One Man’s Search for the Truth

The one and only free public forum for Bohras. The focus of this forum is the reform movement, the Dawoodi Bohra faith and, of course, the corrupt priesthood. But the discussion is in no way restricted to the Bohras alone.
monginis

One Man’s Search for the Truth

Unread post by monginis » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:41 pm

Bismillah

After the sad demise of Syedna Burhanuddin, for many confusion prevailed as they struggled to find the Truth. In these circumstances, a mumin residing in North-America who turned to his knowledge of ‘faal’ in the Qur’an – i.e. opening the Qur’an with the intention of seeking an answer to a particular question in one’s mind. He has written his own search for truth and has expressed to us that he wishes to share his experience with fellow mumineen. The only reason he has not shared his name is that he fears for the safety of his parents in India.
Attachments
sabeel-1.pdf
(536.02 KiB) Downloaded 542 times

wise_guy

Re: One Man’s Search for the Truth

Unread post by wise_guy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:03 pm

I didn't understand anything

voice

Unread post by voice » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:26 pm

wise_guy wrote:I didn't understand anything
For those who are bestowed with understanding of Quran (Quran fehmi) they will get the point. But is Faal allowed in Islam? I am asking it because I have read that, it is prohibited? Please correct me if I am wrong.

monginis

Unread post by monginis » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:53 pm

faal is knowledge of Quraan in which we open random page of Quraan and then read meaning of it to derive conclusions to questions.