR SE UMEED E BAHAR RAKH.

Akhtiar Wahid

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:15 am

abbasb wrote:Aaj haqeeqat me hum aise mod par aa khade hai....ki chupchap tamasha dekhte hue 'enjoy' karna kayarta aur unIslamic hoga...

Abbas Bhai
Aapki joh criterias hain woh bakhubi hain lekin mein aapse yehi kehna chatah hoon, har koi apne aap mein bohra ke andar reformist hain. Bohra log tahey dil se chahte hain ke yeh jo system hain khuch hadd tak badal jaaey. Meri badnaseebi hain ke mein pehle reformist ko samajh nahee paaya aur su dur se nazaara dekhta rahey lekin jab meri aankhein khuli dawat ke paaney palat chuke the aur Muffadal Saab aur SKQ sahib ke beech mein tanav hogayi.
Tab hi mera andi rooh jaghi aur mujhe iqtala ki ke haqq ko samajh ke usko mann na. aur mujhe koi darr nahe hain yeh kehke ki mujhe haq sirf SKQ sahib mein nazar aatah hain
unka tajurba, unki khidmat, unka aala martaba, unki jafisani, unki mohabbat Dai ul Mutlaq SMB (RA) ki taraf, unki panjantan pak ki hidayat, unke har amaal se noor jhalakta hain
SKQ sahib zaroor manegey reformist group ki baat kyun ke tahey dil se woh unke hee liye lad rahe hain
ek waaz mein SMB(RA) ne farmaya tha ke " BHAI UDAIPUR FATEH KARSE", kya patah woh waqt abhi hain. unko hum jaisa hum nahee mann sakte agar unko hum leader or spiritual or temporal guide manke chalengay tabhi woh is ALAM KO AAGEY le ja saktey
woh Inshallah hamare conditions ko samjhengay lekin humko unke conditions ke hisab se bhi chalna parega

Bohra spring

Unread post by Bohra spring » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:36 pm

a) Read Quran with translation (with tafseer too, if you have stomach for it) DOING
b) Don't bother for 'raza' for at least silly things as a starters AGREE NEVER DOING
c) Make friends outside DB and learn their culture n values HAVE HUNDREDS OF THEM
d) Stay away from 'dabba' that is a first refusal of non obedience GOT A DABBA A YEAR AGO AND THAT TOO WAS FREE
e) Stay away from Darghas...this way you are weakening their cash inflow NOPE DONT BELIEVE IN TOMB VISITS
f) Question your local aamil for any 'amal' he wants you to perform....reflect n research if it complies with Islamic teachings GOOD POINT NEED TO DO MORE OF THIS
g) Listen/watch Islamic debates/sermons both Sunni n Shia scholars worldwide ITS ALSO AVAILABLE VIA YOUTUBE
h) NEVER give any 'najwas' NEED TO STOP THIS TO ZERO
i) Encourage your siblings n children for secular education n inculcate the habbit of making enquiries YEP MY KIDS ARE BETTER AT THIS
j) Annually pay minimal in order to 'jaan zhute' PAY FOR SERVICES RECEIVED , HOW DOES ONE PAY LESS THAN LAST YEARS AMOUNT I NEVER SEEM TO GET THE REVERSE GEAR

ARB

Unread post by ARB » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:05 pm

I believe a very important step is living outside or away from the bohri mohallas, as mentioned by seeker110. It is way easier to send your kids to school, and go to work yourself on "relay" days, as there is no peer pressure. There is also no pressure to attend any of the misc compulsory jamans/misaaq majlis, and you dont have to hide inside your house. The most unfortunate are those who had to go because of neighbors and mohallay walas would notice. Plus its a perfect excuse to keep your children out of bohri madrasa. Keeping your children/spouse/parents away from the 24/7 masjid activity will also help to free their minds.

Michigan

Unread post by Michigan » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:22 pm

My $0.02
>Make friends within the current power structure who are not extremists(tough to find), to ease your way into/out of certain situations.

Mkenya

Unread post by Mkenya » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:09 am

محمد aur abbasb
Biradaran, apni kaum mein aaj jahaan jahaan waaz, halke, misaq, jaman, wagere hote hein wahan par mere khayal se aadhe se uper lok majburan jaate hein. Gaye pachas salo se meine inhi logo ko se sirf shikayat hi suni hein. Fulan sheikh ne kiya, fulan aamil ne aanke dikha kar ziada paise nikale, cash-se-banaye-gaye sheikho ne ees tara or oos tara dadagiri dikhai. Sawal yeh peda hota hey ke jab halaat aise hein to who log jaate kiun he. Jawab to sidha hei ke yeh log ke paas aur chara hi nahi hei. Mene suna he ke jab famili mein koi bhi waqeya ki zikar hoti hei to mamle jagde pur chali jaati hei. Ghar mein apne buzurgo to ye MS aur QS ke tanav mein pisaey jaa rahe hei. Apni quom hijrio se Dai ko mante chale aye he. Ye naye daur mein jo 'shatranj' ka khel jaari hei usko unpe koi farak nahi padhta. Apne lug to chota mota karobar karke guzara kar lete hein. Yeh daur ke baccho ko aage padne ka kya faida hei woh abhi gale mein utra hei. Apni kaum Dai ya koi kaptan bagair nahi chal sakti. Dai ke pass aaj jo surmukhtiari ka samaan, paise, taakat, hei woh bahot aasani se istimaal karke sub ko hafaan dege.Mein majburi ke saath kehta hun ke reformists ya to aur group sangathan karke kuch bhi kare kuch nahi hoye payega. Jehi haal he QS ka. Uske pas to eik baans ki bansari hei aur MS ke bansri ke lawa trombone ke saath philharmonic orchestra hei. Mei to saara tamasha dek kar afsaus karta hun ke kya ye dono mein se hamko eik ki bhi zarurat hei? Kya khel rachaya hei ye paiso aur taakat ke hawashi ne. Tajjub ke baat to yeh hei ke un logo sab undar undar mein shaadi se sharik hei, sab jayedaat pe hyena ki tarah toot pardhe hein; aur beech me kaum ko Nus ke drame tarah tarah se paish karte hein. Karoro rupees, dollars, euros, ki hi baat hei. Kaum to eik jazeera hei ke paiso ke selab 'ta Qayamat' jaari rahegi. Allah Karim ke darbar mein meri dili dua he ke yeh bahut katheen maamlat jaldi se sawar de.

Fateh

Unread post by Fateh » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:29 am

Sir aapane bahut sahi likha hai,ye sab money ke diwane hai,kisiko kaum ki kuchh bhi nahi padi hai.Apani ayyashi ke liye ye log kuchh bhi kar sakte hai .Magar agar Allah subhanu chahega to ye logo ki bhi halat karoon jaisi hi hogi.Magar mein ye manta hun ke Allah hamari kaum ko saja de raha hai tabhi to hamein aise gunde rahber mile hai.Khuda hamare gunaho ko baksha de aur hamein neq or sacha rahber atta farmaye.
AGAR KHUDA PE BHAROSA HAI TO KYUN BULATA HAI FARISTO KO
SAMANDER PE UDANE WALE PARINDO KE PAS NAKASHE(MAP) NAHI HOTE
PHIR BHI WO APANA MAKAM DHUNDH LETA HAI

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:23 am

Fateh wrote: Magar mein ye manta hun ke Allah hamari kaum ko saja de raha hai tabhi to hamein aise gunde rahber mile hai.Khuda hamare gunaho ko baksha de aur hamein neq or sacha rahber atta farmaye.
AGAR KHUDA PE BHAROSA HAI TO KYUN BULATA HAI FARISTO KO
SAMANDER PE UDANE WALE PARINDO KE PAS NAKASHE(MAP) NAHI HOTE
PHIR BHI WO APANA MAKAM DHUNDH LETA HAI
You had neither considered Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA as your rehbar nor you are considering Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin TUS so which rehbar are you talking about. You never had any rehbar.

Ohh so you are referring to a self claimed rehbar of yours which appeared 2 months ago on youtube for which reformist are going crazy and fancying him. Brother i second you....SAZA TOH TUM LOGO KO MILI HAI

Fateh

Unread post by Fateh » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:52 am

Dost neq or sachha rehber shikar nahi karata,kaum ke paiso se ayyashi nahi karata.Apane ko mamluke alemahammad kehker moavia or yazeed bhi sharma ker mar jaye aisi ayyashi nahi karata.Gandhiji jo ek hindu the phir bhi jab unko mehsoos hua ki desh mein aise bhi insan hai jiske pass pahen ne ko ek kapada bhi nahi to unho ne jindagi bhar sirf ek hi dhoti paheni thi or voh to koi spiritual leader bhi nahi the aur ye apane aap ko spiritual leader batane walein kaum ka kafan bhi nahi chhodate.Aur bhai hum bahut khush hai aise asaram bapu jaise rehbaro se mentally chhutakara pake.Baki waqt hi batayega kon saja pata hai .

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:29 am

You never had any rehbar.
True Bohra
Only True Bohra needs a Rehbar that also a questionable one
For the rest of Muslim Ummah, Allaha is Rehbar

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:58 am

hey SBM you understand the difference bw ALLAH and waliullah or are you frm the group who believes on MAR GAYA MARDOOD NA FATEHA NA DAROOD

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:12 am

salaar wrote:hey SBM you understand the difference bw ALLAH and waliullah or are you frm the group who believes on MAR GAYA MARDOOD NA FATEHA NA DAROOD
Salaar
Which Mardood are you referring to? My Rehber is Allaha who needs no Fateha

salaar

Unread post by salaar » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:36 am

iam referring to the creations of Allah, who created soil(madaniyaat) plants(nabataat) animals(haywaan) and finally humans(insaan) qamong the category of insaan he has again created some who have brain of monkeys embedded in human body and this group we call mardood who dont believe on fateha and darood i think now you understand whom i was referring to.