Bohra Madrasa Teaching

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
JC
Posts: 1624
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:01 am

Bohra Madrasa Teaching

#1

Unread post by JC » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:53 am

Few days back I was in bohra masjid and was standing in a group; saw a teenage boy who reads marsia and madah good (has good voice and style), I requested him to recite us some Ham'd and Na'at some day - to this the kid's face turned blank and asked me 'what are these?' .......... this made me speechless and I just moved on.

think
Posts: 1838
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:15 am

Re: Bohra Madrasa Teaching

#2

Unread post by think » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:08 am

what a surprize. This is what I have been telling all along. These kids have been made brain dead. soon you will see this kid become a sheikh and have his own marsia party and whereever he goes for his sing song it will only be with permission of local amil ie. translates to moula ne raza.

Spectator
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:08 pm

Re: Bohra Madrasa Teaching

#3

Unread post by Spectator » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:11 pm

JC, what is ham'd and na'at. Sincerely do not know what these are.

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Bohra Madrasa Teaching

#4

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:17 pm

Spectator wrote: JC, what is ham'd and na'at. Sincerely do not know what these are.
A hamd (Arabic: حمد‎) is a poem or song in praise of Allah. A hamd is usually written in Arabic, Persian, Punjabi, or Urdu. The word "hamd" comes from the Qur'an, which Muslims believe to be Allah's Word; its English translation is "Praise".

A Na`at (Arabic: نعت‎) is a poetry – sung with daff musical instruments – that specifically praises the Islamic prophet Muhammad. The practice is popular in South Asia (Pakistan and India), commonly in Urdu or Punjabi language. People who recite Naat are known as Naat Khawan or Sana'a-Khua'an in Bengali, Urdu, English, Turkish, Persian, Arabic, Punjabi and Sindhi Language

Source : Wikipedia.

trvoice
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: Bohra Madrasa Teaching

#5

Unread post by trvoice » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:48 pm

Madresah today are not for cultural education. Its 100% agenda indoctrination into young generation.

salsabeel
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Re: Bohra Madrasa Teaching

#6

Unread post by salsabeel » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:58 am

It is not the case with the madrasah operated by Qutbuddin Mola's dawat. It is about the philosophy of islam and being a good, sound human being.

zinger
Posts: 2077
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 am

Re: Bohra Madrasa Teaching

#7

Unread post by zinger » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:00 am

Since we are talking of Madrassa's here, this fits here too

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/ ... wMode=HTML

salaar
Posts: 635
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:36 am

Re: Bohra Madrasa Teaching

#8

Unread post by salaar » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:13 am

guys all madrassas try to enforce their kind of islam whether its a wahabi a barelvi a dawat islami a shia or a bohra madrassa so i feel what they teach there is according to their faith and believe now its upto you whether you want to send your kids there or not but one thing is for sure a few years of madrassa and its teachings remains intact through out your life and gives you the basic knowledge of islam and its ideologies, i myself never went to a madrassa and learn namaz and quran at home but i feel that gap thererfore i made it a point and send my son to madrassa and he completed all 10 classes and has a better understanding of fiqah and history then i do. anyways it is everybodys individual viewpoint.

Bohra spring
Posts: 1354
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:37 am

Re: Bohra Madrasa Teaching

#9

Unread post by Bohra spring » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:07 pm

salaar wrote:guys all madrassas try to enforce their kind of islam whether its a wahabi a barelvi a dawat islami a shia or a bohra madrassa so i feel what they teach there is according to their faith and believe now its upto you whether you want to send your kids there or not but one thing is for sure a few years of madrassa and its teachings remains intact through out your life and gives you the basic knowledge of islam and its ideologies, i myself never went to a madrassa and learn namaz and quran at home but i feel that gap thererfore i made it a point and send my son to madrassa and he completed all 10 classes and has a better understanding of fiqah and history then i do. anyways it is everybodys individual viewpoint.
What people forget is to achieve the namaz salat , the children are left with the slow poison of human worshiping. So end of the day is that gain worth risking loosing your child to the kothar kufr.

I am currently trying to wipe away the poisoned knowledge my kids have absorbed and the risk is the children will get confused and snap into extreme, agnostic or atheistic beliefs. One of my family members children lost total confidence in bohra and Shia has taken to become fundamental salafi. I have a friend whose kid has become secular and atheistic and has married a Hindu and refused to convert her to islam.

salaar
Posts: 635
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:36 am

Re: Bohra Madrasa Teaching

#10

Unread post by salaar » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:47 am

if we deprive our children of madrassa teachings i assure you the kids would land up in clutches of as you have yourself said atheist or probably a wahabi lobby. yes we do need reforms in madrassa, man is a social animal and has to attach himself with a group of people in that respect your kids are going to land somewhere which is probably worse then what we are in, honestly iam very much aware of madrassa curriculum and generally there is nothing wrong in that, you have to differentiate between the kothar practice and the madrassa stuff iam sure you would say that is the starting point where you change young minds but in my opinion there is nothing as such except for some foolish hardline concepts which we can filter out and give our kids a balanced approach because i have witnessed families who have stopped their children going to madrassas altogether and now they feel that they have not improved or strengthened their children islamic values.

ribbahs
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:45 am

Re: Bohra Madrasa Teaching

#11

Unread post by ribbahs » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:55 am

Bohra spring wrote:
salaar wrote:guys all madrassas try to enforce their kind of islam whether its a wahabi a barelvi a dawat islami a shia or a bohra madrassa so i feel what they teach there is according to their faith and believe now its upto you whether you want to send your kids there or not but one thing is for sure a few years of madrassa and its teachings remains intact through out your life and gives you the basic knowledge of islam and its ideologies, i myself never went to a madrassa and learn namaz and quran at home but i feel that gap thererfore i made it a point and send my son to madrassa and he completed all 10 classes and has a better understanding of fiqah and history then i do. anyways it is everybodys individual viewpoint.
What people forget is to achieve the namaz salat , the children are left with the slow poison of human worshiping. So end of the day is that gain worth risking loosing your child to the kothar kufr.

I am currently trying to wipe away the poisoned knowledge my kids have absorbed and the risk is the children will get confused and snap into extreme, agnostic or atheistic beliefs. One of my family members children lost total confidence in bohra and Shia has taken to become fundamental salafi. I have a friend whose kid has become secular and atheistic and has married a Hindu and refused to convert her to islam.
Whats wrong in marrying a hindu? let
her follow her belief and continue .....cmon guys which time are we living in???


W

Bohra spring
Posts: 1354
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:37 am

Re: Bohra Madrasa Teaching

#12

Unread post by Bohra spring » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:02 am

ribbahs where did I say marrying a Hindu is wrong , all I stated was an observation that the kids decided it was not worth converting the girl too Muslim

M Taha
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Re: Bohra Madrasa Teaching

#13

Unread post by M Taha » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:06 am

ribbahs wrote:
Bohra spring wrote: What people forget is to achieve the namaz salat , the children are left with the slow poison of human worshiping. So end of the day is that gain worth risking loosing your child to the kothar kufr.

I am currently trying to wipe away the poisoned knowledge my kids have absorbed and the risk is the children will get confused and snap into extreme, agnostic or atheistic beliefs. One of my family members children lost total confidence in bohra and Shia has taken to become fundamental salafi. I have a friend whose kid has become secular and atheistic and has married a Hindu and refused to convert her to islam.
Whats wrong in marrying a hindu? let
her follow her belief and continue .....cmon guys which time are we living in???


W
please read QURAAN, kafir is haram on muslim, do not try to deviate people in name of freedom.


Do Not Marry Idol Worshipers

[Quran 2:221] Do not marry idolatresses unless they believe; a believing woman is better than an idolatress, even if you like her. Nor shall you give your daughters in marriage to idolatrous men, unless they believe. A believing man is better than an idolater, even if you like him. These invite to Hell, while God invites to Paradise and forgiveness, as He wills. He clarifies His revelations for the people, that they may take heed.

[Quran 4:21] How could you take it back, after you have been intimate with each other, and they had taken from you a solemn pledge?

salaar
Posts: 635
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:36 am

Re: Bohra Madrasa Teaching

#14

Unread post by salaar » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:43 am

iam shocked after knowing that some among us even dont find marrying hindus a problem for themselves, if that is the case then iam sorry to say you are defying from the basic principles of islam, bohraism or reforms that is another story but if you simply want to jump over the perimeters of islam then my friend there seems nothing in common to debate about.

786_110
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Re: Bohra Madrasa Teaching

#15

Unread post by 786_110 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:55 am

When it comes to Madresa, one of the biggest problems is the teachers. When attending, I responded better to the teachers who were actually teachers with an education degree (it's because they did this for a living, they know what works and what doesn't)
They know how to get through to us. They also answered questions we had. The other teachers, the sheikhs wives, chamchas' wives, etc were always like, "don't ask why, just do it. You don't get to question."

think
Posts: 1838
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:15 am

Re: Bohra Madrasa Teaching

#16

Unread post by think » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:24 pm

salarf; do not ruin your children by sending them to madrassa. Today the stinch of madrassa can be seen in our young generation of human worshipping and ghano jivo robots. It will hopefully change one day to a liberal islamic institution purely for the object of imparting islamic knowledge, but till that time comes you would have already laid the cult type foundation in the young mind.