Suggestions for topics on Fatemi Dawat weekly newsletter

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
rational_guy

Suggestions for topics on Fatemi Dawat weekly newsletter

Unread post by rational_guy » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:11 pm

The team behind the weekly newsletter is doing a good job. I want to start this thread so that users like us can request certain type of content. Wanted to start from the basics and was hoping for the following:
1. translation of wazu and namaz doas
2. weekly discussion of a Ayat, Rasulullah SAW hadees qudsi and Mola Ali AS Qalaam mubarak
3. section should be started, where user questions are answered in the news letter, so that all can benefit. For instance, how do people manage roza's if work is outside kasar area. etc..

everyone pls add to this list

Sequence

Re: Suggestions for topics on Fatemi Dawat weekly newsletter

Unread post by Sequence » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:10 pm

this is not official SKQ website, kindly email this to SKQ camp from contact section of their website.

rational_guy

Unread post by rational_guy » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:25 pm

this is just a forum, to get ideas. after a few ideas are collated, they can be forwarded to fatemidawat.com

Sequence

Unread post by Sequence » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:29 am

first and formost I want to read Quraan with tafseer and tarjuma from fatemidawat point of view.

dawoodfakhruddin

Unread post by dawoodfakhruddin » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:30 am

bhai ye fatemi dawat ki site nai hai....to idea maag raha hain....skq ko ab koi nahi mila to hum dikhte hai kya?

rational_guy

Unread post by rational_guy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:01 am

one very interesting topic would be the rich history of dawat. Maybe starting from the prophet, and moving down towards the duat in India. Highlighting major events and riwayats. This will also shed light onto the struggles Dawat has gone through and sacrifices made, eg. Karbala, Ahemdabad. The socio-economic conditions etc ...

abbasb

Unread post by abbasb » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:11 pm

I recommend two books if anyone wants to study the origins of Dawoodi Bohras:

The Bohras by Asghar Ali Engineer
Mullahs on the Mainframe by Jonah Blank

rational_guy

Unread post by rational_guy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:01 pm

I was always intrigued by Syedna Moayyaid Shirazi and his work which was fundamental in preparation of the Satr Dawat. Very little known about his own personal life, until I came across this book by Dr. Tahera Qutbuddin: Al-mu'ayyad Al-shirazi And Fatimid Da'wa Poetry: A Case Of Commitment In Classical Arabic Literature
Available on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Tahera-Qutbuddin/e/B001JXNDOW

The intro talks in great detail about Syedna Moayyaid's struggles and his own personal endeavour to receive the dua of the Imam. The book is about how he establishes the lofty position Imam amongst the Umma as the true Amir-al-Mumineen. He does this with only his PEN, showing his poetic and literary genious.

An easier read is a book about the sayings of Mola Ali AS http://www.amazon.com/Treasury-Virtues- ... 874&sr=1-1

Sequence

Unread post by Sequence » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:57 pm

I would like to see a islamic designed flag for SKQ camp.