Uprising of Bohras against injustice at Ahmedabad

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
abbasb
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:01 am

Uprising of Bohras against injustice at Ahmedabad

#1

Unread post by abbasb » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:26 pm

This is a factual narration of events of 32 Mumeneen families residing at Maulai Daood Saheb Dargah, in Saraspur area, Ahmedabad for the past 40 years. These families have been living and practicing their distinct cultural life. They offer namaz in the hall within their area and community functions and community feasting in the same hall. The Mohalla Committee has bought vessels, plates, glasses, spoons appropriate for a feast and also gave it on minimal rent for the use. All this is managed by Mohalla Committee.

A new masjid and new community hall was built, one and half year back by the fazal of Shehzada Kusaibhai Saheb. The “iftetaah” of Masjid was done by late Mohammed Burhanuddin Maula. Simultaneously, a garden was built in the ‘dargah” compound. These structures were built for the convenience of the community living in the area. However, to the disappointment of the community, it was never meant to be. The community hall was locked without any reason for never to be used by community people.

The Chief of Dawoodi Trust, Ahmedabad, Shaikh Aun Ali refused to allow the community to use the community hall and have been put out the vessels outside the community hall. There is no other place for the vessels to be put; the vessel was then putted outside the hall. The Mohalla Committee members went to Shaikh Aun Ali and ask to consider their request to use the newly built community hall. However their request was turned down and did not communicate properly. He threatened the community of dire consequences. The Chief had complete control of social life of the community.

A water bore connection was taken in the same community hall. This used to supply water to garden. The work of municipal new water supply connection was in process; and since from 4-5 days the resident is not having water as the connection was cut for the new process, therefore people need to have water from bore-well. They requested trust property rakheval Taiyaab bhai to open the lock of community hall to take water from the bore-well. However, rakheval Taiyaab bhai did not given key for water by saying that he did not have permission from ‘uppar’, the so-called believers of Imam Hussain. People got agitated and broke the lock of the hall and taken the water and also putted the vessels inside the community hall and taken the hall under community.

This information was given by reach to the trust office of Ahmedabad and Shaikh Aun Ali, secretary, Shaikh Ammarbhai and Contractor Bhavnagri threatened women staying in the area. They said that “you people had done wrong, you will be put in trouble, and it is because of our obligation you are able to stay here”. People replied in unison that “Ehsan Khudano ane Maulano, amo Sacchai mate ladi laishu”
Photos
Photos
On behalf of Mr. Hujefa Ujjaini

ghulam muhammed
Posts: 11653
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Re: Uprising of Bohras against injustice at Ahmedabad

#2

Unread post by ghulam muhammed » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:44 pm

abbasb wrote:The Chief of Dawoodi Trust, Ahmedabad, Shaikh Aun Ali refused to allow the community to use the community hall and have been put out the vessels outside the community hall.
This Aun Ali is a rogue and has made millions during his tenure at the Burhanpur dargah, in fact he was perhaps the ONLY Amil to have ever been at a single Moze for so many years. He has connections with the top bosses of Saifee Mahal and is considered to be very close to one of the zaadas due to which numerous complains against him were totally ignored by Kothar. The Burhanpur Dargah is one of the top money spinners and the zaada is assured of his share in the loot.

seeker110
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am

Re: Uprising of Bohras against injustice at Ahmedabad

#3

Unread post by seeker110 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:52 pm

When the evil thekedar of tea growers and pickers was denying their basic human rights, the people went to his house in Assam and burned the house along with the thekedar and his wife. The report said they burned his two cars also. What is stopping the people of bohra community?

alam
Posts: 712
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Uprising of Bohras against injustice at Ahmedabad

#4

Unread post by alam » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:58 pm

abbasb wrote:This is a factual narration of events of 32 Mumeneen families residing at Maulai Daood Saheb Dargah, in Saraspur area, Ahmedabad for the past 40 years. These families have been living and practicing their distinct cultural life. They offer namaz in the hall within their area and community functions and community feasting in the same hall. The Mohalla Committee has bought vessels, plates, glasses, spoons appropriate for a feast and also gave it on minimal rent for the use. All this is managed by Mohalla Committee.

A new masjid and new community hall was built, one and half year back by the fazal of Shehzada Kusaibhai Saheb. The “iftetaah” of Masjid was done by late Mohammed Burhanuddin Maula. Simultaneously, a garden was built in the ‘dargah” compound. These structures were built for the convenience of the community living in the area. However, to the disappointment of the community, it was never meant to be. The community hall was locked without any reason for never to be used by community people.

The Chief of Dawoodi Trust, Ahmedabad, Shaikh Aun Ali refused to allow the community to use the community hall and have been put out the vessels outside the community hall. There is no other place for the vessels to be put; the vessel was then putted outside the hall. The Mohalla Committee members went to Shaikh Aun Ali and ask to consider their request to use the newly built community hall. However their request was turned down and did not communicate properly. He threatened the community of dire consequences. The Chief had complete control of social life of the community.

A water bore connection was taken in the same community hall. This used to supply water to garden. The work of municipal new water supply connection was in process; and since from 4-5 days the resident is not having water as the connection was cut for the new process, therefore people need to have water from bore-well. They requested trust property rakheval Taiyaab bhai to open the lock of community hall to take water from the bore-well. However, rakheval Taiyaab bhai did not given key for water by saying that he did not have permission from ‘uppar’, the so-called believers of Imam Hussain. People got agitated and broke the lock of the hall and taken the water and also putted the vessels inside the community hall and taken the hall under community.

This information was given by reach to the trust office of Ahmedabad and Shaikh Aun Ali, secretary, Shaikh Ammarbhai and Contractor Bhavnagri threatened women staying in the area. They said that “you people had done wrong, you will be put in trouble, and it is because of our obligation you are able to stay here”. People replied in unison that “Ehsan Khudano ane Maulano, amo Sacchai mate ladi laishu”
Collage of photos.jpg
On behalf of Mr. Hujefa Ujjaini
This account has merit and truth to it.
There is much happening at Ahmedabad after arrival of this Sheikh Aun Ali, and even qabrastaan graves are being dug up of people with immediate surviing relatives, without regard and arbitrarily.

Maqbool
Posts: 844
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 4:01 am

Re: Uprising of Bohras against injustice at Ahmedabad

#5

Unread post by Maqbool » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:19 am

Now there is a choice. One can jump the fence.

think
Posts: 1838
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:15 am

Re: Uprising of Bohras against injustice at Ahmedabad

#6

Unread post by think » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:24 pm

auin ali is a bad person, if denying water is his game.

wise_guy
Posts: 700
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:52 pm

Re: Uprising of Bohras against injustice at Ahmedabad

#7

Unread post by wise_guy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:15 pm

I hope that this snowballs into a big thing and becomes nightmare for the religious mafia

seeker110
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am

Re: Uprising of Bohras against injustice at Ahmedabad

#8

Unread post by seeker110 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:54 pm

Someone should bring a fiery end to this dadagiri. Knock one out other will run with tails behind their .....

abad 65
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Re: Uprising of Bohras against injustice at Ahmedabad

#9

Unread post by abad 65 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:57 am

Nothing can happen until we all get united and help each other

seeker110
Posts: 1726
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am

Re: Uprising of Bohras against injustice at Ahmedabad

#10

Unread post by seeker110 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:07 pm

Uniting everyone needs a lot of time and discussion. the job requires four to five men in dark clothes on a dark night. Could be accomplished in one hour. You guys know the hardships faced by the evil snakes, just get rid of it, first. Community can pray for the success.

DB- MUMBAIKAR
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:20 am

Re: Uprising of Bohras against injustice at Ahmedabad

#11

Unread post by DB- MUMBAIKAR » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:40 am

seeker110 wrote:Uniting everyone needs a lot of time and discussion. the job requires four to five men in dark clothes on a dark night. Could be accomplished in one hour. You guys know the hardships faced by the evil snakes, just get rid of it, first. Community can pray for the success.

Unity in our community is the need of the hour... or else we will be persecuted by these bunch of rascals (Kothar) for ages to come because that is what has been inculcated in them (zada's and their family) by their forefathers and that is what they are teaching their children... to rule and oppress the common men (bohras) by fear, intimidation and by using weapons like excommunication or even violence in some cases to suppress them and make them their (kothar) slaves for life.......

Came across this quote which is relevant in today's time & felt like sharing here;

"Religion is the brainchild of fear, and fear is the parent of cruelty. The greatest evils inflicted on humankind are perpetrated not by pleasure-seekers, self-seeking opportunists, or those who are merely amoral, but by fervent devotees of religion." - Emmanuel Kofi Mensah

abbasb
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:01 am

Re: Uprising of Bohras against injustice at Ahmedabad

#12

Unread post by abbasb » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:54 am

Maulai Daood Saheb Dargah, Ahmedabad Issue Update:

Following the people's reaction for the opening of the community hall, the Ahmedabad ‘devri officers’ decided to call the Mohalla Committee members. They intimidated the Mohalla committee and said that the act of the people was illegal. Further, the ‘devri officers’ said “the property do not belong to the people and therefore each and every house will be issued legal notice, if the key will not be returned.

The area ‘Janab Shaikh Saifuddin’ interfered and took responsibility that he will make compromise deals with Shaikh Aunali when he returns from Karbala. He asked time of 10 days and promised that the community hall will be open for the use of the people. However, he asked the Mohalla committee member to give the keys of community hall to ‘devri officers’. Mohalla committee member realizing the consequences of giving the keys to devri officers, kept one pair of keys with them and returned another pair of keys to ‘Janab’. However, the word given by “Janab” seemed to be futile. After ten days, the situation remained status quo.

This led to many difficulties. A community hall, is not a physical space but a cultural and spiritual space that binds the community together. It is meant for celebration of community events. However, as the community hall was closed for the people, on the day of “fatema” Moomenaat had to recite ‘majlis of fatema’ in an open ‘gali’ just next to the masjid in hot weather conditions. They were not given “raza” to use the hall for the majlis.

Maulai Dawood Saheb Dargah urush was on the 16th March, 2014, no proactive steps were taken for compromise and people were not allowed to use the hall. The feast of ‘urs jaman’ was organized in the open place in hot weather.

People have not forgotten their duties. Women have been offering majlis of fatema, community have come together for the urs feast, but the keepers of the community seemed to have failed in their duties. The community hall meant for people which was promised to be open is now closed. It is the duty of ‘devri officers’ to make an environment free and make the better use of Dawaat Properties in the favor of people.

This all is happening with the command of ‘Shaikh Aunali and Shaikh Ammar’ that is behaving and acting as autocrat and ruling over the people with the power of money, which is also of people.

Still there is a hope, raise voices against injustice.

Posted on behalf of Mr. Hozefa Ujjaini
Attachments
IMG_20140320_174717.jpeg
IMG_20140312_131952.jpeg