Misak and EJamat Cards

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
zfj786111

Misak and EJamat Cards

Unread post by zfj786111 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:32 am

This is exactly the reason I do not come for the Bohri Jamat for all these years. Every time I try the Bhaisab gives a hard time, makes it difficult and lays down impossible conditions. This time is one more time (I have had several previous bad experiences). My wife convinced me with the new Bavasab things will be different and that I should take the 'misak' and give it a shot. I said OK, will do. I went in good faith and hope, and good intent.

On Sunday Feb 23, 2014, my wife, son, and I went for the Samoo Misak. It was done. Then on individual basis the Bhaisab took our (my son and I) individual Misaks and also took the salam covers.

After dinner Bensab told my wife to submit our papers for our ejamat cards. Bhaisab said that he will not send the cards for processing for one and half year (and the process time is 6 months), so in effect we have to wait two years for the ejamat cards. During that time we have to attend at least 90% of the jamat functions, regardless of which part of the world and what circumstances we are in (illogical and totally don't care attitude). My wife told him that her father is 83 year old widower with medical problems and she has to run overseas time and again to take care of him; my husband has undergone two strokes and rehabs of almost a year; and my son has just started his career, working different shifts and trying to take care of his parents and grandparent with his low income. How can all three of us attend 90%? He said that I don’t want to listen to anything and that is your family problem. Religion teaches compassion and humanity. Where is it now?

Without ejamat cards there will be no record of our attendance in any part of the world. With Misak and as our birth right we should be entitled to ejamat cards to confirm we are part of the Bohri community. My wife and son have been attending regularly past 6 years on big occasions approx. 6 times each year. Yet he says you’ll are nonparticipants and not in the community. I have never attended so he can tell me but cannot deny my ejamat card. But why penalize my wife and son? I can understand if he does not give safaii chittis for Omrah or Haj or Nikah for non-attendance thereafter, but he cannot deny our right to ejamat cards. The ejamat card is the birth right of a Bohri.

Next day my wife asked him for confirmation of our 'Misaks". He refused and said he does not recognize the Misaks and we have to take the Misaks again wherever we are in the world. So, a religious head turns back on his own doing. How can one trust this priest and his preaching?

So much for my faith in our Bohra community. Instead of welcoming folks into our community, he finds ways to drive them further away and reconfirming their beliefs. Prove it to me that it is worth for me to be in the Bohri Community with kind deeds and warm welcome!

trvoice

Re: Misak and EJamat Cards

Unread post by trvoice » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:34 pm

What city, country are we talking about ?

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:16 pm

This is james - Nothing like this ever happens!!

taara

Unread post by taara » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:26 pm

ZF Bhai....that is a terrible story. I'm so sorry that you were subjected to that type of harassment....but sadly, I don't find it very surprising. At all.

true_abde

Unread post by true_abde » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:53 am

are you talking abt new RFID ejamaat cards? in that case your old ejamaat card is still valid....you can still use it for scanning and all...!

AMAFHH

Unread post by AMAFHH » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:54 am

zfj786111 wrote:This is exactly the reason I do not come for the Bohri Jamat for all these years. Every time I try the Bhaisab gives a hard time, makes it difficult and lays down impossible conditions. This time is one more time (I have had several previous bad experiences). My wife convinced me with the new Bavasab things will be different and that I should take the 'misak' and give it a shot. I said OK, will do. I went in good faith and hope, and good intent.

On Sunday Feb 23, 2014, my wife, son, and I went for the Samoo Misak. It was done. Then on individual basis the Bhaisab took our (my son and I) individual Misaks and also took the salam covers.

After dinner Bensab told my wife to submit our papers for our ejamat cards. Bhaisab said that he will not send the cards for processing for one and half year (and the process time is 6 months), so in effect we have to wait two years for the ejamat cards. During that time we have to attend at least 90% of the jamat functions, regardless of which part of the world and what circumstances we are in (illogical and totally don't care attitude). My wife told him that her father is 83 year old widower with medical problems and she has to run overseas time and again to take care of him; my husband has undergone two strokes and rehabs of almost a year; and my son has just started his career, working different shifts and trying to take care of his parents and grandparent with his low income. How can all three of us attend 90%? He said that I don’t want to listen to anything and that is your family problem. Religion teaches compassion and humanity. Where is it now?

Without ejamat cards there will be no record of our attendance in any part of the world. With Misak and as our birth right we should be entitled to ejamat cards to confirm we are part of the Bohri community. My wife and son have been attending regularly past 6 years on big occasions approx. 6 times each year. Yet he says you’ll are nonparticipants and not in the community. I have never attended so he can tell me but cannot deny my ejamat card. But why penalize my wife and son? I can understand if he does not give safaii chittis for Omrah or Haj or Nikah for non-attendance thereafter, but he cannot deny our right to ejamat cards. The ejamat card is the birth right of a Bohri.

Next day my wife asked him for confirmation of our 'Misaks". He refused and said he does not recognize the Misaks and we have to take the Misaks again wherever we are in the world. So, a religious head turns back on his own doing. How can one trust this priest and his preaching?

So much for my faith in our Bohra community. Instead of welcoming folks into our community, he finds ways to drive them further away and reconfirming their beliefs. Prove it to me that it is worth for me to be in the Bohri Community with kind deeds and warm welcome!

Brother
according to the above , can you name the Country & the Aamil of your place ?

zfj786111

Unread post by zfj786111 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:34 am

Two of you asked me which country and which Amil. I have no idea who you are and what further harassment my family and I will be subjected to and who can I trust and rely on for help and justice?? But what I have stated is actual fact and truth. I have not been part of the community for years, but believe in Islam and Allah, and since previously I had had bad many such bad experiences and this experience only adds to the bitterness. Though I have gladly helped my fellow Bhori brothers and sisters in need. My wife and son have been part of the community on main occasions. All three of us have been to Omrah few years back (me without the card or safaii chitti, but stayed out of the jamat khana--was not allowed to stay). My wife has done a lot of ziaruts around the world. Since I have had two strokes she is now worried what will happen when I die? I told her "Allah is Great, the Almighty and Merciful", and He will hold his hand on your head and guide you. Trust only Allah. Ameen.

WYP

Unread post by WYP » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:43 am

Perfect! You are all set. As it is, if you have complete trust in only Allah, you really don't need ziaruts and all the other stuff.

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:14 am

My wife has done a lot of ziaruts around the world. Since I have had two strokes she is now worried what will happen when I die? .
I hope that your wife realizes that all the ziaruts that she did around the world behind these fake idols was of no use. These ziaruts will abandon her when she needs them the most. Everyone who does these ziaruts should be similarly worried. They are of no use.

perspective

Unread post by perspective » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:01 pm

@ Anajmi
If u don't believe in ziarats then what should we do to get the things we want most. I m asking to you this coz u have given a very strong sentence of not doing ziarats

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:06 pm

Make dua to Allah. Doing ziaruts is asking from humans who are incapable of helping. If your Dais were capable of solving people's problems, they wouldn't need najwas and salaams from you.

questions

Unread post by questions » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:31 pm

To zfj786111 - I am sorry for your experience but not surprised - please know and tell others that ejamat card is not a right - but rather it is a weapon that the kothar administration uses very effectively against its abdes - that is the reason I did not get my picture taken even though my family did - I could forsee how it would be used for control and coercion - but even I could not think how low muffy mafia would fall and scan scan, scan everywhere - it is not far when the "mullahs on the mainframe" will link ITS card directly to your debit/credit card and lootofy you directly to the max and not even have to waste time negotiating with you - That linkage will be proof of how much you love and trust your maula !!

Also anajmi is right - stay away from zirarat and pray only to Allah - he is closer to you than your jugular. All the best for your health.

james

Unread post by james » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:33 pm

questions wrote: Also anajmi is right - stay away from zirarat and pray only to Allah - he is closer to you than your jugular. All the best for your health.
Imam Jafer us Sadiq went for ziarat of Imam Husain AS . In your opinion , was he wrong to do so ? ( Nozubillah )

anajmi

Unread post by anajmi » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:57 pm

There is a difference between the ziarat of Imam Jafar Sadiq and the ziaruts that bohras of today are forced to do. Did Imam Jafar Sadiq have to get an ejamaat card swiped to record his attendance? Was he coerced into going? Was he refused misaaq if he chose not to go?

This is what was written by bohra-manus on another thread.
In one city in India, the jammat committee (& local Aamil) are recording the following information about each family:
-- did you attend Maulana's janaza procession in Mumbai or the realy in local masjid?
-- how many in your family have done the ziyarat of SMB and SMT in Mumbai?
-- how many in your family plan to attend the Chehlum in Mumbai?
(They are insisting that all/some members must attend the Chehlum)
Did Imam Jafar Sadiq have to fill up such a questionnaire?

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:47 pm

To all our Abdes
Can you please stop comparing the current and former Dai to Imam Hussain-Prophet Mohammed or any of other Duaats, Can not compare Sour Oranges to Sweet Apples
Please.............

perspective

Unread post by perspective » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:26 am

@sbm
I am glad that you point out this
Now first of all we are not comparing dai to imam atleast me
The word comparison is debatable here
I am comparing situations not person
For ex kutbuddin shaheed mola has same situation as of imam husain in karbala but this doesn't mean we comparing kutbuddin shaheed mola to imam hussain

Also when someone thinks about like this way that mola Ali (a.s) did jaman for momin so I also should do this doesn't mean he is comparing himself to mola Ali (a.s) by doing this
Also by saying above I am not protecting or defending anyone coz whom Allah taala protect none can do anything

To discover Allah taala discover prophet mohmmad (saw) to discover prophet mohmmad (saw) discover mola Ali to discover mola Ali discover Imam to discover imam discover dai.......

Thank you

true_bohra

Unread post by true_bohra » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:07 am

SBM wrote:To all our Abdes
Can you please stop comparing the current and former Dai to Imam Hussain-Prophet Mohammed or any of other Duaats, Can not compare Sour Oranges to Sweet Apples
Please.............
got your point...but where were you when this forum members were comparing themselves with the ashabs of Imam Husains As fighting with kothar and terming Kothar as yazeedi Army.

Were the ashabs of Imam AS so abusive??? (Nauzobillah)

Akhtiar Wahid

Unread post by Akhtiar Wahid » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:09 am

perspective wrote:@sbm
I am glad that you point out this
Now first of all we are not comparing dai to imam atleast me
The word comparison is debatable here
I am comparing situations not person
For ex kutbuddin shaheed mola has same situation as of imam husain in karbala but this doesn't mean we comparing kutbuddin shaheed mola to imam hussain

Also when someone thinks about like this way that mola Ali (a.s) did jaman for momin so I also should do this doesn't mean he is comparing himself to mola Ali (a.s) by doing this
Also by saying above I am not protecting or defending anyone coz whom Allah taala protect none can do anything

To discover Allah taala discover prophet mohmmad (saw) to discover prophet mohmmad (saw) discover mola Ali to discover mola Ali discover Imam to discover imam discover dai.......

Thank you
and whose your Dai SMS or SKQ?

james

Unread post by james » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:52 pm

Please.............
Every breath of Dai Mutlaq of the past and present is in the service of Allah Ta'ala and his Prophet Mohammed SAW and his Noble Itrat Imam uz Zaman AS . Comparisons are rightly made between them for Imam uz Zaman has allowed the Dai Mutlaq to sit in his seat and run the Dawat like a Captain of a Ship ( Najat Safina ) till he does his zuhoor.

Yemeni mumineen when doing deedar of their Maula TUS sing this nasheed the same way the Ansar sung to Prophet Mohammed SAW upon his arrival to Medina after Hijrat.

ṭala‘a 'l-badru ‘alaynā
min thaniyyāti 'l-wadā‘
wajaba 'l-shukru ‘alaynā
mā da‘ā li-l-lāhi dā‘

Oh the white moon rose over us
From the valley of al-Wadā‘
And we owe it to show gratefulness
Where the call is to Allah.

’ayyuha 'l-mab‘ūthu fīnā
ji’ta bi-l-’amri 'l-muṭā‘
ji’ta sharrafta 'l-madīnah
marḥaban yā khayra dā‘

Oh you who were raised among us
Coming with a word to be obeyed
You have brought to this city nobleness
Welcome best caller to God's way.

Transliteration and translation taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tala'_al_Badru_'Alayna

trvoice

Unread post by trvoice » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:25 pm

james wrote:
Please.............
Every breath of Dai Mutlaq of the past and present is in the service of Allah Ta'ala and his Prophet Mohammed SAW and his Noble Itrat Imam uz Zaman AS . Comparisons are rightly made between them for Imam uz Zaman has allowed the Dai Mutlaq to sit in his seat and run the Dawat like a Captain of a Ship ( Najat Safina ) till he does his zuhoor.

Yemeni mumineen when doing deedar of their Maula TUS sing this nasheed the same way the Ansar sung to Prophet Mohammed SAW upon his arrival to Medina after Hijrat.

ṭala‘a 'l-badru ‘alaynā
min thaniyyāti 'l-wadā‘
wajaba 'l-shukru ‘alaynā
mā da‘ā li-l-lāhi dā‘

Oh the white moon rose over us
From the valley of al-Wadā‘
And we owe it to show gratefulness
Where the call is to Allah.

’ayyuha 'l-mab‘ūthu fīnā
ji’ta bi-l-’amri 'l-muṭā‘
ji’ta sharrafta 'l-madīnah
marḥaban yā khayra dā‘

Oh you who were raised among us
Coming with a word to be obeyed
You have brought to this city nobleness
Welcome best caller to God's way.

Transliteration and translation taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tala'_al_Badru_'Alayna

And who indoctrinated that into them ? Those people cannot even wash their butt by themselves, let alone sing the above stuff.

AFJ

Unread post by AFJ » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:05 pm

zfj786111 wrote:This is exactly the reason I do not come for the Bohri Jamat for all these years. Every time I try the Bhaisab gives a hard time, makes it difficult and lays down impossible conditions. This time is one more time (I have had several previous bad experiences). My wife convinced me with the new Bavasab things will be different and that I should take the 'misak' and give it a shot. I said OK, will do. I went in good faith and hope, and good intent.

This is true as I am the wife and after all this drama I still wanted to attend the Markas several times but I was not aware which days the markas is open to us as we are a small jamat in Miami and Ft Lauderdale. I request Bhensaheb MAsuma via email to request Janab Shabbir Bhai Saheb Hashim to place me on the email list that way I am aware of the dates the Markas is open to us to pray. But now its over a month and I had no reply for several reminder emails I had sent her. I have no choice but to leave for India to attend Markas for the holy month of Ramadan.
It is sad that when I could not attend I was told we cannot allow you to be placed of the meail list because you dont come regularly. But now that I want to attend regularly I am not told the days the Prayers are in the Markas. Only 20 percent of the families attend each and every day the Markas is open the rest all come only on the big nights yet I am the only one penalized that before you did not come so now even if you want to come you will not be told which days the markas is open for us to pray. The Markas is far away from where I live and so for me to go out and stand and wait for the doors to open makes no sense!!! TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO.
I was told by our Janab Shabbir Bhai saheb that if you come to the Markas on regular basis for 2 years then he will give me an ejamat card but by not informing me I will not be able to go regularly as this is his condition!!!!
I know I will face hardship since I have said this out in the open but I am willing to face it as it is not fair for me and my family to be rejected from my community. Bhen saheb Masuma did several request to Bhaisaheb in front of me but he was so arragont that he said it was not his problem!!! Where do I go for help??????pls advise!!!!

abde53

Unread post by abde53 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:37 pm

^
AFJ ben
I spoke to my friend who lives in Ft Luderdale and he goes to Markaz there. He read your post and he told me that even though Aamil Shabbir BS is strict and some times comes as arrogant but he is not that bad as you described him. He told me that this Aamil does not accept any money and he puts his own money towards Markaz as he is also a full time doctor who works for living unlike other Aamils.
He also told me that he thinks he knows who you are and you nor your husband are not that regular in the Markaz.
How much money have your given to Aamil Shabbir BS or to the Markaz. Did you pay your wajebaats ever.,

canadian

Unread post by canadian » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:49 pm

abde53 wrote:^
AFJ ben
I spoke to my friend who lives in Ft Luderdale and he goes to Markaz there. He read your post and he told me that even though Aamil Shabbir BS is strict and some times comes as arrogant but he is not that bad as you described him. .,
Abde53:
The amil is strict and sometimes arrogant, but he is not bad!!!!! :D
No offence, but it seems to me that both you and your Ft. Lauderdale friend are typical abdes (slaves)- will never see any fault in our leaders or will find some excuse for their misbehaviour.

Sufi monk

Unread post by Sufi monk » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:23 pm

it seems Ejamaat card is some kind of citizen card

AFJ

Unread post by AFJ » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:26 pm

AFJ ben
I spoke to my friend who lives in Ft Luderdale and he goes to Markaz there. He read your post and he told me that even though Aamil Shabbir BS is strict and some times comes as arrogant but he is not that bad as you described him. He told me that this Aamil does not accept any money and he puts his own money towards Markaz as he is also a full time doctor who works for living unlike other Aamils.
He also told me that he thinks he knows who you are and you nor your husband are not that regular in the Markaz.
How much money have your given to Aamil Shabbir BS or to the Markaz. Did you pay your wajebaats ever.,

abde53

In reply to your email...Yes I will not deny the fact that Amil Shabbir BS will not and does not accept money and yes you are absolutely right that he is a giver towards Markaz as he is Doctor and so is his son. Yes in that respect I am so proud to say that that our Amil is not like others and Bhen saheb is very kind person. But my complain is not that he takes money from us . It is mere the fact that when we approached him for the samuh misak and after the misak instead of telling us that he is happy to see us come and hope that we come regular to the markas and encouraging us to come more often by making us feel that we are part of the jamat, we were told that since we all don't come regularly we cannot be the part of the jamat. Bhai saheb has never ask us for any money and if he had we would have asked we would have willingly given for the Markaz and the wajebaats. He just claims that we cannot be a part of the Bohra community since we do not come on regular basis. I can say that half of the Miami and Ft lauderdale Dawoodi Bohras do not come on regular basis and many just come 7 times a year. Now that I want to come on regular basis, I had emailed Bhensaheb a month back and yesterday I got an email that she would be add me in the email list that send information which days to come to the marqas. I WAS VERY HAPPY TO SEE THE EMAIL BUT NOW I HAVE LEFT FOR INDIA TO JOIN THE MARKAS THERE SO I CAN ATTEND IN THE HOLY MONTH OF RAMADAN. IN INDIA I DO NOT HAVE ANY SUCH PROBLEMS AND I CAN GO EVERYDAY TO THE MASJID FOR PRAYERS IN THE HOLY MONTH OF RAMADAN.
Once again in all due respect to Shabbir BS all I wanted is to attend the maskas and pray and do khidmat for my community. I have done all ziarats without safai chitti and also my sons misakh and by the grace of Allah I have done Umrah too without safai chiiti and inshaalh will do Haj too. I just went last year to Jerusalem and did all my ziarats too. SO its not that I am asking for more. Now that Bhensaheb has placed me in the email list on my return I shall try to go as many times as I can to take sawab of prayers.

SBM

Unread post by SBM » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:59 pm

^
I had emailed Bhensaheb a month back and yesterday I got an email that she would be add me in the email list that send information which days to come to the marqas
Hello sister AFJ
It seems that your Bhai Saheb and Bhen Saheb do read this forum. After your posted your grievances on this forum of not receiving replies from Masuma Bhen we see now that she and your Aamil has put you on the list.
Seems like your Bhai Saheb and Ben Saheba do visit this forum and we should thank them. Please tell us upon your return how they treat you in person and if they say anything about this forum and your posts
SO ALL THOSE NAYSAYERS BACK KISSING ABDES WHO SAY THIS FORUM DOES NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERNCE, WE NOW HAVE PROOF THAT THIS FORUM DOES MAKE DIFFERENCE. WE NEED MORE LIKE SISTER AFJ WHO CAN NAME THE NAMES AND THEN SEE THE POSITIVE RESULTS
Good Luck Sister AFJ and hope you will always stand up against injustice

alam

Unread post by alam » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:31 am

I do hope that people will be encouraged to speak out and bring their concerns and problems with Jamat to this forum - you never know, solutions and help come in all forms. Even if no immediate or apparent help is detected, the seeds are being sown. Keep hope alive.

As far as Impact of this forum, I urge my brothers and sisters that every little bit of awareness raised by voicing your feelings, your stories, and your opinions matters. this is the feedback and forum that kothar uses as their moral compass, even though they may be the last to admit it. its the little voice that questions them at the end of the day - the voice of conscience.

The Aamils and Kothar and the regime needs to hear and read your stories, which are stories of human suffering.

786_110

Unread post by 786_110 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:35 am

abde53 wrote:^
AFJ ben

Abde53:
Look, I'm not from Ft. Lauderdale/ Miami but I come from a jamaat where similar ridiculous things have happened and I do understand this family's situation. For whatever reason they choose to not attend Masjid, it is not OUR job to criticize nor judge them. Same goes for their reasons for not paying wajebaat or donating money. Everyone has their own reasons, personally, even I do, but it's no ones business.
This family came to us for help and advice for this current situation and what they can do. They have good intentions, just because they don't attend often nor do they pay does that make them outcasts.

wiseman786

Unread post by wiseman786 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:51 am

I too have a similar problem with the misaaq that they are asking us to take. I have not taken the misaaq and I am the only one in my family to not take it. My parents have both taken the misaaq and attend all events of moharam, ramzaan you name it. The jamaat are now saying that if I don't take the misaaq, they will not allow any of us to be a part of the jammat. I truly don't care, but I know that my parents do. I really don't want to take the misaaq but I also don't want my parents to suffer because I didn't take it.
Taking the misaaq would also mean that I have, yet again, conformed to their rules and I can honestly say that I am done with it now. I know that if I believe in god then that is enough for me. I have tried to explain this to my parents but they seem to think that the jamaat is everything. I have had previous issues with the jamaat where they failed to provide support for us on two separate personal matters therefore I have lost all trust in them a long time ago. My parents have friends and family that may not talk to them if they are ousted so they have (or they think they have) a lot to lose. I have explained how they can carry on with their lives like a lot of other muslims around the world do and that staying at home and praying does not make them a less of a bohra than those who attend the masjid.
I am in a difficult position but I have decided that that I will not be taking the misaaq, but will do all I can to fight for the rights of my parents to remain in the jamaat if they wish to do so - they are paying their sabeel/wajebaat and have taken the misaaq so I don't know why they should not be allowed to attend.
This is how dawoodi bohra religion breaks down family and creates unwanted tension between family members.

Qureshi

Unread post by Qureshi » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:22 am

wiseman786 wrote:I too have a similar problem with the misaaq that they are asking us to take. I have not taken the misaaq and I am the only one in my family to not take it. My parents have both taken the misaaq and attend all events of moharam, ramzaan you name it. The jamaat are now saying that if I don't take the misaaq, they will not allow any of us to be a part of the jammat. I truly don't care, but I know that my parents do. I really don't want to take the misaaq but I also don't want my parents to suffer because I didn't take it.
Taking the misaaq would also mean that I have, yet again, conformed to their rules and I can honestly say that I am done with it now. I know that if I believe in god then that is enough for me. I have tried to explain this to my parents but they seem to think that the jamaat is everything. I have had previous issues with the jamaat where they failed to provide support for us on two separate personal matters therefore I have lost all trust in them a long time ago. My parents have friends and family that may not talk to them if they are ousted so they have (or they think they have) a lot to lose. I have explained how they can carry on with their lives like a lot of other muslims around the world do and that staying at home and praying does not make them a less of a bohra than those who attend the masjid.
I am in a difficult position but I have decided that that I will not be taking the misaaq, but will do all I can to fight for the rights of my parents to remain in the jamaat if they wish to do so - they are paying their sabeel/wajebaat and have taken the misaaq so I don't know why they should not be allowed to attend.
This is how dawoodi bohra religion breaks down family and creates unwanted tension between family members.
salute to you brother, you do have guts and I am sure glory will surely come to you , my story is exactly same as yours.

so good luck brother. :wink: